8.3

1. Oct 5, 2011
    Disney's "Mulan" simply represents two things; first, its one of the original Disney princess animations, and second, its a superb masterpiece in the world of cinema and animation alike.
  2. Dec 17, 2011
    A great, comedic, daring film with an amazing original song and original score make this film easily one of Disney's most original pieces of art. And boy is it very entertaining. I give this film a 85% of a good movie.
  3. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just saw this recently, and here's what I thought. While the movie starts off slowly, it isn't until the part when Mulan's father volunteers to fight in the army do things really get interesting. Now I can't stop myself from singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" over and over again. I really loved that song! Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2014
    Mulan came out towards the end of Disney’s peak era of animated musicals, which began in 1989 with The Little Mermaid and ended in 1999 with Tarzan. The company released 9 major feature films of that genre in that period, and I rank Mulan is somewhere about 5th or 6th in that pack: a quite entertaining, beautiful film, with very good musical numbers, which only lacks in a few story elements and a central heroine not quite as well-rounded as the likes of Ariel, Belle or Jasmine from past films. On balance the good stuff in this film far outweighs the minor issues I had. Mulan, even if it isn’t one of the better Disney musicals, is certainly one that should satisfy those of all ages looking for a rousing and inspirational tale. The strangest thing though is the first song in the closing credits: I'm not sure what they were thinking with that; doesn’t fit at all with the film. Expand
  5. Apr 22, 2011
    Action-packed, funny, and featuring terrific voice-overs, 'Mulan' is one of Disney's finest films and is sure to keep young kids, and people who are older, satisfied and entertained.
  6. Oct 23, 2010
    My favorite childhood movie
  7. Jan 18, 2011
    Beautifully animated a poetic and idealized Chinese society; the movie profoundly reflected gender inequalities, beautifully incorporated Chinese aesthetics, and eulogized female heroism in a similar fashion comparable to the original poem it was based upon. Pretty costumes, too.
  8. May 24, 2012
    I cannot really fault this movie. The animation, the story, the characters, the excitement and the feeling are just incredible............................
  9. Aug 9, 2011
    Its great , Its really well put together. It shows women can do whatever men can and do it BETTER ;) Geat movie to watch in todays day and age with all the female disrespect going on.
  10. May 3, 2012
    Not a bad thing to say about it really. The story captures exactly what the Mulan story should be. The animation is beautiful. The characters are really interesting.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    Mulan is simply stunning. I love how the makers of this movie has decided to set this in China and lets viewers subtly experience some characteristics and cultures of the Chinese people. Other than that, it provides fantastic themes, like family, self-sacrifice, bravery etc. Brilliant, always a great family classic.
  12. Sep 4, 2014
    Mulan is some of Disney's finest work from the late 1990s. Filled with extravagant music and an adventure unparalleled--an instant classic. Not to mention Disney's first non-Caucasian princess, can this be?
  13. Nov 3, 2013
    "Mulan" is good in its own ways, but I was slightly disappointed by the fact that the studio did not raise the animation standards to another level. But the movie, just like all Disney movies, has a good moral at the end.
  14. Nov 24, 2012
    Sure the movie has a strong heroine, but it would have been a lost stronger if it weren't for the unmemorable songs, weak villain, tolerable supporting characters and the movie's version of Jar Jar Binks in Eddie Murphy's dragon sidekick Mushu. Although there are worst Disney animated features than this, this movies is one of the least enjoyable ones I've watched. Definitely a disappointment.
  15. Jul 5, 2013
    With a grand tale and a fresh, strong princess, "Mulan" has moments to make it a wonderful addition to its strongest films. With "Mulan", you get the strong character "Mulan" who doesn't rely on a mighty prince to always help her out in situations, and its great to see a warrior in the role of a female. While it may have that kid-quality within it, maybe it's best that it is, as its fun for the whole family. Expand
  16. Feb 16, 2014
    A so-so movie, but it's oddly memorable. The animation is great, and the story is interesting. But the overall feel of the film and the movie itself aren't the best.
  17. Aug 13, 2014
    "Mulan" is epic and stunning, but not as original and risky as most of Disney's previous attempts. The animation is not so inventive here, but there is a solid plot and a balance superior to acclaimed works such as "The Lion King". Action and humour enough to make it appealing to both genres and all ages.

Mulan may be exotic, but it's hardly a risky enterprise, what with its sentimental show tunes, wholesome morals and plucky teen heroine.
  2. It's hard not to keep thinking that this movie is basically "Yentl" with a nose job.
  3. Reviewed by: Hollis Chacona
    Disney's latest animated feature hearkens back to its heyday fare, a sweet and captivating tale that pits gentle, enduring goodness against dark, malevolent forces.