Innovation Film Group (IFG) | Release Date: May 13, 2005
6.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 13 Ratings
WATCH NOW
OdessaF.Oct 6, 2005
Great movie!!! Excellent performances by Andy Garcia and rest of the cast. This movie really captures the spirits of Paris around that time. A beautiful and tragic love story too! Don't miss it. It is now out on DVD.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
LaniqueJan 17, 2006
Anything incredible gotta have a little repulse, otherwise it'll turn boring. For this particular case the movie stands alone, here a repulse would be the critics' reviews.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
NicolaM.Oct 10, 2005
Simply an atrocious movie, painful to watch. Woefully overacted, with more hams than a butcher shop. Picasso was played by Bud Abbot. Really a bad bad bad movie.
1 of 2 users found this helpful
EarlM.Mar 25, 2006
Tiresome, poor representation of the artist's life--do not waste your time!
StephaneeH.Oct 6, 2005
I feel the critics were very wronge! I felt it was a wonderful movie and great preformances that left me wanting for more.
FrenchieY.Apr 1, 2007
Simply an insult to all poets, painters and lovers, a dull, overacted abortion!
LostkatAug 17, 2010
This is a film that, from what I gather, the critics hated with passion. I agree that Modigliani as a film has major flaws. Although for the most part the performance of the actors is decent, and in some instances remarkable, by moments theThis is a film that, from what I gather, the critics hated with passion. I agree that Modigliani as a film has major flaws. Although for the most part the performance of the actors is decent, and in some instances remarkable, by moments the film drifts into melodrama. That was particularly so when the camera visits the studio of the painters competing for the Salon des artists prize. This was a dramatically critical moment for the narrative because it depicts the serenity of an artist who otherwise was a talented man drifting rapidly into alcoholism and self-destructive behavior. Unfortunately, at a critical moment when the director failed in imparting adequate acting directions to the other actors, forcing them to over play the stress of the characters they were representing. This scene accounts for the film's major failure. A more sober performance by the actors would have produced the wonderful dramatic contrasting effect sought by a beautiful musical soundtrack. Yet, and in spite of its failures, the film was able to recover much of its luster. The last scene saved the film from being an abject failure. I am referring to the scene when, once concluded Modigliani's funeral, Picasso - Amadeo Modigliani's nemesis - noted the child. This scene, as the once in the bar depicting Modiglianiâ Expand