Monsters vs Aliens

6.9

1. anonymous
    May 31, 2009
    A complete mediocre film, if there is a power outage and your TV goes blank, don't worry the plot only gets worse. Characters are forgettable if not just plain stupid. Predicable in every way. Show it to 5-12 year olds, other then that don't waste your time, see a Pixar film, with REAL character development.
  2. GregT
    Apr 21, 2009
    I give this movie a 5; the number reflected because my name is to bring the average down to what I believe is an acceptable level. As such, an explanation is warranted: This film bored me, the voice actors lacked energy and resonance except for Seth Rogen who seemed to be in his element (albeit, his typecast one). They failed to capitalize on the great talents of Hugh Laurie, Stephen I give this movie a 5; the number reflected because my name is to bring the average down to what I believe is an acceptable level. As such, an explanation is warranted: This film bored me, the voice actors lacked energy and resonance except for Seth Rogen who seemed to be in his element (albeit, his typecast one). They failed to capitalize on the great talents of Hugh Laurie, Stephen Colbert, Kiefer Sutherland, and Rainn Wilson. Aside from those shortcomings, the writing was rote, clichéd, unfulfilling. I often found the film plodding, anguished, and totally unambitious despite what presentation may imply. The whole personal subplot of "Susie Q" (har har) is a write-off Expand
  3. M
    May 1, 2009
    I thought this movie could have been much better ,but as i expected the laughs were very cheap and the movie did not strike me as funny more of a waste of time i would not view this movie again.
  4. Dec 20, 2011
    This movie is visually appealing and sports a top-notch voice cast, but it's nothing more than a kids movie. With a bland storyline and kid-friendly humor, adults will most likely get bored and tired with it. 2/4 stars.
  5. May 3, 2014
    Monsters vs. Aliens is the worst animated film I've ever seen.
    This movie has amused me for nothing, and it made me laugh a single beat of the most comedians, then the humor of the three monsters is really an absurd ridiculousness , even worse of the supporting characters of Chicken Little, who at least could be laugh younger children .
    There isn't a solid storyline or that entertain and
    Monsters vs. Aliens is the worst animated film I've ever seen.
    There isn't a solid storyline or that entertain and distract from the nonsense that happen throughout the film , there is nothing good, even the animation as advanced , in my opinion, is a big drawback of the film, as well as the characters for fun and nothing too stereotypical , it's just a series of action scenes, is well made ​​, but too much for their own sake . The moral end is the most bland I've ever been proposed by an animated film, not because of the moral in itself, but more for the way it has been treated !
    I would never have expected from Dreamworks , the production house of SHREK , MEGAMIND and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON , the production of a film so bad and silly !
  6. WHOKNEW
    Mar 27, 2009
    Saw it this morning with my teenage niece and adult sister. Both my sister and I walked out feeling something was missing. Like the fun and cleverness from, say, something with so much less potential...like Bolt, or Meet the Robinsons. This movie is much more in the Madagascar league than in the far superior Pixar pics. I think focusing the whole thing on Susan, the giant woman a.k.a. Saw it this morning with my teenage niece and adult sister. Both my sister and I walked out feeling something was missing. Like the fun and cleverness from, say, something with so much less potential...like Bolt, or Meet the Robinsons. This movie is much more in the Madagascar league than in the far superior Pixar pics. I think focusing the whole thing on Susan, the giant woman a.k.a. Ginormica, was a mistake. To begin with, her character is about as engaging as a bad Reese Whitherspoon movie, which is saying a lot more than it deserves. It just should have been so much more fun, but it felt like a waste of money. Oh, and I totally agree with critics who feel the 3D was completely unnecessary. It didn't add anything to the film. Watch it on 2D and save your money, if you must. Expand
  7. kgm.
    Mar 28, 2009
    I saw this in regular 2-dimension, maybe it plays better in 3-D. it
  8. DanL
    Apr 6, 2009
    Dazzling to look at although marred slightly by the always inferior to Pixar animation that Dreamworks constantly churns out. Okay now we're done with the positives lets move on to why this is one of the worst films I've sat through in a while. If you're expecting anything close to, for example, The Incredibles or Toy Story in terms of plot, characters, script, humor, Dazzling to look at although marred slightly by the always inferior to Pixar animation that Dreamworks constantly churns out. Okay now we're done with the positives lets move on to why this is one of the worst films I've sat through in a while. If you're expecting anything close to, for example, The Incredibles or Toy Story in terms of plot, characters, script, humor, charm, originality etc. etc. be prepared to be disappointed, it fails miserably on all counts. The gags are wince inducingly weak and missed the mark time and again. The characters are flat, stereotypical and forgettable, particularly the villain of the film. The "plot" was so mind-numbingly cliched and predictable that I was fighting the urge to walk out of the cinema the whole time, something I've only done twice before in my life. This film will appeal to kids I'm sure but anyone over the age of 11 should avoid like the Bubonic plague. Collapse
  9. Anonymous
    Apr 9, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I wasted my time and money by taking some younger kids to this movie. They didn't enjoy it either. Horrible one-way plot, really crappy jokes and poor character development. Disgusts me.
  10. DanielV.
    Jul 18, 2009
    Oh em gee, I hated this movie. Bad story, extremely cliche. I also hated it when who ever that was, said, "Oh em gee"..... out loud.

1. There is a nice mix of action with tender moments -- especially among the misfit monsters
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A film of chuckles, smiles and light amusement rather than big laughs, galvanizing excitement and original invention.
    The grandeur of the effects--the honest-to-God spectacle of the thing--elevates Monsters vs. Aliens to something approaching art. It's not a masterpiece, but it's most certainly a milestone.