7.6

1. Nov 9, 2014
    With incredible action sequences and stellar acting all around, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol serves a landmark for action popcorn movies with wit, style and fun.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    M:I 4 - another impossible mission made possible with difficult stunts.

This is the fourth part in a series, and it keeps to the spirit of the previous movies, providing breath-taking situation, betrayals, backstabbing, unknown elements and pushing human limits to achieve victory and save humanity (your standard action movie). Tom Cruise is his usual self, as is Ethan Hunt. His team
    M:I 4 - another impossible mission made possible with difficult stunts.

Tom Cruise is his usual self, as is Ethan Hunt. His team is new (although we did see a glimpse of Ving Rhames, who played Luther in three previous movies). While Ethan's team wasn't bad, with Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner being faces I like from before, they weren't given that much background or room to grow. (Plus they totally ruined Renner's character's back-story that was driving him so hard.)

A pleasant surprise was Samuli Edelmann's performance. I always dread Finnish actors in foreign productions, but he was rather good, I must admit, speech included.

All in all the plot was good, the story moved fast, but at the same time it felt that it had been... split into pieces, making it feel less like one whole story when moving from one location to the next. I also wasn't a fan of the starting credits, which kind of showed scenes from the upcoming movie; I would have liked them to allow me to keep guessing a bit longer about where they were going to journey in the movie.

A must-see for Cruise fans and those who have enjoyed other M:I movies. Action guaranteed, and a few good laughs too, seeing as Pegg's character was there mostly for the laughs.
  3. May 25, 2014
    Ghost Protocal was a vast improvement in the Mission Impossible series since the first one back in 1996. The cast is good im sure they could have picked a better female(Paula Patton) for this role but she did well. Simon Pegg did a great job acting in this movie though they still used him for some comic relief. To be honest i was not pleased on how Jeremy Renner character was just thrownGhost Protocal was a vast improvement in the Mission Impossible series since the first one back in 1996. The cast is good im sure they could have picked a better female(Paula Patton) for this role but she did well. Simon Pegg did a great job acting in this movie though they still used him for some comic relief. To be honest i was not pleased on how Jeremy Renner character was just thrown into the movie.

Still this was a great two hour long movie with the opening scene being around ten minutes long i enjoyed it from start to finish.
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    "Ghost Protocol is ridonculous," in the words of "How I Met Your Mother" 's Ted Mosby. He's damn right, even if that is a fictional show. This movie rocked. The action scenes were exciting and exhilarating, and the plot was pretty spot on. Even the script was pretty good, with some funny jokes and realistic conversations. I also loved the gadgets and gizmos they used, whether they were"Ghost Protocol is ridonculous," in the words of "How I Met Your Mother" 's Ted Mosby. He's damn right, even if that is a fictional show. This movie rocked. The action scenes were exciting and exhilarating, and the plot was pretty spot on. Even the script was pretty good, with some funny jokes and realistic conversations. I also loved the gadgets and gizmos they used, whether they were using that screen that simulated objects behind them in the Kremlin, or those gloves Cruise wore that stick to the side of buildings. Really well-done fourth installment. If a fourth installment to a series is this good, you know the series is top notch. I really hope they make a fifth. Expand
  5. Dec 14, 2013
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    I haven't seen any of the previous "Mission: Impossible" films but I can tell you that "Ghost Protocol" is amazing. It's thrilling, breathtaking and intelligent. Tom Cruise fits perfectly well as his role here, and probably is one of his most fitting roles, if you don't count "Minority Report".
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    When the IMF is implicated in an attack on the Kremlin Ethan Hunt and his team are forced to go rouge in order to clear their name and prevent nuclear war.

As with most big-budget blockbusters there are a few things that don’t really add up if you think about them too much but it is easy to forgive any plot holes in a movie that is so entertaining. The Mission Impossible franchise is of course famous for its plethora of outrageous gadgets and they are put to use here to create some fantastic set pieces, including the much talked about scene in which Hunt scales the Burj Khalifa in Dubai using only a pair of prototype adhesive gloves. Refreshingly CGI free it is a rare joy to behold such impressive stunt work.

The chemistry between the small team, on whom much of the movie focuses, is also very good. Benji (Simon Pegg) is given more screen time providing genuine comic relief and the addition of Brandt (Jeremy Renner) as a more down to earth, but equally effective, agent adds a further dimension to proceedings.

All in all Ghost Protocol is an excellent addition to the series and proof that there is still plenty of life left in Mission Impossible yet.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol shows that the franchise is still going strong. Tom Cruise once again gives a top notch performance and Brad Bird shows a great eye for action scenes.
  9. May 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol disposes of the over-the-top mindless action sequences that burdened the previous films in the series and succeeds by injecting realistic and believable action based stunts that parallel a intriguing and well- developed story
  10. May 16, 2013
    It is amazing how the director managed to change the style of the franchise, leaving the film much funnier and violent while transformanado the plot into something more interesting complex, and once again starring Tom Cruise so good.
  11. Apr 30, 2013
    I agree 100% with weisberger. I honestly don't see how anyone likes this movie. The plot is incredibly shallow and generic, Explains pretty much nothing, and the dialogue is awful. The action scenes are poorly done and are so incredibly unrealistic that it leaves you dumb-founded. I really don't see how anyone could give this movie a position review let alone critical acclaim.
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    My first 'Mission Impossible" movie that did not at all leave me disappointing. The characters were well developed and a good amount of humor was matched with the action.
  13. Feb 9, 2013
    The best in the series. Stretches the imagination and the laws of physics at times. Had some truly epic scenes like the ones shot in Dubai, and also some that infuriated the hell out of me. The plot was typical_ chasing a one dimensional villain around the globe.
  14. Jan 14, 2013
    For re-watch value, sheer fun, entertainment, awe-inspirng special effects and excellent performances, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is flawless. Not only is it one of the best action films in previous years, but it is hard not to watch over again after finishing it.
    Tom Cruise returns for a fourth time as the adrenaline rushed IMF agent Ethan Hawke, joined again by Simon Pegg(Star Trek) as Benji, and introducing Paula Patton(Precious) as IMF agent Jane Carter and Jeremy Renner(The Hurt Locker) as a Chief analyst within the IMF.
    Right from the get-go, director Brad Bird lights the fuse, and it creates an explosive, action packed film which never ceases to amaze and entertain.
    What simply works with this movie is its fast-paced action which never gets old, one critic compared it to a "sleight of hand" action film, completely on the mark, it flawlessly incorporates action with humour, and executes visual masterpieces with ease and shoulder-shrugging envy. The scenes involving Cruise scaling the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, the tallest building to grace our earth, are easily some the greatest visually satisfying scenes of our time, not only was it jaw-dropping, but Cruise was in fact climbing it himself, without a stunt double in sight. These scenes amongst many others in the film are so unique that they are completely absurd to the point that they are too good to be believed.
    Patton excels as as the emotionally driven agent Carter, and Brit Simon Pegg is replicating his Scotty character from Star Trek, but thats not a bad thing.
    MIGP still manages to maintain its over the top scenes which we seen in previous instalments, but not only is GP better than the others by a long shot, but it tries to set out on its own and does this with ease, much like Fast Five, GP will surpass and amaze the expectations of most, simply because they brought fun and entertainment back to the table, Its a hard thing to do after three previous instalments but Brad Bird, coupled with an excellent cast, have managed to create a story driven sequel that bangs,bops and sleekly edges its way into our heart.
    For what it is, and for the amazing set pieces at work, its cunning ability to pull off its magician-like charm, Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol is a new path in the right direction and will get a perfect 10 for its flawless delivery....Mission Accomplished!
  15. Jan 5, 2013
    Ghost Protocol is probably the strongest entry in the Mission Impossible series so far. It's a fast paced, strong plot loaded with exciting action set pieces, none more so than the Burj Khalifa stunts, which look fantastic. With clever gadgets, missions, disguises and Hunt working as part of a true IMF team, Ghost Protocol stays true to the Mission Impossible mantra. Speaking of the IMFGhost Protocol is probably the strongest entry in the Mission Impossible series so far. It's a fast paced, strong plot loaded with exciting action set pieces, none more so than the Burj Khalifa stunts, which look fantastic. With clever gadgets, missions, disguises and Hunt working as part of a true IMF team, Ghost Protocol stays true to the Mission Impossible mantra. Speaking of the IMF team, Paula Patton, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg add to the film's dynamics as well as most of the film's humourous moments. Make no mistake though, Ghost Protocol is Tom Cruise's film. When Ethan Hunt is on form, and is he in Ghost Protocol, Cruise probably doesn't play a better character these days. He seems to thrive on the stunts he performs himself and the film is better for it. The film isn't without its flaws however, I didn't feel that anywhere near enough emphasis was placed on Michael Nyqvist's villain. In fact, I could barely remember him the following day! Also, for the fact that the film is based on a protocol that supposedly renders the team with no support or back-up, it didn't really seem to have any impact at all on the mission. I can't remember it really being mentioned later on.

All things considered though, Ghost Protocol is a really enjoyable action film with some fantastic action sequences.
  16. Jan 3, 2013
    Now, to tell you guys i wasn't really excited about Mission: Impossible 4. Why? Cause of "Knight and Day" It was fun, but not really smart. Okay, i saw the movie and it wasn't just good. it was GREAT and EPIC! This movie had everything a sequel needs. It's got great action, smart suspense, it's well acted, well directed and it goes into directions that you don't even expect. Every time,Now, to tell you guys i wasn't really excited about Mission: Impossible 4. Why? Cause of "Knight and Day" It was fun, but not really smart. Okay, i saw the movie and it wasn't just good. it was GREAT and EPIC! This movie had everything a sequel needs. It's got great action, smart suspense, it's well acted, well directed and it goes into directions that you don't even expect. Every time, you're gonna be like "I was totally not expecting that, and that is AWESOME!" There's even a scene where Ethan Hunt's climbing the Dubai tower, which is the tallest tower in the world, and he does that by Spider-Man crawling up the glass. It turned out to be the best and most exciting scene in the entire movie. Also, they made this absurd that doesn't even exist, but it's so damn awesome! I really like that, it was awesome. We got a great and epic summer movie in winter. I'm serious, you should go and check it out, it's totally worth watching Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What Could go wrong with Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise.
    Nothing really it was a good movie. Except for one thing. The action scenes at times were pretty cheesy and a bit inbelieveable. With Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher which is his latest film that to has cheesy scenes.
    The cheesiet part in the film is when Tom Cruise is on the building trying to swing over to a window he was trying to reach. Oh my god he falls and he hangs onto a ledge.
    Cheesy..............
    They could've done that scene totally different😞
    Seriously.
    Overall besides the bad cheesy scenes I give it
    10 full stars😃
  18. Dec 25, 2012
    Favorite action movie of 2011/2012. Lots of extreme action and it has a plot. Tom Cruse is a very good actor. I would go see this movie 10000000000 times and never get tired of it.
  19. Dec 23, 2012
    A film that takes the audience from Budapest to Moscow to Dubai to India and maybe a few other international destinations in-between! There is some spectacular looking stunt work and some cracking effects; hats off to those guys! All the performances were very good with Tom Cruise playing Ethan Hunt with his usual aplomb. It was nice to see a little comic relief provided by the inclusionA film that takes the audience from Budapest to Moscow to Dubai to India and maybe a few other international destinations in-between! There is some spectacular looking stunt work and some cracking effects; hats off to those guys! All the performances were very good with Tom Cruise playing Ethan Hunt with his usual aplomb. It was nice to see a little comic relief provided by the inclusion of Simon Pegg; the comedic two-and-fro between him and Jeremy Renner was particularly amusing. Maybe the plot might have been a little over-complicated, but over all I found it a pretty enjoyable watch.

SteelMonster
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. But I thought the action in this movie was great. I kept saying ouch & wincing whenever he smashed into a wall or whatnot. Cruise is looking a tad too skinny in this movie. You especially notice this during the scene in the hospital when he's shirtless. Thought Jeremy Renner, was good in this movie. Simon Pegg was funny & Paula Patton was beautiful. She canI'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. But I thought the action in this movie was great. I kept saying ouch & wincing whenever he smashed into a wall or whatnot. Cruise is looking a tad too skinny in this movie. You especially notice this during the scene in the hospital when he's shirtless. Thought Jeremy Renner, was good in this movie. Simon Pegg was funny & Paula Patton was beautiful. She can kick some butt too. I always like to see strong female characters. I almost didn't recognize Josh Holloway in the beginning of the movie. Where did he disappear to? Anway, stunning location shoots, great action & solid acting. Me like! Expand
  21. Dec 15, 2012
    After watching this film, I was filled with utter apathy for it. Definitely didn't hate it, but really didn't enjoy it either. Sort of like sitting at a red light waiting for the next great green thing to come along, but really in that moment you are just sitting there doing nothing staring at some red glowing circle. Blah.
  22. Dec 15, 2012
    This movie really upset me with the amount of endorsed advertisements in it. And this movie had potential but shot down by greed to become a giant advertisement. Mission impossible was about secret-super agents that had access to high-tech gadgets. What this movie had in store was iPhone, after iPad, after iPhone. Like seriously I know the secret service does not use Apple everything toThis movie really upset me with the amount of endorsed advertisements in it. And this movie had potential but shot down by greed to become a giant advertisement. Mission impossible was about secret-super agents that had access to high-tech gadgets. What this movie had in store was iPhone, after iPad, after iPhone. Like seriously I know the secret service does not use Apple everything to get things done otherwise they would get NOTHING done. Not to mention that there's only one brand of car in the world of "Mission Impossible" and that is BMW. So we paid for a two hour advertisement...Cool. Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2012
    Breathtaking visuals, enchanting characters and dialogue, and some truly intelligent storytelling not only make "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" the best of the franchise, but maybe even the best of its kind.
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    No matter how well done they are, spy movies with neat gadgets have never been enough to entertain me. The film has wooden characters and lazy dialogue. I am not entertained, but perhaps you will be. This is the kind of film that will be perceived differently depending on what the viewer is looking for.
  25. Aug 18, 2012
    Pixar's Brad Bird makes his live-action debut with the second best M:I film in the series. The action is well choreographed and they don't try to overload the viewer by leaving room for the story developent and dialogue scenes. It's a fun spectacle and reinvigorates a series that was on a downhill slope. Bring on M:I-5!
  26. Aug 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the most overrated movies ever made. The fourth Mission Impossible continues the trend of the film series showing disrespect and drifting away from its source material both totally and thematically in favour of meaningless action sequences which make more sense. Speaking of action, let me start off by saying that I found these "amazing" action scenes pretty underwhelming. After every car chase, fist fight or gun fight it all left me thinking "that's it?". The gadgets thus time were more ridiculous than ever, it made Die Another Day look real. As for the story its the same old meaningless generic nuclear war **** turning USA and Russia on each other, only this time it's poorly done. it starts off with a Kremlin bombing which has no sort of impact on the world. The world is on the brink of World War 3 and nbdy anywhere gives a damn. There's no sort of political crisis going on following the bombing. In Dubai nobody cared, in India they were partying all the way. The Sum Of All Fears played its WW3 story much better and that movie was a dud. The characters, including Jeremy Renner were very boring and wooden. Ethan Hunt continues to be the most overrated spy in the world, he's got nothing on James Bond or Jason Bourne. The villain was idiotically generic, his motives are incoherent and dumb, and he was underdeveloped. Like I previously said, this is generic **** The movie felt more like a commercial for the new BMW than it did an actual movie. Overall rating 3/10. Expand
  27. Jul 16, 2012
    It's only a matter of time before people change their minds, me being one of them. It's understandable that this film was good, but it just felt like a repeat. Mission Impossible is always about undertaking missions and solving them with technology. I've seen other films that have more soul than this. At least characters like Simon Pegg were there to provide comic relief otherwise I don'tIt's only a matter of time before people change their minds, me being one of them. It's understandable that this film was good, but it just felt like a repeat. Mission Impossible is always about undertaking missions and solving them with technology. I've seen other films that have more soul than this. At least characters like Simon Pegg were there to provide comic relief otherwise I don't think I would have laughed at all in the cinema. Tom Cruise doesn't have to be the all-singing all dancing character taking part in things where he has to do something amazing every 5 minutes. And spy films - what, is this supposed to be, everything made of electronics and gadgets freaking everywhere? We cannot act like these types of films don't have souls, because they do. This one didn't pull it off. Expand
  28. Jul 7, 2012
    This has been the best action film I have seen in a long time. Me and my whole family loved this movie. I have always like the "Mission Impossible" movies.
  29. Jun 26, 2012
    This is definitely the best action pack movie from Mission Impossible series and the best action pack movies this year. It is a non-stop action movie right from the beginning till the end. It is very important to catch audience attention for the first 2 to 5 minutes of play time. This movie did a great job on this and kept continuing till the end. Action packed movies lovers wouldThis is definitely the best action pack movie from Mission Impossible series and the best action pack movies this year. It is a non-stop action movie right from the beginning till the end. It is very important to catch audience attention for the first 2 to 5 minutes of play time. This movie did a great job on this and kept continuing till the end. Action packed movies lovers would definitely quarantee to love this. Expand
  30. Jun 15, 2012
    The plot can be unoriginal, it seems you've seen it lots of times, but it entertains you. It is a good movie because of this: is entertaining. It's intense, a lot of action, and some more action too. But that's what matter. End of story.

The movie is wonderful, nonsensical fun.
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    The movie is sheer hurtling mechanism - the entire world in motion - and it's great silly fun. [2 Jan. 2012, p.79]
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    Dec 20, 2011
    If the M:I films are immune to the tarnish on the Cruise brand, it's precisely because their spectacle requires us to be impressed by Ethan Hunt, not to like him.