8.6

1. Aug 12, 2010
    Moulin Rouge is definitely the best film I have ever seen! First of, I must applaud Baz Luhrmann's great vision and direction - it surely was superb! The technical aspect of the film is extraordinary: amazing film editing, breath-taking cinematography, perfect music and just overall an excellently made film. The actors, though, make the film what it is. Nicole Kidman is ABSOLUTELY PERFECTMoulin Rouge is definitely the best film I have ever seen! First of, I must applaud Baz Luhrmann's great vision and direction - it surely was superb! The technical aspect of the film is extraordinary: amazing film editing, breath-taking cinematography, perfect music and just overall an excellently made film. The actors, though, make the film what it is. Nicole Kidman is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT as Satine, and has become my favourite actress ever since I first watched this masterpiece. One of the best performances I've ever seen on-screen: she sings, she dances, she dies. Perfect summary. But it's also so much more! And Ewan McGregor - who would have thought he could sing like that??? Amazing voice and one just falls in love with him. The supporting cast is also brilliant, especially Jim Broadbent who deservingly took the BAFTA award home for 'Moulin Rouge.'

Overall, Moulin Rouge is an eye-candy film for people who truly believe in freedom, beauty, truth, and above all things - love.
  2. May 27, 2011
    Truthfully, the best movie I have ever seen. In my entire life. WOW!
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    By the end of the 90's, the musical movie was dead in the water. That all changed when a little mad man from down under named Baz Luhrman helmed his attempt at "An English Language Bollywood-style re-imagining of La Traviata using contemporary songs". We expected a train wreck. What we got was one of the most original, striking, and heartbreaking romantic films of all time. Who doesn'tBy the end of the 90's, the musical movie was dead in the water. That all changed when a little mad man from down under named Baz Luhrman helmed his attempt at "An English Language Bollywood-style re-imagining of La Traviata using contemporary songs". We expected a train wreck. What we got was one of the most original, striking, and heartbreaking romantic films of all time. Who doesn't still swoon when Christian sings "Your Song"? Expand
  4. Dec 25, 2010
    VincentV. Is obviously a close-minded individual because this film was a wickedly unique and creative display of art. The fact the entire cast sang throughout the whole movie was marvelous in itself. And as if the song selection and delivery weren't entertaining enough, they added a ton of visually stimulating wardrobes and set designs. I am not a person that enjoys musicals very much,VincentV. Is obviously a close-minded individual because this film was a wickedly unique and creative display of art. The fact the entire cast sang throughout the whole movie was marvelous in itself. And as if the song selection and delivery weren't entertaining enough, they added a ton of visually stimulating wardrobes and set designs. I am not a person that enjoys musicals very much, but this movie is so much more than a musical. I could sit here and type on and on pointing out the many reasons why Moulin Rouge is fabulous movie, but I don't think I would do justice to the movie. I never get tired if seeing this movie, its always just as entertaining as the first time I saw it. Stubborn people like VincentV. will probably always give horrible reviews to movies where there's no over-the-top mayhem and/or nudity. Expand
  5. May 26, 2012
    Moulin Rouge it's perfect. Why 66 points only?!!? God, It deserves more than that. The passion that it's seen by the way they sing their songs it's unbelievable. Ewan McGregor's work is excellent, and nicole's too. Their are perfect.
  6. Jan 13, 2013
    After a decade long, Moulin Rouge is still one of my all -time favorite movies. I never get bored of watching it. Ewan's singing and performance is amazing, and I like his version of Your Song the most!
  7. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie was really great fun in my opinion. I hardly ever rate movies 10 out of 10, so this must be something. The music is great, the dialogue is very well written, the acting is fabulous, and the movie overall is spectacular spectacular. If you like musicals, this is for you.
  8. Apr 27, 2014
    This is my all-time favourite movie! I adore the fact that the whole movie is set around a love that can't really exist (kind of like Romeo and Juliet, i guess.) However, the songs are beautiful, the actors are amazing and the sets, scenery and colours of the film are really luxurious. The theme is such a refreshing change, all about the Bohemian revolution and their beliefs of beauty,This is my all-time favourite movie! I adore the fact that the whole movie is set around a love that can't really exist (kind of like Romeo and Juliet, i guess.) However, the songs are beautiful, the actors are amazing and the sets, scenery and colours of the film are really luxurious. The theme is such a refreshing change, all about the Bohemian revolution and their beliefs of beauty, freedom, truth and love, overcoming everything. This movie is perfect. No faults from me! Expand

It's the kind of flourish that makes you smile -- that makes you believe in the power of movies.
    McGregor, the movie's most engaging performer, is convincing enough to sell the mutual attraction. The "Trainspotting" star is usually playing some kind of freak, and this is a nice stretch for him.
  3. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    The film musical is at the moment an even more devitalized art form than the Broadway musical. But Moulin Rouge doesn't revive it. It only rearranges the bones.