8.4

1. Oct 5, 2011
    Disney's "Mulan" simply represents two things; first, its one of the original Disney princess animations, and second, its a superb masterpiece in the world of cinema and animation alike.
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just saw this recently, and here's what I thought. While the movie starts off slowly, it isn't until the part when Mulan's father volunteers to fight in the army do things really get interesting. Now I can't stop myself from singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" over and over again. I really loved that song! Expand
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    Action-packed, funny, and featuring terrific voice-overs, 'Mulan' is one of Disney's finest films and is sure to keep young kids, and people who are older, satisfied and entertained.
  4. Oct 23, 2010
    My favorite childhood movie
  5. Jan 18, 2011
    Beautifully animated a poetic and idealized Chinese society; the movie profoundly reflected gender inequalities, beautifully incorporated Chinese aesthetics, and eulogized female heroism in a similar fashion comparable to the original poem it was based upon. Pretty costumes, too.
  6. May 24, 2012
    I cannot really fault this movie. The animation, the story, the characters, the excitement and the feeling are just incredible............................
  7. Aug 9, 2011
    Its great , Its really well put together. It shows women can do whatever men can and do it BETTER ;) Geat movie to watch in todays day and age with all the female disrespect going on.
  8. May 3, 2012
    Not a bad thing to say about it really. The story captures exactly what the Mulan story should be. The animation is beautiful. The characters are really interesting.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Mulan is simply stunning. I love how the makers of this movie has decided to set this in China and lets viewers subtly experience some characteristics and cultures of the Chinese people. Other than that, it provides fantastic themes, like family, self-sacrifice, bravery etc. Brilliant, always a great family classic.
  10. Jul 5, 2013
    With a grand tale and a fresh, strong princess, "Mulan" has moments to make it a wonderful addition to its strongest films. With "Mulan", you get the strong character "Mulan" who doesn't rely on a mighty prince to always help her out in situations, and its great to see a warrior in the role of a female. While it may have that kid-quality within it, maybe it's best that it is, as its fun for the whole family. Expand

Mulan may be exotic, but it's hardly a risky enterprise, what with its sentimental show tunes, wholesome morals and plucky teen heroine.
  2. It's hard not to keep thinking that this movie is basically "Yentl" with a nose job.
  3. Reviewed by: Hollis Chacona
    Disney's latest animated feature hearkens back to its heyday fare, a sweet and captivating tale that pits gentle, enduring goodness against dark, malevolent forces.