8.0

1. Dec 22, 2012
    This was voted by the LA Films Critic as the movie of the decade, and for good reason..It is one of the very few movies in which the pieces not only add up to much more than the whole, but also supersede it with a series of (for the most part) fascinating fragments...If you are looking for a linear structure and the typical hollywood garbage, where the story is neatly tied up - this is not the movie for you..The symbolism, dream structure and the overall feeling in this movie is incredible -

For those of you who didnt "get" the movie - you can go on the internet and actually find out that about 95% of the movie can be easily explained..But if you think this movie is bad - you know ZERO about movies - and you are better off watching $hit like Inception..or any quinten tarentino movie David Lynch is amazing and so is this movie...I am so glad there are still true artists out there working today..I have personally not seen a better movie since watching this in 2001..Movie of the decade and one of the best movies ever made - touches parts of your soul and goes places where you never thought possible..You will not understand it the first time, and might not fully comprehend it on future viewings..leave logic at the door..open up your heart and soul and this movie will amaze you 10+++
  2. Mar 17, 2012
    A film that truly i do not know if i will ever fully understand,but every time i see it I get a little bit more of the puzzle together. It is a truly incredible film! The begining pulls you into certain details and completelt throws you off on the plot of the movie. However when it comes to the end of the film you know what you saw and where you saw it. The films visuals are key to the film and they deliver 100 percent. If you are looking for a head scratching mind screwing movie Mulholland dr is for you. Expand
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    David Lynch presents his greatest stride, giving us a surrealist pop dream that is as irresistible as it is confounding, raising a huge middle finger to Hollywood conventions while never compromising entertainment. The movie stands on its own just fine, but the more movies I watch, the more I see its influences: Bergman's "Persona," Godard's colorful capricious style, Fellini's self-conscious abstractions, Buñuel's vicious humor. I wouldn't draw such grand comparisons if I felt they weren't earned, but Lynch delivers on every front, giving us a movie that is sure to leave you spellbound. Expand
  4. Mar 25, 2012
    Mulholland Drive has no realistic sequences in it, the whole film takes place in a dream and like a dream, the film focuses on the emotions and makes sense in a very narrow way. That is what makes it such a power punch to experience.
  5. Oct 6, 2010
    Mulholland Drive somehow mixes realism and surrealism together? Somehow leaves you wanting more? Somehow compels you to watch it again and again? How these affects occur is unknown. All I do know is that it is my favourite Lynch movie and is well worthy of its 'universal acclaim' tag. The brilliance of cinema in one film.
  6. Aug 16, 2010
    One of David Lynch's best movies to date!! I think I've watched it a total of 11 times, and each time it gets me. When I first watched the movie, I walked out thinking, what the hell is this movie about. As I began to read articles online, I discovered what a piece of art this movie is. Naomi Watts is amazing. She is one of my favourite actors I always enjoy watching.
  7. Jul 11, 2011
    Simply, one of the best movies of its decade.
    The number of themes, moods and messages represented by David Lynch in this opera magna is still under analysis.
  8. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    Hard to recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen any of Lynch's films, maybe if you watched them in a certain order, you might understand how all his films have reached this point. This is by far his best and most ambitious film. The music, the tone, the acting are perfect in the dreamy landscape he paints.
  9. Nov 6, 2011
    Its hard for a movie to get a perfect 10 in my book, but this movie did it... alot of mystery, very well paced and once you know whats happening the director mixes things around! Only for the viewer to use their brains to figure out whats happening. After 4 times of watching it I think I figured it out :-)
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    Masterpiece. Emotional and incredible feeling when you are watched this movie. So many thanks David Lynch. In my opinion Mulholland Dr. best movie ever.
  11. Nov 14, 2012
    After finishing the film for the first time, having been utterly enthralled by its captivating mystery, I was confused as to what actually occurred; and such represents the true beauty of the film. Following my third viewing, I felt as though the puzzle had been solved to some extent, and it was then that I realized quite how amazing this film really was. It is ultimately a romantic tragedy of the greatest depth, tantalising in execution and devastating in its punchlines. Mulholland Dr. represents the Hollywood dream gone awry, the dangers of obsession, the power of fantasies and the deep emotional havoc sparked by regret and unrequited love. David Lynch is an artist. Expand
  12. Mar 4, 2013
    Seems to me that some meaning of scenes is still mystic and open to interpretation. David Lynch is the only one genius bring me fuzz even after 10-time re-watch.
  13. Feb 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. David Lynch makes movies like no one else can, or should attempt. This is probably his best. This film is perplexing, dazzling, terrifying in parts. Each scene stands on its own but the whole forms a grand mystery. Is it a dream? if so whose? How many dreams, how many dreamers? is anything real?

I have my own theory but the film is strong enough to be revisited, for those that want form their own. However it should be stressed this movie is far more than a parlour game, it certainly does not have to be fully understood to be enjoyed.
  14. Nov 12, 2012
    A brilliant film so intelligent and twisted, seeing it once is not enough. I have seen it four times, and after the third, I knew it was one of the most breathtaking, original, and wondrous films ever made. Naomi Watts delivers a flawless performance, and Mr. Lynch directs the film so carefully and precisely, you'll be blown away by the subtleties alone.
  15. Feb 22, 2013
    People who can understand the story and the behind-story meaning will know that this is a masterpiece! But i saw many people lack the ability of thinking keep putting dumb review on this, really pathetic. If one know about Sigmund Freud the interpretation of Dream" you would know how accurate the scenario Mulholland drive achieved, much better than some easy trick and twist movies. Most important is people don't get that the secret of the blue key and what Diane represented for. If you don't understand, watch more and you would find the key, not for Diane, its for you Expand
  16. Jun 24, 2013
    This is one of the best films I have ever seen. Not just because I enjoyed every minute, but I think it's one of the most accomplished story lines and it has some of the most beautiful and emotional scenes I've seen. This is not an airy-fairy abstract concept movie. It makes sense; you just have to think about it a lot. I've watched it twice in three days and I understand it a lot better for it. IMDb has some excellent reviews if you really want to get to grips with it, but I'd recommend just giving it a go for yourself. As Roger Ebert said, this movie is like music: it runs on emotions. There are scenes that will shock you, scare you, scenes that drip with emotion and impact you heavily. If nothing else, you could take it as the sum of its parts and just enjoy it for the full range of different reactions it will provoke from you. It really is saddening to see how dismissive some people have been of this movie. As Lynch said, life is complicated, and so movies should be complicated too. Expand
  17. Jan 17, 2014
    The obscure magnum opus of one of the greatest. Kaleidoscopic puzzle of uncompromising beauty. Unsettling experience that lingers on you. A true masterpiece.

Lynch's Hollywood is a grand old girl, but she's one with some very treacherous curves. To trace the contours of her sensuality, you need a camera as sensitive as a set of fingertips. Lynch's is.
  2. Like "Memento," Mulholland Drive is an amnesiac noir in the tradition that goes back to "Spellbound" and "Somewhere in the Night."
  3. It will frustrate viewers who like stories to make instant sense, but fans of provocative puzzles will have mind-teasing fun.