6.7

1. Jul 29, 2014
    Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have an undeniable chemistry that is often more than satisfying, but the result is nothing more than a stereotypical action flick. There is a bit of originality in the plot, but in the end it feels generic, even though enjoyable.
  2. Sep 12, 2014
    Not really surprising, or thrilling. This could have been a really good movie, but it just can't pull itself through.

Yes, there's action, and yes, there's Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. And... that's about it. This won't make you ponder about deeper meanings of the movie - I guess because there ain't any.
  3. Sep 4, 2014
    The chemistry between our two leads is astonishing--it's quite easy to see why they moved on to marry one another. Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a nod to marriage and secrets--just wait until all is revealed.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    There are some hugely entertaining action sequences and the chemistry between the two leads is undoubtedly strong, but it just lacks a certain dose of humanity within its characters.
  5. Apr 6, 2014
    Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Performance is badder then ever an okay violent film . and of the 88% enjoyable . Grade B..........................................................................
  6. Matt
    Nov 30, 2005
    More unforgiveable than the lack of chemistry between Jolie and Pitt is that a film that thinks it's an all-out action caper is actually horrendously dull. Jolie looks hot, but then she always does, yet still can't act to save her life. Pitt hams it up effectively enough and deserves much, much better than what this high-concept, low-thrills movie delivers.
  7. ericy.
    Jun 12, 2005
    An enjoyable film. There was some good, albeit unrealistic, action and some great comic relief from Vince Vaughn. Pitt and Jolie were a good team. Not the best film that I've seen this year, or this month for that matter, but worth the time.
  8. MovieGoer
    Jun 14, 2008
    This was a bit of a lame film, it just doesn't have that quality like True Lies or Romancing the Stone/War of Roses movies. It was overhyped using Brangelina, the story/script was a little weak and some 'comedic' moments weren't funny and too cliche. Some of it was kinda cringeworthy, Brad and Angelina's acting were good considering the bad script they were This was a bit of a lame film, it just doesn't have that quality like True Lies or Romancing the Stone/War of Roses movies. It was overhyped using Brangelina, the story/script was a little weak and some 'comedic' moments weren't funny and too cliche. Some of it was kinda cringeworthy, Brad and Angelina's acting were good considering the bad script they were working with, although some of that acting was a bit too superficial/cliche too. Some parts of the film was not that bad, but some of it really was crap. It wouldn't be a film I'd see again. Expand
  9. ChristopherB.
    Jun 17, 2005
    It was okay. Reminded me of "True Lies" This movie would have been straight to DVD if not for it's Star Power.
  10. CodyO.
    Jun 30, 2005
    When i first saw the trailer for this movie, i though wow, great action movie coming, but what i found was a couple of good action scenes, and while the story around it was not horrible, i thought that it really got bogged down on itself and took away from the action experience.
  11. VetaN.
    Jul 13, 2005
    I enjoyed this movie. The rappor between Jolie and Pitt made the film worth watching: it reminded me of some of the great romantic comedies of bygone eras and it brought up some interesting questions about the war between the sexes. Jolie was totally hot! She plays a bitchin' babe, a tough gal who can dish it out, and compete in a man's world. Her performance wanted me to watch I enjoyed this movie. The rappor between Jolie and Pitt made the film worth watching: it reminded me of some of the great romantic comedies of bygone eras and it brought up some interesting questions about the war between the sexes. Jolie was totally hot! She plays a bitchin' babe, a tough gal who can dish it out, and compete in a man's world. Her performance wanted me to watch Laura Croft Tomb Raider on video. In spite of the rappor of Jolie and Pitt and the mod, cynical twist of the movie's take on marriage, I was bored toward the last half of the movie. The action sequences re-directed the focus of the movie, and I found that distracting. I liked the movie when it was a take off on a Hitchcock thriller with a modern and cynical edge; I liked it less when it digressed into a special effects fest. Expand
  12. Devyn
    Aug 4, 2005
    Action Packed but Tiresome...I kept wanting it to hurry up and show credits.
  13. KevinD.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Jolie and Pitt are hot on their own, but they can't seem to connect. There's no plot and character development. Only lots of sex and guns, but hey, isn't that what it's about?
  14. KoRW.
    Nov 13, 2005
    Rather boring and the plot isn't very good - they dragged everything out a bit much.
  15. QuincyN.
    Nov 29, 2005
    The final action sequence is insulting to anyone who has ever handled a weapon or has an IQ over 70.
  16. J.A.Cambece
    Dec 2, 2005
    Nothing too ground breaking, the only good part is the eye candy.
  17. BrandonM.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith is pretty much an inoffensive popcorn-action flick that really doesn
  18. BSpike
    Jun 13, 2005
    2 star movie. Nothing more, nothing less. The movie accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish, and that is an action/comedy with more props for the comedy than the unbelievablely overdone action sequences. Save your $9 and wait until the video release.
  19. MontyS.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Surprisingly bland and EXTREMELY unrealistic, even for a summer-blockbuster type movie...and that says a lot about this movie.. Hard to care for the invincible leads or what little plot there was.
  20. GabeJ.
    Jun 18, 2005
    This movie was pretty decent. Just your typicaly hollywoood summer action flick. It'll probably make money due to Angelina Jolie's enormous lesbian following, although I don't see Brad Pitt as the huge box office draw he used to be, even though he's still a good actor. If you like the stars go see this, but they've both been in better movies (actually I take that This movie was pretty decent. Just your typicaly hollywoood summer action flick. It'll probably make money due to Angelina Jolie's enormous lesbian following, although I don't see Brad Pitt as the huge box office draw he used to be, even though he's still a good actor. If you like the stars go see this, but they've both been in better movies (actually I take that back, I can't honestly think of any Angelina Jolie movie that you could call good). Expand
  21. DanaM.
    Jun 26, 2005
    Good mindless entertainment. I can't understand why people give zero's to any movie, never mind multiple zeros. I guess it makes them feel empowered. This one has alot of shoot-em-up action with the focus of course on Angelina and those wonderful lips. It won't win an Oscar but it was entertaining.
  22. EdRM
    Jul 10, 2005
    The first half is quite good. Some expert jokes about marriage nowadays , and the "war" it has become. Quick paced and fun. But from the middle to the end it ss just as any other mindless action movie that populates the summer.
  23. RickyQ.
    Jul 21, 2005
    This film throws realism right out the door. The action sequences are good and fun but the movie starts off too slow and never does get to speed.
  24. chrisd
    Jul 31, 2005
    Better than I was expecting for a good part of the film, but it seems to lose direction towards the end. Then suddenly it's over - presumably because everyone is dead, which seems like a bit of a cop out ending to me.
  25. IlzeS.
    Sep 17, 2005
    In The beginning I really liked this jam, but it gets on my nerves. Angelina Jolie was perfect, but movie have too much action, bum,bum,bum!Yes,its entertaining, but makes no sense.Overall:pretty bad.
  26. ChadS.
    Sep 19, 2005
    In the first big action set-piece, couldn't the screenwriter find a less convoluted way for both parties to kill each other? For symbolism's sake, sure, an all-out war in their own home makes sense. But, for crying out loud, they both drive back home to do it. All of sudden, the assasins adopt a moral code of ethics, something akin to the Old West, in which both parties have an In the first big action set-piece, couldn't the screenwriter find a less convoluted way for both parties to kill each other? For symbolism's sake, sure, an all-out war in their own home makes sense. But, for crying out loud, they both drive back home to do it. All of sudden, the assasins adopt a moral code of ethics, something akin to the Old West, in which both parties have an equal chance to blow each other away. Why do they have to go back home for weapons? But stuff gets blown up, so nobody cares, right? Well, sort of. "Mr and Mrs. Smith" is a good film, that is, if you conceed the art of screenwriting, and champion spectacle over a coherent narrative. Expand
  27. ZakT.
    Nov 26, 2005
    There were some entertaining moments.
  28. WesselK.
    Dec 13, 2005
    Two actors without chemistry, this had to go wrong. The movie to long, therefore very boring. With Vince Vaughn taking this movie further down.
  29. RachelH.
    Dec 22, 2005
    Eh. I've never been a big fan of Angelina Jolie, and I can't stand Brad Pitt, but despite all this Mr. and Mrs. Smith was a decent movie. The ending felt like it dragged out forever, but Pitt and Jolie had excellent chemistry on screen. Plus, the chase scene and the many shootouts are fun to watch, and random bits of comedy thrown in keep you entertained.
  30. GregT.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Contrived and corny. Only somewhat engaging. He has 50 guns hidden in the basement or what it the garage? She has 50 knives hidden under the oven. And they never noticed this? But then Brad is purty fer a boy and Angelina is purty fer a gurl. So.. What the hell, eh?
  31. JulienC.
    Jun 15, 2005
    Great start, pretty original and full of great ideas. the middle of the movie is very Hollywood and thus not so great (producer was lacking ideas it's obvious). then the end of the movie is good again. It's not a great movie but you will spend a good time, probably can wait for the DVD though.
  32. BD
    Jul 29, 2005
    It was entertaining most of the time, but some of the action scenes were endless and got a little boring because you know the Smiths weren't getting killed. I did notice that Angolie is not aging well. She to get more sleep and get to the gym more often.

1. Pitt coasts through the movie in second gear. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish with his tight-lipped, low-key performance; maybe he's angling to replace Tom Cruise in "Mission: Impossible IV."
    It's a perfect role for Jolie, whose seductive looks always seem to be concealing something dangerous, even predatory, and she brings out a looseness in Pitt, who fares much better in comedic roles than when playing things straight and stoic (i.e. Troy).
  3. Mr. & Mrs. Smith kicks off with panache and star power - and quickly wears out its welcome.