7.8

1. Oct 30, 2015
    As much I loved Monsterc Inc. , I couldn't enjoy this prequel at all. Maybe it's entertaining for babies, I don't know, but the plot was non-existent and I could not find a single truly funny joke either. It's one of those movie which were obviously only created because the first one was a success and they wanted to make more money despite the fact that they did not have a single idea forAs much I loved Monsterc Inc. , I couldn't enjoy this prequel at all. Maybe it's entertaining for babies, I don't know, but the plot was non-existent and I could not find a single truly funny joke either. It's one of those movie which were obviously only created because the first one was a success and they wanted to make more money despite the fact that they did not have a single idea for a new movie. Don't watch this just because you liked the first one, you probably won't like this one. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    The movie should have been called "A couple of losers in the University"
    And the moral for kids is: Don't waste your time studying. You can be a "successful loser".
  3. Jun 30, 2013
    This felt like more of a cash grab then an actual movie. The message for kids was rather lame. Certainly not in the league of Up! Or Brave. It wasn't really bad, just meh.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    Nothing exciting here to be found. This movie could have been a movie for the record books but falls way to short. Nothing close to the 1st movie. Wait to see it for free on tv.

1. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Jul 12, 2013
    Pixar falls back on the tried and tested in an entertaining caper that will be a surefire kid pleaser this summer. Old favourites are always welcome, but it would have been nice to see some more new ideas too.
  2. Reviewed by: Trevor Johnston
    Jul 12, 2013
    While Monsters University can’t claim outright originality, this is a far richer movie than most were expecting.
  3. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Jul 12, 2013
    The animation is photoreal – startlingly and mesmerisingly so. And the depth of feeling the tale of their friendship evokes is matched only by your incredulity, as you paw at your eyes six minutes later, that you are crying about two computer-generated umbrellas.