3.0

1. Jan 26, 2013
    Misleading trailer. I watched it primarily to see Stephen Merchant acting but I also thought it had some kind of story. There was a stupid back story with no real plot. The movie is basically a compilation of stupid, unfunny clips. Movie 43 is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. If you enjoy stupid movies like Epic Movie for example, this is for you. If not, don't waste your money!
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WATCH THIS PILE OF HORSES**T!
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    I hope that Scary Movie 5 is paying attention right now because what are they thinking? A spoof movie filled with A-list actors and a slew of directors like my idol, James Gunn? Are they serious? I think Hollywood needs to put an end to the crappy spoof genre. Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve have some great cast (don't listen to the haters), but as a fan of the Scary Movie series thisI hope that Scary Movie 5 is paying attention right now because what are they thinking? A spoof movie filled with A-list actors and a slew of directors like my idol, James Gunn? Are they serious? I think Hollywood needs to put an end to the crappy spoof genre. Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve have some great cast (don't listen to the haters), but as a fan of the Scary Movie series this whole Movie 43 is not just beyond bad, it's one of the worst movies of the year. I saw the trailer and it was terrible, it just lasted for a half an hour. Hollywood loves crap! Fans can skip the movie and watch the Super Bowl. Expand
  4. Feb 3, 2013
    This is definitely an interesting take on a film with all of the different "stories" throughout the film and with such a great cast the film really had potential; I was really looking forward to being more surprised. Unfortunately the film really tried to be funny but it was wasted on fart humor and low brow silliness. I'll be the first to admit I love random hilarity but this film justThis is definitely an interesting take on a film with all of the different "stories" throughout the film and with such a great cast the film really had potential; I was really looking forward to being more surprised. Unfortunately the film really tried to be funny but it was wasted on fart humor and low brow silliness. I'll be the first to admit I love random hilarity but this film just didn't deliver. You could tell the cast really tried but i'd say in this case the writers may as well have dunked the script in the toilet because that's exactly the type of "humor" this movie portrays. Potty humor and disappointment. Expand
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    Is Movie 43 the worst film ever made? Probably, I know it's definitely the worst film I've ever seen so I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I couldn't even make it past the 1-hour mark before I had to stop watching, and I rarely get so tired of a movie that I have to stop. The movie essentially centers around Dennis Quaid's character trying to get his movie purchased from a studio, by anyIs Movie 43 the worst film ever made? Probably, I know it's definitely the worst film I've ever seen so I wouldn't be surprised. Honestly, I couldn't even make it past the 1-hour mark before I had to stop watching, and I rarely get so tired of a movie that I have to stop. The movie essentially centers around Dennis Quaid's character trying to get his movie purchased from a studio, by any means necessary. Well this "movie" is less of a movie and more of a bunch of skits, horrible skits, that feature endless stupidity and minimal, if any, laughter. Honestly, I feel like they should've paid me to watch this movie and I watched it for free. I truly feel sorry for anyone who watched this in theaters. They should steal awards from any actor who appeared in this film. Just pathetic. Expand
  6. Feb 10, 2013
    The truth of the matter is, many artists and performers have indeed sold their souls to the devil in order to achieve greatness Movie 43 is what happens when the devil eventually collects.
  7. Apr 17, 2013
    Watch the trailer. Those are all the funny parts in the movie.
    The plot is not existent, just like the jokes.

Seriously, worst 9 bucks I have ever spent. NEVER again...
  8. Feb 4, 2013
    Wow. Just wow. This movie was horrible. I feel sick to my stomach even giving this movie a 2 out of 10, because I know that anyone in their right mind should never be forced to see this movie unless it is through some form of torture. I would give it a 0, but I would be lying if I said I didn't laugh at least twice during the movie. That is it. I laughed twice. This movie is garbage, stayWow. Just wow. This movie was horrible. I feel sick to my stomach even giving this movie a 2 out of 10, because I know that anyone in their right mind should never be forced to see this movie unless it is through some form of torture. I would give it a 0, but I would be lying if I said I didn't laugh at least twice during the movie. That is it. I laughed twice. This movie is garbage, stay far away. Expand
  9. Aug 31, 2013
    So bad I thought I might have endless nightmares of this pitiful pointless movie. Am I allowed to call it a movie because it was more like a toilet bowl. These actors should be flushed.
  10. Jul 4, 2013
    Movie 43 is more than stupid, it is moronic silly and dumb with no story but lots of wasted talents, it is disgusting and distasteful. Not one segment is remarkable or even enjoyable, they are all yuk, low and dirty with uninteresting stories that don't lead to anything nor are connected to each other.
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    I am infertile because of this film. I'm ashamed to see people like Emma Stone, Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman in this film. I made it about an hour and fifteen minutes into this film before finally surrendering. Upset because of this film.
  12. Jan 22, 2014
    The concept behind Movie 43, in which a crazy screenwriter pitches terrible movie ideas at an increasingly confused and agitated movie producer, is potentially a good one. Unfortunately the execution is almost universally awful.

Virtually every one of the fifteen or so short segments relies on gross out humour and, on top of being unfunny, a few are just horrible to watch. Even seemingly promising concepts, such as superhero speed dating go by without raising so much as a smile. The only question left to ask is how the hell did it attract such a stellar cast?

If you want a better example of the same concept seek out a movie called 'The Independent' starring Jerry Stiller, it’s far from perfect but much better than this load disgusting rubbish.
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    I literally can't express to you how misleading this movie was. I have to give credit to the trailer creators because they are the only reason this film made any money. Go watch the trailer of the movie and then you have watched the best parts of the movie. It doesn't get any better it just drops off a cliff. I am a huge fan for immature, boundary pushing comedy but this just takes it tooI literally can't express to you how misleading this movie was. I have to give credit to the trailer creators because they are the only reason this film made any money. Go watch the trailer of the movie and then you have watched the best parts of the movie. It doesn't get any better it just drops off a cliff. I am a huge fan for immature, boundary pushing comedy but this just takes it too far. I'll spare you the details just promise the planet that you will avoid this movie at all costs! Expand
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    I'm ashamed to admit I chuckled a few times, but largely, I just laughed at the fact that this was made. Someone out there thought this was a good idea and managed to get A-List actors involved. While it is horrible, it should be seen by anyone in the mood to watch something awful.
  15. Jan 26, 2013
    I don't feel like I watch the movie so much as I was assaulted by it. If I could find a way to have the police bring a film up on charges of battery I would. Alas, if Andy Warhol can call a painting of a soup can art, then yes Hollywood can call this a work of cinema. This film walks the excruciatingly thin line between gibberish and coherent communication. Honestly, if all of those A-ListI don't feel like I watch the movie so much as I was assaulted by it. If I could find a way to have the police bring a film up on charges of battery I would. Alas, if Andy Warhol can call a painting of a soup can art, then yes Hollywood can call this a work of cinema. This film walks the excruciatingly thin line between gibberish and coherent communication. Honestly, if all of those A-List performers simply got naked and make barking sounds for two hours, that would have been more artful than this pile of nothing. Sadly, though, I am not a studio executive or film director, so I will sit here $10 poorer for having been victim to this criminal enterprise. Expand
  16. Aug 13, 2013
    I laughed more in the 2 minute trailer for Kick-Ass 2 than I did in 90 minutes of Movie 43. Every joke is about poo, wee, farts, sex, vomit, periods and even more farts. Thank god Christopher Mintz Plasse and Chloe Moretz were in their to provide about 3 laughs.
  17. Feb 10, 2013
    I didn't love it, but I laughed a lot, so I guess the movie served it's purpose. The opening sketch with Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman was the best one in my opinion and set the tone for what to expect beautifully. It was a joy to watch some of the high calibre actors to use their talent for this
  18. Feb 13, 2013
    Just bad! With such amazing actors you would expect so much more. The film is pretty much a long sketch show but the plot for the reasoning of the sketches is badly thought out, stupid and badly acted. Each sketch has promising concepts and starts out relatively funny but then degenerates into unnecessary grossness which ultimately is unfunny. Granted there are some funny moments but wouldJust bad! With such amazing actors you would expect so much more. The film is pretty much a long sketch show but the plot for the reasoning of the sketches is badly thought out, stupid and badly acted. Each sketch has promising concepts and starts out relatively funny but then degenerates into unnecessary grossness which ultimately is unfunny. Granted there are some funny moments but would not recommend especially if you cringe easily or are squeamish. Expand
  19. Feb 17, 2013
    Don't even bother to watch Movie 43. It's the most stupidest comedy ever made in 2013's history. If you want to watch a boring, stupid net comedy movie you can watch sketches on youtube! But this film carries you in to waste you money on something you can watch free on youtube! The only "meh" sketch was at the end but this film is overall stupid. Avoid this movie while you still can. 0/10
  20. Jul 13, 2013
    This is a horribly made, stupid, uneven and beyond a WTF-fest. Every joke is completely immature and inane, completely relying on "offensive" jokes. It's one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen but I giggled once (I'll get into that later) but I felt like my IQ dropped 100 points afterwards. It's not necessarily due to the raunchy humor, (though that was a factor) but mostly how theThis is a horribly made, stupid, uneven and beyond a WTF-fest. Every joke is completely immature and inane, completely relying on "offensive" jokes. It's one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen but I giggled once (I'll get into that later) but I felt like my IQ dropped 100 points afterwards. It's not necessarily due to the raunchy humor, (though that was a factor) but mostly how the entire film was witless and relied on childish jokes involving feces, bodily fluids, language and mild bestiality and incest. Some sketches were just horrendous and some were just awful. (Which one is worse? Exactly.) These are all DISGUSTING, crude, and void of any wit at all. I can laugh at crude; 21 Jump Street, Ted, and This is the End made me cry with laughter, but these are the worst things I have ever had to endure.

The one with Anna Faris and Chris Pratt was unbearably awful and made me want to shoot myself in the face; it's just one "joke" about how gross they can make dialogue about coprophilia, all while seemingly trying to harm the audience's intelligence. The iBabe sketch was really bad given how terminally stupid it was, as was the Beezel sketch given its terminal velocity of terribleness. I was disappointed by the Homeschooled sketch because the idea is actually very funny: two parents harassing their home schooled child in order to give him a true high school experience. However, that went past when it was funny and just became uncomfortable given the jokes about child abuse and mother-son and father-son incest. It truly could have been hilarious, but it just made me want to leave due to how mean-spirited and void of wit it was.

Because this is a series of sketches, the characters aren't actual characters, just actors due to the non-existent plot and non-existent character development. The cast is good, so you're watching screen saying, "That's not a character, but it's just Emma Stone, who I really like." Right after that, you become overrun with an unspeakable amount of pity and depression in regards to how all of these amazing actors and actresses are in this: the worst movie of all time. (Keep in mind that I've seen Jack and Jill and Piranha 3DD.) Speaking of Emma Stone, her sketch was the only one that had me giggle. Her banter with Kieran Culkin and their love-hate relationship and jokes actually made me chortle once, and I'll admit that. (Their arguing, "chicken-egg" debate, the Golden Girls, etc.) The Batman and Robin sketch also had *some* potential elements of funniness, such as a joke about Superman's hair and comic book references, but it was wasted away. The timing is bad and the shots in the film feel like a first take, as if they didn't even try. All mentioned moments, also, add up to about 20 seconds total. That's 0.35% of the entire "film".

Ultimately, the most depressing part of it all is that the cast is actually in this crap. They don't seem to be trying and it's documented by one of the directors/producers that no one actually wanted to be in this; it's evident due to the horrid delivery of "funny" lines. The entire cast is wasted and nowhere in the 94 minutes of trash did they ever take advantage of their incredible, funny and talented actors. This is the stupidest film of all time but I somehow giggled once. Is it a good movie? No. Never. Not at all in the slightest. In fact, it's the worst movie of all time. It has EVERYTHING wrong with Hollywood and the world in one atrocity. A-listers to cynically attract audiences (victims, really), a pile of trash that has absolutely no work put into it, no art whatsoever, a "comedy" with no laughs, and it somehow managed to make 94 minutes feel like four hours.

After you cringe two or three times due to the humor (which is all driven by making people go "ew", nothing else), you really do get bored. It's so repetitive, and I can't believe that not a single sketch was good. This could have been really good, considering the talent involved, but once they decided to make it all obscene, they should have stopped. There's no way to win. You infuriate and insult 99.99% of the audience and once they become accustomed to the beyond lowbrow "humor" that it's going for, you become numbed to it and begin to cry inside. It's lose-lose-lose. It's expected for an anthology to not be 100% great, but the ratio of miss-to-hit here is simply astounding.

Sitting through it made me a stronger person, and one of the worst parts of it was that it was so incredibly boring. This is the biggest disgrace to cinema ever, something that I love near and dear, something that is truly my passion. I used to like a ton of these actors, but I won't be able to forget their involvement in this catastrophe. At least Elizabeth Banks' sketch is halfway through the credits so most people won't see it. Also, they cut out the sketch where Anton Yelchin played a necrophiliac that would rape female bodies at the morgue at which he worked.

If I were to ever commit suicide, r
  21. Aug 13, 2013
    Just because it has a lot of famous stars it doesn't mean that it is a good film.
    I admit: some scenes were nice and I laughed, but most of them were so stupid that i was embarrassed for the actors/actresses who played in.
    I can't say that it's so bad that it deserves 0 as scores because the idea was nice but just that. It seems to be written by a 16 years old guy. Probably they
    It seems to be written by a 16 years old guy.
    Probably they thought that just for the stars, they would have gain a lot of money... If they just worked more on it (and not just putting some trashy jokes in it) it would be the funniest movie of the year!
  22. Aug 29, 2013
    Just pure This movie has none redeemable quality to it: the actors are really bad (and I love almost all of them in other movies) and the story is god-awful and non-existent. I know this movie was made to make a horrible movie, they admit it in the movie itself. They just succeded too much.
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    I didn't originally know this was a movie told through sketches, but now that I do, I also know this movie is terrible. There are one or two funny sketches but the rest of the movie is a huge waste of time and an embarrassment.
  24. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really don't know what's more disturbing, the amount of good actors, and major stars, that agreed to star on this abomination of a movie, or what this movie considers funny, which is just gross, and I don't even want to describe it for your sake. Expand
  25. Feb 1, 2014
    I am so suprised by how a movie with so many of my favorite actors could be so bad. I went into it knowing all the bad reviews and everyone hating it and it was still below my expectations! The only skit i liked in the entire movie was the Emma Stone and Kieran Culkin bit. The superhero one also had its moments but still not good.
  26. Jan 27, 2013
    I enjoy sketch comedies. I really do. WKUK is one of my favorites shows of the past decade. So, I went into Movie 43 with higher than average expectations; that was a bad idea. The huge cast list of A-listers is probably the only reason the movie will sell well. In WKUK, the humor is at times low-brow, but also had a consistently dark and sophisticated undertone, and was actuallyI enjoy sketch comedies. I really do. WKUK is one of my favorites shows of the past decade. So, I went into Movie 43 with higher than average expectations; that was a bad idea. The huge cast list of A-listers is probably the only reason the movie will sell well. In WKUK, the humor is at times low-brow, but also had a consistently dark and sophisticated undertone, and was actually funny. Here, the only humor derives from the idea that big names like these would involve themselves in garbage like this. WKUK did better most to all of the premises to the sketches in this movie, and they do it with a cast of nobodies. I laughed initially at the Hugh Jackman scene (already done better by WKUK, also with the period scene and basically every other scene in the movie), but that initial punchline was supposed to keep me laughing for 10 minutes? Really? That's the problem: any hint of a punchline is either surrounded by truly awful and unfunny 7th grade humor, or is extrapolated to the point of taking back the laugh you may have had at the beginning of the scene. Save your money, watch a season of WKUK and actually laugh. Expand
  27. Jan 27, 2013
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

seriously it was probably the worst movie me and my gf have ever seen. we were going to walk out a few times but stayed in hopes it might possible get better. it didn't. we both love stupid comedies but this didn't even qualify for that it was just stupid. neither of us can figure out for the life of us how the director managed to get all the actors that
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

neither of us can figure out for the life of us how the director managed to get all the actors that were in this movie. there was a few academy award winners and other that are considered really good actors. pretty much 90% of the actors in the movie are all BIG names. how the heck did the director convince them to do this BS movie???

it had a few funny parts but very few and far between.

honestly i would have felt ripped off if i had only spent $2 to see this movie. i feel REALLY ripped off that i spent full price.

TLDR version.

DO NOT go and see this movie. don't even rent it one of if not the worst movie ive ever seen.
  28. Jan 27, 2013
    I know what you're thinking when you look at the bad reviews. "All funny movies get bad reviews, even if they are hilarious". This movie was honestly a disappointment. It's definitely is NOT worth you're money to see it in theaters, unless you have nothing else better to do. Don't get me wrong, it had its laugh-out-loud moments here and there, but nothing of what I expected. A lot of itI know what you're thinking when you look at the bad reviews. "All funny movies get bad reviews, even if they are hilarious". This movie was honestly a disappointment. It's definitely is NOT worth you're money to see it in theaters, unless you have nothing else better to do. Don't get me wrong, it had its laugh-out-loud moments here and there, but nothing of what I expected. A lot of it was just stupid, and not in that stupid-funny way either. It was more stupid and dumb than funny. If you're up for it, go ahead and see it in theaters, but be prepared to feel like your money was wasted. Expand
  29. Mar 2, 2013
    it was an alright movie but do not take it serously it is bascially a bunch of short sketches pilled into one movie i will admit it was entertaining and it had some funny sketches i like the halle berry truth or dare and the leprechaun one 6/10
  30. Jan 25, 2013
    It challenges for the worst thing I have ever seen.
    It challenges for the worst thing I have ever seen.
    I love potty, cheesy humor but this was well beyond being even remotely entertaining. my particular show had about 4-5 people walk out before the half point, I wish I had as well as it became painful to sit thru. it is only sporadically funny with 98% of the rest being so unbelievably stupid to watch, it ruins that 2% of the humor that did work. Some will come away offended by some of its nature, I think most will see it as one of the worst movies they have ever sat thru. I can not for the life of me understand how they got the stars they did to act in this. the principle was great, get great mainstream actors to go completely off the reservation in a crude cheesy way but they just go way too far in this one and most of the humor attempts just don't work. like I said, people left, and for those who stayed, didn't hear much more then a rare chuckle or two.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 23 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Dec 24, 2013
    After watching Peter Farrelly’s Movie 43, I was immediately overcome with a sudden rush of emotion: not amusement, anger or even mild irritation, but a profound and faintly tragic sense of pity.
  2. Reviewed by: Laremy Legel
    Feb 26, 2013
    An epically miserable viewing experience, go ahead and skip this one unless you’re seeking to answer the riddle of what happens when people don’t try at their jobs.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Feb 3, 2013
    Movie 43 is sketchy, in every sense. It's a collection of short comedy films in the manner of the 70s cult classic "Kentucky Fried Movie," each with a separate director, in which many very famous actors have been persuaded to take part.