Mud

8.2

1. May 13, 2013
    There's nothing particularly bad about this movie, but also nothing entirely amazing. The younger actors were entirely unconvincing and showed almost no emotion throughout the majority of the film. It wasn't bad, but it definitely was not that good.
  2. May 29, 2013
    Because submitted reviews have to be 150 characters long, I have to keep on typing. When all I have to say about the movie is, ZZZZzzzzz, ZZZZzzzzz.
  3. Aug 16, 2014
    . Mud was boring , really boring and I felt it got no where throughout it , McConaughey is great as are the kid actors but it was just boring it got nowhere it was just like watching this hobos life. Defiantly overrated.
  4. Nov 22, 2015
    This movie was boring boring boring and full of overused tropes. I'm so tired of the white male protagonist children "growing up" movies (which p.s. they learned nothing) and misogynistic archetypes. And also I can't be the only one sick of Matthew McConaughey playing the mystical mysterious man, even if his abs are amazing. Yes, nice directing, but that does not save this movie from beingThis movie was boring boring boring and full of overused tropes. I'm so tired of the white male protagonist children "growing up" movies (which p.s. they learned nothing) and misogynistic archetypes. And also I can't be the only one sick of Matthew McConaughey playing the mystical mysterious man, even if his abs are amazing. Yes, nice directing, but that does not save this movie from being super boring and panhandling to the same audience of white dudes feeling sentimental about their childhood and women being awful. Expand
  5. Dec 27, 2013
    The most over rated movie of the year and quite possibly history. They finally figured out how to make McConaughey shine as an actor surround him with other horrific actors. He plays a homeless, starving vagrant. At one point, they mention his shirt and I thought, here it comes, he's going to take his damn shirt off (mandatory in all his movies). Of course, they contrive a way and heThe most over rated movie of the year and quite possibly history. They finally figured out how to make McConaughey shine as an actor surround him with other horrific actors. He plays a homeless, starving vagrant. At one point, they mention his shirt and I thought, here it comes, he's going to take his damn shirt off (mandatory in all his movies). Of course, they contrive a way and he takes his shirt off and he's all ripped he can't find food but manages to hit the gym 3 times a day. Absurd Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Adam Nayman
    May 17, 2013
    So yes, Mud is messy, but it’s also rich and earthy in a way that suggests a filmmaker who is deeply immersed in his story, his characters and his surroundings.
  2. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    May 14, 2013
    It’s a broader, starrier project than either of Nichols’s previous films, and he handles the transition to the major league with relative confidence.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Jolin
    May 5, 2013
    A bold, intelligent, 21st century take on Mark Twain — with added occult tendencies.