1. SandraO
    Jul 2, 2005
    A genuine and inteligent glimpse into the world of wine. It's fantastic as it makes you think for a long time and changes your convictions about wines.
  2. martelh
    May 3, 2005
    Brought a bottle of good wine with us to the theatre. so as they're talking wine, we're drinking and enjoying the movie all the more.
  3. donk.
    Aug 21, 2005
    Too long and loud - headache time.
  4. GeoffS.
    Oct 10, 2005
    The man needs a tripod. The unnecessary camera movement of panning, zooming, then panning again takes away from the worthy subject matter. And, that's a shame. Perhaps this jerkiness was mean to give the film a sense of raw, unpolished edginess - but we just saw it on a cinema screen and found it simply irritating.
  5. SantiagoR.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Bieng an avid wine drinker and appretiator, i was rather disdurbed by this film. I don't know if i will ever be able to drink another wine from California again, especially one by Mondavi. This film was a true testiment to what documentaries should be, raw and not one sided. an excellent film, if i may say so.. bravo.
  6. Helena
    May 15, 2006
    Introduces some interesting questions in a fascinating topic but does not do much with them. I agree with Geoff -the cameraman needs a tripod. And what is with all the dog shots? Annoying. Overall this movie was a missed opportunity to tackle some interesting issues in the world of wine with depth and intelligence.
  7. DavidT.
    Mar 28, 2005
    Get that man an editor!! Largely enjoyable, a bit more balanced than it at first seems, my biggest complaint about Modovino was Nossiter's inability turn his footage into a concise and coherent story.
  8. FlavioV.
    Nov 26, 2006
    I love the elegance and sincerity in showing people being seduced by the forces of marketing and power. Or being rejecting it. In both cases it is beautiful to have de courage to evolve or to conserve tradition. Mondovino is about seduction. The dog scene is great.

1. An insightful and affectionate glimpse into the behind-the-scenes struggles of modern-day winemaking.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Consistently fascinating material provides an uncommonly eloquent, provocative statement against globalization that's sure to stimulate thinking audiences.
    For all its pervasive irritations and lack of discipline, succeeds in using below-the-belt tactics to get its message across, especially for those unschooled in the rarified world of oenophilia.