6.8

1. Nov 9, 2011
    'Miss Bala' is non a commercial movie, neither is a film about drugs cartels and corruption in the Mexican government. This is film about feelings of thousands of normal people in Mexico. Recently in this country, a lot of filmmakers and producers have decided to do projects about â
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    I was no t really excited about this movie, but I found it really realistic, It can be sad but the reality is not so different at all. The drug dealing in Mexico is anywhere and he film so true that it because I love it. The script is absolutely dynamic.Good performances, Absolutely recommended

1. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jan 27, 2012
    Miss Bala has been praised on the festival circuit for being a gritty look at the Mexican drug trade but too often it seemed like a bargain-bin "Scarface" to me.
  2. Reviewed by: Walter Addiego
    Jan 26, 2012
    Bala, by the way, means "bullet." Laura Zúñiga, the real-life beauty queen on whom the film is loosely based, was called "Miss Narco" in the Mexican press.
  3. Reviewed by: Loren King
    Jan 26, 2012
    Miss Bala signals the rise of a director to watch, as Naranjo offers a grim subject with neither flash nor sentiment. It is a sober film done with style.