8.2

1. Mar 2, 2011
    Best video game movie ever! I feel this is the only movie where the filmmakers actually respected the video game source material. I've watched this movie many times as a kid, and I always shout "MORTAL KOMBAT!" whenever I feel like it.
  2. Jan 1, 2011
    I noticed this movie has no bad reviews and I couldn't agree more. This movie today is still in my top ten and Is the best video game adaptation to date. The presentation was flawless and the acting was very impressive. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    This is by far the best video game movie ever made!
    The plot is enjoyable,the fighting is awesome,the acting is good a little cheesy but good.Every fan of MK will be pleased with this movie!
  4. Sep 23, 2013
    Mortal Kombat is still to this day the greatest video game-to-movie adaptation yet! The story follows the first game pretty well, the locations, actors, special effects and stunts were all amazing for its time. Hard to believe the movies almost 20 years old.
  5. Mar 1, 2012
    4 years since my first review on this movie, and still the best video game movie ever made, Mortal Kombat is what a fighting game movie should be; faithful to the game with a group of well-choreographed fight scenes and spot-on casting that resembles the characters very well, plus, the overall concept is cool, the plot is well-paced, the actors do a great job (especially Robin Shou and4 years since my first review on this movie, and still the best video game movie ever made, Mortal Kombat is what a fighting game movie should be; faithful to the game with a group of well-choreographed fight scenes and spot-on casting that resembles the characters very well, plus, the overall concept is cool, the plot is well-paced, the actors do a great job (especially Robin Shou and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa), the cinematography and set designs are wonderful, and for a film released in 1995, the special fx are actually nice to look at, I easily recommend this film to any hardcore gamer (especially those who are fans of the MK franchise). Expand
  6. Jan 30, 2015
    Unlike it's sequel, this movies plot is respectable. The fight scenes are better than its sequel and the special effects are great for its age. If you are a fan of action movies, this is a must have. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It is, in essence, the video game transferred part and parcel to the screen, and very well at that.
  2. Reviewed by: Laura Evenson
    Mortal Kombat the movie has everything a teenage boy could want: snakes that jut out of a villain's palms, acrobatic kung- fu fighting and a couple of battling babes. Everything, that is, but an interesting plot, decent dialogue and compelling acting
  3. The movie's extensive martial arts sequences, in which combatants bounce off each other doing triple handsprings, suggest a slightly more earthbound version of the aerial ballets in Hong Kong action-adventure films.