Relativity Media | Release Date: January 25, 2013
3.1
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 376 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeFeb 15, 2016
So many directors took an immature attempt to create possibly one of the most disgusting movies of 2013 yet. You know once there's too many directors, you know your movie will be bad.
SpangleDec 30, 2013
I'm ashamed to admit I chuckled a few times, but largely, I just laughed at the fact that this was made. Someone out there thought this was a good idea and managed to get A-List actors involved. While it is horrible, it should be seen byI'm ashamed to admit I chuckled a few times, but largely, I just laughed at the fact that this was made. Someone out there thought this was a good idea and managed to get A-List actors involved. While it is horrible, it should be seen by anyone in the mood to watch something awful. Expand
MovieGuysFeb 2, 2015
Despite an A List cast, Movie 43 is a tasteless exercise that feels like a 90 minute collection of rejected Saturday Night Live skits. It tries to intentionally parody itself, yet that fails, and the movie is really a bad parody of thatDespite an A List cast, Movie 43 is a tasteless exercise that feels like a 90 minute collection of rejected Saturday Night Live skits. It tries to intentionally parody itself, yet that fails, and the movie is really a bad parody of that parody. If that makes sense.

Stay away. Don't waste your time. At least George Clooney had the common sense to reject a cameo, his response being "No f**king way". Do what George did: reject this movie, completely.
BrianMcCriticJun 4, 2013
Why would these stars do this filth? This film is trashy, unfunny, and if it wasn't for Texas Chainsaw this would be the worst film of 2013. None of the skits are funny and this film should never be seen.
ThegodfathersonFeb 17, 2013
Don't even bother to watch Movie 43. It's the most stupidest comedy ever made in 2013's history. If you want to watch a boring, stupid net comedy movie you can watch sketches on youtube! But this film carries you in to waste you money onDon't even bother to watch Movie 43. It's the most stupidest comedy ever made in 2013's history. If you want to watch a boring, stupid net comedy movie you can watch sketches on youtube! But this film carries you in to waste you money on something you can watch free on youtube! The only "meh" sketch was at the end but this film is overall stupid. Avoid this movie while you still can. 0/10 Expand
cameronmorewoodAug 3, 2013
With a cast of over thirty talented actors, you'd think Movie 43 would have some ground to stand on. It doesn't. It crashes and burns, in about that order. It's also one of the worst moveis of 2013.
Trev29Aug 3, 2013
Movie 43 manages to wrangle up some of the biggest names in Hollywood, while also managing to be one of the worst most profoundly idiotic disgusting "movies" to come along. A disgrace to the film making industry. It isn't even stupid funny.
JacobAug 21, 2014
This is perhaps one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen but it is so dumb and stupid that it winds up being entertaining. There are those bad movies like After Earth where I am sitting there bored out of my mind, and then there are the onesThis is perhaps one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen but it is so dumb and stupid that it winds up being entertaining. There are those bad movies like After Earth where I am sitting there bored out of my mind, and then there are the ones where I am pretty engaged for the most part and this film was the latter. This is one of those films that is so bad it is entertaining. Some of the dumb sh*t in this movie is stupid and made me roll my eyes in digust but some of it made me laugh my head off. I feel bad for the celebrities in this film because some of the stuff they do is degrading and embarrasing but thankfully most of them have had better movies since this. Lastly, why was the Beezel skit in there it was dumb and pointless filler to get the film to the 1 hour and 30 minute mark. Now I am worried about. The Guardians of the Galaxy because that movie and the skit are done by the same guy. If you watch this movie you'll get some laughs but they wont' be for the right reasons. This is the worst films of 2013, at least based on what I've seen, but at least it left me laughing. Expand
Bruce722Oct 22, 2013
Is Movie 43 the worst film ever made? Probably, I know it's definitely the worst film I've ever seen so I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I couldn't even make it past the 1-hour mark before I had to stop watching, and I rarely get so tiredIs Movie 43 the worst film ever made? Probably, I know it's definitely the worst film I've ever seen so I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I couldn't even make it past the 1-hour mark before I had to stop watching, and I rarely get so tired of a movie that I have to stop. The movie essentially centers around Dennis Quaid's character trying to get his movie purchased from a studio, by any means necessary. Well this "movie" is less of a movie and more of a bunch of skits, horrible skits, that feature endless stupidity and minimal, if any, laughter. Honestly, I feel like they should've paid me to watch this movie and I watched it for free. I truly feel sorry for anyone who watched this in theaters. They should steal awards from any actor who appeared in this film. Just pathetic. Expand
hoops2448Jun 4, 2013
It would be safe to assume that at least a third of segments in a compilation piece are usually good but Movie 43 defies expectations by providing one dull sequence after another with no stops and absolutely no laughs, its a shameless pieceIt would be safe to assume that at least a third of segments in a compilation piece are usually good but Movie 43 defies expectations by providing one dull sequence after another with no stops and absolutely no laughs, its a shameless piece of garbage. Movie 43 isn't really about anything, its loads of little vignettes of comedy scenarios which get pushed to the absolute limits until they aren't funny at all. The film has a huge named cast and each segment has at least one huge name in it but it doesn't matter, it's just now A list actors working with dire material that there is no possible way to improve so they are just high paid actors annoying you by merely being in it. You don't care that its not their fault, you just hate watching this flaccid picture, this completely tone deaf, offensive, insulting and dull film. Movie 43 is directed by multiple people with real credits in actually good film but the direction in this film is awful, in every clip, its so badly constructed and framed that something must have gone wrong in the cinematography department. It's a film that despite its acting pedigree feels cheap, everything about it is cheap and the end result is one of disappointment and outright hatred thanks to some god awful comedy. Expand
OfficialMar 8, 2014
Oh my God, so many talented cast members decided to waste their time in this sort of **** This is perhaps one of the dullest comedy film I have ever seen. To be honest, I enjoyed the trailer more than the actual movie itself.
drlowdonJan 22, 2014
The concept behind Movie 43, in which a crazy screenwriter pitches terrible movie ideas at an increasingly confused and agitated movie producer, is potentially a good one. Unfortunately the execution is almost universally awful.

Virtually

Virtually every one of the fifteen or so short segments relies on gross out humour and, on top of being unfunny, a few are just horrible to watch. Even seemingly promising concepts, such as superhero speed dating go by without raising so much as a smile. The only question left to ask is how the hell did it attract such a stellar cast?

If you want a better example of the same concept seek out a movie called 'The Independent' starring Jerry Stiller, it’s far from perfect but much better than this load disgusting rubbish.
KadeemluvmusicJan 27, 2013
I hope that Scary Movie 5 is paying attention right now because what are they thinking? A spoof movie filled with A-list actors and a slew of directors like my idol, James Gunn? Are they serious? I think Hollywood needs to put an end to theI hope that Scary Movie 5 is paying attention right now because what are they thinking? A spoof movie filled with A-list actors and a slew of directors like my idol, James Gunn? Are they serious? I think Hollywood needs to put an end to the crappy spoof genre. Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve have some great cast (don't listen to the haters), but as a fan of the Scary Movie series this whole Movie 43 is not just beyond bad, it's one of the worst movies of the year. I saw the trailer and it was terrible, it just lasted for a half an hour. Hollywood loves crap! Fans can skip the movie and watch the Super Bowl. Expand
Nesbitt10Jun 21, 2013
If you think Hugh Jackman sporting a pair of testicles dangling from his chin is funny, I've got some great news for you. The marketing team must have had a hell of a time trying to sell "Movie 43" to the general public because it's a comedyIf you think Hugh Jackman sporting a pair of testicles dangling from his chin is funny, I've got some great news for you. The marketing team must have had a hell of a time trying to sell "Movie 43" to the general public because it's a comedy that really isn't about anything. It's a series of skits strung together by a barely cohesive narrative. Of course, there have been many skit films before "Movie 43," but this is the first film to be backed by a major studio and to have a litany of A-list actors, actresses, and filmmakers involved.

The film is centers on an unkempt "screenwriter" (played by Dennis Quaid), who is trying to pitch his movie to a Hollywood executive (played by Greg Kinnear). Much like the rest of the movie, their situation begins to spiral into absurdity, and in between we are treated to a series of mock ads and strange scenarios that increasingly build on their gags until they just eventually sort of end.

"Movie 43" fares best in its first half, as the film's opening half hour boasts a number of amusing shorts including a bit of silliness featuring Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber as parents who take the home-schooling concept to very dark places. However, the film begins to lose steam somewhere around the midway point, inundated with sketches that are completely pointless and desperately unfunny. The second half of the film is loaded with skits that are either disastrously overlong or problematic; quickly losing any appeal that might be left.

If the sketches have any unifying style, it's that they go for shock value over genuine laughs most of the time. "Movie 43" is best suited for in the home-entertainment market, where these short story dilemmas can be hashed out between bong rips and consuming large amounts of alcohol.
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"Movie 43 is an utter terrible disgrace and lame excuse to call itself a "feature film" this film is so awful you should pay not to see it. All the acting talents are simply wasted on a film that should not have even made it to theaters in"Movie 43 is an utter terrible disgrace and lame excuse to call itself a "feature film" this film is so awful you should pay not to see it. All the acting talents are simply wasted on a film that should not have even made it to theaters in the first place." F Expand
moonman1994Jan 10, 2015
This movie is terrible! Kind of amazingly terrible though. I'm still not quite sure why I watched the entire thing. The weird thing was that the acting wasn't bad because the cast was a talented one and for whatever reason they actuallyThis movie is terrible! Kind of amazingly terrible though. I'm still not quite sure why I watched the entire thing. The weird thing was that the acting wasn't bad because the cast was a talented one and for whatever reason they actually tried. There were like one or two funny moments but they do not make up for all of the terrible jokes in this movie. Expand
SimpsonFansAug 11, 2016

python2000Aug 13, 2013
I laughed more in the 2 minute trailer for Kick-Ass 2 than I did in 90 minutes of Movie 43. Every joke is about poo, wee, farts, sex, vomit, periods and even more farts. Thank god Christopher Mintz Plasse and Chloe Moretz were in their toI laughed more in the 2 minute trailer for Kick-Ass 2 than I did in 90 minutes of Movie 43. Every joke is about poo, wee, farts, sex, vomit, periods and even more farts. Thank god Christopher Mintz Plasse and Chloe Moretz were in their to provide about 3 laughs. Expand
oliver1hFeb 24, 2013
Retarded comedy for retarded people...Good humor requires intelligence, the people who made this movie, and those who liked it have none.
MovieGoer14Jul 4, 2013
Movie 43 is more than stupid, it is moronic silly and dumb with no story but lots of wasted talents, it is disgusting and distasteful. Not one segment is remarkable or even enjoyable, they are all yuk, low and dirty with uninteresting storiesMovie 43 is more than stupid, it is moronic silly and dumb with no story but lots of wasted talents, it is disgusting and distasteful. Not one segment is remarkable or even enjoyable, they are all yuk, low and dirty with uninteresting stories that don't lead to anything nor are connected to each other. Expand
JohnnyStephensAug 31, 2013
It's a movie to have fun with friends. It's funny, and I don't understand why critics say that it's very bad. It's good. My opinion: Do not listen to anyone and watch it!!!
HaithamBayazeedApr 28, 2013
It is very crude, and wastes a lot of talents, I have never seen a movie with such a big cast such as Movie 43, it has some laughs, but overall it is very crude, offensive and not for kids to watch at all.
VinceRocks123Jul 4, 2015
My most hated movie of all time, the film is a blundering mess and not one simple thing about this movie was funny, the script sounded like it was written by a brain damaged retarded six-year old obsessed with toilet humor!!

A huge

A huge assemble of great or terrible actors its a movie experience were you might need a barf bag at your side when watching.

Total Thumbs Down I bet Roger Ebert would have named it his most hated movie too

yuckity yuck yuck yuck!
AReviewsJun 25, 2013
Movie 43 manages to be funny, but it fails, it doesn't know what it is about, it has no sense or any story, it is a waste of talents, it is silly, outrages and disgusting, nothing is good about it, it is over the top dirtiness and silliness,Movie 43 manages to be funny, but it fails, it doesn't know what it is about, it has no sense or any story, it is a waste of talents, it is silly, outrages and disgusting, nothing is good about it, it is over the top dirtiness and silliness, won't forget that one for a long time. Expand
warrenworldMay 4, 2014
A couple of unfunny directors who have made a lot of awful comedy films come together to make one super-unfunny comedy film. That pretty much covers it.
RealMuthaFAug 2, 2014
Now I heard that this was a vulgar movie with lots of dick jokes and such, and many people didn't like it, but I still thought "Hey, I'm no aesthete, I can laugh at stupid jokes given they're well-made and don't cross the line". Well, I wishNow I heard that this was a vulgar movie with lots of dick jokes and such, and many people didn't like it, but I still thought "Hey, I'm no aesthete, I can laugh at stupid jokes given they're well-made and don't cross the line". Well, I wish I didn't do that.
This "movie" is outright **** terrible, it's a piece of **** **** garbage that should not have ever been made. The level of "jokes" here is so **** low I barely smiled for a single time and sometimes I actually had to fast-forward this bull **** because it was unbearable to watch (say, in the Chris Pratt part).
This "film" barely has any plot, and is just a number of small skits, ALL of which are beyond **** stupid and unfunny. I mean it, not any single **** part of this was better than the other. What eludes me is three things. First, where did they find the imbecile piece of **** directors to film these clips? (Every clip is directed by a different person). Second, who in the hell's **** was so utterly **** moronic as to produce a script for this? I mean, there had to be some script, right? Lastly, how on Earth did all the good actors agree to star in this bull **** I mean, a role in Movie 43 should be like a **** black spot for any actor. Maybe they were drugged or something.
Right, so I'm sorry about all the profanity (it'll be censored anyway), but I was so mad about this I couldn't help but write a negative review. I'd give it a **** zero, but I believe that a 10-point rating system shouldn't have the option to rate things below 1. This **** may very well be the worst movie ever made.
Leo9127Jan 16, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really don't know what's more disturbing, the amount of good actors, and major stars, that agreed to star on this abomination of a movie, or what this movie considers funny, which is just gross, and I don't even want to describe it for your sake. Expand
Tomle1202May 10, 2016
Movie 43 has a lot of famous actors and actresses starring in it. It also has a lot of skilled directors directing each piece of the whole combination. What this thing does not have, is the right to call itself a movie.
DenisManuOct 12, 2014
It's not a joke or something that's even remotely funny.All the skits,and I mean all of them are horrible.No humor whatsoever,just dumb sick jokes that idiots and people with Attention Deficit Disorder will enjoy.Easy to sum upIt's not a joke or something that's even remotely funny.All the skits,and I mean all of them are horrible.No humor whatsoever,just dumb sick jokes that idiots and people with Attention Deficit Disorder will enjoy.Easy to sum up nonetheless,Movie 43 is one of the worst movies ever made! Expand
OroiaelJan 26, 2013
I don't feel like I watch the movie so much as I was assaulted by it. If I could find a way to have the police bring a film up on charges of battery I would. Alas, if Andy Warhol can call a painting of a soup can art, then yes Hollywood canI don't feel like I watch the movie so much as I was assaulted by it. If I could find a way to have the police bring a film up on charges of battery I would. Alas, if Andy Warhol can call a painting of a soup can art, then yes Hollywood can call this a work of cinema. This film walks the excruciatingly thin line between gibberish and coherent communication. Honestly, if all of those A-List performers simply got naked and make barking sounds for two hours, that would have been more artful than this pile of nothing. Sadly, though, I am not a studio executive or film director, so I will sit here $10 poorer for having been victim to this criminal enterprise. Expand