7.4

1. RyneD.
    May 10, 2006
    This film was incredible!!!! Everyone of the cast members is amazing! (Especially Tom and MICHELLE) J.J Well Done!!!!!!!!!!
  2. stasz.
    May 10, 2006
    By far one of the best action movies. Watch and Chill, don't expect oscar elements. Nothing but great entertainment value.
  3. AlexeyA.
    May 5, 2006
    Probably the best action movie ever.
  4. BillyB.
    Dec 6, 2006
    Not only is this movie just as good as the first two, but I would even say it was my favorite. With new concepts and a good story line, I thought this movie was excellent!
  5. JaredB.
    Jan 12, 2007
    This is, in my opinion, the best "Mission Impossible" film yet. Tom Cruise gives the character of Ethan Hunt a level of depth that I didn't find in the other two movies. I also enjoyed Ving Rhames as Arthur Stickell, Hunt's right-hand man. Philip Seymour Hoffman was a better bad guy than anyone in the last two films. My advice: If you haven't seen this, rent or buy it as This is, in my opinion, the best "Mission Impossible" film yet. Tom Cruise gives the character of Ethan Hunt a level of depth that I didn't find in the other two movies. I also enjoyed Ving Rhames as Arthur Stickell, Hunt's right-hand man. Philip Seymour Hoffman was a better bad guy than anyone in the last two films. My advice: If you haven't seen this, rent or buy it as soon as possible. Expand
  6. A.Martinez
    May 5, 2006
    Over the top? Yes, that's why it's so good. Some one also told them to keep the backstabbing plots simple and the action coming. The first movie, way too complicated. Second, better. Third, the best, I think. It kicks butt, and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the bad guy? Very cool.
  7. ZapistoF.
    May 5, 2006
    Woah....I mean WOOAAHH...that's a freaking action movie. J.J. Abrams just reinvented how to make one. I was not a fan of his work with Alias, and I found the pilot of Lost to be ok. So, I didn't have all that high of expectations going in, but man....scene after scene after scene of "edge of your seat"/penetrating/visionary action. Tom Cruise is at his best here, as is the Woah....I mean WOOAAHH...that's a freaking action movie. J.J. Abrams just reinvented how to make one. I was not a fan of his work with Alias, and I found the pilot of Lost to be ok. So, I didn't have all that high of expectations going in, but man....scene after scene after scene of "edge of your seat"/penetrating/visionary action. Tom Cruise is at his best here, as is the entire cast. The accompanying score is phenomenal. Shout it from the rafters. J.J. ABRAMS is a freaking genius and Tom is a genius for getting him to do this movie!!!!! Expand
  8. DanGerman
    May 5, 2006
    Excellent action, great pace, top performances.
  9. LuisR.
    May 6, 2006
    I simply loved it! pure action and thrill during all the film, enjoyable and great!
  10. ManfredP.
    May 6, 2006
    Let's get one thing straight, right off the bat: this is not the incredible gem of a movie that was DePalma's 'Mission: Impossible', but it is also significantly...and I mean, significantly...better than John Woo's abysmal attempt at trying to mix oil and water (namely, his own style and the 'M:I' movie franchise) that the world must regretfully refer to Let's get one thing straight, right off the bat: this is not the incredible gem of a movie that was DePalma's 'Mission: Impossible', but it is also significantly...and I mean, significantly...better than John Woo's abysmal attempt at trying to mix oil and water (namely, his own style and the 'M:I' movie franchise) that the world must regretfully refer to as 'Mission: Impossible II'. Within ten seconds of the Paramount logo disappearing into the ether, you are hooked. Utterly hooked. The trademark pre-title sequence is intense and masterfully constructed, and is arguably the best piece of film in the entire movie. And what a place to put it. The plot itself lacks any real complexity, but what it lacks in overt intelligence it more than makes up for in how completely engaging and entertaining it actually is. The emotional beats are right on cue - although this can be called into question slightly in the closing minutes of the movie - and the action scenes are visceral, real and are actually incredibly scary for a PG-13 movie. There are plenty of thoroughly satisfying teamwork sequences that are highly satisfying to watch on a number of levels, and the film thrills, amuses and shocks for its entire duration. Not much can top a showdown between an IMF mentor and student on the top of a speeding bullet train, but Abrams does a damn good job at pitching the stakes of the finalé on a suitably 'impossible' level to mentioned respectfully after Hunt's suicidal Channel Tunnel dash in the first movie. In terms of acting: Cruise is at his superstar best, Hoffman is deliciously evil and wonderful as the entirely uncompassionate bad guy, Rhames is more implemented than ever before and exuding his usual sense of cool, and Simon Pegg delivers some very welcome humour to the movie. There are nods to previous Mission: Impossible movies, including the famed wire-drop from the first film when Hunt and company decide to...get this...infiltrate the Vatican (a scene that is accompanied by a charmingly amusing performance of Cruise going all Italian), and even a small homage to 'Top Gun'. Yes, this is a Tom Cruise film. But - as this movie goes to show - that's no bad thing by any stretch of the imagination. This thing is gripping, enthralling, and surprisingly taught for a movie that clocks in at just over two hours in length. For now, at least, the first movie remains unchallenged as the masterpiece of the franchise. It is the ultimate 'M:I' experience and is crafted with the mastery one would expect from a filmaker like DePalma; Abrams is still a novice by comparison. But, rest assured, 'Mission: Impossible III' is one mission you'll be more than happy to accept as a kick-ass Summer blockbuster that is thoroughly satisfying on every level. Expand
  11. D.N.
    May 6, 2006
    The best of the series. It's everything you want it to be.
  12. BarbW.
    May 7, 2006
    This is a pure action/thriller movie with lots of 'edge of your seat' thrills. Tom Cruise shows that he still has that movie star 'magic', something that so few actors possess. That's a pretty amazing feat, considering the constant bullying and harassment he receives from the press. Go see this movie, if only to see a true movie star at his best! (The non-stop This is a pure action/thriller movie with lots of 'edge of your seat' thrills. Tom Cruise shows that he still has that movie star 'magic', something that so few actors possess. That's a pretty amazing feat, considering the constant bullying and harassment he receives from the press. Go see this movie, if only to see a true movie star at his best! (The non-stop action and excitement doesn't hurt either). Expand
  13. JaredC
    May 7, 2006
    Explosions, stunts, and espionage....what more could you want?
  14. SusanM.
    May 8, 2006
    Yes, yes, YES! This movie has everything that belongs in a good action movie, and nothing that doesn't. Go see it!
  15. EfeB.
    Jun 12, 2006
    tom cruise must be the best actor who ever lived because he takes the impossible and makes it possible.
  16. MikeS.
    Jun 19, 2006
    Great ending employer of Tom criuse realizes he was set up and gives him the accommodation he deserves.
  17. MatthewR.
    Jun 3, 2006
    90% Yes predictable, girl gets kidnapped guy comes to rescue her, yep dont we all know by now. There are some "seen before moments" but there are some places that will keep you asking what happens next. Plus any funnies in the the film are well placed. "You've got to be kidding me". Nope I am not, it's not a classic and unless you have something you need to do you should go watch it.
  18. JimB.
    May 15, 2006
    I'm confused; I see people calling this movie "enjoyable" and "entertaining" , yet "not nessarily a good movie." What kind lunacy is this? This is just your stereotypical critic: a guy who nit-picks just because he can. What happened to a movie being judged on it's entertainment value? Kind of common sense, right? I tend to use that a alot, I'm just non-intellectual like I'm confused; I see people calling this movie "enjoyable" and "entertaining" , yet "not nessarily a good movie." What kind lunacy is this? This is just your stereotypical critic: a guy who nit-picks just because he can. What happened to a movie being judged on it's entertainment value? Kind of common sense, right? I tend to use that a alot, I'm just non-intellectual like that. I mean... makes sense to me, a movie entertains me... it probably deserves a higher score. These are the same guys, who rate snorefests a 10 because of great acting and dialogue. That's all well and good, and it certainly helps a movie, but if it's still not that entertaining, is that "nesessarily a good movie?" I'll let you ponder that question. Meanwhile, go see this movie. Expand
  19. RobertB.
    May 22, 2006
    Perfect summer action fair, Entertaining.
  20. WillE.
    May 5, 2006
    This movie surpassed my expectations. it is saved by it's supporting cast: Hoffman is perfect as the ultimate bad guy, Keri Russel gives a suprisingly intense performance, simon pegg provides the great comic relief. JJ Abram's direction is spot-on. there really isnt much that misses, except some "yeah right" moments. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
  21. TehanuA.
    May 6, 2006
    The absolute best movie of the year! I thought that this movie was one of the best ones that they have made. The suspense and action kept me from taking a bathroom break! This movie is worth the 7 bucks to get in, and more!
  22. TommyCruze
    May 7, 2006
    I am absolutely speechless. I loved this movie. It deserved a 100000000. If you love action (actually if you love anything) this is the perfect movie. Everything was perfect and this movie was a a lot better than the first two. Please go see this movie. You do not know what you are missing out on if you miss this movie. Tom Cruise..... perfect. Bravo. Bravo. Bravo.
  23. SarahL.
    May 8, 2006
    Great action movie. Cruise is a great hero and Hoffman is the best vilain.
  24. ScottN.
    May 8, 2006
    MI3 displays an impressive breadth of nuanced direction, subtle acting and an engaging romantic interest with the requisite spectacular effects and stunts. This film rivets you to your seat as stupendous action sequences alternate with intrigue and suspense as the plot cascades to Europe, Asia - even the Vatican - under the relentless threat of the dreaded
  25. basss
    May 9, 2006
    The movie was awsome and intense with some thrills thrown in.
  26. Dani
    Jun 22, 2006
    Definitely action-packed with some romance thrown in.
  27. J.Gunten
    May 14, 2006
    MI-3 is a near-prefect blend of romance, devotion, emotion, high action, intelligent plotting, surprisingly innovative solutions to problems, and enough flash-bang to turn up the adrenalin. I was happily surprised by the more-intelligent-than-most handling of the threat, Rabbit's Foot. And no one in the theatre missed the unparalleled *intensity* that Cruise brings to this role.
  28. LouisB.
    May 19, 2006
    M.I.-3 is fast paced and very exciting.The special effects are incredible. Hoffman makes a great villain.A great summer movie, good escapism.
  29. Angie
    Jun 25, 2006
    I absolutely LOVE this movie! Tom Cruise is at his best running full-throttle down the streets of Beijing... People need to forget about Tom Cruise's politics and simply enjoy this movie... It's called ENTERTAINMENT.
  30. Dec 24, 2011
    I give this movie 100% ratings because its the best action thriller till now of tom cruise. The movie just takes you in a cruise full of action and mind bending thriller which no one has seen yet. It really keeps your interest in whats next. This one is one of the best action thriller movie till now.
  31. Feb 29, 2012
    The tension and the antagonists are frenetic and make the mission continuous among an impossible level. Though, it is tied with Mission: Impossible II.
  32. Dec 31, 2011
    best film out of the 4.(GREAT VILLIAN,Mr.Hoffman) It has the intelligence of the first (the second best film after Fargo in 1996), and the action is almost as good as ghost protocol, the 2nd mission impossible is the weakest, (it is enjoyable even with all the flaws tho). Anyways I rink the films 1.Mi 3(10) 2.Mi 1(10) 3.Mi 4(9.5) 4. Mi2(7) Ghost Protocol is The Best Action film in yearsbest film out of the 4.(GREAT VILLIAN,Mr.Hoffman) It has the intelligence of the first (the second best film after Fargo in 1996), and the action is almost as good as ghost protocol, the 2nd mission impossible is the weakest, (it is enjoyable even with all the flaws tho). Anyways I rink the films 1.Mi 3(10) 2.Mi 1(10) 3.Mi 4(9.5) 4. Mi2(7) Ghost Protocol is The Best Action film in years but it's story is pretty mediocre,even though the actual dialogue is clever and the pacing and cinematography is amazing for an action film) Overall Mi 3 is the best of the series because it executes everything! But M.I. 4 Has the best Action and is the Funniest, Mi 1 Has the best direction(I LOVED the feeling of paranoia and experimental cinematography) and Mi2 is fairly enjoyable even with flaws....Great Action Series Expand
  33. Jan 29, 2015
    Eu subestimei Tom Cruise,ele é um bom ator,e dar uma excelente performance como Ethan Hunt nesse incrível Missão Impossível 3,Philip Seymour Hoffman dar uma boa performance como vilão mas creio que ele é um pouco Superestimado,Michelle Monaghan é excelente,Ving Rhames,Maggie Q,Simon Pegg,Jonathan Rhys Meyers,Keri Russell e Laurence Fishburne também estão excelentes,Com excelentes cenas deEu subestimei Tom Cruise,ele é um bom ator,e dar uma excelente performance como Ethan Hunt nesse incrível Missão Impossível 3,Philip Seymour Hoffman dar uma boa performance como vilão mas creio que ele é um pouco Superestimado,Michelle Monaghan é excelente,Ving Rhames,Maggie Q,Simon Pegg,Jonathan Rhys Meyers,Keri Russell e Laurence Fishburne também estão excelentes,Com excelentes cenas de ação e muito suspense. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    An inspired middle-hour pumped by some solid action gives you an idea how good the franchise could be, but we now live in a post-Bourne, recalibrated-Bond universe, where Ethan Hunt looks a bit lost.
  2. In his feature debut, "Lost" creator J.J. Abrams, who got the job on the basis of "Alias," takes the driver's seat with both feet on the accelerator.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    For all its far-fetched formulations, this new entry maintains more of a dramatic throughline and has the bonus of a villain played with unsparing meanness by Philip Seymour Hoffman.