3.3

1. Sep 21, 2010
    Its absoloutly horrible. In fact it's so bad... its funny and entertaining. I would give it a 0 if I didn't spend the whole movie laughing. I'm really torn between giving it a zero for sucking and a six for making me laugh so hard. I think I'll flip a coin.
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" is just terrible. It's like watching a PG-13 version of sesame street, where they all fight with poor effects rather than to talk out. Don't, just don't waste your time on this.
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    Horrible,just horrible,as a MK fan i should give this movie a o...............................
    but the music is good and its kinda cool to see the all the characters in a movie!
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    Beyond awful. Crap acting, script, effects, and action. Everything in this movie fails. One of the worst films I've every seen. Awful, awful, awful, awful!
  5. j30
    Feb 13, 2012
    The first Mortal Kombat movie made a lot of money, why not make another one? Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is exactly why you don't make another one.
  6. Oct 12, 2012
    With no Paul W.S. Anderson and no returning cast (just Robin Shou), I watched Annihilation and I think it's one of the worst video game movies or sequels I've ever saw. New Line just subsequently alienated the sequel into a circus filled with bad acting, a terrible script, and a useful excuse of putting my favorite characters from Mortal Kombat II (Kitana and Mileena) into nothing but prostitutes. Don't buy it, matter of fact, don't rent it on Blu-Ray. I should really stick to the original Kombat and maybe soon Warner Bros. could find a way to reboot the Mortal Kombat franchise and turn it into an R-rated format because the game series is rated M for Mature, so why not bring on the fatalities. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2011
    this is a terrible movie so much that the actor that plays as johnny cage told his agent to kill him off thats how bad this movie is its hard to believe that they could make a crap version of mortal kombat 1 its like throwing up on a polished turd the only reason i give this movie a one cause its a whole lot of fun to make cracks at this movie and to see how not to make a movie.
  8. Mar 1, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the worst sequels ever to be released in theaters, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation literally Destroyed All Expectations, the plot makes no sense, and they literally tried to cram inIn almost every single one of the characters from both the games Mortal Kombat II and MK3 without giving them sufficient screen-time nor development, aside from that, the film suffers from bad recasting and acting, lackluster fight scenes, cheap production values, and some of the worst CGI ever to assault cinema screens. My advice: stick to the original, and avoid this at all cost. Collapse
  9. Feb 13, 2013
    While I do give this movie some credit for trying to remain loyal to the games, it kind of get lost in trying to do too much and not doing anything significant to explain a thing to the audience. Even a die-hard MK fan as myself had to go WTF when watch this movie. Overall: An extremely poor example of a movie that just seems to be there to milk the franchise for all its worth. Not to mention the extremely BAD "acting." Almost makes the Street Fighter movie look like Shakespeare. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

1. The movie is nothing more than a perpetual chain of elaborately choreographed (by returning star Robin Shou) fight sequences that mix live-action foregrounds with complexly layered digital effects and are linked together by the most flimsy and laughable of plot elements.
    This film has no story, no characters, and no coherence.
  3. Its dazzling special effects make its combatants flip and fly, spin and soar, all the while punching and kicking each other like jackhammers, only to leave viewers utterly unmoved.