8.0

1. Dec 29, 2012
    it was a pretty enjoyable movie. Decent acting by the cast (could have been better), Action packed, Story isn't hard to follow as some reviews said if you have the capability of paying attention. I think the one problem I had with it is that there is no depth in the plot. It's too straight forward with no back story. Other then that, It was still a solid film and I am going to give theit was a pretty enjoyable movie. Decent acting by the cast (could have been better), Action packed, Story isn't hard to follow as some reviews said if you have the capability of paying attention. I think the one problem I had with it is that there is no depth in the plot. It's too straight forward with no back story. Other then that, It was still a solid film and I am going to give the sequel a chance. Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2012
    Despite it being action-packed with an awesome theme tune, there doesn't seem to be much more. Cruise's Mission Impossible films seem to be nothing but repetitive, however many times they have different actors. Even though films are sometimes a step away out of reality, the actions that Hunt does completely shatters the meaning of the word 'logic'. This doesn't bring anything new to theDespite it being action-packed with an awesome theme tune, there doesn't seem to be much more. Cruise's Mission Impossible films seem to be nothing but repetitive, however many times they have different actors. Even though films are sometimes a step away out of reality, the actions that Hunt does completely shatters the meaning of the word 'logic'. This doesn't bring anything new to the genre anyway. Yeah, look, OMG, brilliant technology, but that just means they try too hard to look clever. If we don't know what they're doing, how on earth does that mean it's clever? Expand
  3. Feb 3, 2012
    I found the story's lack of tension to be boring amongst entertaining adventures without enough thrills and suspense along with underrated action sequences. Not that impressive, but it was OK.
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    For a summer blockbuster, Mission: Impossible is pretty good, but at the end of the day, an implausible plot with implausible action scenes wind up hurting a well acted film. Overall, it is enjoyable, however.
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    Mission: Impossible is an exciting spy thriller.
    With a solid plot and believable characters Mission: Impossible succeeds to entertain the average action lover.

Whatever the reason for its disappointments, Mission: Impossible is a mission gone awry, prompting you to hope that reruns of its television incarnation will pop up on cable soon.
  2. Every effect is so calculated that only the conscious minds of filmmakers and viewers are engaged--and not by very much or for very long.
    The bottom line on a film like this is, Tom Cruise looks cool and holds our attention while doing neat things that we don't quite understand--doing them so quickly and with so much style that we put our questions on hold, and go with the flow.