7.6

1. Jan 10, 2012
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is awesome, the action is fast and loud, the whole thing is finely tuned thrill ride, it is awesome. The acting is very good as Tom Cruise performs admirably as Ethan Hunt and all the other characters perform well too. The plot is the same as any other action film but it is not very good, it is rather paper thin and so are the characters themselves but there is enough dazzling action to make up for that, it is still an awesome movie that you will want to see. Overall, Ghost Protocol is a great action-packed film that will not release you until the credits roll. This is an example of a fast, fun, and entertaining movie that allows it's audiences to simply enjoy the movie as an action movie should be. It is awesome. Breakdown for "Mission Impossible- Ghost Protocol": Presentation: 7.0, Plot: 6.1, Acting: 8.0, Script: .5, Lasting Appeal: 8.5, Verdict: 7.5 out of 10 "Great". Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2012
    Great special effects and fantastic action scenes make this film unlike any other MI film. Not to forget to mention the great humor throughout the story. However as in any other action drama: many things are unrealistic. The villain is a good example. His character wasn't elaborated upon very well. And this is also the case with Cruise's own character. The Ethan Hunt we saw in MI:3 looked immensely different than the Ethan we get to see know. Bird has not continued on expanding his character. Overall this film is easy to digest for action drama fans, and of course fans of the MI franchise. If you want more than just action and a good laugh, this film is not for you then. That is why I decided to give it a 7 out of 10. Expand
  3. Jan 1, 2012
    Enjoyable hokum to fill a New Year's Eve. Good set pieces and a lot of fun laughing at the plot holes...man of them (but no masks???). Cruise does his funny running and Simon Pegg is amusing. Sound...
  4. Mar 2, 2012
    I have never seen any of the other Mission: Impossible movies, but this is great. The story makes sense and the action scenes are clever, not to mention is is beautifully filmed.
  5. Dec 20, 2011
    effin amazing....this movie is great. watched it on the opening day in Dubai and i gotta say it makes me want to jump off the burj khalifa too lol.
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    Definitely the best of the Mission: Impossible movies. The CGI can be a bit annoying at times, but other than that, it's a great and enjoyable popcorn entertainment flick. Kudos to director Brad Bird for successfully directing his first live-action film, it was truly great.
  7. Dec 19, 2011
    When im see this movie..
    Its difficult to describe with word,,

This film are totally awesome at all..
    Since from beginning and end of the movie..

The technology used in this movie so great i think..
    Like the explosive effect on kremlin and the car who used ethan on india.

Really a perfect movie in end of year..
  8. Jun 8, 2012
    Your mission, Mr Cruise..is to create a vehicle to save your career from going into the 'hell hole' that traps many A-listers once they reach middle age. WIth that in mind, mission accomplished. By reigning in his ego, and creating the first Mission Impossible that doesn't feel like 'The Mr Tom Cruise show', Cruise salvages his career and created one of the best action film of 2011. Great action, great ensemble, super set pieces (especially in Dubai). It is the best Mission Impossible of the four. Expand
  9. Jan 14, 2013
    For re-watch value, sheer fun, entertainment, awe-inspirng special effects and excellent performances, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is flawless. Not only is it one of the best action films in previous years, but it is hard not to watch over again after finishing it.
    Tom Cruise returns for a fourth time as the adrenaline rushed IMF agent Ethan Hawke, joined again by Simon Pegg(Star
    Trek) as Benji, and introducing Paula Patton(Precious) as IMF agent Jane Carter and Jeremy Renner(The Hurt Locker) as a Chief analyst within the IMF.
    Right from the get-go, director Brad Bird lights the fuse, and it creates an explosive, action packed film which never ceases to amaze and entertain.
    What simply works with this movie is its fast-paced action which never gets old, one critic compared it to a "sleight of hand" action film, completely on the mark, it flawlessly incorporates action with humour, and executes visual masterpieces with ease and shoulder-shrugging envy. The scenes involving Cruise scaling the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, the tallest building to grace our earth, are easily some the greatest visually satisfying scenes of our time, not only was it jaw-dropping, but Cruise was in fact climbing it himself, without a stunt double in sight. These scenes amongst many others in the film are so unique that they are completely absurd to the point that they are too good to be believed.
    Patton excels as as the emotionally driven agent Carter, and Brit Simon Pegg is replicating his Scotty character from Star Trek, but thats not a bad thing.
    MIGP still manages to maintain its over the top scenes which we seen in previous instalments, but not only is GP better than the others by a long shot, but it tries to set out on its own and does this with ease, much like Fast Five, GP will surpass and amaze the expectations of most, simply because they brought fun and entertainment back to the table, Its a hard thing to do after three previous instalments but Brad Bird, coupled with an excellent cast, have managed to create a story driven sequel that bangs,bops and sleekly edges its way into our heart.
    For what it is, and for the amazing set pieces at work, its cunning ability to pull off its magician-like charm, Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol is a new path in the right direction and will get a perfect 10 for its flawless delivery....Mission Accomplished!
  10. Dec 21, 2011
    Seeing the trailer, I thought it was going to be a mindless action thriller, but I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of plot that flowed very nicely along side of it. Mission Accomplished.
  11. Dec 21, 2011
    Brad Bird has amazed me. I didn't expect that he will make Mission impossible: Ghost Protocol the best mission impossible movie. He just brought a great thrill ride and explosive action scene from beginning to end. IT'S AN EYE POPPING MOVIE!
  12. Dec 19, 2011
    This one is, by far, better than the rest. Cruise, Abrams and Bird take this film to the next level with incredible, unrelenting action sequences. I have a renewed respect for Cruise being able to look fearless when hanging off the side of one of the tallest buildings in the world. He can jump up and down on Oprah's couch anytime he wants and I won't care. Watch it in IMAX if you can!
  13. Dec 21, 2011
    I am big fan of Tom Cruise. I always see to it that I watch every MI that comes along. This time is no different. He always up the ante in every movie. The Burj is fantastic. Been to Dubai and it gives me goose bumps just thinking how tall that building and Tom made it looked easy. Got 2 free movie tickets. BTW, you can get it here @ bit.ly/freemoviepass Just add http to the site I mentioned. Thanks Expand
  14. Dec 27, 2011
    It's a pretty good film. It has nice action and an OK story. Could have been better, but it's worth seeing. I kind of found it a bit anticlimatic. It starts out great and intruiging, but seeems to fall a bit flat towards the end.
  15. Dec 21, 2011
    If you enjoyed the previous iterations of the Mission: Impossible film franchise, Ghost Protocol offers more of the same. If you're looking for any kind of divergence from the formula, you're in for disappointment. There is something to be said for a straight forward action movie that doesn't pretend to be anything else. If that's your bag, go see this movie.
  16. Dec 22, 2011
    Protams, action un ritms ir nostrÄ
  17. Apr 28, 2012
    Most certainly the most epic action movie I've seen in recent days. The whole dubai sequence is so bad*ss, from the skyscraper to the sand storm. It gets a deduction from me because it was a little too long.
  18. Jan 4, 2012
    I personally don't particular like action movies, but this one was certainly entertaining. The story is straight forward this time. I remember the first one was a big head scratcher. More importantly, I am so delighted that the action/fight scenes were very clear. You can see clearly who's fighting who. In so many other action movies, you can never tell who is fighting who; you just see a bunch of people beating the crap out of each other. Action scenes are well choreographed. Director Brad Bird did a great job on this film. Expand
  19. Dec 31, 2011
    Mission Incredible Director Bird -he of The Incredibles/Pixar pedigree - has delivered a no brain, non-stop thriller that makes the latest James Bond look like a BBC period piece. Forget the premise - who can believe a genius Swedish physicist fit enough to outrun Cruise, wants to start a nuclear war? So don't expect any Christopher Nolan style cleverness (thank God!)to lumber the movie in layers of psycho-babble. This is popcorn chomping of the highest order. The key to the success of this film rests in the fabulous stunts and chases and an excellent ensemble cast. Right from the first scene, the movie grabs you in an adrenalin pumping escape from a Russian jail. It takes you from one amazing set piece to the next - all featuring the nearly 50 year old Cruise doing the impossible. The top scene is the one set in Dubai which had the entire audience gasping for air. Forget suspension of disbelief - there was not one believable scene - it was a tour de force of CGI and physical prowess from Cruise. The real bonus was the four characters who make up the Impossible team - Cruise, Pegg, Renner and the girl (Carter?). The three men were terrific - Cruise, charismatic, Pegg, funny, and Renner - just wonderful. The Amazonian mocha colored girl was unbelievable as all these females are - beautiful, powerful - incredible. Yet the interplay worked with all of them, and they separated this movie from the usual action dross. Points off for total lack of coherent plot, terrible villain, and a dash of hoke throughout - Cruise's wife, the Russians, the female agent's grief over a lost agent/boyfriend - well, you can't ask for everything. Exciting, funny, brainless Expand
  20. Dec 29, 2011
    So this is my first ever movie review and I'll just start it because it's just my opinion anyway, so instead of utilizing any evaluation average methods I'll just say what I thought about the movie because I haven't developed and evaluation method for movies yet so....
    The film is a good action movie with a few twists and a forgettable plot, if you are thinking about watching it, well just
    watch it but do not expect it to be fantastic just another average action espionage film. The acting is good but nothing impressive, what I liked was the gadgets that reminded of a James Bond movie.....still at the end of the day Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is a good Saturday afternoon experience, not a great movie but a fine one, in my opinion the best Mission: Impossible is still the original series but maybe I'm one of the few who actually thinks that way. Final Score 6.5/10 which means 7/10 in Metacritic. Expand
  21. Dec 29, 2011
    Tom Cruise returns to his Ethan Hunt character popularized by the previous three installments with this fourth entry produced by J.J. Abrams. Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec provide the script for the Paramount production.
  22. Dec 31, 2011
    The Dialogue is clever but the plot is mediocre, YET the film has some of the best choreographed, edited and shot action sequences of all time. A movie so amazing that you forget the story is on rails the entire time. I love the series overall though.
  23. Aug 24, 2014
    M:I 4 - another impossible mission made possible with difficult stunts.

This is the fourth part in a series, and it keeps to the spirit of the previous movies, providing breath-taking situation, betrayals, backstabbing, unknown elements and pushing human limits to achieve victory and save humanity (your standard action movie).

Tom Cruise is his usual self, as is Ethan Hunt. His team
    is new (although we did see a glimpse of Ving Rhames, who played Luther in three previous movies). While Ethan's team wasn't bad, with Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner being faces I like from before, they weren't given that much background or room to grow. (Plus they totally ruined Renner's character's back-story that was driving him so hard.)

A pleasant surprise was Samuli Edelmann's performance. I always dread Finnish actors in foreign productions, but he was rather good, I must admit, speech included.

All in all the plot was good, the story moved fast, but at the same time it felt that it had been... split into pieces, making it feel less like one whole story when moving from one location to the next. I also wasn't a fan of the starting credits, which kind of showed scenes from the upcoming movie; I would have liked them to allow me to keep guessing a bit longer about where they were going to journey in the movie.

A must-see for Cruise fans and those who have enjoyed other M:I movies. Action guaranteed, and a few good laughs too, seeing as Pegg's character was there mostly for the laughs.
  24. Dec 31, 2011
    It's a raining day and you're bored out of your mind, it seems like there is nothing you can do to brighten the afternoon but watch a movie. If this happens to you grab some friends and go see Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol, and expect to be entertained from start to finish. Definitely the best of the trilogy, Mission Impossible sets out to be an exciting thrill ride and succeeds with non stop action and a great spy story that rivals James Bond. The only complaint I have about this movie is that it is a little long and during the last twenty minutes (as exciting as they are) you may find yourself awaiting the epic conclusion to the two hour and twenty minute movie. Expand
  25. Jan 1, 2012
    Action, action, action. If you aren't going to see this movie for the action, then don't watch it. The plot is interesting enough to drive the movie forwards, but don't expect anything groundbreaking. The acting is nice, and the scenes are well made.
  26. Jan 4, 2012
    I wanted to like this movie so much after reading critic reviews and good word of mouth. However, I agree with other reviews, totally predictable, and been there done that terrorist plot. Overall, I expected more from JJ Abrams and Brad Bird- two talented directors. Also, product placement was incredibly distracting. I am sick of seeing BMWs and Dos Equis every other scene. However, action scenes were incredible. Acting was fine. Worth seeing, but temper expectations. Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2012
    don't get me wrong, this is a great movie, but there is one major mistake, or is it meant to be like this; their car, the Land rover, has a fake registration plate, this is because in dubai, the letter comes before the numbers, is this a mistake or was it supposed to be like that?
  28. Jan 4, 2012
    A solid, well filmed action flick, and the second best in the series. I prefer J.J. Abrams' MI:3. Sure there are some fantastic action sequences, and yes, Tom Cruise runs a lot. A. LOT. The whole thing just seems overblown, overplayed, and...over. Kudos to Simon Pegg for adding some much needed humor but why Brad Bird, WHY did you add the Three Stooges slapstick stuff, i.e. Jeremy Renner pacing, stretching, doing lunges before his big jump? Save that stuff for a Pixar film. Expand
  29. Jan 4, 2012
    The first 3/4 of the movie are excellent. I was literally on the edge of my seat during the hotel scenes. However, it gets a tad slow as they are closing in on the master villain. Still, this was the best action movie of the year.
  30. Jan 4, 2012
    This movie is a fun, the action is fun, the characters are fun and the script is fun. Cruise is ok, but still tolerable. Simon Pegg is funny as always and a pleasure to watch him. The script is also surprisingly good. This is the type of movie that really draws you in and makes you experience the action with the characters. Really good action movie, worth checking out.
  31. Jan 6, 2012
    This movie is a tale of 2 halves.......The first half leaves you amazed with jaw dropping action sequences.....At the same time,the 2nd half is stale and leaves you disappointed....
  32. JYT
    Jan 21, 2012
    It follows the Mission:Impossible spirit of the tv series. The locations and places where it was films looks really good. There are good guys and bad guys but also the standard useless idiot with Simon Peg and also the abnoxious rich Indian with all his mobile phone who does not deserve one pence who what he owns. Good to see his a.. kicked.
  33. Jan 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a huge fan of action movies most of the time, but my dad and I like to see movies together, so he dragged me to this movie--I have to say I'm thankful for that. I went in with relatively low expectations, as I've never been a Tom Cruise fan, but man, I was blown away. The action scenes were brilliant, the technology was incredibly intriguing (particularly the hologram sheet thing Pegg and Cruise used when infiltrating the Kremlin), and the plot was pretty good, especially for an action flick. The most fun I've had at the theater in awhile, I'd highly recommend you see MI:GP. Expand
  34. Jan 8, 2012
    Action packed, no doubt, the ghost protocol is not short on thrills and spills. The story isn't amazing, but is decent enough to tie the action together. The chemistry between the characters works well, and the tech is not too shabby either (especially in one scene in the Kremlin). But to be honest, it was all a bit too much for too long. Not since transformers 3 have my eyes been subjected to such seamlessly never ending pointless explosions and jumping about, particularly towards the end, where I was just hoping the international wrong doers would succeed so the film could finish there and then. Expand
  35. Feb 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie, it has comedy, and awesome action moments. I was drawn into the movie from the beginning, I wasn't even expecting much, I came out of the theater very happy.
  36. lbl
    Jan 20, 2012
    Too long, too, too long. When the stunts start to get boring you know that the film is just way too long. Cut about thirty minutes out of it and it would have been a blast, although most of the great stuff happened in the first twenty minutes.
  37. Jan 23, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol continues the M:I agent Ethan Hunts exploits as he takes on the impossible and dishes out the amazing. Ethan Hunt (played by the amazing* Tom Cruise) is sent into a spiral of deception and chaos as he and his team are set up and "Ghost Protocol" is initiated and IMF is shut down. Ethan and his team, with help from a mysterious outsider Brandt (Jeremy Renner) bolt off in a thrill-a-minute ride to clear their names and invoke the IMF trust back into the heart of the government.

M:I-Ghost Protocol delivers in every since of what the franchise is trying to do. Placing a bit more humor into the mix does make for a more "popcorn" feel of a movie, but do not hesitate M:I fans; Ghost Protocol delivers more excitement and punches than previous installments. Tom Cruise, being more of a daredevil in this one, helps to bring the authenticity to the role making everything more believable in the small frame of time they have. The character of William Brandt helps introduce a new kind of operative to the circle, though Renner is great, his portrayal of Brandt came off a tad bland and bit dull. Renner still did a great job and the character of Brandt is something that people could possibly come to like a lot in the series because of his humanity and humbleness he carries.

And who could forget the lovely Paula Patton, though her character did not have much back story going in, her story forward is pretty much solidified as a great addition to the series. Not to mention her smile is as intoxicating as a glass of the finest scotch.

One has to hand it to Mr. Cruise as he has, with help, been able to keep this franchise from dying and drying out and continuously offering a new feeling of enjoyment.

*he totally should have won an award for he portrayal in the Last Samurai.
  38. Apr 30, 2013
    I agree 100% with weisberger. I honestly don't see how anyone likes this movie. The plot is incredibly shallow and generic, Explains pretty much nothing, and the dialogue is awful. The action scenes are poorly done and are so incredibly unrealistic that it leaves you dumb-founded. I really don't see how anyone could give this movie a position review let alone critical acclaim.
  39. Jan 24, 2012
    Not many movies have made me gasp like the scene where Cruise was hanging on the building in Dubai. This is hands down the best entry in this series and one of the best action films from 2011. I would love to see another if they keep Patton and Bird. Patton was very sexy and Bird was as great as ever( The Incredibles).
  40. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily the best of the M:I series so far. Good action scenes, a decent plot and some interesting characters. But seriously, they need to stop with the whole "disavowed" thing; surely by now they would have just disbanded the entire operation given how often they seem to screw stuff up.
  41. Jan 27, 2012
    Fun, exciting and entertaining, BUT pointless. BUT who cares!? This is just one of those action movies that takes you away for 2 hours. Big budget explosions and fast paced storytelling will make you forget how **** real life is.
  42. Jan 31, 2012
    Very impressive. The scenes are really beautiful, and IMAX makes it even better. It is definitely better than the third one. The plot is attractive. I was gripped all through the movie. I believe it's a perfect farewell for Tom Cruise to the series of Mission Impossible.
  43. Feb 1, 2012
    Pure action, with not much else. Lazy script writing, with the audience being whisked to exotic locations (Dubai, India) for reasons quite unclear. Some impressive shots and action sequences, my favourite being a chase in the middle of a sandstorm. But frankly, it's not enough to overcome the complete lack of a credible story. I loved the first Mission Impossible, precisely because there was just enough of everything: suspense, tension, plot twists, character development etc. Not so for this one. Expand
  44. Feb 4, 2012
    Tom Cruise knows how to deliver on the non-stop action, and Brad Birdâ
  45. Feb 10, 2012
    Amazing action film. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. As Mission Impossible should have, there are many well developed suspenseful moments. Special effects and acting are top notch! Its a must see, and probably my second favorite behind the original in this action packed series.
  46. Apr 24, 2012
    I must not have watched the same movie as everyone else, because I don't understand how anyone could think this was an above average, or even good movie. The action scenes are forced and boring; and everything was just one big joke. They tried to have funny, clever dialogue around the action, a la True Lies and failed miserably. Even the equipment they use is so ridiculous it takes away from any "cool" factor from it. One scene, they use a device to change the engraved room number plaques in a hotel. Who would even think to invent something like that? Let alone how stupid it is to think about how something like that would even work. They even have a bunch of them, not just one! It sounds nit-picky, but the entire movie just has that feel. Outlandish gadgets that take away from any suspense or plausibility to their plans. No creative solutions to anything, just have the writers make up some gadget that fixes a plot point, then throw in some chase scenes and explosions. Maybe it's the same writers on this site that are somehow giving this movie 8's, 9's and even 10's. Save yourself the time and skip this one, you've already watched it in the previous three movies anyway. Expand
  47. May 4, 2012
    MI:4 wasn't a bad movie, it just didn't deliver on the hype and expectations. It had decently redeemable action sequences but others were staid and typical. Tom himself is a bit out of shape on the heavy side so that didn't work well for him. Simon Pegg delivered on the decent but predictable comedy relief. Paula Patton was forgettable except when wearing that gown. The villains were lackluster and forgettable too which I suppose speaks to Cruise's own insecurity, which is likely why Josh Holloway (Sawyer on "LOST") was killed off so quickly. Barely recommended. Expand
  48. Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty good Cruise film, but I like him in the Impossible series and Top Gun. Guess I'm a sucker for some thriller action movies that you know the hero will come out on top, but hey, it's Hollywood and they're gambling on what we want to watch. Thought the acting was convincing but not spectacular, action scenes good enough, gadgetery appealing, and the storyline twists suspenseful. Probably the best in the series, but TC is getting old (like most of us) and will get caught in the next one. Quit while you're still ahead and alive. Expand
  49. Mar 7, 2012
    A movie that was truthfully well put together after the last film in 2006. The action in the film was great, the humor, and cast was wonderful as well. Pick this film up when it comes out on DVD.
  50. Apr 28, 2012
    Mission Impossible is a staisfying movie. Neither great nor bad. This is just one of those action movies that takes you away for 2 hours and then you forget.
  51. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. For sure the best mission impossible yet. Acting was great. Everyone was great in the movie. Score was great. Same old great mission impossible music. Story is really good. The special effects are great. Action sequences are spectacular. Its just all amazing. Overall MI4 is a great movie. With so much action, and some comedy, makes this a sure treat. Highly recommended. Expand
  52. Jan 5, 2013
    Ghost Protocol is probably the strongest entry in the Mission Impossible series so far. It's a fast paced, strong plot loaded with exciting action set pieces, none more so than the Burj Khalifa stunts, which look fantastic. With clever gadgets, missions, disguises and Hunt working as part of a true IMF team, Ghost Protocol stays true to the Mission Impossible mantra. Speaking of the IMF team, Paula Patton, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg add to the film's dynamics as well as most of the film's humourous moments. Make no mistake though, Ghost Protocol is Tom Cruise's film. When Ethan Hunt is on form, and is he in Ghost Protocol, Cruise probably doesn't play a better character these days. He seems to thrive on the stunts he performs himself and the film is better for it. The film isn't without its flaws however, I didn't feel that anywhere near enough emphasis was placed on Michael Nyqvist's villain. In fact, I could barely remember him the following day! Also, for the fact that the film is based on a protocol that supposedly renders the team with no support or back-up, it didn't really seem to have any impact at all on the mission. I can't remember it really being mentioned later on.

All things considered though, Ghost Protocol is a really enjoyable action film with some fantastic action sequences.
  53. Apr 4, 2012
    No soy un fan de la serie, pero esta fue muy entretenida. La verdad es que quede muy satisfecho cuando sali del cine. La aciion es constante y las escenas son intensas. Una de las mejores peliculas de accion del 2011 y para mi la mejor Mision Imposible que he visto.
  54. Mar 30, 2012
    great movie. you need to see every movie to understand this though. if you are scared of heights you want to close your eyes at some points. why? because he climbs the tallest building. it was really exciting. it was terrific
  55. Apr 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie really got me by surprise. After M:I 3 I thought that the franchise will be buried and forgotten, however somehow M:I 4 made me forget everything that was bad. The story is believable (except the Kremlin explosion and Dubai sand storm) and the acting is solid. Jeremy Renner is a refreshment and Simon Pegg (as usually) gives the movie lightness and humor. The jokes have an excellent timing and even the cliches are tolerable. The only thing that made me cringe was the obvious product placement (Dell servers, I mean really!). All in all, 2 hours of action and fun. What more would you need from Tom Cruise? Expand
  56. May 12, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Exciting and creative actions scenes were the main driving point and there were even a few plot twists that (although you could see it coming miles away) still added positively to the experience. A good film to watch when you're tired and in need of dumb entertainment.
  57. Apr 15, 2012
    This movie worth renting but not buying. Hour 1 was good but hour to felled rushed to me. The ending was I don't no how to explane it. MI Ghost Protocol 6.4/10
  58. Apr 16, 2012
    The live action directing debut of Brad Bird makes think that this man is pro,great action sequences a well careful directing,and amazing quotes.A highly recommended action movie for the fans of the series but not only.
  59. Apr 25, 2012
    This time they did everything right. Superb casting with an excellent and in-form Cruise delivering a recital on how an action flick should be made henceforth. Clever dialogues build around, though not only, witty remarks between the characters, along with breathtaking action sequences create a high octane mixture that explodes in a brilliant finale. Best in the series and possibly the best action movie of this decade. Expand
  60. May 3, 2012
    Quite simply put; Tom Cruise still has it. One of the better M:Is I've seen (I liked 4 the best). The story was very good, though not the strongest I've seen; you did not really get to know many of the characters very well.

Still, very good movie and I don't regret seeing it.
  61. May 16, 2012
    Since 1996 the Mission Impossible series has thrived in the action genre, delivering exhilarating action, high tech gadgets and nail biting escape sequences. Twenty five years later. Tom Cruise returns again with a new team to take on the fourth entry in the series, Ghost Protocol.

Ghost Protocol follows on from the third; during an interception of an important file in Moscow, the Kremlin
    is blown up and the blame placed solely on IMF. The secret organisation is disavowed, leaving Ethan Hunt and his team (now comprised of Benjie Dunn, Jane Carter and later William Brandt) are the only means to prevent a nuclear war between the USA and Russia. Itâ Expand
  62. May 16, 2012
    This is a review for the release of the Blu Ray edition of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. The movie was great, and action packed. The Blu Ray special features on the other hand were a little lacking. For a Blu Ray, there were a medium amount of special features. The special features also do not go into great depth other than the Making of featurette. What about the film quality? Well, there are times when the film is a little blurry, but other than that the transfer was superb. The sound quality is also impressive. Overall, if you wanted to buy the blu ray version to add to your collection I would encourage it. On the other hand, if this is a film you don't care to have in high definition, I would recommend that you save a few dollars and just get a normal version sans the special features. Expand
  63. Nov 15, 2013
    I haven't seen any of the previous "Mission: Impossible" films but I can tell you that "Ghost Protocol" is amazing. It's thrilling, breathtaking and intelligent. Tom Cruise fits perfectly well as his role here, and probably is one of his most fitting roles, if you don't count "Minority Report".
  64. May 25, 2012
    all that was good about this movie was the effects and action other than that theres not much to this movie the plot is just an excuse to see tom cruise blow things up. there are only a few moments in the entire movie where they explain the plot or who enemy is in the entire film i just saw it for the action and thats what i expected and thats what i got.
  65. Jun 8, 2012
    This movie has so much mad technology and crazy stuff going on, and tom cruise is such a super action man, with enough world weariness to be convincing, and some other bloke in it is kick ass, etc, etc, how come I can't remember any of the dialogue and only vaguely a couple of action sequences? It's so overproduced it is basically forgettable, and as such.... well, it is just not really at all involving. if you've got a tv the size of your wall you'll like a couple of scenes, otherwise you'll get much more fun out of a video game for an hour or so.. Expand
  66. Jun 15, 2012
    The plot can be unoriginal, it seems you've seen it lots of times, but it entertains you. It is a good movie because of this: is entertaining. It's intense, a lot of action, and some more action too. But that's what matter. End of story.
  67. Aug 18, 2012
    Pixar's Brad Bird makes his live-action debut with the second best M:I film in the series. The action is well choreographed and they don't try to overload the viewer by leaving room for the story developent and dialogue scenes. It's a fun spectacle and reinvigorates a series that was on a downhill slope. Bring on M:I-5!
  68. Jun 26, 2012
    This is definitely the best action pack movie from Mission Impossible series and the best action pack movies this year. It is a non-stop action movie right from the beginning till the end. It is very important to catch audience attention for the first 2 to 5 minutes of play time. This movie did a great job on this and kept continuing till the end. Action packed movies lovers would definitely quarantee to love this. Expand
  69. Jul 7, 2012
    This has been the best action film I have seen in a long time. Me and my whole family loved this movie. I have always like the "Mission Impossible" movies.
  70. Aug 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the most overrated movies ever made. The fourth Mission Impossible continues the trend of the film series showing disrespect and drifting away from its source material both totally and thematically in favour of meaningless action sequences which make more sense. Speaking of action, let me start off by saying that I found these "amazing" action scenes pretty underwhelming. After every car chase, fist fight or gun fight it all left me thinking "that's it?". The gadgets thus time were more ridiculous than ever, it made Die Another Day look real. As for the story its the same old meaningless generic nuclear war **** turning USA and Russia on each other, only this time it's poorly done. it starts off with a Kremlin bombing which has no sort of impact on the world. The world is on the brink of World War 3 and nbdy anywhere gives a damn. There's no sort of political crisis going on following the bombing. In Dubai nobody cared, in India they were partying all the way. The Sum Of All Fears played its WW3 story much better and that movie was a dud. The characters, including Jeremy Renner were very boring and wooden. Ethan Hunt continues to be the most overrated spy in the world, he's got nothing on James Bond or Jason Bourne. The villain was idiotically generic, his motives are incoherent and dumb, and he was underdeveloped. Like I previously said, this is generic **** The movie felt more like a commercial for the new BMW than it did an actual movie. Overall rating 3/10. Expand
  71. Dec 15, 2012
    After watching this film, I was filled with utter apathy for it. Definitely didn't hate it, but really didn't enjoy it either. Sort of like sitting at a red light waiting for the next great green thing to come along, but really in that moment you are just sitting there doing nothing staring at some red glowing circle. Blah.
  72. Dec 25, 2012
    Favorite action movie of 2011/2012. Lots of extreme action and it has a plot. Tom Cruse is a very good actor. I would go see this movie 10000000000 times and never get tired of it.
  73. Nov 28, 2012
    Breathtaking visuals, enchanting characters and dialogue, and some truly intelligent storytelling not only make "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" the best of the franchise, but maybe even the best of its kind.
  74. Feb 9, 2013
    The best in the series. Stretches the imagination and the laws of physics at times. Had some truly epic scenes like the ones shot in Dubai, and also some that infuriated the hell out of me. The plot was typical_ chasing a one dimensional villain around the globe.
  75. Dec 15, 2012
    This movie really upset me with the amount of endorsed advertisements in it. And this movie had potential but shot down by greed to become a giant advertisement. Mission impossible was about secret-super agents that had access to high-tech gadgets. What this movie had in store was iPhone, after iPad, after iPhone. Like seriously I know the secret service does not use Apple everything to get things done otherwise they would get NOTHING done. Not to mention that there's only one brand of car in the world of "Mission Impossible" and that is BMW. So we paid for a two hour advertisement...Cool. Expand
  76. May 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol disposes of the over-the-top mindless action sequences that burdened the previous films in the series and succeeds by injecting realistic and believable action based stunts that parallel a intriguing and well- developed story
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. But I thought the action in this movie was great. I kept saying ouch & wincing whenever he smashed into a wall or whatnot. Cruise is looking a tad too skinny in this movie. You especially notice this during the scene in the hospital when he's shirtless. Thought Jeremy Renner, was good in this movie. Simon Pegg was funny & Paula Patton was beautiful. She can kick some butt too. I always like to see strong female characters. I almost didn't recognize Josh Holloway in the beginning of the movie. Where did he disappear to? Anway, stunning location shoots, great action & solid acting. Me like! Expand
  78. Dec 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What Could go wrong with Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise.
    Nothing really it was a good movie. Except for one thing. The action scenes at times were pretty cheesy and a bit inbelieveable. With Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher which is his latest film that to has cheesy scenes.
    The cheesiet part in the film is when Tom Cruise is on the building trying to swing over to a window he was trying to reach. Oh my god he falls and he hangs onto a ledge.
    Cheesy..............
    They could've done that scene totally different😞
    Seriously.
    Overall besides the bad cheesy scenes I give it
    10 full stars😃
  79. Jan 3, 2013
    Now, to tell you guys i wasn't really excited about Mission: Impossible 4. Why? Cause of "Knight and Day" It was fun, but not really smart. Okay, i saw the movie and it wasn't just good. it was GREAT and EPIC! This movie had everything a sequel needs. It's got great action, smart suspense, it's well acted, well directed and it goes into directions that you don't even expect. Every time, you're gonna be like "I was totally not expecting that, and that is AWESOME!" There's even a scene where Ethan Hunt's climbing the Dubai tower, which is the tallest tower in the world, and he does that by Spider-Man crawling up the glass. It turned out to be the best and most exciting scene in the entire movie. Also, they made this absurd that doesn't even exist, but it's so damn awesome! I really like that, it was awesome. We got a great and epic summer movie in winter. I'm serious, you should go and check it out, it's totally worth watching Expand
  80. Jun 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol shows that the franchise is still going strong. Tom Cruise once again gives a top notch performance and Brad Bird shows a great eye for action scenes.
  81. Mar 28, 2013
    My first 'Mission Impossible" movie that did not at all leave me disappointing. The characters were well developed and a good amount of humor was matched with the action.
  82. May 16, 2013
    It is amazing how the director managed to change the style of the franchise, leaving the film much funnier and violent while transformanado the plot into something more interesting complex, and once again starring Tom Cruise so good.
  83. May 25, 2014
    Ghost Protocal was a vast improvement in the Mission Impossible series since the first one back in 1996. The cast is good im sure they could have picked a better female(Paula Patton) for this role but she did well. Simon Pegg did a great job acting in this movie though they still used him for some comic relief. To be honest i was not pleased on how Jeremy Renner character was just thrown into the movie.

Still this was a great two hour long movie with the opening scene being around ten minutes long i enjoyed it from start to finish.
  84. Feb 9, 2014
    "Ghost Protocol is ridonculous," in the words of "How I Met Your Mother" 's Ted Mosby. He's damn right, even if that is a fictional show. This movie rocked. The action scenes were exciting and exhilarating, and the plot was pretty spot on. Even the script was pretty good, with some funny jokes and realistic conversations. I also loved the gadgets and gizmos they used, whether they were using that screen that simulated objects behind them in the Kremlin, or those gloves Cruise wore that stick to the side of buildings. Really well-done fourth installment. If a fourth installment to a series is this good, you know the series is top notch. I really hope they make a fifth. Expand
  85. Sep 29, 2014
    pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

The movie is wonderful, nonsensical fun.
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    The movie is sheer hurtling mechanism - the entire world in motion - and it's great silly fun. [2 Jan. 2012, p.79]
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    Dec 20, 2011
    If the M:I films are immune to the tarnish on the Cruise brand, it's precisely because their spectacle requires us to be impressed by Ethan Hunt, not to like him.