Monsters vs Aliens

6.9

1. GavinC.
    Oct 11, 2009
    Although occasionally coming up with a spark of enjoyment, M vs A's plot is bland and the laughs it inspires are almost always forced.
  2. lucas
    Apr 3, 2009
    It's like a Pixar feature, witout the clever writing, memorable characters, skillful action sequences, memorable voice talent, or the sense of awe.
  3. Sep 9, 2010
    great plot,great characters,and great setting!
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    Not nearly as funny as it should be, but it is fantastically visually crafted and it is fun and action packed. So Monsters vs Aliens is an entertaining film to look at. I give this movie 74%.
  5. Nov 7, 2013
    Personally, I really enjoyed this movie. It's far from perfect, story's a little cliched and a little underwhelming, characters aren't really used to the extent that they could be. That said, the animation is gorgeous, the voice acting top notch (mostly,) especially Reese Witherspoon & Seth Rogen. Susan is such a wonderful character: A very bland ordinary girl being thrust into a heroicPersonally, I really enjoyed this movie. It's far from perfect, story's a little cliched and a little underwhelming, characters aren't really used to the extent that they could be. That said, the animation is gorgeous, the voice acting top notch (mostly,) especially Reese Witherspoon & Seth Rogen. Susan is such a wonderful character: A very bland ordinary girl being thrust into a heroic role. Susan make you feel every moment and I found it to one of the more moving animated performances I have seen in a while. B.O.B. on the other hand is just goofy, funny, stupid as hell, yet incredibly likable. A real shame the other characters didn't live up to those standards.

Overall:
    Monsters vs Aliens is exactly what you would expect it to be: An animated parody of every old school horror movie. To be fair did anyone expect anything else after reading the title. For what it is, it is allot of fun and well worth watching, just don't be expecting Shakespeare.
  6. Oct 9, 2011
    Occasionally funny at times, but ultimately "Monsters vs. Aliens" is your average road-to-hero Dream works animation movie.
  7. Feb 15, 2011
    This movie is good for kids, but adults will be bored, the plot isn't all that great and the characters are ok, but there perfectly good for a kids movie, all in all I would recommend this for a rental, but don't expect much of a reason to watch it again.
  8. anonymous
    May 31, 2009
    A complete mediocre film, if there is a power outage and your TV goes blank, don't worry the plot only gets worse. Characters are forgettable if not just plain stupid. Predicable in every way. Show it to 5-12 year olds, other then that don't waste your time, see a Pixar film, with REAL character development.
  9. GregT
    Apr 21, 2009
    I give this movie a 5; the number reflected because my name is to bring the average down to what I believe is an acceptable level. As such, an explanation is warranted: This film bored me, the voice actors lacked energy and resonance except for Seth Rogen who seemed to be in his element (albeit, his typecast one). They failed to capitalize on the great talents of Hugh Laurie, Stephen I give this movie a 5; the number reflected because my name is to bring the average down to what I believe is an acceptable level. As such, an explanation is warranted: This film bored me, the voice actors lacked energy and resonance except for Seth Rogen who seemed to be in his element (albeit, his typecast one). They failed to capitalize on the great talents of Hugh Laurie, Stephen Colbert, Kiefer Sutherland, and Rainn Wilson. Aside from those shortcomings, the writing was rote, clichéd, unfulfilling. I often found the film plodding, anguished, and totally unambitious despite what presentation may imply. The whole personal subplot of "Susie Q" (har har) is a write-off Expand
  10. M
    May 1, 2009
    I thought this movie could have been much better ,but as i expected the laughs were very cheap and the movie did not strike me as funny more of a waste of time i would not view this movie again.
  11. Jun 15, 2011
    Look, the sizing was all wrong. She was the same size in the hall before and after she got the quatonium got extracted. Other than that is was good.
  12. Sep 3, 2011
    This movie is both pathetic and worn out. It manages to writhe a few laughs out of me, but they're all sporadic and spontaneous, as if the movie had to go entirely out of its way to make me laugh--which is what it was doing. An overall bland experience, this movie felt like chewing a sweaty sock. It's surprising and slightly intriguing in the beginning half, but it maintains itsThis movie is both pathetic and worn out. It manages to writhe a few laughs out of me, but they're all sporadic and spontaneous, as if the movie had to go entirely out of its way to make me laugh--which is what it was doing. An overall bland experience, this movie felt like chewing a sweaty sock. It's surprising and slightly intriguing in the beginning half, but it maintains its distastefulness throughout its entirety. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2011
    This movie is visually appealing and sports a top-notch voice cast, but it's nothing more than a kids movie. With a bland storyline and kid-friendly humor, adults will most likely get bored and tired with it. 2/4 stars.
  14. Apr 14, 2013
    Sadly, I expected this movie to be better than it was. It tends to have it's ups and downs. I mean, at times it was funny, then other times it was just plain stupid. Sometimes the storyline its self just didn't seem to work together. It (at times) goes in different directions. Even though the movie is short, its just lopsided. In terms of the characters, they didn't really interest me,Sadly, I expected this movie to be better than it was. It tends to have it's ups and downs. I mean, at times it was funny, then other times it was just plain stupid. Sometimes the storyline its self just didn't seem to work together. It (at times) goes in different directions. Even though the movie is short, its just lopsided. In terms of the characters, they didn't really interest me, especially B.O.B. Seth Rogen could have done better, like when he played Mort in "Horton Hears A Who." Aside from the negativity, there was some really good animation, especially in the action sequences. That's what really saves the movie. Overall, aside the animation and its ocassional decent humor, its just a slow-paced antimated movie strictly for kids. Expand
  15. May 3, 2014
    Monsters vs. Aliens is the worst animated film I've ever seen.
    This movie has amused me for nothing, and it made me laugh a single beat of the most comedians, then the humor of the three monsters is really an absurd ridiculousness , even worse of the supporting characters of Chicken Little, who at least could be laugh younger children .
    There isn't a solid storyline or that entertain and
    Monsters vs. Aliens is the worst animated film I've ever seen.
    There isn't a solid storyline or that entertain and distract from the nonsense that happen throughout the film , there is nothing good, even the animation as advanced , in my opinion, is a big drawback of the film, as well as the characters for fun and nothing too stereotypical , it's just a series of action scenes, is well made ​​, but too much for their own sake . The moral end is the most bland I've ever been proposed by an animated film, not because of the moral in itself, but more for the way it has been treated !
    I would never have expected from Dreamworks , the production house of SHREK , MEGAMIND and HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON , the production of a film so bad and silly !
  16. WHOKNEW
    Mar 27, 2009
    Saw it this morning with my teenage niece and adult sister. Both my sister and I walked out feeling something was missing. Like the fun and cleverness from, say, something with so much less potential...like Bolt, or Meet the Robinsons. This movie is much more in the Madagascar league than in the far superior Pixar pics. I think focusing the whole thing on Susan, the giant woman a.k.a. Saw it this morning with my teenage niece and adult sister. Both my sister and I walked out feeling something was missing. Like the fun and cleverness from, say, something with so much less potential...like Bolt, or Meet the Robinsons. This movie is much more in the Madagascar league than in the far superior Pixar pics. I think focusing the whole thing on Susan, the giant woman a.k.a. Ginormica, was a mistake. To begin with, her character is about as engaging as a bad Reese Whitherspoon movie, which is saying a lot more than it deserves. It just should have been so much more fun, but it felt like a waste of money. Oh, and I totally agree with critics who feel the 3D was completely unnecessary. It didn't add anything to the film. Watch it on 2D and save your money, if you must. Expand
  17. KeithC
    Mar 27, 2009
    The humor was good and topical (a lot of sci-fi based jokes), good animation, an interesting story line and music that was space based (B52s Planet Claire, One Eyed Purple People Eater, Axle F). The group of people I saw it with are going back to see it in 3D. MUCH better than most people are giving it as a review. WORTH the ticket price.
  18. AndrewR
    Mar 27, 2009
    It was fine not great but not bad either. Good for kids.
  19. chrisr
    Mar 28, 2009
    This movie was very fun, entertaining and funny. They didn't go over the top with the 3-D which was really nice to see. Great movie!
  20. blahblah
    Mar 28, 2009
    It's not Wall-E, but it's a fairly good movie. Some parts were hilarious. I enjoyed the references to other movies. If you're going to see a movie, this wouldn't be a bad choice.
  21. MichaelK.
    Mar 28, 2009
    Tiresome display of elementary knowledge of old SF movies, with a script which doesn't make sense. I saw it in 2-D. According to some reviewers, it looks better in 2-D than 3-D.
  22. kgm.
    I saw this in regular 2-dimension, maybe it plays better in 3-D. it
  23. ChadS.
    Mar 28, 2009
    "So how's the weather up there?" Thanks to a little divine intervention, Susan(Reese Witherspoon) knows. There's no need for the exponentially growing bride to ask her weatherman fiance anymore. "Girl power" takes the form of extreme gigantism in "Monsters vs. Aliens", an animated sci-fi actioneer that seems largely unaware about the fundamental problem of its basic premise. "So how's the weather up there?" Thanks to a little divine intervention, Susan(Reese Witherspoon) knows. There's no need for the exponentially growing bride to ask her weatherman fiance anymore. "Girl power" takes the form of extreme gigantism in "Monsters vs. Aliens", an animated sci-fi actioneer that seems largely unaware about the fundamental problem of its basic premise. While the unwieldy spurt in growth at the outset helps Susan redefine herself as an independent-minded woman, who is too big for Derek(Paul Rudd), and too big for Fresno(as the film states, only the fifty-fith largest news market in America), the accidental superhero's colossalism will ultimately handicap the jilted bride in the long run. After losing her quantonium during the alien invasion, fighting on the monsters' side, she declares, "I don't want my old life back," and recovers her quantonium, and most likely, her self-esteem. The film's message of female empowerment gets lost in semantics since Susan battles Gallaxhar(Rainn Wilson) as a monster, as Ginormica, instead of as a mere woman. Susan's mutant friends, previously scorned by the human sector for their otherness, enact a change in the connotation behind the term "monster", when they're hailed as conquering heroes for turning back the plot against earth. But at the end of the day, no matter how you slice it, Susan is still the "other", not a woman, an evolved woman, a monster. She's something that men fear, not respect. Derek should respect Susan. Expand
  24. JamesM
    Mar 29, 2009
    This movie was a great movie for the whole family the best characters I liked were Bob, and Link.
  25. TDKinDallas
    Mar 29, 2009
    Surprisingly good. It could have been a lot better, but it was a lot better than I was expecting. 3D effects were amazing and I am not sure, but I thing the adults in the audience enjoyed it more than the kids. Definitely see it in 3D if you are not sure whether you want to pay the extra few bucks.
  26. AdriT
    Mar 29, 2009
    Fun movie for the family, a few nods to the adults with various references of older movies. I'm not sure though if paying extra for the 3D was worth it. Not enough of it in my opinion.
  27. NickS
    Mar 30, 2009
    Saw the advance screening of this on Saturday and loved it! Me and my friends were laughing the whole way through, defenitly one of the best animated films in a while. Sure, the 3D did'nt add that much, but it was the great lines (especially BOB's) that made the movie for me.
  28. MattL
    Mar 30, 2009
    I honestly can't believe the mixed reviews Monsters vs. Aliens is getting. I saw the 2-D version, so I can't speak to the 3-D aspects, but the 2-D version was excellent in every sense of the word: great story, characters, animation, voice work, and everything else. It was a joy to watch -and I'm 23 (and fancy myself a movie snob). My only gripe is that it should've I honestly can't believe the mixed reviews Monsters vs. Aliens is getting. I saw the 2-D version, so I can't speak to the 3-D aspects, but the 2-D version was excellent in every sense of the word: great story, characters, animation, voice work, and everything else. It was a joy to watch -and I'm 23 (and fancy myself a movie snob). My only gripe is that it should've been called Monsters vs. an Alien and Robots and Clones...ok, maybe not that. But still, go see this movie, with or without kids. Expand
  29. Jacob
    Mar 30, 2009
    This movie was extremely entertaining. I loved all of the references to old sci-fi and laughed obnoxiously the whole way through.
  30. LouisM
    Mar 31, 2009
    It is important to say that the film is not all original (Story, jokes...). But it's still a lot of pleasure to watch. I laughed the whole way through. The president was god damn funny, and so was pretty much all the secondary characters. Textures are really detailed, although I don't like the human characters appearance (Kinda reminds me of some manga), the modeling was well It is important to say that the film is not all original (Story, jokes...). But it's still a lot of pleasure to watch. I laughed the whole way through. The president was god damn funny, and so was pretty much all the secondary characters. Textures are really detailed, although I don't like the human characters appearance (Kinda reminds me of some manga), the modeling was well made. Anyhow... I'm giving this movie a 10 because it deserves more then the two numbers that are written at the top of this page. Expand
  31. HyperS
    Apr 2, 2009
    No really spontaneous laugh out loud moments for me... a lot of the jokes were pretty amateurish and some carried on way too long (i.e. Screaming every time a monster is introduced or the jokes involving BOB's short-term memory), but I did smile a few times in the "monster wreaks havoc scenes" at the Golden Gate Bridge and the city destruction scene and with regards to the Alien No really spontaneous laugh out loud moments for me... a lot of the jokes were pretty amateurish and some carried on way too long (i.e. Screaming every time a monster is introduced or the jokes involving BOB's short-term memory), but I did smile a few times in the "monster wreaks havoc scenes" at the Golden Gate Bridge and the city destruction scene and with regards to the Alien Robot/Aliens. Its a well animated film and fairly quick paced... has its moments so worth a watch. Expand
  32. ColinC
    Apr 5, 2009
    Really more of a 6.5. Should have waited for the dvd, but oh well. Pixar it ain't. Story was okay, but a lot of the jokes fell flat. And I never really find myself caring that much about the characters. I saw it in the theatre because I wanted to see it in 3D, but even that was disappointing. I was expecting things to be jumping out at me more, you know, but the 3D effect was Really more of a 6.5. Should have waited for the dvd, but oh well. Pixar it ain't. Story was okay, but a lot of the jokes fell flat. And I never really find myself caring that much about the characters. I saw it in the theatre because I wanted to see it in 3D, but even that was disappointing. I was expecting things to be jumping out at me more, you know, but the 3D effect was primarily giving depth to the image, like looking through a window. Not bad, but honestly, after five minutes, you don't really see it any more and there's only the story left to move you forward. In this case, while not terrible, definitely not worth the trip (and money) to go to the theatre. I might try the 3D thing again, but only if it's a move I really, really want to see. Expand
  33. DanL
    Apr 6, 2009
    Dazzling to look at although marred slightly by the always inferior to Pixar animation that Dreamworks constantly churns out. Okay now we're done with the positives lets move on to why this is one of the worst films I've sat through in a while. If you're expecting anything close to, for example, The Incredibles or Toy Story in terms of plot, characters, script, humor, Dazzling to look at although marred slightly by the always inferior to Pixar animation that Dreamworks constantly churns out. Okay now we're done with the positives lets move on to why this is one of the worst films I've sat through in a while. If you're expecting anything close to, for example, The Incredibles or Toy Story in terms of plot, characters, script, humor, charm, originality etc. etc. be prepared to be disappointed, it fails miserably on all counts. The gags are wince inducingly weak and missed the mark time and again. The characters are flat, stereotypical and forgettable, particularly the villain of the film. The "plot" was so mind-numbingly cliched and predictable that I was fighting the urge to walk out of the cinema the whole time, something I've only done twice before in my life. This film will appeal to kids I'm sure but anyone over the age of 11 should avoid like the Bubonic plague. Expand
  34. HectorA
    Apr 8, 2009
    We saw it in 2-D. My young daughter liked it, and my friend liked it, and I thought the cinematics were great, but many of the jokes and punchlines were cliche, flat or predictable. This is a movie I enjoyed taking my daughter to, and I did enjoy the visuals, but I wouldn't care to sit through this movie again.
  35. EssiS.
    Apr 9, 2009
    3D was awesome and the I liked the voice cast, but the script wasn't very good and it was a little bit boring. No point in seeing this anywhere else than in 3D cinemas.
  36. Anonymous
    Apr 9, 2009
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I wasted my time and money by taking some younger kids to this movie. They didn't enjoy it either. Horrible one-way plot, really crappy jokes and poor character development. Disgusts me.
  37. NathanG
    Apr 11, 2009
    I really liked it (I didn't see the 3D version, just to note). I enjoyed the jokes a lot, and I thought Rogan did a great job as the blob. Colbert was an awesome president as well. It isn't an epic adventure (like WALL-E), nor is it a benchmark in storytelling or animated movies (like Shrek), but it is quite entertaining, so if you enjoy these types of film, I'd recommend I really liked it (I didn't see the 3D version, just to note). I enjoyed the jokes a lot, and I thought Rogan did a great job as the blob. Colbert was an awesome president as well. It isn't an epic adventure (like WALL-E), nor is it a benchmark in storytelling or animated movies (like Shrek), but it is quite entertaining, so if you enjoy these types of film, I'd recommend seeing it. Collapse
  38. BillP
    Apr 12, 2009
    Hey! I was entertained. I enjoyed the references to the old horror movies and monster movies of the 50s. I saw it in 2D and was impressed by the details in the animation. Susan's skin texture almost had a photographic quality. Animation has come a long way in the last two decades. Go see this movie and escape for awhile. Enjoy a few chuckles. It is definitely worth your time and money.
  39. PeterPan
    Apr 12, 2009
    Just came back from the cinema and watched this movie with my son in 3D. How much fun was this ... Great movie, very funny at times and the 3D system is nicely implemented. Would definitely recommend watching it.
  40. CH
    Apr 12, 2009
    I loved this movie. It is great and the old sci-fi humor was greatly executed and BOB was very awesome (as so is his voice). You really get along with the characters throughout the movie and I liked the powers that all the monsters possessed. It is a much watch for all ages!
  41. MP
    Apr 14, 2009
    The humor in the movie feels guilty, as the parody of the monsters and aliens is not where the humor comes from; it's from innuendo and other crude antics. But then again, I wasn't disappointed with it. It was exactly what I expected from Dreamworks.
  42. GregH
    Apr 15, 2009
    Although the cliches were SUPPOSED to be cliches, the crisp animation made up for the corny jokes. Besides, this movie is fun. It's not the best animated movie I've seen, but it was packed with a lot of messages which I think many people will catch. All in all, a rather enjoyable movie.
  43. JayK
    Apr 17, 2009
    This is one of the best cartoon movies I've seen in a while. Great characters, major action sequences and, dare I say it, LOL moments throughout. It's major drawback, however, is that they showed the majority of the funny parts on the trailers and adverts..
  44. StephenG
    Apr 18, 2009
    This isn't the animated movie I've ever seen, but the humor and special effects were some of the best I've seen in a animated film.
  45. JoeS
    Apr 18, 2009
    Not an instant classic, but definitely worth seeing if you're tired of rerun action movies. It was a nice afternoon diversion with a good warmhearted feel to it.
  46. SaraS
    May 1, 2009
    This was just a fun, light movie that I really liked watching.
  47. jasminec
    May 17, 2009
    It was a good movie with great entertainment and humor.It had it's good and bad parts but it was mostly a funny movie.I really liked the animation in it and was almost life-like with Susan's freckles.And I would know since I have a few thousand myself.But my total compliment is that it was good.
  48. DavidT
    May 22, 2009
    Loved it. Great movie to take the kids to, and I wasn't bored watching it either.
  49. DanielV.
    Jul 18, 2009
    Oh em gee, I hated this movie. Bad story, extremely cliche. I also hated it when who ever that was, said, "Oh em gee"..... out loud.
  50. EvinC
    Aug 12, 2009
    Boring but Seth Rogen's two whole lines are funny.
  51. JayH
    Sep 24, 2009
    Great fun, highly entertaining. Beautifully animated, and wonderfully imaginative. Children and adults with both be entertained. Simple and sweet, as well as a good message.
  52. JT
    Oct 3, 2009
    With such a funny cast, it's surprising that the laughs in this film are minimal. I doubt even children would enjoy this movie.
  53. KeithP
    Oct 5, 2009
    I like Monsters vs Aliens. This movie is hilarious. I give it an A+.
  54. bayc.
    Oct 22, 2009
    This MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!Best animated movie of the YEAR don't pay attention to the critics who gave it a bad grade,They don't have a clue what they're talking about.
  55. Aug 14, 2010
    Whats wrong with these critics? This movie is awesome!! The plot is original, the cast is great, the 3-D animation is wonderful, and the script is hilarious!! Dreamworks does it again!!
  56. Sep 15, 2010
    While not the best from DreamWorks, and it may not be Pixar, it's still a good movie regardless. As a Stephen Colbert fan, I was very excited to see him as the president, something he actually tried to achieve!
  57. Oct 18, 2010
    wow. its like they knew Dreamworks Animation is gonna keep on making some good movies. they, on the other hand, made this one and thank god it didn't sucked just like Shark Tale and Bee Movie did. so, what about it? well, it wasn't the best and it wasn't perfect, but it had enough humor and special effects to impress kids and their families while watching this CGI treat.
  58. Jan 4, 2011
    It's in my opinion one of the best children movies I watched. The humour wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
  59. Oct 18, 2011
    The movie just manages a 7. I think it's a movie that can only be watched a few times before it becomes boring, mainly due to the plot and storyline. The animation is good, and it's a great one for the kids. The characters are funny and the movie was well done. There are some good funny moments and it's a good family movie.
  60. Dec 2, 2011
    Monsters vs Aliens is a great cross between The Incredibles and Monsters Inc. Even if the jokes are occasionally weird, you can have a lot of fun with this computer-animated film.
  61. Apr 6, 2013
    Monsters vs. Aliens is definitely one of if not the weakest film to come out of DreamWorks. But it does have some charm, decent characters, and a decent message that make it watchable. If you have kids take this movie to them because they will probably like it ok. However, if you are looking for a great animated film this is not it. While the film is not terrible, there is spectacular inMonsters vs. Aliens is definitely one of if not the weakest film to come out of DreamWorks. But it does have some charm, decent characters, and a decent message that make it watchable. If you have kids take this movie to them because they will probably like it ok. However, if you are looking for a great animated film this is not it. While the film is not terrible, there is spectacular in it either. Not missing out on anything by sitting this one out I know I don’t feel like I missed anything by not seeing it in theaters. That being said if you have kids and your looking for something to rent on Netflix that’s fun and safe for the kids and something you can stomach ok this ones not a bad rent. It’s a cute movie that I saw once and will probably never see again. Expand
  62. Jul 4, 2013
    Despite my likings to "Monsters vs. Aliens", I can only truly give the film its score for what it is. While the action does shine in the film (Golden Gate Bridge, as an example), the story is not too bad as well. The story isn't great though, and it feels like a conventional super-hero like approach, with just alot of characters being slabbed onto the screen to fight. The film is a bitDespite my likings to "Monsters vs. Aliens", I can only truly give the film its score for what it is. While the action does shine in the film (Golden Gate Bridge, as an example), the story is not too bad as well. The story isn't great though, and it feels like a conventional super-hero like approach, with just alot of characters being slabbed onto the screen to fight. The film is a bit familiar, but has enough diversity to be called original. Expand
  63. Nov 16, 2013
    Monster Vs Aliens Vs Entertainment Value.
    The movie attempts many things at once but does a careful job in not biting off more than it can chew. The story is decent, and the characters all get enough screen time to develop their own persona. The entertainment value for kids will be high and for adults will be sheer boredom.
  64. Feb 16, 2014
    Monsters vs. Aliens isn't the best of kids movies. I could go into the flaws with the story, the characters, and the dialogue, but I know that kids don't care about that kind of stuff. It's almost always about the eye candy, and this movie has it. Adults will be bored by this flick, but younger viewers will like it.
  65. Jul 23, 2014
    An average kids movie, nothing more. The nonsensical plot is dull and by the end of the movie becomes unfunny. Dreamworks ultimately fails to match up to Pixar. The movie is formulaic, and, like I said already, is just an average hero kids movie. The characters are interesting, but there is no real chemistry between them. Good for kids, not for adults.
  66. Aug 12, 2014
    Very pleasantly surprised by this film. Outstanding graphics, particularly showing the difference in size, several lough out loud moments and a surprising plot made this a treat to watch. It wasn't perfect,although Susan was a very endearing character the other monsters were quite forgettable. The president and evils alien overlord were great however. I certainly recommend giving up anVery pleasantly surprised by this film. Outstanding graphics, particularly showing the difference in size, several lough out loud moments and a surprising plot made this a treat to watch. It wasn't perfect,although Susan was a very endearing character the other monsters were quite forgettable. The president and evils alien overlord were great however. I certainly recommend giving up an hour or so of your time to watch this film. Shame there won't be a sequel. Expand
  67. Oct 13, 2014
    It's nothing special or new, but I have to admit a lot of the fight scenes are badass. The character designs are appealing to look at, although the story is the weakest part as it doesn't feel strong enough for the whole film.
  68. Dec 5, 2014
    I usually dislike animated films but this is a wonderful story of willpower, strength and friendship. An innocent pretty girl in the middle of her wedding suddenly saw destroyed all of her plans for an idealistic future after an accident who made her an feared giant, but trough the story she will learn how valuable she can be, increasing her self esteem encouraging her to take her own wayI usually dislike animated films but this is a wonderful story of willpower, strength and friendship. An innocent pretty girl in the middle of her wedding suddenly saw destroyed all of her plans for an idealistic future after an accident who made her an feared giant, but trough the story she will learn how valuable she can be, increasing her self esteem encouraging her to take her own way in a new amazing style of life. Expand
  69. Mar 9, 2015
    Spectacular.One of the best Dreamworks movies,with a spectacular cast,with a great story and great characters.One of the best movie of 2009.Great.Great.
  70. Mar 29, 2015
    Hilarious and smart, but could've had a better and more interesting story. The characters were well thought out and cool. The plot was kind of worthless and disappointing. The animation was good, but ive seen better. The comedy was very funny, I laughed a lot.

1. There is a nice mix of action with tender moments -- especially among the misfit monsters
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A film of chuckles, smiles and light amusement rather than big laughs, galvanizing excitement and original invention.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    The grandeur of the effects--the honest-to-God spectacle of the thing--elevates Monsters vs. Aliens to something approaching art. It's not a masterpiece, but it's most certainly a milestone.