Mr. Woodcock

8.2

1. Nov 26, 2011
    It was actually rather boring through out and had very little funny parts. The acting was pretty generic and wasnt as good as I expected either. It was just another below average comedy.
  2. DanK.
    Feb 16, 2008
    No classic but Mr.Woodcock provides enough decent laughs to make for a fun Friday night picture
  3. ValH.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Surprising movie with heart. Kinda reminds me of the high school days..Lots of food for thought tidbits sprinkled all over the movie, with some slapstick and insult comedy that can be hilarious at time, plus a moral story to boot in the end. i had some reservations before seeing this movie due to the kinda raunchy title and poster.. but I was surprised to find that this movie does have Surprising movie with heart. Kinda reminds me of the high school days..Lots of food for thought tidbits sprinkled all over the movie, with some slapstick and insult comedy that can be hilarious at time, plus a moral story to boot in the end. i had some reservations before seeing this movie due to the kinda raunchy title and poster.. but I was surprised to find that this movie does have "balls", no pun intended. Expand
  4. MikeG.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Great movie. it appears to me that comedy movies almost never get a good score here at metacritic. people take themselves too seriously.plot/situation creates jokes through the entire movie. absolutely is better than average.
  5. GerrickC.
    Jan 22, 2008
    Takes some steam to get "funny", and when it finally does get "funny" the "funny" really isn't that "funny."
  6. DanyelleS.
    Sep 23, 2007
    It just doesn't get off the ground.
  7. UncleDougBigelow
    Sep 19, 2007
    This movie was horrible. Need I say more?
  8. MichelleC.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Very funny. Stifler returns!!!!
  9. THWest
    Sep 14, 2007
    There are a few laugh out loud moments, but it seemed that they were few and far between, and the majority of the jokes just fell flat. You could see how certain scenes/gags could be funny, but the delivery and timing were just way off. The movie is less than 90 minutes long, but it seemed to drag on forever. This was a waste of Thornton and Sarandon's talents. Even Stifler struggled There are a few laugh out loud moments, but it seemed that they were few and far between, and the majority of the jokes just fell flat. You could see how certain scenes/gags could be funny, but the delivery and timing were just way off. The movie is less than 90 minutes long, but it seemed to drag on forever. This was a waste of Thornton and Sarandon's talents. Even Stifler struggled to make me laugh. Expand
  10. SIMONM.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Uuhhhh anyone see School for Scoundrels? yeah that wasn't funny either. Oh wait thats right the ONLY funny movie Billy Bob Thorton was ever in was Bad Santa and that movie is average as is. Save your money, thank god I had a free pass or I'd have been mad as hell.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Amy Poehler ekes out a smirk or two as a boozy broad publicist trying to keep her paycheck in check, but even the best gags feel like leftovers, again.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Bernardin
    Uninspired, sure, but sporadically, spasmodically funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Josh Rosenblatt
    Unfortunately, Mr. Woodcock is funny for exactly five minutes, during which time Woodcock is shown throwing basketballs at boys’ heads and mocking them for having dead parents.