8.6

1. Sep 29, 2011
    "Monsters Inc." is the milestone animation of Pixar's big debut to the 21st century. As expecting, the film is amazing, containing good morals that audience of every age can understand and appeal. Two thumbs up!!!
  2. Jun 30, 2011
    It may not be the most sophisticated Pixar film, but is still a fantastic and charming film. The animation is as beautiful and vibrant as even newer animated films. One of the most original concepts for a film I have ever seen, and great voice acting make this a must-see. One of Pixar's best, and also one of all of animations best films. As will all other Pixar movies, animation is not just for children. This is a wittily funny movie for everyone. Expand
  3. Aug 6, 2011
    One of the greatest movies I've ever seen. The characters are likeable and the story is original and heartwarming. Disney never fails to entertain both children and adults.
  4. CRL
    Aug 12, 2011
    For some reason, though I like almost all Pixar films, this is my undeniable favorite. I don't know whether it's the comedic aspect or the fact that it actually drills in some suspense near the end, but this is that kind of movie that, wherever and whenever I see it on, I will watch it to the very end.
  5. Jan 6, 2012
    Monsters, Inc is a great film. What it is is funny, well animated and well written. What it isn't is Pixar's best, it's still a classic, but not up there with the best of the Pixar films. Mike, Scully and the gang are a memorable bunch, which is why I suppose Pixar are making a prequel to the film for 2013. The film is great but not superb, it shows that Pixar can yet again make a great film about just about anything that is great viewing for kids and adults alike. Expand
  6. Jan 16, 2012
    Monster's Inc is extremely heartwarming and original along with mostly going for laughs the whole time which it most definitely does. And the film may scare some children but overall it is fantastic. I give this film 86%.
  7. Jun 6, 2012
    Monsters, Inc. is film animation at its most heart-warming, poignant and hilarious. The film is not just a simple, pretty diversion to keep the young ones quiet for 90 minutes, but an incredibly clever, multi-faceted film for all ages. It's a buddy movie, it's a work-based sitcom, an imaginative fantasy film, and most pleasingly a biting and intelligent satire on both the world energy crisis and the over-exposure of children to increasingly horrific images in the modern world. Inventively, the monster city is not powered by electricity, gas and oil, but by children's screams, which the workers of Monsters Incorporated, dubbed "scarers" are tasked with collecting by going through portals into the human world, portals which appear as closet doors in the bedrooms of children. The monster world is facing an energy shortage due to the fact that kids "just don't get scared like they used to", resulting in some monsters resorting to increasingly drastic and amoral techniques to extract childrens' screams. The cast all give sterling vocal performances - John Goodman's hairy soft-hearted giant Sulley and Billy Crystal's minuscule green cyclops Mike make a great comedy double-act, Steve Buscemi's reptilian villain Randall is appropriately slimy and conniving, and the staggeringly multi-talented animator/writer/director/occasional actor Bob Peterson voices the cynical slug-secretary-from-hell Roz, and never fails to raise a smile. Monsters, Inc. gets the balance between vastly differing moods just right, with cuteness (Sulley's adorable father-daughter relationship with Boo), humour (anything said or done by Mike) and darkness (Randall's unsavory evil master plan) all given equal service throughout the film by director Pete Doctor and the multiple writers. I also challenge anyone who's in possession of a working heart not to blub at the film's bittersweet, utterly heartbreaking finale. This might provoke considerable debate amongst Pixar devotees (as the vast majority of the studio's output is jolly good, afterall) but I say that Monsters, Inc., while only being the fourth film released, is the very best work the animation powerhouse has produced thus far. It's truly Pixar's finest hour not only due to its flawless technical craftsmanship, but because of its abundance of heart and soul. Expand
  8. Sep 3, 2010
    One of my favourite Pixar films, and a true popular classic. While it lacks the soul of Toy Story, it's a crackingly good film, with impressive animation and loveable characters. While just missing out on perfection, Monsters Inc. is a brilliant, loveable and well done film that anyone can enjoy.
  9. Oct 31, 2010
    it doesn't have the same sophistication as Toy Story, but still its an awesome Pixar movie!
  10. Mar 26, 2011
    A fantastic movie that has a touching story, fantastic characters, and a lot of humor, one of the best animated movies for kids of all time, a must watch.
  11. Apr 5, 2011
    In my opinion, this is probably the least memorable Pixar movie. But on its own, its a very good movie. Better than the other big animated movie released in the same year, Shrek.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is perhaps the most heart-warming film that Pixar has created. Mike and Sulley work at Monsters Inc., where their jobs are to scare children to create electricity for the monster world. When a child escapes into the monster world for the first time in history, Mike and Sulley must help her get home safely Expand
  13. Feb 16, 2012
    I have seen it three times. This movie has both funny and moving scene. I really enjoyed it. If you want to see heartwarming movie, I recommend it to you.
  14. May 22, 2012
    I love this movie! It's a work of art made by Pixar in the aspects of comedy, animation, and heartwarming moments. Not to mention the marvelous one-liners and hidden jokes worked into the script so that you have to watch it numerous times to fully appreciate the hidden humor.
  15. May 26, 2012
    The connection of humans and monsters in this movie is so out of this world, and that is truly proven with its fantastic story. The graphics and visuals are just incredible. It is truly a delight to watch from start to finish, I just cannot fault this wonderful movie. Because of these amazing features, this film is definitely one of Pixar's best..........
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    Excellently animated and voice acted, "Monsters Inc." is yet another reason why Pixar is the king daddy of noteworthy animated movie storytelling.
  17. Jan 24, 2013
    Monsters Inc. is a childhood favorite of mine and getting to experience it in 3D was just taking me back to my childhood and the greatness of Pixar. When I was younger, I would always have a few movies to watch whenever I was in a bad mood and this was one of them. This movie has such great laughs and likable characters that you must have a heart made of stone not to love. The animation is beautiful even to this day and you can't help but smile at the colors and appeal that this film gives off. All the settings that you see were beautiful for its time and the characters look incredible for being so early in the stages of computer animation. We all were scared of the darkness and monsters at one point in our lives, and if you weren't, well then you will still love this film. Pixar has always had a knack for making lovable characters, and I think with this movie they show some of their most creative and fun characters of all. The movie talks about friendship, and although many children's movies talk about that, I think this movie is one of the first to do it correctly. There isn't much to talk about in a film that has been out for about 11 years, but I think we can all agree this is a classic piece of animation and one that everyone, both young and old, can love. Expand
  18. Feb 19, 2013
    Beautiful, lovely, heart touching. There is a connection between Sullivan and Boo, a father- daughter coonection, nobody could think a monster could love and scared of a little human girl. You should watch this movies
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    The all-time favorite movie of my childhood. I loved Billy Crystal and John Goodman's chemistry during the film, which made the story even better. The series of twists at the end will not disappoint it's viewers.
  20. Apr 6, 2013
    These classic pixar movies take me back, such as Toy Story 1 and 2 and Finding Nemo and this one is no exception. Monster's Inc is truly one of the most fun of all the Pixar movies. It's not only a fun adventure into a new world beyond our's, but it also really captures heart (just like most Pixar movies). To me ,(just like the earlier Toy Story movies) this is a movie that i grew up watching almost every single day. It's a fun movie for both kids and adults. Plus, I can't wait for "Monster's University" coming out this summer. Overall, it's a classic Pixar movie that truly should not be taken lightly. Expand
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Monsters Inc. is one of my favorite movies of all time, it is my childhood movie, that I grew up with, it is original and funny with lots of jokes and a great time for families and children, the plot is original and clever with lots of clever moments and touching scenes, Monsters Inc. is one of the greatest animated movies ever made!
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    It's odd to see that this movie is so underrated. In my opinion, this might just be Pixar's best and most creative movie to date. It's hilarious at times and heart breaking at other times. Every character is interesting and very well animated given their unique appearances. Be sure to see this one, it's just awesome.
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    "Monsters Inc." brings a wonderful cast put in an inventive world that is very creative. The movie is built up on the main characters Mike and Sulley, who are incredibly likable. The animation is beautiful and really proves Pixar's animation is just superb. Its storytelling is wonderful, and is like watching as a kid again. With newer films coming out by the second, movies like "Monsters Inc." remind you of the good old days. Expand
  24. Jul 4, 2013
    Won of the first and the best of the Pixar films. Really entertaining characters that are enjoyable for kids and adults. Also perfect voice casting with Billy Crystal and John Goodman.
  25. Jul 12, 2013
    Es una muy buena película, teniendo en cuenta que la idea y el tema de este Film es muy buena. En conclusión un largometraje recomendado para la Familia.
  26. Aug 29, 2013
    The heart of the movie and it's comedic dynamic duo make this an amazing story of how anyone can find love in the things that everyone fears. Loved this movie, and I've watched multiple times.
  27. Sep 19, 2013
    A fun, intelligent film disguised as a kids movie, but really is a great movie to watch for all ages. The voice acting is great and the laughs are there, as well as some mild scares for the kids. It's genius.
  28. Oct 14, 2013
    Excellent and very funny movie full action that is about friendship. Some scenes made me laugh the end almost made me cry. A beautiful experience for anyone to watch.
  29. Nov 4, 2013
    Monsters, Inc. is one of the cutest and most original movies Disney Pixar has made. It is a nearly perfect family film that children can be entertained by and parents and adults can relate to. Goodman and Crystal are golden as the main characters and Boo is just adorable. The only thing I can say I wish they did was give Sully and Mike even more screen time. This is a must watch if you enjoy these types of films. Expand
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    Would you be scare of a monster on a closet that terrorizes children while their asleep at night? Well, not anymore because these monsters just only work for their jobs to create electricity for the Monster world. The company their working at is called Monsters Inc. that serves as a diversion of the film's realism to our world while you're in the company you will meet joyful and humorous characters such as the loving and charming, James Sullivan John Goodman a talkative one-eyed green monster, Mike Wazowski Billy Crystal a selfish and easily distracted monster-like chameleon, Randall Boggs Steve Buscemi and many more.

These characters shows enjoyable break time for children who watch this, maybe unforgettable, They work as like employees and the company their working at, even shows employee of the month. Now, for the main characters- Sully and Mike acts as best friends throughout their jobs, they show cleverness to entertain viewers in a way of humor. Especially, Roz, who appeals using her slow-paced talking and reminding the paper work assignment of Mike in a hilarious silent way.

Monsters Inc. is really a great time if you are bored, it can entertained you because the characters are charismatic and joyful which makes the film feel alive. And they even not stop entertaining till the credits, they showed that the film is real and the characters worked as Hollywood actors and even mentioned "No monsters were harmed in this film", really a diversion of realism that can caught adult's attention to watch it. Even my aunt loves this movie even she's 27 years old.

Monsters Inc. is a good film and look it even won Academy awards. It may not seem as fresh as the Toy Story film but outstanding packed humor and realism makes it sufficient enough to be added to PIxar's success in the animation universe.

Rating: 9 10
  31. Mar 19, 2014
    monsters inc is better then monsters university . how ? because its a monsterific animated film . A film by peter doctor who created toy story and wall-e .
  32. May 11, 2014
    One of my favourite movies ever and my most beloved movies when I was a kid. Mike is one of my favourite movie characters he is just so funny. There are so many memorable scenes in this movie from all the jokes and the door scenes in this movie were great. Amazing voice acting and story made this films one of my favourite and my favourite Pixar films to date.
  33. Sep 30, 2014
    I fell in love with Monster,Inc. the first time I saw it as a kid. It was the movie I got most excited for to watch, fast forward eleven years and I still get excited for it. This monster world is so different from what we know yet so interesting and fun. Their source of power comes from the screams of children which seems so very strange but in the context of this film, makes perfect sense. I am never forced to accept anything the film throws at me, I choose to accept them because they make sense.

Another important reason for why I love Monsters, Inc. is the characters. James P. Sullivan is our protagonist. He is very good at his job, known to many as the top Scarer in Monstropolis. Throughout this film, Sullivan's perspective on everything changes while his caring and comforting character grows stronger. His best friend and roommate, Mike Wazowski, is a funny and smart character who sometimes fails to see the obvious. He is full of energy and charisma, making it impossible for me to dislike him.

Apart from the characters and the beautiful chemistry they share, the story is very well written and enjoyable. It had some hilarious laugh out loud moments, but also some very sad ones. The 3-D is okay, but seems non-existent at times.
    Anyone who hasn't seen this movie yet must do so, and those who have should go back and revisit it. It's the well written story, the colorful characters and the heart this film carries that makes it such a timeless classic.
  34. Oct 19, 2014
    The Academy Award-winning creators of "Toy Story" open the door to a frightfully funny world of monsters and mayhem and scare up lots of laughs in their new movie, Monsters, Inc.

Marvels of animation abound in Monsters, Inc. -- when it comes to irreverent humor and real heart, Monsters doesn't quite measure up.
    Confirms that despite all the technical tools at their disposal, one thing counts head and shoulders above razzle-dazzle eye candy (or anything else, for that matter): the story and characters, and Monsters, Inc. introduces worthy additions to the Pixar pantheon.
  3. But Monsters, Inc. -- directed by Pixar soldier Pete Docter, not by master digital comic John Lasseter -- turns out to be stingy on context, commentary, and the prism-ing view of pop culture that made the earlier films mint.