7.2

1. May 6, 2012
    While the plot doesn't make complete sense until the very end of the movie, but that's just a minor nuisance from a thrilling spy movie.
  2. Aug 3, 2013
    Actually a great movie the best of the move reboot. The story is constantly building new surprises into the plotline, the acting is first-rate, the music score is perfect and the special effects are surprisingly good for the time. Glad I rewatched it, the movie hasn't suffered with time.
  3. Oct 28, 2011
    This one is a killer! I loved the action and scenario. Even though got some holes in story, it was a less than 2 hours adventure which i will probably never forget.
  4. Dec 31, 2011
    Intriguing, Expertly told and crafted and a great Action performance by Tom Cruise. Also the cinematography is amazing how it suggest paranoia. Also the film is uniquely edited. This is a movie that shows that great direction can really enhance anything! The second best film of 1996 (after Fargo) and while this film was a hit I feel it is slight underrated. Amazing how the film, along with the action scenes don't feel dated at all. Expand
  5. Feb 9, 2014
    Mission Impossible (the first) is one of the best in the series, and does justice to the old TV show. All of the familiar elements to the show are there, from gadgets to Cruise saying "Mission accomplished!".
  6. Ozy
    Jul 11, 2014
    As far as im concerned this movie changed the face of action movies for ever. WTF is wrong with these so called professional reviewers? and why is it that they differ so much from the general public. Idiots. This movie is legendary. Stab yourself with a shoe if you haven't already seen this movie.

Whatever the reason for its disappointments, Mission: Impossible is a mission gone awry, prompting you to hope that reruns of its television incarnation will pop up on cable soon.
  2. Every effect is so calculated that only the conscious minds of filmmakers and viewers are engaged--and not by very much or for very long.
    The bottom line on a film like this is, Tom Cruise looks cool and holds our attention while doing neat things that we don't quite understand--doing them so quickly and with so much style that we put our questions on hold, and go with the flow.