7.6

1. Dec 16, 2011
    The action scenes are the one element that makes this mission great. Not only are they creative, but director Brad Bird handles them like an action master. Personally, I haven't seen action this good since "Casino Royale." Unlike a lot of other recent action films, there's no shaky cam, and the action almost always stays focused on one particular element. In other words, it rarely gets out of hand and overwhelming (unlike the last two "Transformers" movies for instance). Take note, this is how action should always be done. It's sad that action this great is now a novelty, but as an action fan, I'll sure as heck take this as a gift. Besides the cinematography, I also thought the makers did a clever job of giving Hunt opportunities to escape his "impossible" situations. It was like the creators adapted Matthew Vaughn's philosophy when he made "Kick-Ass". The philosophy was this: If there's at most a 1 out of 1000 chance that a character can accomplish the stunts given to them, it's included it in the movie. Is it likely Hunt could have done the things he did? No. Is it possible? Maybe. Adapting this philosophy prevents us from laughing at the action, and it allows us, instead, to just go along for the ride. My only quibble with this film is its running time. With its fairly simple storyline and stock characters, 133 minutes is pushing it just a bit. Luckily, the cast keeps things fresh with Simon Pegg giving an incredibly sharp performance as the techie-nerd comic relief. Tom Cruise also shows us that at 49 he can kick some major ass. This is a must-see for just about any action fan, and it has to be seen in theaters. The visuals are too incredible for you to get the same effect on a television. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2011
    The positive reviews for this film, by both the public and the critics, have made me wonder if I am living in an alternate universe. Perhaps people who go to Mission Impossible films are self selecting, and don't want anything different. But what about the critics? At any rate, I went with my two sons who are in their twenties and after the film ended we paused and then universally acclaimed that the film was absolutely pathetic. Wooden comic book writing, absurd situations (one must suspend disbelief, i know, but the Tom Cruise character cannot run down or later win a fight with a 60 year old physicist? Really?) and just overall the type of film I might have liked when I was 10 (or not). Trust me - go see Dragon Tatoo if you want to be entertained. Or stay home. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2011
    Marvel at Tom Cruise's ability to fill endless scenes with running (but never catching). Gasp in awe at the way he can fall thirty feet onto his face and not even bruise. Squeal with delight as 30 minutes of plot magically becomes two hours. This was an Apple commercial with James Bond dreams...but I suppose that means it was exactly the same as the rest of the series.
  4. Dec 16, 2011
    I think Ghost Protocol is the best Mission Impossible of the lot. It grips you from beginning to end with high octane fuel filled action. The acting was great and is really quite funny at times especially with 'Sean of the Dead' Star Simon Pegg. The Scenes on the side of the tallest building in the world are breath taking and keep you on the edge of your seat. Put your reservations of Tom Cruise aside, he did really well in this action packed movie. The only flaw I noticed was, where were the people as Ethan Hunt scaled the side of the glass walled building, surely someone would have noticed? This is one movie in a series that has got better as they progress and not worse. Expand
  5. Dec 16, 2011
    Simply high octane action in the movie. This is the best action movie of 2011. Brad bird and Tom cruise rocks!! So go and watch this one because you can't afford to miss such a great action thriller flick of the mission impossible franchise.
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    One of the best action movies of the past few years. Very slickly directed & edited it all works really well together. Easy to follow plot which is still a little mysterious & unsettling. Solid acting from all concerned. Tom Cruise gives his best Ethan Hunt since MI1. Paula Patton is both tough & attractive/sexy. Simon Pegg is slightly annoying but also endearing. Jeremy Renner is both mysterious & yet vague. Lea Seydoux is sexy but lethal in the best spy thriller fashion.

Brad Bird does an excellent job directing here its so well made & effortlessly edited together. ILM do a stunning job on the VFX work it has around 700 shots & most of those are invisible fake backgrounds,/buildings but look very convincing.

MI4 just really works as an action adventure/spy thriller & travels to at least 4 exotic locations. The way it all comes together is a tribute to the actors/filmmakers that in 2011 they can all make a coherent shaky cam free cinematic experience which can be followed & enjoyed by movie fans of all ages yet still manage to suck you into the story. Its more like a Pierce Brosnan bond movie at times than a Mission Impossible movie but those exotic elements help to tell the story & stop it from boring you as for the first 75% of the running time the action is wall to wall & the plot twists constant so you never get a chance to relax until the slower paced ending which even then has a few twists & some more excitement to deliver.

Highly recommened for anyone who is a Tom Cruise fan or just wants a great time at the movies.
  7. Jan 18, 2012
    to be honest it was NOT that good, i found it rather dull and i dont know... boring?!
    okay let me sum it up for all you guys:
    its simply an uneventful over rated movie...take my advice and dont watch it XS
  8. Feb 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I realize that this is first and foremost an action picture, but some of this action was just too over the top. And no human being could take the physical stress and beating that Tom Cruise supposedly did and get up to take more. It made me wince -- not in sympathy but in total disbelief.
    Also, that plot twist at the end.was so ludicrous I wanted my money back from this movie and the previous one.
    The only reason I didn't give the movie a worse rating was that the co-stars did a good job of acting. Tom was his usual wooden self -- although he looks like he is shrinking.
  9. Jan 13, 2012
    If you like special effects then you probably would enjoy the movie. Beyond that it was a bust. There is not much of a story. It really doesn't hold your attention. We did see the IMAX version and that was the only thing we really enjoyed - as the sound was far better than in a regular theater.
  10. Dec 17, 2011
    Being a James Bond fan, I've actually not put much effort into seeing the many flavors America has produced in a similar genre. I remember seeing the first Mission Impossible, and liking it. I saw the first Bourne movie, and liked it. They've just never struck me with the same interest that 007 has. Honestly, had my son not wanted to see this for his birthday, I probably would not have wanted to pursue seeing it either, but I'm glad I did. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol keeps the viewer on edge pretty much the entire time, similar to Bond. While there are simplistic points to elements of the story, I'm glad they didn't try to go too deep into complexity as the length of Ghost Protocol was almost enough to make me lose interest. However, the cast is incredible. I'm a huge Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner fan (although with Renner taking over the Bourne series and Hawkeye in The Avengers, it seemed odd that he accepted this one). Tom Cruise is aging very well and is well-received (obviously) in this role. What makes Ghost Protocol the most interesting though is its key scene in Dubai. From the eye-opening, jaw-dropping IMAX city scenes, especially those scaling the Burj Khalifa, to the unique sandstorm car chase, this 30 minute scene made the movie, for me. One can only expect so much from a story in a movie like Ghost Protocol, but when the supplement is a fantastic cast and superb film-making (without being overly effects-oriented), one can't help but enjoy the ride. Expand
  11. Dec 16, 2011
    Oh! my god this is a great action flick far more best than fast five. Its a superb thriller and most wonderful mission impossible movie in the franchise. i was damn sure that director Brad bird will again give a big hit like his previous films and he has done it. Tom cruise is again back in great action. The full movie was full of fun so finally we get the best action movie of 2011. All the characters such as Simon pegg, Jeremie renner, were too good and last but not the least the Indian cool hero Anil kapoor had a quite fantastic character so overall the is a big blockbuster hit. So go and watch it in IMAX. The most breathtaking seen was the Burj khalifa (Dubai) when Tom cruise was climbing the tallest skyscrapper. Go and enjoy yourself don't miss it!! Expand
  12. Dec 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible. Really poor attempts at humour mixed with the disappointment that the series has become. A few flashy explosions, competent direction and cinematography, but overall a slightly dull film. A poorly written script that eschews actual storytelling, and just tries to cram action scenes together.
    Tom Cruise is at his most uncharismatic, Simon Pegg's role is superfluous, and the rest of the actors just go through the paces.
    The story is almost non-existent. There is no justifiable reason for the antagonist wanting to start World War 3, other than a pissweak flashback scene than makes no sense. The scenes and pacing feel rushed. The team seems to be trying to outdo themselves by coming up with the weakest plan possible.
    It is a thoroughly un-gripping film. I knew it was going to suck, but I was surprised at just how much it actually does suck.
    The humour is really weak. There are a couple of funny scenes, but they're quite amateurish, and feel out of place for the most part.
    It just goes to show that people are starting to enjoy trash movies rather than demanding more for the (rising) cost of their movie ticket.
  13. Dec 16, 2011
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is one of the best action movies around. Action-packed and hilarious most of the time! Yes! You would laugh all the way till the end of the movie. At some points of the movie, it is definitely MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Highly recommended.

Note: Trailer contains spoiler.
  14. Dec 22, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Saw it at an IMAX so made it so much better! Enough story along with the action to keep it interesting the whole way through.
  15. Dec 19, 2011
    Fun ride. I watched it in IMAX and was pleased with the experience. Good set pieces, good effects, good acting. It felt like Mission Impossible, granted there were some corny moments, but the movie even pokes fun at itself for one.
  16. Dec 28, 2011
    Disappointing. After reading the critic reviews for this film I expected something much more coherent from a action-spy-movie point of view. This film is totally predictable, the acting is dull, the plot seems taken from Goldeneye or another crazy-terrorist-going-after-nuclear-disaster movie from the 1980s. I don't give this film a negative score only because of great scenes at Burj Khalifa.
  17. Dec 22, 2011
    The fourth installment of Mission: Impossible was very good as I've been expected even better. They have very good actors in the role. Tom Cruise returns as Ethan Hunt and what can I say? It's Tom Cruise and he got limits to be as a hardcore spy and he can do anything to be more extreme awesome. Simon Pegg was the only one playing as a technician and he can play as a serious role and he has good funny moments once for a while. Paula Patton did beautifully good and Jeremy Renner did good too. The action scenes are great and I admire for the new director that he has good talents for making this fourth movie. Brad Bird did very well for the direction since he did in his animated films like The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille, but to be fair he did his first time in the live action movie and I wish he can do more for the sequels or new way. The scenes are spectacular! I really like when Cruise climbs on the famous tower and Cruise can kick more stuff that he did even more. But after all, this movie was action pack at its best and its more better than the two mission impossible films including the third one was pretty good and I like it. So see this clever movie and Cruise is back for his entire career! Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2011
    This movie was one of the best movies I've seen in 2011. It had a lot of action, politics and interesting use of gadgets. This movie was well worth the time and experience. I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise but he should take more roles with a Russian costume - it fits perfectly.
  19. Dec 23, 2011
    I'm pretty critical about suspending disbelief but it all depends on my expectations going in. Heck impossible is part of the title. I enjoyed it for it's "impossible-ness" so I was swept up by it and just took the ride. I appreciated the attempt to show "murphy" and his law is still in effect even in the physics defying super human spy world. The attempts at humour were pretty flat, and as much as I like Simon Pegg he really was too out of place for this type of flick. Spend your cash and enjoy it. Expand
  20. Dec 22, 2011
    Release all sense of logic, just sit back and enjoy all the over the top action sequences. There isn't a dull moment in this edge-of-your-seat thriller. All the high tech gadgets are fun and probably the closest nod to the original TV show. The best was the screen of illusion in a hallway in the Kremlin, which is also the quietest scene in the movie. Never a dull moment in this well made thriller. Creative and fun and the cast seems to be having a good time as there is good chemistry in this gang of four. You can talk with your friends afterwards for a good half hour at all the preposterous illogical sequences and that's part of the fun. It's not meant to be believable, it's meant to be a good time at the theater. Expand
  21. Dec 24, 2011
    If you have seen any of the first three, then you have seen this instalment already. Tom is redoing the same film again and again. Someone please make him stop!
  22. Dec 22, 2011
    JollyG87 pretty much summed it up for me. Great action sequences. Very clever and nicely filmed. Hats off to Brad Bird, the director. Tom Cruise did great kicking butt. LIke the supporting cast too.
  23. Dec 24, 2011
    Brad Bird takes a new level. Much pumping-action scene, good storyline. It works for big-budget popcorn entertainment. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is the best on franchise to date.
  24. Dec 20, 2011
    The best action movie of the year, and easily one of the best of all time. Brad Bird's first live action movie is exciting set-piece after set-piece and the kinetic energy never lets up. Tom Cruise is as good as ever and Simon Pegg brings a pitch perfect comedic presence. Jeremy Renner is also fantastic. The action scenes alone are worth the price of a ticket, but nearly every other element works from performances to writing to music. The only thing this movie is missing is a really awesome villain. Otherwise, there is little to detract from an unbelievably exciting movie. Expand
  25. Dec 21, 2011
    An incredible action flick, on par with Casino Royale- which is just about as good as they get. There isn't a dull moment in the entire movie, no mean feat considering its lengthy running time. Cruise, Pegg, Renner, and Patton all turn in thrilling performances, laced with just enough comedic relief from Pegg to keep things fresh. The stunning set pieces- which I won't spoil for you- hit you one by one, and none disappoint. The much talked about Dubai tower scaling scene (not a spoiler, it's in the trailer) is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in cinema, and will have your heart palpitating the second Cruise steps out into nothingness. The only critique I can offer up is Ethan Hunt's apparent invulnerability to injury; there are several time in this film where the man's head flat out collides with walls, metal bars, and windshields without yielding a single bruise or drop of blood. But hey- I can't complain. It is called Mission IMPOSSIBLE, after all. Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2011
    Didn't regret seeing this movie. I've got my complaints, of course. Mysterious analyst Brandt's (Jeremy Renner) dramatic side-story is never fully realized, the plot feels half-baked at times, and Paula Patton's acting is lackluster. Also, one can't help but wonder how an aging physicist can keep up with a young special agent physically. Still though, this being an action movie, it fails or succeeds based on the merit of said action sequences and they deliver in spades. From a chase scene in the middle of a sandstorm to a fight in an automotive production facility, the viewer gets the sense that the filmmakers made a serious effort to innovate. Rather than seeking to impress the viewer based on the quantity of explosions on the screen at any given moment (like this year's godawful Transformers movie), they instead do so by building tension and maintaining a bizzarre sense of plausibility. There are other good things about this movie, like the colorful locales and effective comic relief, but those elements live to serve the effective action sequences. If you'd like to shut your brain off for an hour and a half and enjoy some of the best original action sequences produced in years, then this film would be a solid investment. If you take yourself too seriously, maybe watch something else. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2011
    A good movie with great stunts. In fact, I watched the movie twice in 4 days in 2 of the 4 cities it was shot in (Dubai and Mumbai) :)

As with every other Mission Impossible movie, the action is great! I like the fact that the action videography was good. The scenes with the Burj Khalifa and the Kremlin are great. Loved the movie!
  28. Dec 22, 2011
    The best thing about this Mission: Impossible film is that this one has pretty much everything in it. As I was getting my ticket at the box office at the theatre, the attendant told me that this film had better gadgets than the James Bond films. Not only was that true, but the storyline and the action in the film was great. I loved also that there was a scenario of the risk of a nuclear conflict between the U.S. and Russia. What would happen if someone had access to the launch codes of nuclear weapons for the U.S. or Russia? Won't give too much away, but it all starts off with the bombing of the Kremlin. The IMF(Impossible Missions Force), has been shut down and the President has invoked Ghost Protocol. Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton team up with Tom Cruise on what is possibly the best Mission: Impossible movie yet. For those of you out there who think any James Bond movie holds the market on spy films, you might want to rethink that, because after seeing this one, no matter what James Bond film comes out, this one is truly a classic. I am even thinking of going to see it again, maybe next time going to see it on IMAX. Ving Rhames, Tom Wilkinson and Josh Holloway have small roles in this as well. This one will make you want to go see it again. Those who do not think this was a good film, really need to check for a pulse. This one is probably the best action film I have seen in recent years. Expand
  29. Dec 24, 2011
    The plot is lack-luster, though with a couple nice twists that lend it some creativity, but the action is some of the greatest action of any movie. The action sequences are completely unrealistic, yet so well-done, thrilling, and, to be honest, totally awesome that the plot doesn't need to be good. From the very first scene, Brad Bird grips you tight and doesn't let go until the credits start to roll. Just as James Cameron's Avatar was the new standard for top-notch special effects, Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is the new standard for top-notch action. It was well worth the 12 dollars to see it and watching it was a truly enjoyable thrill ride. Expand
  30. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "I think Ghost Protocol is the best Mission Impossible of the lot." That quote there proves it: It's a film for Mission Impossible fans. That doesn't mean its a good film. The whole move was pretty absurd, and took itself way too seriously. The one man army ruled the day, and of course we just had to have a cat fight thrown in there somehow. Do they know we aren't in the Cold-War anymore? All the cliches are there: ritzy party scene with sexual seduction, the playboy, car chases, Russian antagonist (at the start at least), urban black man doing the fist bump (this scene proves just how "cool" Ethan Hunt is) and absurd gadgets. It seems James Bond learned to grow up with "Casino Royale" and "Solace". One of the trailers before the film was for a new "GI JOE," the target audience must have been teenage boys then. Expand
  31. Dec 22, 2011
    OMG! This is a great movie! I thought I liked the other MI's but this takes the cake! I am so happy he made it. Is there anyone like Tom Cruise? No! There is not. The tower hotel in Dubai scene took my breath away more than once. Love it!
  32. Dec 28, 2011
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is a good movie, nothing that will make you amazed. The story is ok, i am sure that we all have already seen better mission impossible movies, but this one will not disappoint you. Action is a continuous thing, Tom Cruise keeps on doing a great job and make things that certainly will make you lose your breath. Humor is also present in the movie, jokes will appear a lot and in most of them, you will probably, at least, smile. Good film, I recommend you all to watch. Expand
  33. Feb 12, 2012
    The only thing true about this movie is the word "Impossible" in it's title.
  34. Dec 27, 2011
    A good action movie of 2011 that contain more dangerous stunts and cutscenes. Although similar to The Incredibles from the same director, the action in MI4 is almost really look like it, but the plotting is a little bit confusing.
  35. Dec 29, 2011
    A very entertaining film, and great storyline. Good surprises, sounds are awesome (like hitting impacts etc.) and so is everything else in the film. I highly recommend everyone sees this
  36. Dec 21, 2011
    This movie has a solid first hour then vaporizes before you. I can't believe that a decade after Austin Powers, nuclear launch threats is still a viable plot cornerstone. And for every cool gadgety espionage scene in the first hour we get a kick gun out of hand-fist fight-chase-repeat in the second hour.
  37. Dec 26, 2011
    There is nothing new or great about this film. The plot was paper thin and one layered. There was no element of human drama except the secret that Renner was keeping but that was immaterial to the story as far as I was concerned. Tom did his usual widow acrobat act of which I am getting really tired of. This movie seemed to be on a shoe string budget. The nuclear warhead bouncing off the building was the height of amateur hour. The serieres either need to be retooled or retired. Expand
  38. Dec 28, 2011
    This one has everything that we expect from the series: taut action, cool gadgets, exotic locales and elaborate operations. Tom Cruise and his trimmed-down team has to run outside the system to stop a nuclear terrorist, but not before some tense and exciting sequences (especially the amazing climb outside the Burj Khalifa in Dubai). Simon Pegg adds just the right dash of humor, but it's director Brad Bird's ability to keep the accelerator to the floor that makes this film well-paced, non-stop fun. Expand
  39. May 10, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is an above average 007 ripoff, albeit one from the Pierce Brosnin era. As such, Ghost Protocol has a bunch of fun action scenes but not much in the way of depth. Probably goes well with a nice bag of popcorn and a cold soda.
  40. Jan 2, 2012
    I will make this short and sweet. Enough action for 2 or more films here! Paula Patton is gorgeous to look at and holds her own well with nearly an all-male cast. The other scenery is very worthy too! Tom Cruise acquits himself well as do his acting supports. Well directed! In short, highly recommended!
  41. May 8, 2012
    Ghost Protocol delivers the goods for the Mission Impossible series. MI3 didn't get the credit it was worthy off but MI4 certainly seems to have reignited interest in the franchise. The film is outrageous fun with some incredibly surreal yet exquisite action sequences that are easily on par with Casino Royale, yes that good. The plot up's the ante in terms of the 'impossibility' factor. Ethan Hunt is assigned to lead fellow agents Benji (The awesome Simon Pegg) and Jane Carter (Paula Patton) to infiltrate the Kremlin in Moscow to locate files identifying 'Cobalt' (Michael Nyqvist) who is a Russian consultant aiming to detonate a Nuclear bomb. However, during the mission someone broadcasts across Hunt and co's frequency alerting the Russian's of Ethan and his team which leads to a frantic escape and a bomb detonating in the Kremlin leaving the IMF seemingly responsible for the attack. As a result the Russians believe the act to be an undeclared one of war resulting in the US government initiating Ghost Protocol. Jeremy Renner comes aboard as William Brandt and assists the IMF as they try to stop 'Cobalt' from starting a nuclear war. Straightforward stuff right? Certainly compared to MI3! But the plot is secondary yet it works because the action sequences are handled expertly by Brad Bird. From Ethan climbing Burj Khalifa - the highest building in the world to a car chase amidst a sandstorm they really have gone all out! The new characters introduced are relatively appealing however, personally, Simon Pegg once more is in fantastic form as Benji and really merits all the accolades and plaudits he has been credited with as he is awesome! Paula Patton was a good inclusion as the sexy yet deadly Jane Carter and Jeremy Renner was a decent alternative at times from Cruise although i don't think he is quite ready, if he ever will be, to take the reigns from our Tom just yet. The length of the film is perfectly appropriate aswell it's not as long as MI3 but is timed greatly thus time round. Ghost Protocol is a fine installment in the Mission Impossible franchise. It's an adrenaline filled funfest as a spectacle that delivers some of the the best action in recent memory and definetly takes the franchise to new heights, Brad Bird has handled everything superbly well and one suspects Tom Cruise might be back sooner than we anticpated for a fifth outing! Expand
  42. Dec 16, 2011
    The fourth chapter in the phenomenally popular Mission Impossible series has arrived in theaters and jump starts the franchise with a dynamic ensemble cast and a bold mix of action and adventure with a touch of comedy thrown in. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol opens with a daring escape from a Russian prison followed shortly thereafter by an infiltration of the Kremlin and subsequent explosion on the famed Russian landmark. Tom Cruise returns as agent Ethan Hunt and is joined by Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, and Paula Patton. Shortly after the explosion at the Kremlin, tensions between the United States and Russia are at an all-time high. As a result, the president initiates Ghost Protocol, which effectively shuts down the Impossible Mission Force and eliminates many of their resources. As a result, Ethan and his team must take on an unsanctioned mission that will take them from Russia to Dubai to Mumbai in a race against time to not only clear the IMF from being blamed for the bombing, but to stop a deranged criminal from using stolen Russian launch codes to unleash a nuclear strike upon America. Ethan and his team bring all manner of weapons and technology to bear against the enemy and while the action sequences are intense and the best in the series to date, they donâ Expand
  43. Dec 21, 2011
    Mission Impossible â
  44. Dec 29, 2011
    Awesome, awesome movie, the technology used in the movie was appreciated by most likely everyone in the theater. The story wasn't A++ but it was still a good and intricate one. I spotted a few goofs throughout the film but it didn't drag me down from the great action scenes and the beautiful Agent Jane, (Paula Patton). Overall this movie was a funny, awesome, and a good fan service for long time fans of the Mission Impossible series. Expand
  45. Jul 16, 2012
    It's only a matter of time before people change their minds, me being one of them. It's understandable that this film was good, but it just felt like a repeat. Mission Impossible is always about undertaking missions and solving them with technology. I've seen other films that have more soul than this. At least characters like Simon Pegg were there to provide comic relief otherwise I don't think I would have laughed at all in the cinema. Tom Cruise doesn't have to be the all-singing all dancing character taking part in things where he has to do something amazing every 5 minutes. And spy films - what, is this supposed to be, everything made of electronics and gadgets freaking everywhere? We cannot act like these types of films don't have souls, because they do. This one didn't pull it off. Expand
  46. Dec 20, 2011
    With the new Brad Bird film features a good story-line to revive the series, good acting and music. So you might say, "what could possibly go wrong with this Mission Impossible film?" Well they screwed one thing, and that's the Outdated CGI. The film's CGI wasn't to impressing considering the fact that it's in IMAX, actually it kinda looks recycled from James Cameron's "Sanctum" if you ask me. But hey, it's just the graphics the whole film is still great, it's worth your time and money. For those who haven't seen it yet go see it in 2D, the 3D version isn't worth it, Trust me. Expand
  47. Dec 29, 2011
    To the low-scorers...lighten up. This movie isn't meant to win an Oscar; it's meant to captivate an audience with great action scenes and this movie succeeded handily. I had a blast watching this movie --and I guarantee you will too.
  48. Dec 29, 2011
    My favorite of the series, definitely much, much better than 2 or 3. Nice to have the strong supporting cast of Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton along for the ride. Brad Bird is hugely successful with his first live action movie, the action is engrossing, the plot is tense (if somewhat predictable and overused, but really how many different things can spies save the world from?) and the humor is well distributed throughout. Expand
  49. Dec 27, 2011
    Ghost Protocol's rapid pacing keeps it from hardly getting dull. the movie is well made, with some truly jew-dropping action seances like the tower climb. Yes, it's not the finest movie ever, but it's just so much fun to watch. it's charmingly simple but at the same time amazingly entertaining. there is a cool balance between story, action and comedy that keeps it from being boring . Ghost Protocol is simply a blast Expand
  50. Dec 18, 2011
    I liked Mission Impossible: GP, but it isn't really a good film. Tom Cruise works very hard to make this film energetic, exciting and take the audience to exciting places - Budapest, Moscow, Bombay and Dubai. He even hired Pixar and Animation hero Brad Bird, who mounts a good looking movie that leans in segments closer to Brian DePalma's 1996 blockbuster, which works really well. The IMAX action sequences and Tom Cruise's physicality and willingness to do whatever it takes to regain AAA status in Hollywood delivers an earnest entertainment. It doesn't have an overly suspenseful climax, but the JJ Abrams emotional ending got me, and put some needed depth into the latest Ethan Hunt outing. Expand
  51. Dec 17, 2011
    Best Christmas present this year! The bar is set high for this year's hoilday films with this action packed adventure. Tom Cruise and the supporting cast were excellent. Dont miss this!
  52. Dec 18, 2011
    I think the pace of the movie was well done. The action from beginning to end made it enjoyable, it was a bit of a rollercoaster on the "intensity" of the action. The scenery, the fight scenes, the nature/technological obstacles just make the movie come together. You get a nice 'throwback' to some events from Mi3 which was a nice touch, and they even leave it open for a 5th installment, which if it was the same team as this I would definitely go see! To those that haven't seen it, there were NO extra scenes at the end. Expand
  53. Dec 25, 2011
    They took the 'impossible' to heart this time. The stunts were completely over the top. The first half of the movie was watchable, but it got insanely idiotic. Some of the scenes were just so inconceivable they were insulting. You should really be ashamed to call this a good movie.
  54. Dec 27, 2011
    Ghost Protocol breaks the physics laws and becomes really IMPOSSIBLE. But the action makes the movie something more than expensive and that makes the difference. This movie doesn't need a history between all of it, the ACTION do everything, even with a lot of lies in the physics laws.
  55. Dec 28, 2011
    I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I've never seen any of the others (>.< I know, I know...), and while this film didn't have much of the character development and deep thinking questions that I normally demand from movies, the fact that this movie was very well-crafted definitely made up for it. It was humorous, had some sweet action sequences, some cool tension (based off the whole "we are so not prepared for anything we're doing right now but we don't have a choice sooooo... let's wing it!" thing), and... dude... there's this one car... sooooooooooo freaking sexy... XD but yeah, while you won't leave contemplating the meaning of life or a man's moral descent as he gets more and more involved in selling blue meth ( Expand
  56. Dec 28, 2011
    Detailed enough storyline to keep you interested with the great action to make you jump in your seat. The characters had good depth and characteristics- especially with their creativity and perserverance to survive and "beat the baddies".
  57. Dec 29, 2011
    Best action movie of the year! An easy 9 of 10. Go see it at the IMAX, it's worth it! Very nicely done, every single part of the movie stays on track and really comes together at the end. I loved the simultaneous action sequences in this movie. Perfectly done. MI: Ghost Protocol is not a cheesy one-liner action movie full of wisecracks. I also loved that they don't shake up the camera to "create action" like less talented directors have resorted to in a couple of action movies lately. (That's just annoying.) Cruise and company are rockin' in this one. This is an excellent sequel and it has just enough of the taste from the previous MI movie that keeps things tied together, just like you want in a good sequel, imho. Too many likes that would be spoilers for me to explain, so go see it! My wife really enjoyed it and she very rarely likes action movies. Expand
  58. Dec 31, 2011
    I went to this movie only because it was my partners turn to pick on our movie night. It seemed to me that the whole movie was about Tom Cruise trying to be the coolest, cleverest, smartest, person in the world...I found it obnoxious. The leading lady was gorgeous but was such a poor actress. It's a silly "boy" movie suited for teens & maybe frustrated husbands needing an escape.
  59. Jan 2, 2012
    Absolutly terrible. Unoriginal plot, the movie seemed like something i''ve seen hundreds of times before but i really havn't. Tom Cruise is a Wanna be James Bond, and some super cheesy humor killed any intensity there might have been in the scene. Special effects was the only thing going for this movie and if your going to the movies for that, then go on, but if your looking for a real story, some good acting, good dialogue or intense thriller id recommend you not going to waste your 13 dollars on this lame movie, im still beating myself up for wasting my money on it. It's a shame that this movie is getting a 7.8, what has happened to peoples taste in movies? I want everyone who gave this movie a positive review, to rewatch it and check out a real action movie like Die hard or an older James Bond, then tell me what you think. Expand
  60. Feb 8, 2012
    I finally saw this movie for this simple fact that critics and users alike had nothing but positive things to say. I should have gone with my gut, and passed on this movie. Mission Impossible is god-awful. I didn't expect anything from the story, and the fact that everything in the story was confusing and ridiculously stupid wasn't that big of a deal for me. I could handle that, but what I'm shocked at his how dull every action scene is in this movie. Great CGI or effects don't make up for the fact that none of these action scenes were so boring. There was little to no thrill in all of them. The closest I came to being thrilled was the scene where Tom Cruise scales the outside of the massive skyscraper (cliche anyway). I have never been more confused by the praise for a movie as I was for this piece of crap. I didn't care at all about any of the paper mache characters, or the plot, and the action was so overrated. For me, watching this movie was damn near impossible. Expand
  61. Feb 16, 2012
    it was so exciting that i could not take my eyes off it while watching. Action scenes made my heart pounding. i like it. Moreover,the end of the movie was also awesome. you should go to a theater right now! i hope you dont miss it.
  62. May 5, 2012
    Having seen all four of the "Mission Impossible" movies, I see no rhyme or reason to the ratings of each, when compared to one another. Each has something different as well as much of the same. That's why we go to see them, certainly why I did. None of the sequels had the depth of the first, plot wise. The second had a musical theme revamped and all around great soundtrack (best), which the following two failed to reuse; the effect of the soundtrack was never so well tailored. The second also started a trend that was unmistakable in all three sequels, the acrophobes know it all too well; Cruise hanging from an overhanging escarpment in The Grand Canyon(just to relax-oh yeah) and jumping from a helicopter into the air shaft of a high rise (II), pendulum swinging from one high-rise to another in Shanghai (III), face climbing the world's tallest building with a sand storm coming towards the building (IV).

The fourth mission, the one which garnered the highest ratings (various sites) was as good as the ones before, but, in my opinion, lacked the depth of the original, plot wise, lacked the impact of the best soundtrack, but did capture all the thrill and the action the previous ones had; being mildly acrophobic, I found myself trying to catch my breath and closing my eyes for a few seconds, just long enough to muster the strength to resume watching the action.

I may not agree with the critics and other reviewers as to how well this sequel matches up with the others, but I can say with some certitude that if you liked any of the previous ones, you should like this one.
  63. Nov 7, 2012
    No matter how well done they are, spy movies with neat gadgets have never been enough to entertain me. The film has wooden characters and lazy dialogue. I am not entertained, but perhaps you will be. This is the kind of film that will be perceived differently depending on what the viewer is looking for.
  64. Jan 10, 2012
    wow. this is was definitly better than i thought it was going to be. i was so suprized. the efects were great and a must see on the big screen. Tom cruize really out did him self. My wife liked it and we have recomended the movie to our friends.
  65. Dec 29, 2011
    Bottom line: The mission may not be engaging, but the presentation, the action scenes and some fine performances with a thrilling and breathtaking screenplay will surely attract the MI fans. For others, it is another well crafted 120 minutes entertaining movie. What it lacked? It slightly missed to make a plot setting it to be impossible. I give A
  66. Dec 23, 2012
    A film that takes the audience from Budapest to Moscow to Dubai to India and maybe a few other international destinations in-between! There is some spectacular looking stunt work and some cracking effects; hats off to those guys! All the performances were very good with Tom Cruise playing Ethan Hunt with his usual aplomb. It was nice to see a little comic relief provided by the inclusion of Simon Pegg; the comedic two-and-fro between him and Jeremy Renner was particularly amusing. Maybe the plot might have been a little over-complicated, but over all I found it a pretty enjoyable watch.

SteelMonster
  67. Apr 16, 2012
    There's more creativity and class with Ghost Protocol than previous MI films. What really impressed is the cast list for such an action-focused film. But what people really want to see is insanity, and I think it's easy to say that the scaling of a skyskraper in Dubai with an closing sand storm on the horizon qualifies as insanity. Ghost Protocol is totally fun and continues the sound foundation MI3 laid out, even if the superb Phillip Seymour Hoffman isn't the main bad guy this time around. Expand
  68. Jan 7, 2012
    MI4 was easily the best action movie of 2011 for me. This is the kind of movie where you can't imagine someone walking out of the theater unsatisfied. The MI group is enjoyable and all of them are great actors who each have their moments. Brad Bird proves he can direct live-action just as well as animation. The scene in Dubai is worth the price of admission alone.
  69. Jan 7, 2012
    Tom Cruise does the MI franchise proud with this latest installment. Just when you think Hollywood can't outdo itself, along comes a movie like this that reminds you why you drive down to the local cineplex, fight the parking wars, stand in line for a ticket, pay ungodly sums of money at the concession stand and fume over the idiot in front of you that is texting during the entire movie. You do it because you love to be entertained and transported somewhere else for a couple of hours. MI:4 does this. If you are an action fan, this movie is right up your alley. If you're looking for a reasonably-well constructed plot, you're in for a treat. No, this movie will never be a classic, but it certainly rides like one. Go. Have a good time. Make sure your popcorn is piping hot while you're at it! Expand
  70. Apr 15, 2012
    I have that feeling that I've seen this movie a million times before. It's pure crap, and it's boring as hell. It's impossible for me to like this film. Just skip it.
  71. May 13, 2012
    The best MI movie yet. and one of the best action spy movie. I do not like the MI movies but this one is a must see. I don't eben like action movies a lot but this one is a must see. They did a fabulous job with picking the cast. Good directing along with plot.
  72. Dec 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie was set up so well to be great, however how many times can viewers be lead to believe that the current task at hand is SO critical to stopping the bad guy, failing and then having a back up which goes through the same process of being highly critical and must be accomplished or the world will end.

The plot is the only real thing dragging the movie down, the cast, the action, the gadgets was rather good as expected from a MI movie.
  73. Dec 28, 2011
    Easily the best movie of the franchise so far. It's an easy to watch, predictable, but ridiculously fun and, really, who doesn't like a good spy flick. Some parts borderline on ridiculous, but it has a decent story line and breathtaking action sequences. This movie will satisfy both serious movie viewers and the weekend theater goers. Nothing amazing, but just plain good.
  74. Jan 3, 2012
    A good if not great Mission: Impossible. I really wanted to see this as I have loved the director Brad Birds work in animation such as The Iron Giant and Ratatouille. While it is not as good as those movies and difficult to compare I still enjoyed it. Great action set pieces for sure and enough of a story to keep me entertained.
  75. May 15, 2012
    Light the fuse! Ethan Hunt was the one who ignited the fuse. What I remember most from Ethan Hunt character is that he was the man who killed Jim Phelps! Yes, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (1966-1973) was a successful intelligent TV show, Jim Phelps (originally played by Peter Graves) was the leader of thiz highly sophisticated covert team, his charismatic presence had already become a trademark for thiz franchise. Then suddenly, in 1996, Tom Cruise who coming from nowhere, bought thiz franchise and killed Jim Phelps and replaced it with himself as the invincible super whiz named Ethan hunt. At that time, I was very mad and I thought all the fans would do the same. But now, after three previous movies MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (1996), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE II (2000), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III (2006), including thiz last one, they seem to gradually transform thiz franchise to be a pure action movie, even though still with ultra-cool high tech gadgets. Not just the attractive gadgets, but also high-octane adrenaline stunts, just like thiz time Tom Cruise attempts to climb the world tallest building ever made so far, Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I heard that most of the dangerous stunts were done by Cruise himself. Thiz time, Ethan Hunt forms a smaller team comprising sexy, seductive and extremely lethal Jane Carter (Paula Patton), humorous computer genius Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) and the mysterious co-agent William Brandt (Jeremy Renner). Its mission is to retrieve the nuclear launch codes before it gets into the wrong hands of international terrorists. In the process, instead, they are accused of masterminding the Kremlin bombing. Now the IMF is disavowed and they are forced to invoke Ghost Protocol, which means they are all alone with the limited resources they have. The Director is Brad Bird who is most renowned as one of the fathers of Pixar animation studios. Thiz is his first live-action movie after successful animations like THE INCREDIBLES (2004) and RATATOUILLE (2007). By the way, in 2012, Brad Bird other colleague Andrew Stanton also will be directing another live-action movie entitled JOHN CARTER. Coincidence? Maybe. I have to admit that thiz movie has consistent paces since the first minute. I note that Tom Cruise repeats at least three specific actions that he has done in previous movies. The first is running from an explosion behind him, the second is climbing the iconic skyscrapers and the last one is taking cover when he is almost crushed by a car! Although it was a kind of repetition, but oh yeah we still enjoy so much.As time goes by, it seems to be MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE has transformed into pure action movie! The only thing left now is its famous instrumental theme song, or maybe the latex face mask, you must know what I mean. Other than that, thiz movie has always been Tom Cruise playground. Personally, I am just OK with that, as long as thiz franchise can maintain its winning formula which is non-stop explosive action scenes. That is all from me. Thiz review will self-destruct in five seconds. Goodluck, Ethan. Visit My Blog on JONNY MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com Expand
  76. Jan 26, 2012
    Great action movie. Starts off with a lot of energy and never lets up. Can't complain about any of the performances; everybody fits in very nicely. Simon Pegg provides excellent comic relief, while Tom Cruise continues to play the role of Ethan Hunt well. The story is pretty thin. It's all about the action, but it flows very well. I was entertained from start to finish.
  77. Dec 29, 2011
    It is rare in the Mission: Impossible franchise for Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) to be assigned an agency tasked mission and enjoy support both from his home office and regular team members who he has worked with in the past. In fact, this has only happened once, in Mission: Impossible II. In the other three films, including the latest, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Ethan and/or the entire IMF are accused of disloyalty, treason, and rogue operations while try attempt to thwart global villains. Taking down the bad guy is always much harder while being pursued by your own government. In the first and third films, Ethan was personally labeled a traitor, now, the entire IMF organization are disavowed because both the American and Russian governments are going to blame them for blowing up the Kremlin. How is that for having the backing of your boss?

The man responsible for blowing up the Kremlin and framing the IMF is also the franchise
  78. Jun 4, 2012
    Good enough to watch once, maybe twice. Acting wasn't that great, except for Cruise. Good movie. Enough action and kept going well throughout. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah
  79. Jan 14, 2012
    Good fun, great action... Hey, it's Mission Impossible, not the Joy Luck Club. Think it's too shallow? Check out Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon or Battle Los Angeles and get back to me.
  80. Jan 20, 2012
    Like all of the Mission Impossible, this is a wild thrill ride with humour that very much entertains. That being said, the film doesn't seem as tight as the others and one is left feeling that they're being taken from one choreographed action spectacle to the next without much care for the story. As well, the opening credits, for some god-forsaken reason show every scene in the movie in quick succession. All in all, it's an entertaining film, Tom Cruise gives it his all and its worth the price of admission for the Dubai Tower scene alone. But it's not as great as it could have been. Still better than the third. Expand
  81. Feb 7, 2012
    Nice movie. A thrilling ride through the world of Ethan hunt. The stunts, locations and plot are so engaging that they compel a person to literally sit on his/her seat's edge. The big picture style and the amazing music encourage the audience to keep asking "what's next?". The execution is very realistic. A traditional espionage movie with 21 st century gadgets and the grandest locations! A must watch movie! Collapse
  82. Dec 26, 2011
    This was an amazing movie. The action sequences were jaw dropping- literally at some points, the fights were great , the plot was great, the acting was great. No scenes felt boring or underdone, and the overall style of the movie was just... great.
  83. Jul 22, 2013
    When the IMF is implicated in an attack on the Kremlin Ethan Hunt and his team are forced to go rouge in order to clear their name and prevent nuclear war.

As with most big-budget blockbusters there are a few things that don’t really add up if you think about them too much but it is easy to forgive any plot holes in a movie that is so entertaining. The Mission Impossible franchise is of
    course famous for its plethora of outrageous gadgets and they are put to use here to create some fantastic set pieces, including the much talked about scene in which Hunt scales the Burj Khalifa in Dubai using only a pair of prototype adhesive gloves. Refreshingly CGI free it is a rare joy to behold such impressive stunt work.

The chemistry between the small team, on whom much of the movie focuses, is also very good. Benji (Simon Pegg) is given more screen time providing genuine comic relief and the addition of Brandt (Jeremy Renner) as a more down to earth, but equally effective, agent adds a further dimension to proceedings.

All in all Ghost Protocol is an excellent addition to the series and proof that there is still plenty of life left in Mission Impossible yet.
  84. May 16, 2012
    giving it a 5 out of 10 for cool technology. Cgi was bad and the story had me yawning and playing games on my cellphone for about 60% of the movie. My girlfriend was equally bored.
  85. Jan 22, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is the slickest, most entertaining and clever action flick since The Bourne Ultimatum. An action movie really has no right to be such a rounded and well-developed viewing experience, and Brad Bird completely embraces his newfound freedom as a live-action director, and has created an honest-to-goodness balls-out thrill ride. The action is superb - the key set-pieces completely eclipsing everything in the series thus-far. They're not just flawlessly executed either - they're completely original. Who'd have thought we'd see Ethan Hunt fighting his way single-handedly out of a rioting Russian prison accompanied by Dean Martin on loudspeaker? Or scaling the outside of the world's tallest building in Dubai with only the use of some high-tech sticky gloves? Or chasing his target through a ferocious sandstorm? Or in a fantastically brutal final brawl in a car factory? You just don't see scenes like this in everyday action films. It's not all about the action, either. The film has the best cast of the series (Tom Cruise has rarely been better, and both Simon Pegg and franchise newcomer Jeremy Renner impress), and the script is rather good as well (it's nicely self-aware, playfully deconstructing a few of the more ropey trademarks of the series, and pleasingly, writers Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum know just when to play dialogue completely straight and when to inject a bit of humour into the situation). The most concrete aspect of the film though, is the story. It's rather simple for a Mission: Impossible film, but it's done extremely well. Sometimes less really is more (except where action is concerned, as mentioned above). Quite simply, it puts the rest of the series to shame. Expand
  86. Jan 2, 2012
    The cast was well acted in the film. I particularly praise Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner for adding their own memorable atmosphere into the mix. The action sequence are also great and the suspense created during the dubai scene is phenomenal. My only problem with this film is the main villain. He isn't explained all that well I feel he could have been more defined from better writing. But to say the least Mission Impossible -Ghost Protocol is probably the best action flick I've seen this year Expand
  87. Jan 8, 2012
    This was an excellent movie all around. The action was genius, haven't seen this good of action sequences in a long time. Brad Bird did a masterful job with this film. Tom Cruise knocks it out of the park again with another great pulse-pounding mission. Jeremy Renner is my favorite actor out there and he did a very good job all around in this movie. He has great promise and a very bright future ahead of him. This movie was plain genius all around. The acting to the visuals, to the action, and of course the highly entertaining story/ plot. The only reason why i give it a 9 and not a 10 is some of the action sequences were very unbelievable, won't go into detail because I don't want to give anything away, but obviously thats expected from a movie like this, but overall, I loved this movie. This is a must-see film. If you like to watch a masterpiece, then go see this now. 9.5/10 Expand
  88. Apr 29, 2012
    This should have been called 'Chuck' the movie. It's the funny humor of spy films passed, mixed with popcorn candy action that really makes this film stand out. I now want to go back and watch the first three. I just wish the first three were as good as this action masterpiece.
  89. Jan 1, 2012
    Wow! This movie is great! It has great acting and action, with a good plot. It also has great special effects and stunts. You don't have to watch the other three MI's to understand the plot, which I love because it's so hard to find sequels on DVD or Netflix. I highly recommend this movie to everyone, especially action-seekers.
  90. Jan 2, 2012
    Mission Impossible 4 was a movie that did not need to be made but does manage to be fun enough for a watch and has some scenes that bring some thrills. The supporting cast take on bigger rolls in the story which is a good choice as Tom Cruses does not come across as obnoxious as he did previously. There's a suspenseful scene in Dubai Tower I found to be entertaining and makes the movie worth watching. Not the greatest movie but you could do a lot worst. Expand
  91. Jan 23, 2012
    "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" Se trata fácilmente de la mejor de la franquicia. Brad Bird ha sabido muy bien encaminar la cuarta parte de la saga aunque con cierta suspicacia y en momento el guion se tensa mucho como para permitirnos saborear, lo forzado del mismo, pese a esto y tratarse de la primera película en Live Action de Brad Bird el resultado es verdaderamente fascinante, acción y aventura, cumple lo que promete, y bien puede hacerse llamar como la mejor película de acción del 2011. Expand
  92. CRL
    Jan 16, 2012
    This is an action movie, and as an action movie it does not disappoint. From the almost-adrenaline inducing scenes in Dubai to the parts inside the supercomputer in Mumbai, the action is nonstop and pure entertainment. Good acting, though there's really nothing really to be said about the characters, but if you came to see MI4 for the characters you need to be checked. Good writing for an action movie. Great cinematography. Even the 2 hour running time didn't seem too long. All in all, Ghost Protocol is a fun ride. Expand
  93. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, I watched it for a few reasons. The guy from Lost was in it. Jeremy Renner and that awesome trailer I saw in the theater, plus it had been a long time since I had seen a MI film, even though I wasn't a huge fan to begin with. Let me say the good things about MIGP. The action in this is very good. Obviously the highlight action scene is the Dubai scene with Tom Cruise hanging on the tallest building in the world. There were other good scenes though, like the sandstorm scene. Overall the movie is very well paced for a movie that ran, I think 2 hours even of screen time. The cinematography in this is outstanding in this as well. There was also some good use of gadgets here too. All that aside though, there are more negatives about this movie, than good things. For example, I mentioned that I loved that the guy from Lost was in this, but they end up killing him in the beginning of the movie. Overall the acting is kinda dull, I wouldn't say it's bad acting but, just not great. I also thought that they showed too much stuff in the trailer, and way too many TV spots showed the Dubai tallest building in the world scene. The character development overall is not really here for Tom Cruise. We really don't get any character progression with him in. I mean when you stamp a franchise around a guy, like Bruce Willis has done for Die Hard, you need some character progression and development. There's little to no explanation to what's happened to Tom Cruise in the beginning of the film too. Other characters get some okay back story, like Paula Patton. Jeremy Renner, is supposed to be a bit unknown in this movie, but when he finally reveals the secret it feels like wow, that's the big secret. It's not that I saw it coming or I thought that Renner didn't deliver with his acting, it just wasn't a big secret, even though the very ending was cool. The story in this is also disappointing. I mean the IMF's mission is to stop a nuclear war or bomb. It would be cool if the villain had some motivation in this movie. All you really see him doing in this movie is hold a brief case. I thought the assassin woman was way better. Overall you end up getting a story that is decent, but the Russians don't show that they are really all over these guys. For a movie that is called Mission Impossible, it doesn't seem like the stakes are all that high in the movie. Even though some of the things that they do, like the huge building that Tom Cruise climbs. I don't think you feel the desperation in the mission, because the main villain doesn't seem to be all that serious about taking action, besides using a nuclear bomb, with unclear motivations. I could go on and on about this movie, but I'll say that this movie is an excellent, action movie. I thought that Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner give good performances. The movie does a good job of throwing impossible scenarios to Ethan Hunt and his team, but the feeling of desperation, is not there enough, like it was in the previous MI movies. It was a cool kick your feet up movie though. There was some creative direction with Brad Bird at the helm, but he doesn't know how to quite direct actors. I'll give him a pass though because this is his first live action movie, he's directed. So if you haven't seen this movie, you should definitely see this, just don't expect something great. Expand
  94. Jan 21, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is a great example of awesome action-spy movie with incredible techniques. The story was good but not awesome& the way they use those techniques was freaking amazing . The Moscow part was a bit boring and that explosion could be a lot more better it they used more angles.The camera angle of that scene was not good. The end part In India started good but ended badly.And I believe If someone took a car from that high ,His legs would definitely be smashed so badly . Now come to Dubai . That was one of the best action scene i have ever seen. The sand storm scene was awesome, Building scene was also awesome. No complain to the actors..... Tom is freaking Tom ,Simon did amazing , Patton did a lot better then I expected & Jeremy did good but I expected more . Brad Bird's directing was good except for the Moscow part . Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is definitely the best action movie of 2011. Expand
  95. Jan 11, 2012
    pretty good flick when you watch it whilst eating popcorn cause its definitely one of those films - action-based, cgi, etc. etc....
    really entertaining for the average movie-goer i suspect. plus, the gadgets used in the film are pretty dope.
  96. Jan 5, 2012
    Despite the fact the ageing Mission Impossible franchise hasn't seen a truly great instalment since the 1st I had high hopes for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. So I was extremely happy to discover that it is by far the best instalment of the series, not only because director Brad Bird is fantastic at ratcheting up tension while making every action and shot seem beautiful. Bird seems to have realised everything that made the first movie great and gone from there. The introduction of new team members instead of returning to the old was a smart one as both Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton are great additions, if only because they are likeable characters (in comparison to MI3's Lawrence Fishburne and Keri Russell).
    Ghost Protocol still has the high stakes (its about global nuclear conflict) but Bird's direction never lets it overburden the film so the viewer can't have fun. The main draw is that its just fun, beginning to end. From the opening action in a eastern European jail to the fast paced, final act it delivers a joyride well worth taking. It actually makes me eager to find out where this franchise goes next.
  97. Dec 28, 2011
    Thrilling, exciting, suspenseful, and slightly comedic are just a few adjectives that I would use to describe the latest Mission Impossible film. I was expecting an action movie, not a Pulitzer prize-winning story, and I got just that, an action film. The stunts were excellent, and creative, and sustained throughout the lengthy flick. My main criticism falls on the stiffness of the entire ensemble's acting. Keanu Reeves would have actually livened things up a bit if he were in the cast! I have to believe that the fault falls squarely on the weak, plot-challenged, script and also the style of directing. Suspend your beliefs in reality and go have fun! Expand
  98. Apr 24, 2012
    So, let's just be frank, Tom Cruise freaks me out. I know I am not the only one who feels this way, ever since the man decided to dance on Oprah's sacred couch in a display of frenetic and borderline insanity. Anyway, beyond my particular feelings toward Tom Cruise, this movie is good. I would never say great, no, no, not by a long shot, but it is formidably and fantastically good at what it is trying to do. In this day and age of movies, that says a lot. Cruise's slightly deranged stare works well for him in this picture, and it doesn't hurt that he is almost solely surrounded by beautiful people. Although I have not seen any other Mission Impossibles, I enjoyed this one, and I am sure you will too. Expand
  99. Jan 10, 2012
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is awesome, the action is fast and loud, the whole thing is finely tuned thrill ride, it is awesome. The acting is very good as Tom Cruise performs admirably as Ethan Hunt and all the other characters perform well too. The plot is the same as any other action film but it is not very good, it is rather paper thin and so are the characters themselves but there is enough dazzling action to make up for that, it is still an awesome movie that you will want to see. Overall, Ghost Protocol is a great action-packed film that will not release you until the credits roll. This is an example of a fast, fun, and entertaining movie that allows it's audiences to simply enjoy the movie as an action movie should be. It is awesome. Breakdown for "Mission Impossible- Ghost Protocol": Presentation: 7.0, Plot: 6.1, Acting: 8.0, Script: .5, Lasting Appeal: 8.5, Verdict: 7.5 out of 10 "Great". Expand

The movie is wonderful, nonsensical fun.
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    The movie is sheer hurtling mechanism - the entire world in motion - and it's great silly fun. [2 Jan. 2012, p.79]
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    Dec 20, 2011
    If the M:I films are immune to the tarnish on the Cruise brand, it's precisely because their spectacle requires us to be impressed by Ethan Hunt, not to like him.