tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. May 31, 2012
    I found the story line to be very deep and moving and while it left me wanting more it also touched me deeply in a reminder of how real families aren't always so Disneyesque....
    The Performance of Chaz Palminteri shows just how wonderfully cast he was for this role and how he has many levels to his acting abilities...

The daughters were simply amazing and I can see long careers for
    both...

The Artwork brought me back to my own childhood in the 70's and the art director did an amazing job recreating the scenes from that time period.

Overall I would recommend this movie for those that want a deep thinking film and not just action and adventure this summer.
  2. May 28, 2012
    Mighty Fine is padded with subplots. The anti-Semitism arc doesn't peak the way it should, and there's a subplot about Joe's involvement with loan sharks that doesn't resolve. Mighty Fine is painful to look at. Edges are blurry, and colors are dull. It's shot largely in close-ups, and there isn't much coverage. The direction is overall leaden and predictable, and newcomer Qualley, while attractive, is particularly wooden. The script is melodramatic. There is no subtext in Mighty Fine. There is just text. It's in bold, and underlined. A voice-over narration, read by a flat, nasal Garofalo continues well past its welcome. Full review on my blog. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    May 25, 2012
    If you can overlook Andie MacDowell's Mitteleuropa accent as a Jewish Holocaust survivor (I know: big if), the cinematic roman a clef Mighty Fine has some quiet charms.
  2. Reviewed by: Gary Goldstein
    May 24, 2012
    It all makes for a family therapist's dream scenario, but an otherwise choppy and predictable memory piece.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    May 24, 2012
    Mighty Fine chugs along heartily until it abruptly stops on the edge of cliff, leaving you feeling shortchanged. It is a couple of crucial scenes away from feeling complete.