6.6

1. Feb 16, 2014
    Monsters vs. Aliens isn't the best of kids movies. I could go into the flaws with the story, the characters, and the dialogue, but I know that kids don't care about that kind of stuff. It's almost always about the eye candy, and this movie has it. Adults will be bored by this flick, but younger viewers will like it.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Monster Vs Aliens Vs Entertainment Value.
    The movie attempts many things at once but does a careful job in not biting off more than it can chew. The story is decent, and the characters all get enough screen time to develop their own persona. The entertainment value for kids will be high and for adults will be sheer boredom.
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    Personally, I really enjoyed this movie. It's far from perfect, story's a little cliched and a little underwhelming, characters aren't really used to the extent that they could be. That said, the animation is gorgeous, the voice acting top notch (mostly,) especially Reese Witherspoon & Seth Rogen. Susan is such a wonderful character: A very bland ordinary girl being thrust into a heroic role. Susan make you feel every moment and I found it to one of the more moving animated performances I have seen in a while. B.O.B. on the other hand is just goofy, funny, stupid as hell, yet incredibly likable. A real shame the other characters didn't live up to those standards.

Overall:
    Monsters vs Aliens is exactly what you would expect it to be: An animated parody of every old school horror movie. To be fair did anyone expect anything else after reading the title. For what it is, it is allot of fun and well worth watching, just don't be expecting Shakespeare.
  4. Jul 4, 2013
    Despite my likings to "Monsters vs. Aliens", I can only truly give the film its score for what it is. While the action does shine in the film (Golden Gate Bridge, as an example), the story is not too bad as well. The story isn't great though, and it feels like a conventional super-hero like approach, with just alot of characters being slabbed onto the screen to fight. The film is a bit familiar, but has enough diversity to be called original. Expand
  5. Apr 14, 2013
    Sadly, I expected this movie to be better than it was. It tends to have it's ups and downs. I mean, at times it was funny, then other times it was just plain stupid. Sometimes the storyline its self just didn't seem to work together. It (at times) goes in different directions. Even though the movie is short, its just lopsided. In terms of the characters, they didn't really interest me, especially B.O.B. Seth Rogen could have done better, like when he played Mort in "Horton Hears A Who." Aside from the negativity, there was some really good animation, especially in the action sequences. That's what really saves the movie. Overall, aside the animation and its ocassional decent humor, its just a slow-paced antimated movie strictly for kids. Expand
  6. Apr 6, 2013
    Monsters vs. Aliens is definitely one of if not the weakest film to come out of DreamWorks. But it does have some charm, decent characters, and a decent message that make it watchable. If you have kids take this movie to them because they will probably like it ok. However, if you are looking for a great animated film this is not it. While the film is not terrible, there is spectacular in it either. Not missing out on anything by sitting this one out I know I don’t feel like I missed anything by not seeing it in theaters. That being said if you have kids and your looking for something to rent on Netflix that’s fun and safe for the kids and something you can stomach ok this ones not a bad rent. It’s a cute movie that I saw once and will probably never see again. Expand
  7. Feb 12, 2012
    Not nearly as funny as it should be, but it is fantastically visually crafted and it is fun and action packed. So Monsters vs Aliens is an entertaining film to look at. I give this movie 74%.
  8. Dec 20, 2011
    This movie is visually appealing and sports a top-notch voice cast, but it's nothing more than a kids movie. With a bland storyline and kid-friendly humor, adults will most likely get bored and tired with it. 2/4 stars.
  9. Dec 2, 2011
    Monsters vs Aliens is a great cross between The Incredibles and Monsters Inc. Even if the jokes are occasionally weird, you can have a lot of fun with this computer-animated film.
  10. Oct 18, 2011
    The movie just manages a 7. I think it's a movie that can only be watched a few times before it becomes boring, mainly due to the plot and storyline. The animation is good, and it's a great one for the kids. The characters are funny and the movie was well done. There are some good funny moments and it's a good family movie.
  11. Oct 9, 2011
    Occasionally funny at times, but ultimately "Monsters vs. Aliens" is your average road-to-hero Dream works animation movie.
  12. Sep 3, 2011
    This movie is both pathetic and worn out. It manages to writhe a few laughs out of me, but they're all sporadic and spontaneous, as if the movie had to go entirely out of its way to make me laugh--which is what it was doing. An overall bland experience, this movie felt like chewing a sweaty sock. It's surprising and slightly intriguing in the beginning half, but it maintains its distastefulness throughout its entirety. Expand
  13. Jun 15, 2011
    Look, the sizing was all wrong. She was the same size in the hall before and after she got the quatonium got extracted. Other than that is was good.
  14. Feb 15, 2011
    This movie is good for kids, but adults will be bored, the plot isn't all that great and the characters are ok, but there perfectly good for a kids movie, all in all I would recommend this for a rental, but don't expect much of a reason to watch it again.
  15. Jan 4, 2011
    It's in my opinion one of the best children movies I watched. The humour wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  16. Oct 18, 2010
    wow. its like they knew Dreamworks Animation is gonna keep on making some good movies. they, on the other hand, made this one and thank god it didn't sucked just like Shark Tale and Bee Movie did. so, what about it? well, it wasn't the best and it wasn't perfect, but it had enough humor and special effects to impress kids and their families while watching this CGI treat.
  17. Sep 15, 2010
    While not the best from DreamWorks, and it may not be Pixar, it's still a good movie regardless. As a Stephen Colbert fan, I was very excited to see him as the president, something he actually tried to achieve!
  18. Sep 9, 2010
    great plot,great characters,and great setting!
  19. Aug 14, 2010
    Whats wrong with these critics? This movie is awesome!! The plot is original, the cast is great, the 3-D animation is wonderful, and the script is hilarious!! Dreamworks does it again!!

1. There is a nice mix of action with tender moments -- especially among the misfit monsters
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A film of chuckles, smiles and light amusement rather than big laughs, galvanizing excitement and original invention.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    The grandeur of the effects--the honest-to-God spectacle of the thing--elevates Monsters vs. Aliens to something approaching art. It's not a masterpiece, but it's most certainly a milestone.