tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jun 7, 2014
    First 20 minutes are ok, another hour is just extremely boring (and so not scary!), hardly kept myself from falling asleep. Actors are ok, decorations are ok, but the script of the 'scary part' is absolutely awful, honestly speaking I would prefer some kinda family drama with two main characters of this film.
  2. Nov 24, 2014
    Summary: Mr. Jones is definitely one of the worst found-footage films I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). 10/100 [F+]

I don't want to waste more of my time reviewing this "movie", so I'll go straight to the point. The first minutes of Mr. Jones are quite well done and the main leads are likable. Unfortunately, it falls flat after the second half because it becomes very confusing, the whole plot is difficult to follow, the film turns out dull and uninteresting. This is one of the worst found-footage films I've seen (and I've seen a lot). Seriously, the last 30 minutes are a torture but I gave it a chance because I love found-footage movies, I saw it until the end credits. Sadly I didn't find a payoff.

Mr. Jones (the dude, not the film) is terrifying, he is creepy and in some scenes he gave me the creeps, but the worst thing about this flick is how that is the best thing about it. Another issue is that the characters became atrociously stupid in the second half and they started to make brainless decisions. I just read the plot line on IMDb, it's so freaking awesome!, maybe with another director it would have been great. Moving on, the final act is very strange, these dumb characters begin to hallucinate, then they leave the found-footage style and after several minutes of boredom, it finally ends.

Mr. Jones ends up being confusing, boring and a disappointment. There are only a couple scenes that I liked, but they don't make any sense. One of these scenes is when the guy goes down to a weird place underground and he finds a dead baby. Anyway, Mr. Jones had potential but it was so boring, tedious and it lacks of character development. I really like the camera work but the characters are dumb and the plot is confusingly strange. In conclusion, Mr. Jones has a few scary moments and good acting, however the film wastes its creepy villian in a confusing, uninteresting tale. [F+]

1. Reviewed by: Michael Nordine
    May 2, 2014
    Mr. Jones is the stuff of both conspiracy theories and collegiate discourse, and Mueller's elliptical exploration and creation of that mythology sets the bar a bit too high for his much-less-interesting protagonists to fully clear.
  2. Reviewed by: Gabe Toro
    May 1, 2014
    What's distinct about Mr. Jones is that it lengthily utilizes three separate storytelling techniques... Given the sloppiness of Karl Mueller's directorial debut, it feels less like innovation and more like an attempt to cover up shortcomings.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    May 1, 2014
    Mr. Jones has the bones of something freaky but succumbs to a penchant for alienating chaos over sustained, abiding creep.