6.5

1. Jan 17, 2011
    This movie isn't going to change your life but that wasn't it's purpose. Sit back and watch two actors at the height of their powers have some fun, blow off some steam and bring us along for the ride. A movie with the rare gift of allowing multiple viewings without a thought of boredom creeping in (see also MI3). A classic in the vein of 1950s comedies/action pictures. ENJOY
  2. Aug 31, 2010
    This movie is a great action flick that is also funny. It actually shows real chemistry between the two throughout the movie, you really get the feel of how those two are around each other.
  3. LawrenceM.
    Jun 11, 2005
    This flick is as bad as it gets. Cars gettting blown up on a highway but not a cop in sight. Machine guns and houses blowing up but not a fire truck anywhere. Our two battling spouses wearing bullet proof vests but the professional swat teams do not. With all the violence surrounding them you never once see the face of those they are fighting with. The bad guys go down with one shot like This flick is as bad as it gets. Cars gettting blown up on a highway but not a cop in sight. Machine guns and houses blowing up but not a fire truck anywhere. Our two battling spouses wearing bullet proof vests but the professional swat teams do not. With all the violence surrounding them you never once see the face of those they are fighting with. The bad guys go down with one shot like sitting ducks in a shooting a gallery. I wish I could tell you the plot, but unfortunately, there isn't one as they just meander their way through this dreadful movie. And as for character development, forget about it, you don't feel a blessed thing for anyone. About the only reason to go see this is because the newspapers have been buzzing about this movie being the cause for the breakup between Jen and Brad. Guess what? If Jen sees this movie she would probably laugh as that is how bad it is. I always wondered how they marketed Pet Rocks? Now I know. The PR and hype on this movie will make you go see it. But be forewarned, you will walk out of the theater shaking your head in disbelief. Collapse
  4. May 17, 2012
    i think it a great achievement for a film if it's equally much fun to see the characters talk to one another and shoot one another. screenplay is one of the best i've seen in a long time, and you can teach a class on the mixing of action and romance.
  5. Apr 30, 2013
    When people say there is lack of chemistry between Jolie and Pitt I think it is ridiculous. There is obviously chemistry as there was a real relationship building on set. The film may be sloppy and in some parts forgettable, but when it's great it is truly really fun to watch. Where there is comedy, it is funny and where there is action it's visually pleasing. I think the film is fun forWhen people say there is lack of chemistry between Jolie and Pitt I think it is ridiculous. There is obviously chemistry as there was a real relationship building on set. The film may be sloppy and in some parts forgettable, but when it's great it is truly really fun to watch. Where there is comedy, it is funny and where there is action it's visually pleasing. I think the film is fun for all, at times clumsy, but overall a great popcorn flick. Expand
  6. Jul 29, 2014
    Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have an undeniable chemistry that is often more than satisfying, but the result is nothing more than a stereotypical action flick. There is a bit of originality in the plot, but in the end it feels generic, even though enjoyable.
  7. Jun 10, 2014
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith is one of those completely implausible, yet completely fun action-comedy romps that can be watched over and over again without boredom. The chemistry between Pitt and Jolie is (obviously) great, which makes the movie a special treat for the viewer.
    Apr 12, 2006
    This is my new favorite movie, they work so well together!
  9. HishamI.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Watched this movie and I thing it is great!!!
  10. Jul 27, 2011
    After hearing about the hype of this couple since I don't pay attention to celebrity gossip I decided to see them in action. This movie was a complete joke and made them both look as terrible actors. If their relationship is as interesting as this movie....
  11. Sep 12, 2014
    Not really surprising, or thrilling. This could have been a really good movie, but it just can't pull itself through.

Yes, there's action, and yes, there's Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. And... that's about it. This won't make you ponder about deeper meanings of the movie - I guess because there ain't any.
  12. Sep 4, 2014
    The chemistry between our two leads is astonishing--it's quite easy to see why they moved on to marry one another. Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a nod to marriage and secrets--just wait until all is revealed.
  13. Jan 3, 2013
    The action is unlogical - just like the plot - and officious, the comedy isn't there. The punchlines got punched so weak by Mr. Pitt & Mrs. Jolie, I was impressed by how bad they are able to play. Most of that is because of the unbelievably stupid screenplay that snitches ideas from pretty much every action comedy before this one. Some parts can be considered okay and the scene whereThe action is unlogical - just like the plot - and officious, the comedy isn't there. The punchlines got punched so weak by Mr. Pitt & Mrs. Jolie, I was impressed by how bad they are able to play. Most of that is because of the unbelievably stupid screenplay that snitches ideas from pretty much every action comedy before this one. Some parts can be considered okay and the scene where Adrian Brody is kidapped even made me smirk. However, 95% of this overlong and completely dull flick got me surprised of how poor Hollywood movies can get nowadays. Expand
  14. Nov 28, 2012
    There are some hugely entertaining action sequences and the chemistry between the two leads is undoubtedly strong, but it just lacks a certain dose of humanity within its characters.
  15. Apr 6, 2014
    Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Performance is badder then ever an okay violent film . and of the 88% enjoyable . Grade B..........................................................................
  16. BrianS.
    Jun 4, 2005
    More interesting writing than most action films.
  17. Matt
    Nov 30, 2005
    More unforgiveable than the lack of chemistry between Jolie and Pitt is that a film that thinks it's an all-out action caper is actually horrendously dull. Jolie looks hot, but then she always does, yet still can't act to save her life. Pitt hams it up effectively enough and deserves much, much better than what this high-concept, low-thrills movie delivers.
  18. ReenaG.
    Jun 10, 2005
    nothing more than a fun ride...finally.
  19. ericy.
    Jun 12, 2005
    An enjoyable film. There was some good, albeit unrealistic, action and some great comic relief from Vince Vaughn. Pitt and Jolie were a good team. Not the best film that I've seen this year, or this month for that matter, but worth the time.
  20. DougC.
    Yes! Great Flick!
  21. RogerD.
    Jun 12, 2005
    This could have been so good. Started out slow and then became a train wreck. No chemistry between the stars. She was smart and sexy, and well, he was sexy. The storyline was simply awful. Word of mouth will kill this movie in about three weeks time. I gave it a three because the advanced publicity by the marketing department separated me from my money. Whatever the PR department was paid This could have been so good. Started out slow and then became a train wreck. No chemistry between the stars. She was smart and sexy, and well, he was sexy. The storyline was simply awful. Word of mouth will kill this movie in about three weeks time. I gave it a three because the advanced publicity by the marketing department separated me from my money. Whatever the PR department was paid was worth its weight in gold because this movie is terrible. Expand
  22. Dion
    Jun 10, 2005
    How stupid was I, paying to see this crap!
  23. B.R.
    Great!!
  24. VictorR.
    Jun 16, 2005
    Dumber than doggie doo. NO plot and lifeless faceless characters we care nothing about. Both stars are in need of a major movie because after this is seen there won't be any more free passes for either of them? Well, maybe Angelina Jolie as she is delicious to look at.
  25. MarioS.
    Jun 19, 2005
    I would suggest that Holywood could turn this Mr and Mrs Smith into a series to rival/replace the aging James Bond series. Subtlety, sarcasm, class, comedy, action, spies... etc everything James Bond have and specialy don't have.
  26. GeorgeK.
    Jun 4, 2005
    the coolest, sexiest movie in years. i saw a preview screening, and i'm going back when it opens. this is a truly great movie.
  27. Aqualines78
    Jun 9, 2005
    Excellent Movie! Amazing Background score and obviously a hot pair!
  28. RafaelC
    Jul 10, 2005
    I went to see this movie with 9 Friends, not even 1 of them liked the Movie, and i just wanted to get the out of the Theater, Imagine how bad it was if ALL the audience BOWED when the movie ended... Dont waste your money in this crap.
  29. marijak.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Poor story compensated by excessive violence from sthe start to the end. Makes you think why the stars with so much money do such films.
  30. AaronL.
    Aug 1, 2006
    it's not that bad, i thought the story is cleverly told and it's great visually, i think the people who voted on this film are, people who actually watch films, people who loves pitt and hates jolie, or people who loves jolie and hates pitt, both due to jealousy, obviously.
  31. WackyWherehouse
    Jul 2, 2007
    What a long commercial, gin, jonhnny , mercedes benz., and super watches . Be sure to read credits, written by, simon kinberg AKA smoking erb, went to school with the fool.
  32. MovieGoer
    Jun 14, 2008
    This was a bit of a lame film, it just doesn't have that quality like True Lies or Romancing the Stone/War of Roses movies. It was overhyped using Brangelina, the story/script was a little weak and some 'comedic' moments weren't funny and too cliche. Some of it was kinda cringeworthy, Brad and Angelina's acting were good considering the bad script they were This was a bit of a lame film, it just doesn't have that quality like True Lies or Romancing the Stone/War of Roses movies. It was overhyped using Brangelina, the story/script was a little weak and some 'comedic' moments weren't funny and too cliche. Some of it was kinda cringeworthy, Brad and Angelina's acting were good considering the bad script they were working with, although some of that acting was a bit too superficial/cliche too. Some parts of the film was not that bad, but some of it really was crap. It wouldn't be a film I'd see again. Expand
  33. JimS.
    Nov 29, 2005
    The movie plot, while pressed to the limits of probability, is semi-unique. The characters protrayed by the actors are believeable and fresh. It is a movie of mainly gratutitous action, but that isn't all bad for many of us.
  34. AdamL.
    Nov 30, 2005
    Just another sex and Fight film...how cliche!
  35. DavidS
    Dec 2, 2005
    So so bad, just horrible. The people who like this film must be part of an elaborate conspiracy to try and con people into watching total trash so it makes more money in dvd sales. No plot, ridiculous "action" scenes, not funny at all.....pure drivel.
  36. JoeX.
    Jun 11, 2005
    This was a great summer action/ love story. It had it all, action/ and a plot. This movie was well thought out, story line, comedy, ect. Much better than what you may expect. I didnt expect too much from this movie but walked away very very please. Worth admission.
  37. JaneR.
    Jun 11, 2005
    In a word I want a refund! Too bad to be believed. There is no script and the acting is awful. And where is the alledged chemistry between these two stars? No words can do justice as to how bad this is.
  38. JoyS.
    Jun 10, 2005
    The end got a little messy (figuratively speaking), but for the most part this is a great ride, with some amazing chemistry between the two stars. It also provided quite a few laughs. Great matinee movie.
  39. HectorF.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Angelina is one hot babe. As for the movie you have to be kidding. Did I mention that AJ is one hot babe and eye candy for us guys. The movie is just plain stupid without any real suspense. Did I mention that my Angelina is very hot? Brad comes off as an amateur, a high school actor, and a bit of a jerk. But Angelina Jolie is hot hot hot. The movie sucked but who cares?
  40. MonicaM.
    Jun 12, 2005
    It's a very entertaining ride, and the chemistry between Jolie & Pitt is definitely the main attraction. However, I have to state for the record that Bogota, Colombia is not in the jungle and the weather is cool all year round. I would love Hollywood to care just a bit and do research when they are writing about foreign countries. How hard would it have been for them to crack open an It's a very entertaining ride, and the chemistry between Jolie & Pitt is definitely the main attraction. However, I have to state for the record that Bogota, Colombia is not in the jungle and the weather is cool all year round. I would love Hollywood to care just a bit and do research when they are writing about foreign countries. How hard would it have been for them to crack open an almanac? Please, please, your movies are exported all over the world- get it right. Expand
  41. AlexK.
    Jun 10, 2005
    The perfect Summer film. It isn't Lawrence of Arabia, but it is a great, fun, exciting, good to look at film!
  42. Georgie-Porgie
    Jun 10, 2005
    Oh my God was this movie awful. Congratulations to the marketing department for making this absolute turkey into a must see film. It starts off very slowly. What we thought we were going to see was an updated True Lies the flick with Arnie and Jamie Lee that was fabulous. What we got is an unbelievable amateur film without any real acting, directing or even a screenplay. It is so bad that Oh my God was this movie awful. Congratulations to the marketing department for making this absolute turkey into a must see film. It starts off very slowly. What we thought we were going to see was an updated True Lies the flick with Arnie and Jamie Lee that was fabulous. What we got is an unbelievable amateur film without any real acting, directing or even a screenplay. It is so bad that words alone cannot describe how inept this film truly is. Most of the actors other than Angelina and Brad are hardly noticed. There is no suspense and everything in this farce is totally predictable. There is no suspense and you care little or nothing for the characters. The physical heat we expected to see somehow got lost in shipping the film to the theater. Brad looks like an idiot school boy hardly what you would expect from a hardened professional assasin. No matter what I say, the public will pay to see the PR and buy the hype. But be warned that you will leave the theater terribly disappointed. It doesn't even qualify as a made for TV movie as it is that bad. Avoid at all costs. You have been warned. Expand
  43. DavidA.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Not a bad movie but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want an action movie with some romantic scenes watch it.
  44. FloydB.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Angelina Jolie is hot and sexy. For that I gave the film a 1. As for the rest of the movie, it was so bad that I feel embarassed for being tricked into seeing it. It's trailer trash. I would feel foolish telling my friends that I even went to see it. Iit was that bad.
  45. Stephanie
    Jun 17, 2005
    It was entertaining. I liked it. I laughed. I don't understand the low scores. It's good for what it is.
  46. ChristopherB.
    Jun 17, 2005
    It was okay. Reminded me of "True Lies" This movie would have been straight to DVD if not for it's Star Power.
  47. LizD.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Lackluster in every sense of the word. A total ripoff. Don't waste your time or money.
  48. BryanN.
    Jun 19, 2005
    A great movie with lots if action and great sounds, not forgetting extremely humorous and good acting. An enjoyable experience. Seductive too.
  49. GeorgeD.
    Jun 21, 2005
    Engaging set of actors? Good director? Good Script? What the hell were you watching? First of all neither of them can act. The directions was awful. As for the script it was laughable. You feel nothing at all for the characters. And there is no suspense whatsoever. It is simply a vehicle for you to come to the zoo and oogle over Brad and Angelina while the hucksters separate you from your Engaging set of actors? Good director? Good Script? What the hell were you watching? First of all neither of them can act. The directions was awful. As for the script it was laughable. You feel nothing at all for the characters. And there is no suspense whatsoever. It is simply a vehicle for you to come to the zoo and oogle over Brad and Angelina while the hucksters separate you from your hard earned money. The flick is a complete and total disaster. A train wreck given to us by the hyped up PR Hollywood crew who are laughing at us all the way to the bank. Expand
  50. RajivM.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Boring and poorly directed. The acting, well there wasn't any. No suspense and the characters were lifeless. A waste of a movie.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Just plain fun. No twists, no heavy lifting. I had a blast.
  52. ChrisB
    Jun 29, 2005
    Great funny, had funny momements and then kept you similing all the way through. Some of the fights were shot far to close up for you to see anything but that seems to be common now. As for the realism of Bogota, its just a film for christ's sake! get a grip.
  53. PatH
    Jun 29, 2005
    There is nothing wrong with this film. Not spectacular, but very good.
  54. BillR.
    Jun 3, 2005
    Actually, I thought it was an 8.5! It was one of the best "shoot-em-ups" I've seen in years. Dialog was tight and funny, Angelina and Brad were well correographed and it was just great fun.
  55. CodyO.
    Jun 30, 2005
    When i first saw the trailer for this movie, i though wow, great action movie coming, but what i found was a couple of good action scenes, and while the story around it was not horrible, i thought that it really got bogged down on itself and took away from the action experience.
  56. KathleenC.
    Jun 4, 2005
    I saw a preview of this dreadful movie and it is a great waste of money and pretty people. There are two semi-interesting scenes beginning and ending the film and the rest is just idiotic shooting.
  57. NJ
    Jun 7, 2005
    I can't believe i wasted my time and money on that absolute bunch of crap. it is so illogical and meaningless. this has to be one of the worst I have ever seen. it's a pity to see such mega stars do such hopeless roles.
  58. davids.
    Jul 10, 2005
    A stupidddd movie, pointless, really sucks bad director, what else can i say? bore terrible.
  59. Amanda
    Jul 12, 2005
    Omg i loved it expecially the dance scene when angelina checks brad for guns .. lol that was hilarious.
  60. VetaN.
    Jul 13, 2005
    I enjoyed this movie. The rappor between Jolie and Pitt made the film worth watching: it reminded me of some of the great romantic comedies of bygone eras and it brought up some interesting questions about the war between the sexes. Jolie was totally hot! She plays a bitchin' babe, a tough gal who can dish it out, and compete in a man's world. Her performance wanted me to watch I enjoyed this movie. The rappor between Jolie and Pitt made the film worth watching: it reminded me of some of the great romantic comedies of bygone eras and it brought up some interesting questions about the war between the sexes. Jolie was totally hot! She plays a bitchin' babe, a tough gal who can dish it out, and compete in a man's world. Her performance wanted me to watch Laura Croft Tomb Raider on video. In spite of the rappor of Jolie and Pitt and the mod, cynical twist of the movie's take on marriage, I was bored toward the last half of the movie. The action sequences re-directed the focus of the movie, and I found that distracting. I liked the movie when it was a take off on a Hitchcock thriller with a modern and cynical edge; I liked it less when it digressed into a special effects fest. Expand
  61. caralines.
    Jul 13, 2005
    It was really good i really enjoyed watching it in the film there were lots of funny bit i'm hoping to buy it on dvd when it aventually come out.
  62. Sandy
    Jul 3, 2005
    It is what it is. Go see the film without much expectation, and leave the cinema enthrilled! True that lots of things don't make any sense, it is not a film for class discussion. But comparing to others pop corn film, this belongs to the fun ones!
  63. GordoA.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Mr and Mrs Smith has everything you want in a movie. Pitt and Jolie worker great together.
  64. ToddM.
    Aug 2, 2005
    This movie had tons of action and laughs. Angelena is hotter than ever. This is the first summer in a long time that I have seen movies I have liked and this one is on the top of my list. I went with a few people who thought they were going to hate it and loved it.
  65. Devyn
    Aug 4, 2005
    Action Packed but Tiresome...I kept wanting it to hurry up and show credits.
  66. CritcsRmad
    Sep 9, 2005
    I thought having two incredibly hot people as the stars would make a movie at least enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately that isn't the case. The movie of course has its moments, but in whole it is tedious to watch and I couldn't wait for it to end. Which it took forever to do... Why does hollywood mess up such cool ideas? Could have been a really cool movie.
  67. Alessandra
    Jan 10, 2006
    Absolutely ridiculous premise. Violence for the sheer sake of violence. If Brad & Angelina were not the starring roles, I wonder whether anyone would go see it.
  68. DanC.
    Jan 4, 2006
    A point for the perfomance of Vince Vaughn.
  69. CharlesRB.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Started out as "cool", and then went to "childish".
  70. PatC.
    Feb 20, 2006
    Has some cute moments, but getting us to mindlessly laugh along with these mass-murdering sex objects is not the nominal aspiration of any serious film.
  71. StephenS.
    Feb 8, 2006
    Dreadful. One point for chutzpah. Straight fantasy violence. No subtext. No comedy (above knock-knock level). Nothing but pandering to sublevel drone mentality.
  72. K
    Apr 7, 2006
    Loved the action in the movie.
  73. ShelleyN.
    Jul 20, 2006
    I dont understand what kind of mindless person would like this movie. I give it a ine instead of a zero because Brads hot. Angelina was so dumb in this movie they didnt play well at all. Its one of those movies that you would fall asleep while watching.
  74. KevinD.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Jolie and Pitt are hot on their own, but they can't seem to connect. There's no plot and character development. Only lots of sex and guns, but hey, isn't that what it's about?
  75. sylvainb
    Oct 3, 2007
    Flat, empty. A good movie for brainless who just wanna see "hot" people on screen and pay for it.
  76. chris
    Jan 5, 2008
    Great premise, horrible delivery. this is the only movie i've ever walked out on. i didn't even walk out on Gigli, which is definetely saying something. The "soundtrack" to this movie was terrible. i've heard better music in an amateur porno.
  77. KoRW.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Rather boring and the plot isn't very good - they dragged everything out a bit much.
  78. QuincyN.
    Nov 29, 2005
    The final action sequence is insulting to anyone who has ever handled a weapon or has an IQ over 70.
  79. jaume
    So booooooooooooooooring.
  80. RoyM.
    Oct 16, 2005
    I saw this movie as in-flight entertainment on a plane and it was basically flip a coin for me as to whether to watch this free movie or take a nap. Both of the principals are entirely unbelievable as world's best assassins. I didn't find they had much chemistry that came across despite real world evidence to the contrary.
  81. PoofyLipped
    Dec 27, 2005
    Oh my God - I actually liked this film. I'm sorry and I'm just as shocked as you might be by reading a positive review but gosh darn it, I honestly liked it. I was ready for some horrible formulaic mindless garbage and what I saw was an ostensibly Hollywood film attempting sophistication. I thought the Director did a very good job in building tension and framing the lives of the Oh my God - I actually liked this film. I'm sorry and I'm just as shocked as you might be by reading a positive review but gosh darn it, I honestly liked it. I was ready for some horrible formulaic mindless garbage and what I saw was an ostensibly Hollywood film attempting sophistication. I thought the Director did a very good job in building tension and framing the lives of the two principles. And it was kind of oddly inspiring to watch such incredibly beautiful people in such action. Was it perfect? Heavens no. But as a rental I found it to be very entertaining. I found myself actually rooting for the two perfect people. I would've given it a higher score if they hadn't lost it in the final act when they are in the mini van. Prior to that, the script showed remarkable reserve and constraint in releasing tension without relying on the standard Hollywood-script-in-a-box fare. Anyhow, to sum up...I bought it (the story) and found myself to be pleasantly entertained by the film. Believe it or not. Expand
  82. J.A.Cambece
    Dec 2, 2005
    Nothing too ground breaking, the only good part is the eye candy.
  83. Pablo
    Dec 3, 2005
    Awesome!! This movie is a mixtture of good acting action. Nice as hell team of Angelina jolie and Brad pitt. The movie i will never forget.
  84. Jom
    Jun 11, 2005
    Saw it in a packed theater sitting next to a stinking guy and still stayed glued to my seat. Totally great.
  85. BrandonM.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith is pretty much an inoffensive popcorn-action flick that really doesn
  86. Jesse
    Jun 11, 2005
    Too funny whatever the hell it was meant to be. It was Saturday night at the amateur hour. I can't believe they got my ten bucks to pay for a ticket to this crap. Refund.
  87. DavidN.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Horrible waste of time and money. The lauded chemistry which was supposed to save this ripoff comes across as a smarmy inside joke. Another race movie - race to get the bucks before the word gets out what a stinker. ' Can't understand why professional critics give it more than one star.
  88. MarkS.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Other than the prettiness of the stars, this film is worthless. Women will like it for Pitt and the fact that the script makes him look inept and Jolie look like the consumate pro hitperson. Lame, rididulous action scenes. Certainly not worth a matinee price - rent it when it comes out on DVD - or better yet, borrow it.
  89. Detroit
    Jun 11, 2005
    Saw this last night in a half empty theater at 7 PM. That was my first warning. It is a movie for idiots. I couldn't care less about the screen characters. And truthfully, I came to see the sparks between Brad and Angelina; but unfortunately, it was all BS hype as there wasn't any. As a matter of fact, this dud of film is so bad, that these two beautiful stars are in need of Saw this last night in a half empty theater at 7 PM. That was my first warning. It is a movie for idiots. I couldn't care less about the screen characters. And truthfully, I came to see the sparks between Brad and Angelina; but unfortunately, it was all BS hype as there wasn't any. As a matter of fact, this dud of film is so bad, that these two beautiful stars are in need of resuscitating their careers. The film makes no sense and doesn't even remotely hold your interest. It is an action movie, but might as well be a cartoon. I was waiting for the dynamite to fall on someone's head and the Road Runner to appear and go Beep-Beep. People were actually walking out of the theater shaking their heads. Those waiting to see the next showing were told, "You'll be sorry." Expand
  90. WilliamG.
    Jun 1, 2005
    MR. AND MRS. SMITH is a terrific summer movie, which can have fun without insulting your intelligence. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have great chemistry, often sparring with words and weapons. Director Doug Liman (THE BOURNE IDENTITY) keeps the pace fast and furious, as several action sequences, including an incredible car chase, blow the audience away. Thankfully, the film has a great MR. AND MRS. SMITH is a terrific summer movie, which can have fun without insulting your intelligence. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have great chemistry, often sparring with words and weapons. Director Doug Liman (THE BOURNE IDENTITY) keeps the pace fast and furious, as several action sequences, including an incredible car chase, blow the audience away. Thankfully, the film has a great sense of humor, for better (THE OC's Adam Brody sports a FIGHT CLUB T-shirt opposite Brad Pitt) or for worse (while the film takes place in New York, signs marking Los Angeles city limits appear during the car chase). MR. AND MRS. SMITH is a total blast, and probably one of the better offerings this summer at the cineplex. Expand
  91. SaraV.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Great! The two hottest people EVER!!
  92. ChrisB.
    Jun 12, 2005
    My fiance and I really enjoyed ourselves watching this movie. Its not high art, its not a great "film" but it is lovely summer entertainment. It's pretty well paced, the banter between Jolie and Pitt is fun and effective and the cinemetography makes it easy to watch. Overall, a good popcorn munching, soda swilling summer afternoon/evening at the theater. Oh, is it just me or does My fiance and I really enjoyed ourselves watching this movie. Its not high art, its not a great "film" but it is lovely summer entertainment. It's pretty well paced, the banter between Jolie and Pitt is fun and effective and the cinemetography makes it easy to watch. Overall, a good popcorn munching, soda swilling summer afternoon/evening at the theater. Oh, is it just me or does pretty much every movie get rated 9/10 or 0/1 at this point. It'd be great to see some actual thought given to a post rather than just "this is the worst movie ever" or "this is the best movie ever"...just not helpful. Expand
  93. Graham
    Jun 12, 2005
    My wife and I saw this movie on opening weekend. It was pretty much what we expected - fun, moderately witty, not particularly deep. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. This movie was just plain fun to watch. You didn't have to think about the plot and the pace was quick throughout. Iexpect that this will be an enduring rental for years to come. It's violent but not bloody or too My wife and I saw this movie on opening weekend. It was pretty much what we expected - fun, moderately witty, not particularly deep. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. This movie was just plain fun to watch. You didn't have to think about the plot and the pace was quick throughout. Iexpect that this will be an enduring rental for years to come. It's violent but not bloody or too graphic, and there are lots of weapons as toys. I could have done without Vince Vaugn, but at least he didn't have a major role in the film. Expand
  94. DaveB.
    Jun 10, 2005
    The most fun i've had at the movies since Sin City. Great action scenes and some good humor. A great summer popcorn flick !
  95. BSpike
    Jun 13, 2005
    2 star movie. Nothing more, nothing less. The movie accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish, and that is an action/comedy with more props for the comedy than the unbelievablely overdone action sequences. Save your $9 and wait until the video release.
  96. MontyS.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Surprisingly bland and EXTREMELY unrealistic, even for a summer-blockbuster type movie...and that says a lot about this movie.. Hard to care for the invincible leads or what little plot there was.
  97. DebraL.
    Jun 14, 2005
    The acting was simply attrocious, the script was ludicrous, and the directing, well don't even make me go there. Other than about a dozen actors, the other two dozen, you never even get to see their faces. The story has more holes than swiss cheese. As for the reported chemistry between the two stars, sorry Charlie, that too was a bunch of bull. The movie is simply too awful to be The acting was simply attrocious, the script was ludicrous, and the directing, well don't even make me go there. Other than about a dozen actors, the other two dozen, you never even get to see their faces. The story has more holes than swiss cheese. As for the reported chemistry between the two stars, sorry Charlie, that too was a bunch of bull. The movie is simply too awful to be believed. I wouldn't even rent it. Expand
  98. AugustaT.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Hollywood got me again. Started slow and disintergrated from there. AJ was good, but what she saw in Pitt who acted like an idiot school boy, let alone a professional assasin is dubious at best. The story is terrible. Hollywood knew this movie was in trouble so they sold us their proverbial hype about AJ, BP and his former Mrs. JA. What a joke? Garbage in - garbage out.
  99. Tonydannie
    Jun 15, 2005
    First off.. I have to say I walked into this movie hoping for a good time. At least that. I did not want to feel like i had wasted my time .... But guess what.. this movie actually entertained me. Jolie Is not as anoying as i thought she would be And Pitt.. well..lets put it this way.. this is his most fun to watch performance since tyler durden.. There could have been a tad more action First off.. I have to say I walked into this movie hoping for a good time. At least that. I did not want to feel like i had wasted my time .... But guess what.. this movie actually entertained me. Jolie Is not as anoying as i thought she would be And Pitt.. well..lets put it this way.. this is his most fun to watch performance since tyler durden.. There could have been a tad more action and the home shoot out felt like War of the Roses 2.. but yet it was still a good fun time and i recomend you go see it..if you want to have a good time. or kill 2 hours of your time. Expand
  100. Irwin
    Jun 16, 2005
    Moronic is the only way to explain this horrible film. There is no suspense as everything is predictable. The acting was awful. Don't go see it.

1. Pitt coasts through the movie in second gear. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish with his tight-lipped, low-key performance; maybe he's angling to replace Tom Cruise in "Mission: Impossible IV."
    It's a perfect role for Jolie, whose seductive looks always seem to be concealing something dangerous, even predatory, and she brings out a looseness in Pitt, who fares much better in comedic roles than when playing things straight and stoic (i.e. Troy).
  3. Mr. & Mrs. Smith kicks off with panache and star power - and quickly wears out its welcome.