Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 21, 2002
6.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 349 Ratings
WATCH NOW
shamusolarrySep 17, 2011
Minority Report is thrilling and has some great special effects, but the entire plot is impossible--and I don't mean the being able to see the future thing. If you really pay attention to the plot you'll see that even in a world where precogsMinority Report is thrilling and has some great special effects, but the entire plot is impossible--and I don't mean the being able to see the future thing. If you really pay attention to the plot you'll see that even in a world where precogs exist, the plot would not be able to happen. Acting is good though, and it did leave me entertained for the first five times that I watched it. But this most recent watching was when I noticed the plot holes. Expand
MovieGuysOct 3, 2014
What a shame! Minority Report starts out with a cool premise, but it doesn't know how to explore its philosophy and ideas. The movie ends up turning into a kind of peculiar, non-sensical utopia with product placement and strange plot lines.What a shame! Minority Report starts out with a cool premise, but it doesn't know how to explore its philosophy and ideas. The movie ends up turning into a kind of peculiar, non-sensical utopia with product placement and strange plot lines. Some of the movie is just so random it doesn't make an impact. Cruise, Farrell and von Sidow are fine as the leads, but they're trapped in a movie that Mr. Spielberg could've done much more with. Expand
jwt7000Jul 10, 2013
A good movie for some but with boring drama. Loved the visual effects, but besides the not-so-much suspense and action, I could have expected much more.
imthenoobNov 8, 2016
Inconsistent visually, Terribly bad action scenes, and an inconsistent plot as well. It's not that good of a movie to be honest and I could barely sit through it. They took an interesting premise and ruined it.
ericchrishooverApr 13, 2015
The whole movie contradicts itself constantly. It might have been a theme that the facts about the trio of pre-crime humans was falsified because of government being all government, but it wasn't conveyed well at all. At the beginning theyThe whole movie contradicts itself constantly. It might have been a theme that the facts about the trio of pre-crime humans was falsified because of government being all government, but it wasn't conveyed well at all. At the beginning they say that only murder can be seen into the future, but then they have an advertisement saying that it could prevent other things like rape, and from then on they act as though the ad was true, but then at the end they say only murder can be detected again because it fits the movie's agenda.

#Inconsistent