8.7

1. JulieG.
    Jan 5, 2002
    This movie has changed my life! The singing to each other is so heartfelt and beautiful and what stunning voices the pair have absolutley 10 out of 10!
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie was really great fun in my opinion. I hardly ever rate movies 10 out of 10, so this must be something. The music is great, the dialogue is very well written, the acting is fabulous, and the movie overall is spectacular spectacular. If you like musicals, this is for you.
  3. Apr 27, 2014
    This is my all-time favourite movie! I adore the fact that the whole movie is set around a love that can't really exist (kind of like Romeo and Juliet, i guess.) However, the songs are beautiful, the actors are amazing and the sets, scenery and colours of the film are really luxurious. The theme is such a refreshing change, all about the Bohemian revolution and their beliefs of beauty,This is my all-time favourite movie! I adore the fact that the whole movie is set around a love that can't really exist (kind of like Romeo and Juliet, i guess.) However, the songs are beautiful, the actors are amazing and the sets, scenery and colours of the film are really luxurious. The theme is such a refreshing change, all about the Bohemian revolution and their beliefs of beauty, freedom, truth and love, overcoming everything. This movie is perfect. No faults from me! Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2010
    Moulin Rouge is definitely the best film I have ever seen! First of, I must applaud Baz Luhrmann's great vision and direction - it surely was superb! The technical aspect of the film is extraordinary: amazing film editing, breath-taking cinematography, perfect music and just overall an excellently made film. The actors, though, make the film what it is. Nicole Kidman is ABSOLUTELY PERFECTMoulin Rouge is definitely the best film I have ever seen! First of, I must applaud Baz Luhrmann's great vision and direction - it surely was superb! The technical aspect of the film is extraordinary: amazing film editing, breath-taking cinematography, perfect music and just overall an excellently made film. The actors, though, make the film what it is. Nicole Kidman is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT as Satine, and has become my favourite actress ever since I first watched this masterpiece. One of the best performances I've ever seen on-screen: she sings, she dances, she dies. Perfect summary. But it's also so much more! And Ewan McGregor - who would have thought he could sing like that??? Amazing voice and one just falls in love with him. The supporting cast is also brilliant, especially Jim Broadbent who deservingly took the BAFTA award home for 'Moulin Rouge.'

Overall, Moulin Rouge is an eye-candy film for people who truly believe in freedom, beauty, truth, and above all things - love.
  5. KristenW.
    Apr 29, 2004
    The absolute best movie I have ever seen! Baz Luhrmann is a genius, and Ewan and Nicole are very talented.
  6. May 27, 2011
    Truthfully, the best movie I have ever seen. In my entire life. WOW!
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    By the end of the 90's, the musical movie was dead in the water. That all changed when a little mad man from down under named Baz Luhrman helmed his attempt at "An English Language Bollywood-style re-imagining of La Traviata using contemporary songs". We expected a train wreck. What we got was one of the most original, striking, and heartbreaking romantic films of all time. Who doesn'tBy the end of the 90's, the musical movie was dead in the water. That all changed when a little mad man from down under named Baz Luhrman helmed his attempt at "An English Language Bollywood-style re-imagining of La Traviata using contemporary songs". We expected a train wreck. What we got was one of the most original, striking, and heartbreaking romantic films of all time. Who doesn't still swoon when Christian sings "Your Song"? Expand
  8. Dec 25, 2010
    VincentV. Is obviously a close-minded individual because this film was a wickedly unique and creative display of art. The fact the entire cast sang throughout the whole movie was marvelous in itself. And as if the song selection and delivery weren't entertaining enough, they added a ton of visually stimulating wardrobes and set designs. I am not a person that enjoys musicals very much,VincentV. Is obviously a close-minded individual because this film was a wickedly unique and creative display of art. The fact the entire cast sang throughout the whole movie was marvelous in itself. And as if the song selection and delivery weren't entertaining enough, they added a ton of visually stimulating wardrobes and set designs. I am not a person that enjoys musicals very much, but this movie is so much more than a musical. I could sit here and type on and on pointing out the many reasons why Moulin Rouge is fabulous movie, but I don't think I would do justice to the movie. I never get tired if seeing this movie, its always just as entertaining as the first time I saw it. Stubborn people like VincentV. will probably always give horrible reviews to movies where there's no over-the-top mayhem and/or nudity. Expand
  9. May 26, 2012
    Moulin Rouge it's perfect. Why 66 points only?!!? God, It deserves more than that. The passion that it's seen by the way they sing their songs it's unbelievable. Ewan McGregor's work is excellent, and nicole's too. Their are perfect.
  10. Jan 13, 2013
    After a decade long, Moulin Rouge is still one of my all -time favorite movies. I never get bored of watching it. Ewan's singing and performance is amazing, and I like his version of Your Song the most!
  11. JustinN.
    Oct 6, 2003
    An emotional masterpiece that will heighten your spirit then leave you heartbroken in the end. I Love it!
  12. ChristinaH.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Absolutely the best movie ever created!
  13. ElkinsA.
    Jan 5, 2005
    Unique.
  14. Alex
    Jan 3, 2006
    It's by far the best movie that I've ever seen. The whole cast is perfect, Ewan McGregor in particular. He has the voice of an angel. The chemistry between each cast member is palpable...just amazing. Costumes, setting, plot, script...everything was phenomenal.
  15. MonicaH.
    Jan 28, 2004
    This movie was fantastic!!!Those who think otherwise need more experience thinking outside the box!
  16. RobertA.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Special in so many different ways. tangles music like a box of chocolates. it is still amazing Smells Like Teen Spirit is in this movie. awesome. very nice visuals. this movie's music is quite great. love the sounds. hope you did too! ^_^ tata.
  17. CaseyM.
    Apr 29, 2004
    I thought it was a great movie but it was just to sad but if that was not the ending i would have like it more.
  18. BobB.
    May 10, 2004
    This movie is hilarious and REALLY good and i loved every minute..... plus Ewan McGregor's voice is the sexiest there ever was.
  19. JamieS.
    Feb 9, 2006
    This movie combined the best of musical theatre and modern cinema. The p.d. technology and charming antiquity meet and blend beautifully in this piece. Kudos!
  20. Ash
    Aug 28, 2003
    Fine movie. Ewan sing it baby.
  21. AllyE.
    Sep 28, 2003
    Spectacular, Spectacular...With only a few cheesy moments, this movie is a spectle of bright colors, raw human emotion, and a dazzling masque that toys with every human heart. This and Chicago are of the top ten movies ever made
  22. SarahS.
    Feb 25, 2004
    Fantastic !! One of the best musicals since forever.
  23. BraeG.
    May 15, 2004
    One of my favorite movies of all time! Up there with Sense and Sensibility and Shakespeare in Love as one of the most romantic movies I have ever seen. Ewan MacGregor and Nicole Kidman are pure magic together. I cry everytime I watch it.
  24. JennyN.
    Jun 22, 2004
    This movie is "SPECTACULAR".
  25. SlavisaM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Moulin Rouge is the best movie and the best musical ever! Nicole Kidman is simply terrific, and stunning. Also McGregor and Broadbent put exellent acting! Baz Luhrmann is for sure, the best director of 2001! Exellent music-from Madonna to Elton John...super! Cinematography...what am i talking about...just watch it, and you will see it's the best ever!
  26. GodyP.
    Dec 2, 2005
    The best of 2001! A masterpiece!
  27. JillS.
    May 15, 2005
    Love it! Nicole kidman falls a bit flat when she tries to be funny, but Ewan McGregor pours himself wholly into every scene. Positively charming.
  28. VeronicaQ.
    Jan 15, 2004
    "Different!"
  29. CameronC
    Nov 22, 2005
    Love it. Used this site for years and this is the only thing I've ever voted on. LOVE IT.
  30. KristinaB.
    Dec 5, 2005
    Ewan McGrego has one of the most wonderful voices I've ever heard. I absolutely love it. I love this story. It shows how people can truelly fall in love at first site. It's just absolutely beautiful. Anyone that can bring an Elton John love song and make it sound more beautiful than the original is wonderful. Baz Luhrmann chose the perfect man for that job. And Nicole Kidman Ewan McGrego has one of the most wonderful voices I've ever heard. I absolutely love it. I love this story. It shows how people can truelly fall in love at first site. It's just absolutely beautiful. Anyone that can bring an Elton John love song and make it sound more beautiful than the original is wonderful. Baz Luhrmann chose the perfect man for that job. And Nicole Kidman wasn't so bad herself. He chose a beautiful actress for Satine. Don't think anyone could've pulled it off better than her. Expand
  31. LayneW.
    Aug 28, 2005
    This is a frenzied, messy movie musical, but it is highly enjoyable. Nicole Kidman exhibits a range that is almost too astonishing for words: she succeeds in high melodrama, camp, subtlety, comedy, and her singing is just so beautiful. Personally, Jill S., I don't think she falls flat with her comic bits at all. She has perfect timing; the scene in the elephant dressing room in This is a frenzied, messy movie musical, but it is highly enjoyable. Nicole Kidman exhibits a range that is almost too astonishing for words: she succeeds in high melodrama, camp, subtlety, comedy, and her singing is just so beautiful. Personally, Jill S., I don't think she falls flat with her comic bits at all. She has perfect timing; the scene in the elephant dressing room in particular really showcases her gifts for comedy. The way she shifts her eyes, raises her eyebrows, and adds that hilariously seductive tone to her voice is pure comic genius. And she's gorgeous beyond belief. Expand
  32. BrandonH.
    Sep 16, 2005
    This is my favorite movie i could watch it over and over again its the bomb.comb, close friend ginny sites has only seen a few scenes from it and is in love as am I one of the best movies ever created and ever will be ewan mcgregor and nicole kidman are hot togther i love them, there amazing this movie was cast perfectly i would suggest it to everyone.
  33. TonyB.
    Sep 24, 2005
    Beautifully acted, directed, designed, photographed, scored and edited, Moulin Rouge is also exciting and quite moving.
  34. AlexandriaL.
    Apr 6, 2002
    This movie was great!!!! I just loved it. It sure took a place in my top 5. If you haven't seen this movie or just dislike it.... you're crazy! This was the best movie ever!
  35. StephanieG.
    Oct 6, 2001
    Moulin Rouge is a truly daring piece which will be forever treasured in cinematic history. It's remarkable direction and perfect casting make it the musical piece to confirm Baz Lurhmans genius!
  36. LukeA.
    Jul 14, 2001
    I loved it.
  37. Dawn
    Sep 8, 2001
    Whao...this is the most touching, romantic, spectacular movie I've ever seen... I must also admit that Nicole Kidman and Ewan Macgregor are good singers... it's a movie/musical that makes people want to watch it again and again if they like it...I mean those who don't like the movie are either not open-minded or they simply don't understand the word "LOVE"...hee~
  38. JaneM.
    Jan 24, 2002
    It has been years since a movie went straight to my heart, like this one. A beautiful love story, a magical musical flight over the streets of fin de siecle Paris, a delight for the eyes and ears and brain: Moulin Rouge works on many levels. From the fantastic sets high above Paris to the lovestruck couple dancing over clouds and chimneys, Moulin Rouge makes the cynical fall in love. Who It has been years since a movie went straight to my heart, like this one. A beautiful love story, a magical musical flight over the streets of fin de siecle Paris, a delight for the eyes and ears and brain: Moulin Rouge works on many levels. From the fantastic sets high above Paris to the lovestruck couple dancing over clouds and chimneys, Moulin Rouge makes the cynical fall in love. Who can't recall that feeling that Nicole and Ewan capture so beautifully during "Your Soing" of breathless, delightful new love. Moulin Rouge makes the old young, sets the colorless landscape of the everyday ablaze with passion, and defies every belief you have about movies and musical. Expand
  39. LindaN.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Great, great movie! Loved it! Pure genius! Amazing sets and songs and talent!
  40. CatharineT.
    Jan 7, 2002
    It's probably the first musical that I will purchase. It was a good surprise considering that I never meant to see it in the first place. I fell utterly and completely in love with the music. The love ...oh the tragic love... I can't help but feel happy, sad... tears and all... in one sitting. Incredible!!!!
  41. DonaldP.
    Feb 9, 2002
    I hate musicals and hate love stories but this film is amazing, one of the best of most romantic, fun movies I have ever seen.
  42. MichaelS.
    Mar 20, 2002
    Well, i think watching this movie for 20 times gives me the right to know what it is like. It has awesome singers and great songs that I have memorized!!
  43. Bea
    Apr 5, 2002
    Is fantastic; beauty funny...all you need is to see it!
  44. RoxanneC.
    May 1, 2002
    Freakin awesome! The actors are great, the music is great, the plot was great and Ewan McGregor was soooo hot!
  45. GabyD.
    Jun 20, 2002
    Fantastic, the best!!!!
  46. SallyR.
    Jun 8, 2002
    This story is about... love At the Moulin Rouge. Dramatic effects, fantastic acting, you could swear you were there with them. You can feel their pain.
  47. AllieJ.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This movie is the best movie i ever seen it makes you laugh cry and jump off your seat at the same time plus add brilliant colors adn a sexy couple and the movie is a hit (not to mention Ewan McGregor is a wonderful singer).
  48. PhoebeG.
    Jul 30, 2002
    This is one of the best movies I've seen. Thought it would be some flick 4 mah old folks . . .but it's fresh. (especially the music) Great performances! Some good graphics. It's a tear-jerker!
  49. PreciousAndBeautiful
    Jul 4, 2002
    I thought this film was one of the best films that I have ever seen. The plot, the acting and the singing was superb.
  50. MadisonR.
    Dec 25, 2007
    My all time favorite movie! It allows the watcher to feel as though he or she is actually in the night club. The anachronistic music allows the audience member to really feel the emotions that were experienced during the time that the club was at it's early 20th century high points. The characters are well thought out and deep, and unlike many musicals, it seems believable that these My all time favorite movie! It allows the watcher to feel as though he or she is actually in the night club. The anachronistic music allows the audience member to really feel the emotions that were experienced during the time that the club was at it's early 20th century high points. The characters are well thought out and deep, and unlike many musicals, it seems believable that these people really would just break out into song together. Everyone should watch this movie several times, because it does take getting used to the hyper activity that is the Moulin Rouge. Expand
  51. BenA.
    Oct 15, 2001
    The plot is, admittedly, nowhere near original. But hey, that wasn't what sold the movie for me. This is an incredible cinematic experience that leaves you breathless by the end. Excellent for fans of drama, romance, comedy, and musicals (or a light combination of all four)!
  52. BenA.
    Oct 15, 2001
  53. MaleneH.
    Oct 19, 2001
    Great movie! I think Nicole and Ewen were very brave to make this movie. They are amazing in this incredible movie! Finally Hollywood made a good musical.
  54. ArnoW.
    Oct 2, 2001
    A dream, a wonderful composition of music (the most powerful language used in the movie) and almost surrealistic photographic scenes. It balances between heaven and hell . A beautiful historical drama shown in a very special way.
  55. ArnoW.
    Oct 2, 2001
  56. MarijkeG.
    Oct 22, 2001
    The movie enchanted me from the beginning until the end. Nicole and Ewan are magnificent, and I never thought they could sing like that!!!
  57. SanneS.
    Oct 27, 2001
    Moulin Rouge is the best movie I've ever seen in my whole life!
  58. DeannaD.
    Sep 1, 2001
    The only reason why someone would despise this movie is if they weren't going into the theatre to watch this with an open mind. This isn't like all the other movies out there, which makes it wonderful, as well as the incredible actors and actresses, soundtrack, and direction.
  59. KinskiS.
    Sep 4, 2001
    Excellent~~ I really love it a lot!!
  60. ChristineJ.
    Sep 6, 2001
    I can honestly say that this is the most touching and spectacular movies I have ever seen. Not only are the effects and choreography extraordinary, but the actors have genuine talent and chemistry. For sure you will either love it or hate it. Obviously, I loved it, and personally, I cannot see how anyone could have any feeling of hatred towards this wonderful film.
  61. KierstenJ.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This movie was so good and ewan and nicoles' voices sound great together. this was the best movie ever!! and if you dont like it you SUCK!!
  62. BrittanyB.
    Nov 1, 2002
    This movie is my new favorite movie. I love it so much. I always sing a long to the songs. This film is definitely an art!
  63. AmandaC.
    Nov 20, 2002
    Weeks later you will still be singing the songs, and everytime I see it I enjoy it more. The singing, the costumes, the energy, the story-so poignant and yet so uplifting. Great!
  64. HollyW.
    Oct 13, 2002
    This movie is the BEST!!! The music, the suspence, and the dances! Nicole Kidman is as sexy as she can get, and can sing well too! And let's not forget about Ewan McGregor! He is F-I-N-E! Both did spectacular performances!
  65. MarkR.
    Nov 6, 2002
    I've never seen a film that got my hopes up so high and manages to surpass those expectations until now :) I must say it's a very pleasant experience. The mise-en-scène blew me and the importance of an impressive narrative away, and the story wasn't worse than your average feature film. At least it didn't alter the truth like the movie that stole this one's I've never seen a film that got my hopes up so high and manages to surpass those expectations until now :) I must say it's a very pleasant experience. The mise-en-scène blew me and the importance of an impressive narrative away, and the story wasn't worse than your average feature film. At least it didn't alter the truth like the movie that stole this one's oscar did.... Expand
  66. Ev'ryTimeWeSayMulroneycakes
    Dec 2, 2002
    Oh, it is remotely a 10. It is a 10 very hard in the face. The only word to describe the damn thing properly is "sumptuous" - those who scrabbled for things to criticise could only find shallowness, hollowness. To which the reply must be: "it's a god-damn MUSICAL, nimrod, and no more shallow or hollow than any other. The emotion is fake because real emotion sits uneasily with show Oh, it is remotely a 10. It is a 10 very hard in the face. The only word to describe the damn thing properly is "sumptuous" - those who scrabbled for things to criticise could only find shallowness, hollowness. To which the reply must be: "it's a god-damn MUSICAL, nimrod, and no more shallow or hollow than any other. The emotion is fake because real emotion sits uneasily with show stoppin' musical numbers with spurious exclamation marks! Look at Dancer In The Dark - only a partial success. So you see my point, don't you, eh?" That and the fact that none of the songs are by Porter, or Sondheim, or Rogers 'n' Hammerstein. Which is just stupid. This is some musical. Oo, I've thought of another word: opulent. Very opulent indeed. And Ewan MacGregor CAN SO SING. SO THERE. Expand
  67. Kristy
    Dec 29, 2002
    This movie has the suspence and everything, it is a feast for the eyes and mind. it makes you think about yourself and your love for everything. this is by far my favorite movie. Every one should think about this and go to the person they love and remember how much they mean to you. Don't ever take it for granted!!!
  68. LucindaS.
    Mar 12, 2002
    The only people that don't like this movie are the ones who either turned it off in the beginning/middle, and those who fast forwarded through it. If you actually watched it all the way through and didn't love it, you have no soul.
  69. Alice
    Mar 12, 2002
    A beautiful film with amazing scenery. If you don't get enthralled by the love story you'll be entertained by the backdrop of Paris, and the wonderful imagery.
  70. Elena
    Mar 15, 2002
    I loved this movie. It was an amazing experience; it is filled with so much passion and joy of living that it was impossible for me not to fall in love with it.
  71. Nate
    Mar 16, 2002
    The best movie and soundtrack ever!!
  72. AshleyH.
    Mar 23, 2002
    OH! This is a great movie! I become so uplifted when I hear those songs! I just love Christian's voice, face, and character.
  73. HilaryM.
    Mar 9, 2002
    I loved this movie. It already is my favorite out of all the movies ever made. I don't know why people think Nicole did a better job than Ewan singing. He is better singing than some singers. I am very disappointed that he has not won one award for his fantastic job. I am the hugest fan of Moulin Rouge. I have the movie, the shirt, the poster and the soundtrack. I don't know how I loved this movie. It already is my favorite out of all the movies ever made. I don't know why people think Nicole did a better job than Ewan singing. He is better singing than some singers. I am very disappointed that he has not won one award for his fantastic job. I am the hugest fan of Moulin Rouge. I have the movie, the shirt, the poster and the soundtrack. I don't know how anyone could hate this movie. Expand
  74. LindaM.
    Apr 10, 2002
    I think it was absolutely beautiful. I've never seen a movie so colorful and intense and filled with brilliant music before. The soundtrack is great, I especially love 'come what may'... And Ewan McGregor CAN SING! His voice is perfect for these songs.
  75. KikiS.
    Apr 18, 2002
    l think it is the best movie l have ever seen! The actors, the songs,the suits and generally everything is perfect.
  76. KenickieG.
    Apr 2, 2002
    This movie rox my sox!! I luff it and everything about it!! People who didn't like it can go fook a tree because this movie was awesome. Now normally I wouldn't like it, but how can yew hate a lisping, midget John Leguizamo? It's a physical impossibility. I think he was the best part of this movie, I'm in love.
  77. LeneS.
    Apr 23, 2002
    I just loved it! For the moment I have seen it 3 times in the movie and once on video!
  78. KateE.
    Apr 6, 2002
    THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING, if you dont think so you should give it time and not just turn it off after the first 5 minutes.
  79. SimonC.
    May 11, 2002
    This is a masterpiece!!
  80. AmethystD.
    May 10, 2002
    When I 1st watched this movie i was baffled so i had 2 watch it again. Then I understood it... I LOVED it! Then I watched it again and again!!! I cried at the end even though i knew it was coming.
  81. TomS.
    May 14, 2002
    Ceaslessly imaginative and refreshing; brilliantly directed and musically arranged; heart wrenching and poignant. Gets my vote for best film of 2001.
  82. HaleyZ.
    May 3, 2002
    It was the best love story I have ever seen. It is my new favorite movie!!
  83. NatalieK.
    May 30, 2002
    I thought that this movie was so great. it isnt like other movies. it makes you feel like your watching a play with an extremely large stage. and u r in the play but u have no lines or purpose but u r there. I loved it because it was romantic and fairytale like!
  84. AmandaA.
    May 9, 2002
    OMG this is the best movie ever. The music, dancing, and the love.
  85. ZoeP.
    Jun 19, 2002
    One of the best films I have ever seen, it made me sing, dance and at the end it made me cry like a baby.
  86. CaitlinL.
    Jun 2, 2002
    I just want to say that I LOVE this movie. It's so big and beautiful and over the top, and I love that. Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor are both wonderful, and their voices are beautiful.
  87. Heather
    Jul 14, 2002
    I absolutely loved this movie!! I had heard mixed reviews about it and was worried about what I was going to see but it's absolutely brilliant!! I'm in Winterguard and there were 4 guards that done a show to 3 of the songs. We did Diamonds, Madisonville-North Hopkins A did Your Song and Eklipse did Roxanne and did beautifully on it I may add. Another guard did it to Roxanne too.
  88. JordanW.
    Jul 1, 2002
    I would have to say I absolutly loved this movie. It had something for everyone but what I loved the most was the songs and the chemistry between the two lead characters. It was a brilliant film, I recomend it to everyone.
  89. FayeP.
    Jul 24, 2002
    A fantastic film that can be watched over and over again with just as much enjoyment.
  90. MatthewH.
    Jul 25, 2002
    Undescribable....
  91. IlzeS.
    Jul 29, 2002
    This movie is very dynamic and musical. I loved it. Nicole Kidman's Satine and Ewan McGregor's Cristian are very beautiful. I think this movie is great film. I liked Kidman's and McGregor's voices.
  92. MollyM.
    Jul 3, 2002
    I would give it more than a 10 if I could!! This is the best movie ever and everyone should go see it!!
  93. Randy
    Aug 27, 2002
    I ran out and bought the sound track! Ewen and Nicole give surpizing singing performances which added a lot of emotion to the movie as a whole. I loved the incorperation of the tribute songs! The movie is visually stunning.
  94. AlishaV.
    Aug 5, 2002
    This was a wonderful movie. It was filled with beautiful people, tremendous energy, great remakes of classic songs and love. They do sing a lot but Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor have beautiful voices. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and bought the DVD the first chance that I got.
  95. SamanthaB.
    Jan 3, 2003
    A movie that grabs your attention from the first note & keeps it until the bittersweet end. The music provides a link to contemporary culture & makes it universal across all ages.
  96. Satine
    Mar 10, 2003
    If I could I'd rate this movie a 15. But it doesn't go that high so I'll have to say 10. I LOVE this movie so much and I think Ewan is "Spectacular, Spectacular!" He is so perfect as Christian!
  97. RosemarieC.
    Mar 19, 2003
    I love Nicole Kidman. I love the Moulin Rouge And 4 those that gave it a 3 then you suck! this movie rules! it changed my life! it went from sad to happy to sad to happy and to sad to happy! Its cool! it made me cry. i never cried for a movie before.
  98. EmilyW.
    Apr 7, 2003
    EWAN CAN SING! and for those of you who gave it 9 or under 'what drivel do you watch'. I did happen to notice that those who gave it a low rate were male and what sense do they have.Thouroghly enjoyable film. EWAN RULES.
  99. KimG.
    Aug 5, 2003
    Ewan McGregor's voice was enough to make me want to watch Moulin Rouge time and time again. This movie was both a story of a love worth fighting for, a love overcoming all obstacles, and a tragedy that cuts a live short.

It's the kind of flourish that makes you smile -- that makes you believe in the power of movies.
    McGregor, the movie's most engaging performer, is convincing enough to sell the mutual attraction. The "Trainspotting" star is usually playing some kind of freak, and this is a nice stretch for him.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    The film musical is at the moment an even more devitalized art form than the Broadway musical. But Moulin Rouge doesn't revive it. It only rearranges the bones.