6.1

1. May 19, 2011
    Out of all the Adam Sandler movies I've seen, this one's my favorite. Barely any sexual references, yet funny throughout the entire movie!
  2. Dec 21, 2011
    A great comedy, and a good romance in it too, I found myself laughing often, and Adam Sandler gives a good performance but not his best, I did find myself questioning if he was the best choice for the character, but its got its hilarious moments, and if your a fan of Adam Sandler or Happy Madison then this is a must watch.
  3. Jul 18, 2013
    Mr Deeds may not be the best movie of all time but it is far from the worst. The concept of an average working class man suddenly finding himself amongst the upper class has been seen far too many times already but there is still the odd laugh to be had.

I wouldn't bother seeking this one out but if there's nothing else on TV it might be worth a watch.
  4. Jan 12, 2012
    I like Adam Sandler but his role as Mr. Deeds lacks his ambition and this is one of his worst films I've seen. It's a predictable that's unpleasant in too many scenes of humor for such a comedy that tries to be light.
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    I thought it was a good comedy. It does get generic and corny ,like every Sandler film, but it was still well enough overall for a watch. I enjoyed it.
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    Contrary to popular belief, Deeds isn't terrible, there's just no reason to seek it out. Its a film one would watch to pass time. Don't expect anything amazing.
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    Seeing all the bad reviews, I was expecting something terrible. Instead I found the goofy laughs entertaining, but surprisingly Sandler wasn't delivering many of them.
  8. Mar 1, 2014
    Unlike his earlier films, Sandler shows us the warm side of his personality. He shows us that he is a talented comedian when given the correct material.

Armed with a dinner theater accent and hair that looks like an LP melted on his head, Turturro pockets the picture. As a demonstration of his newly accessed maturity and benevolence, Sandler helps him do it.
  2. Sandler is -- à la "The Wedding Singer" -- in his washout romantic mode here, and no amount of spastic-colon jokes, cartoon violence or good-buddy cameos (Al Sharpton, John McEnroe) can distract from the fact that Gary Cooper he ain't.
  3. Mr. Deeds, is -- perhaps predictably -- pretty much of a disaster. It's a bit like someone scrawling a mustache on the Mona Lisa.