Columbia Pictures | Release Date: December 19, 2003
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 72 Ratings
WATCH NOW
whatastorymarkApr 21, 2016
I'd rather drink lemon juice with razors in it. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF CRAP!! HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE THIS?
TimW.Mar 29, 2004
Julia Roberts miscast but rest of cast worth a look especially Maggie.
FredZ.Mar 14, 2004
From the "Only-A-Dweeb-would-notice-that" Department: I had my daughter staying at my house for the weekend, and my girlfriend brought this film over. I tried to escape into another room. no good. I was called back out to watch this From the "Only-A-Dweeb-would-notice-that" Department: I had my daughter staying at my house for the weekend, and my girlfriend brought this film over. I tried to escape into another room. no good. I was called back out to watch this "I'm Julia Roberts, aren't I wonderful" movie. I hated it. The highlight of the movie was when I noticed that in the all girl trombone section, there was a trombone w/ an open wrap and a Thayer valve. This movie was set in the 50s. The Thayer valve came along in the 70s. That's what I remember from this movie. Expand
J.CinnanteMar 9, 2004
What a piece of boring crap.
ColmMar 3, 2004
Julia, stick with what you know, stick with the prostitution movie business.
WaltD.Jan 24, 2004
Awful!
RachelW.Jan 17, 2004
I found this movie terribly disjointed and beyond human comprehension. Would have to agree that Julia Roberts was miscast in this film.
JamalJ.Jan 15, 2004
Jamal digs Julia. But Jamal thought the movie sucked. Not believable enough for Jamal.
FreidaL.Jan 8, 2004
Dumb and dumber had more of a reality than this stupid screenplay. Absolutely ludicrous and an insult to women everywhere. Julia who I adore is totally miscast in the lead here.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
RobertH.Jan 8, 2004
I want to place my finger down my throat to get the taste out of my mouth.
DavidR.Jan 5, 2004
Just terrible. Not even believable and especially with Julia Roberts playing her character. Avoid at all costs.
1 of 2 users found this helpful
DwayneJan 3, 2004
Just terrible from beginning to end. Boring would be an under statement. Julia is so miscast that you have to wonder who made the decision to hire her for this poor excuse for a movie.
GoliathJan 2, 2004
Horrendous. JR was a poor choice as the lead actress in this dud of a movie.
2 of 4 users found this helpful
HoraceD.Dec 31, 2003
Pure boring crap that defies anyone with even average intelligence. Julia, who I love, is totally miscast. Terrible film.
BarryP.Dec 29, 2003
Atrocious and boring are the best words to describe this dreck. Word of mouth will send this film out to pasteur where it belongs under a pile of cow dung.
WendyT.Dec 27, 2003
As a woman I hated it. Absolutely dreadful in that these smart beautiful women were unable to think for themselves? Why would anyone want to be subserviant to a man, and especially in the 1950's? Julia Roberts was terribly miscast and As a woman I hated it. Absolutely dreadful in that these smart beautiful women were unable to think for themselves? Why would anyone want to be subserviant to a man, and especially in the 1950's? Julia Roberts was terribly miscast and telegraphed her intentions five minutes into the movie. A waste of time and money. Expand
JohnM.Dec 25, 2003
Oprah-esque, mindless, pseudo-feminist tripe. If I were a woman I'd be outraged.
FredT.Dec 25, 2003
Absolutey painfully boring film depicting smart women brainwashed into believing that their only purpose in life is to get married and serve their husbands. Of course Julia Roberts attempts to save them from their fate as the champion Absolutey painfully boring film depicting smart women brainwashed into believing that their only purpose in life is to get married and serve their husbands. Of course Julia Roberts attempts to save them from their fate as the champion professor of justice. Give me a break. Expand
LaneT.Dec 23, 2003
Slow boring movie about right ideology at the wrong time and in the wrong place. JR totally miscast. If it were in 1654 they would have burnt her at the stake and thus Joan of Arc could have been Julia or Roberts. Avoid.
ChadG.Dec 22, 2003
Feminist rip-off of Dead Poet's Society.
EmmaP.Dec 18, 2003
Who said Roberts was the next A. Hepburn? pah!.....junk.
LewA.Dec 18, 2003
Inane and stultifying. Julia Roberts was a poor choice for the lead role.