6.8

1. Apr 19, 2011
    Hands down the best Mission Impossible movie out of the 3 movies made so far. The chemistry between Tom Cruise and Thandie was delish! This is the only movie out of the franchise that I can watch over and over and over again without fail. The car scene, the bike scene the scenes thru out he entire movie keeps me riverted. Tom should have made MI-3 with Thandie and kept it going but IHands down the best Mission Impossible movie out of the 3 movies made so far. The chemistry between Tom Cruise and Thandie was delish! This is the only movie out of the franchise that I can watch over and over and over again without fail. The car scene, the bike scene the scenes thru out he entire movie keeps me riverted. Tom should have made MI-3 with Thandie and kept it going but I am sure Hollywood had something to do with him changing from a black romantic female lead. I'm just glad he did not go with the wooden Hallie Berry who though beautiful is meh when acting. I would have loved to see MI-4 with Thandie but he's not going that way so hopefully if he continues the franchise he will bring her back on board. Expand
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    This is the best Mission Impossible, John Woo made a good job with this film. The action is as I lwant the action to be. Enjoyable, funny and extreme. M:I-2 rules!
  3. Jan 22, 2012
    The plot is taken more seriously than the first with tension and thrills on a adventure of suspense and amazingly violent action. I know a lot of you think the first is better, but it's more serious than the first.
  4. Dec 26, 2011
    Sadly, John Woo's poor direction on "Mission Impossible 2" even makes the action crappy.
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    The Weakest in a great series but entertaining after you realize your watching John Woo make a James Bond inspired cartoon. It is nowhere near as sophisticated at the 1st or as involving as the 3rd or as funny as the fourth but it is still a very well made B movie. John Woo is a pretentious but unique action film maker, he indulges in slow motion but it's interesting how he edits actionThe Weakest in a great series but entertaining after you realize your watching John Woo make a James Bond inspired cartoon. It is nowhere near as sophisticated at the 1st or as involving as the 3rd or as funny as the fourth but it is still a very well made B movie. John Woo is a pretentious but unique action film maker, he indulges in slow motion but it's interesting how he edits action scenes, the problems with the film is that the script is under mediocre with a bad performance from the villan. By the way Ghost Protocol (the 4th) has some of the best action scenes ever made (that story has a few problems also though) Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    The film is mindless and many of the plot point we're expected to believe really do come off as "impossible". This isn't a spy film grounded in realism though, and the action scenes are masterfully choreographed by John Woo.
  7. Feb 5, 2012
    I think my high hopes were shattered for this film, because I felt disappointed that it did not live up to the previous film's well-crafted plot and intertwining cool action sequences. This I felt, lacked the former and added more of the latter. The beginning was strong, but as it neared the end it went downhill, and the only thing that stopped this from hitting rock bottom was TomI think my high hopes were shattered for this film, because I felt disappointed that it did not live up to the previous film's well-crafted plot and intertwining cool action sequences. This I felt, lacked the former and added more of the latter. The beginning was strong, but as it neared the end it went downhill, and the only thing that stopped this from hitting rock bottom was Tom Cruise's ability to pull off cool action stunts - specifically the fight between him and Ambrose added a little more drama, although any other fighting was purely for showing. Thandie Newton failed to add anything to the film, merely just a manipulative prop. In the end, the only thing that saved the film was Tom Cruise himself, but eventually it just ended up being a fun-of-the-flair cheesy mega action flick. My favourite part, though, was in the pharmaceutical lab. Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2013
    Unlike its fast paced predecessor MI2 is anything but entertaining.
    With a slow redundant plot and stick think gun wielding henchmen for characters, MI2 loses the magic and becomes yawn worthy.
  9. Nov 4, 2010
    I got so bored, but Tom Cruise wasn't so bad.
  10. Aug 6, 2012
    John Woo doesn't do enough good action and better stunts with this movie and the drama, same old boringness. I wished this movie had improved to its better standards, but it did not.
  11. Dec 16, 2010
    The Hollywood milk it dry theme.... There has to be more creative scripts out there to throw money at. I guess the bond theory is in play tho. Average and I watched it. Good to have on when you are doing something else at the same time and want a distraction in the background.
  12. Jan 3, 2012
    I can see Tom Cruise and the other producers' logic when they hired John Woo to direct Mission: Impossible II - getting a big-name action director to helm the second installment of a big-name thriller franchise makes complete sense. Unfortunately, what John Woo turned M:I-2 into was an English-language Hong Kong action movie, and not a good one. At times his direction of the action scenesI can see Tom Cruise and the other producers' logic when they hired John Woo to direct Mission: Impossible II - getting a big-name action director to helm the second installment of a big-name thriller franchise makes complete sense. Unfortunately, what John Woo turned M:I-2 into was an English-language Hong Kong action movie, and not a good one. At times his direction of the action scenes borders on self-parody, and I'm not certain Woo has noticed. We get it John, you like your wire-work, your slow-motion jumping-through-the-air-whilst-shooting, but I think I speak for the vast majority when I say we'd much rather see Chow Yun-fat doing it in Hard Boiled or a Better Tommorrow and looking cool than Mr. Cruise doing it in this knockoff and looking pretty damn silly. On the subject of the pocket-sized actor, in the first film, Cruise's Ethan Hunt was a character you could get behind - despite his **** he was likeable, his motivations understandable, but this time round he's just a smug, self-indulgent douchebag (putting it mildly), and his hair is stupid. I could write a whole page on the hair in this film - with all the slow-motion shots of hair billowing in the wind, it's like a Loreal ad! Concerning the rest of the cast, Thandie Newton is irritating as the love interest, Dougray Scott and Richard Roxburgh make bland villains in comparison to the baddies in the first film, and Brendan Gleeson and Anthony Hopkins should be ashamed by appearing in the film at all, brief though their time on screen is (i swear Hopkins only said yes to have something to do between scenes in Hannibal). Thank goodness for Ving Rhames, who reprises the role of Luther Stickell the effortlessly cool hacker - he's still an incredibly fun character, but just isn't on the screen for long enough. Even after all these gripes, my main problem with M:I-2 is the decision to make a novelty of the first film a major plot device in this film. Yes, I'm talking about the ultra-realistic face masks people use when they need to look a doppelganger of someone else. It's a lazy and unconvincing concept for a plot element, and you always see it coming. Plus it's never explained why people's eyes aren't a different colour. Mission: Impossible II has completely lost the fun factor of the first film. Yes, the action scenes are just as big, if not bigger, and exceptionally competent, but Woo's direction is lazy and with too much tendency to reference the infinitely better films he directed in the 80s and 90s. The performances are lacklustre, the script laughable, and tone extremely uneven. It's not quite the worst action film I've ever seen, but I can find little that's right with the film, and a whole lot that's wrong with it. Expand
  13. Feb 2, 2012
    Mission Impossible 2 has flaws, many many flaws but its main problem is John Woo brings his signature stylised action but overdoes it. From the unnecessary twirling during gunfights to his signature doves itâ
  14. Dec 16, 2013
    Great action sequences complimented by a boring plot. Action movies should keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for what happens, but with the predictability and lack of intrigue packed into this one, it's a slow two hours.
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    "II" is not a particularly good sequel, but don't worry:"Tis' but a flesh wound" on the M:I series. The third and fourth are much better, especially the fourth. So enjoy this one for what it is, and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Strangely, what it most lacks is the genuine tension found in the first "Mission"'s signature set pieces.
    Moves with terrific energy, alternating riveting action sequences with intimate material in a manner that's pure Woo.
  3. The real deity of the movie is director Woo, who takes complete command of the latest technology -- hyperspeed editing, breathtaking cinematography, 10-out-of-10 stunt work -- to create brilliant action sequences.