6.3

1. Mar 22, 2014
    While it doesn't quite reach the heights of the previous film, Muppets Most Wanted is a good time at the movies. The songs are still catchy and the cameos are fun. This one is actually focused a little more on the Muppets than the human characters, which I liked, it just seemed a little long. If you like the Muppets, go check this out!
  2. Mar 22, 2014
    In fine Muppet tradition, it’s wall-to-wall cameos from big stars, Disney Channel kids and random celebrities who couldn’t say no to the Muppets. It doesn’t matter if you can’t catch them all, because like the gags, they come at such a rapid-fire pace that if they don’t stick, then you’re already onto the next one. Fully recreating an episode of The Muppet Show in one scene, drawing on every caper/spy franchise in the next, Muppets Most Wanted doesn’t try to hide its influences, or the well-worn nature of the genre, but will have you wondering if all heist films were always this much fun. Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2014
    I felt the movie was too long but was enjoyable. The songs were cool especially the 'sequel' at the beginning. Also scenes between CIA and Interpol were hilarious.
  4. Mar 23, 2014
    Classic muppets. Funnier, songier, punnier than the last one. I know a few people have complained but i dont get it. was so much fun. the adults that went with me loved it and so did the kids.
  5. Mar 30, 2014
    Absolutely on par with the first Disney Muppets movie, if you enjoyed the first you're going to enjoy this one. A true sequel as it continues from the first while continuing to ignore every rule of storyline and never taking itself too seriously. Will be watching again, too much awesome to catch it all in the first viewing.
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    While it may not be as emotional as the last Muppets movie I’m ok with that. This Muppet movie had everything a wanted. A story that didn’t take itself too seriously but instead focused on the characters and making me laugh, great songs, and making me believe these puppets are alive. If you are a Muppet fan definatley check this out you will love it especially if you are a kid. For me this was much better than the last Muppet movie because it focused on the Muppets this time around and was light-hearted throughout. If you prefer an emotional Muppet movie then you will probably not enjoy this one as much as the last one but if you like a light-hearted Muppet movie with plenty of laughs then I’d definitely recommend checking this out. Expand
  7. Mar 23, 2014
    A decent addition to the Muppet movie canon. While it is a bit rough around the edges when compared to The Muppets (2011), there are still plenty of clever jokes and funny cameos like before to keep you laughing and entertained, with two or three stand out musical numbers.
  8. Mar 25, 2014
    The Muppets get a new manager (Ricky Gervais) who promises them success in Europe, but is really out to stage a massive heist (along with a Kermit imposter). The plot is just an excuse for each character to do its bit and to allow a few famous people to pop up for cameos. The human stars, including Tina Fey & Ty Burrell, are working hard to be funny, but don't generate lots of laffs. There are plenty of fun moments and some cute, catchy tunes by Bret McKenzie, but the script isn't that sassy. While the movie is energetic and entertaining, it falls short of being as funny as it could. NOTE: There's a zany short from the "Monsters" franchise before the feature. Expand
  9. Aug 15, 2014
    Filled with musical numbers, cameos, and smart humor. Unlike the 2011 movie it doesn't rely on old fans nostalgia to get by. It has it's own unique thing that allows fans new and old to make new memories with the Muppets. It's overall just a fun and wholesome movie for the family. However it's not hard to see that a lot of the humor might go over the heads of the younger viewers, and because of that may alienate them. Still as a whole it's a very fun movie and one that will satisfy any Muppet fan. It will even bring in some new fans. I give it a 7.7/10. Collapse
  10. Aug 20, 2014
    Very hit and miss. Ricky Gervais is awful. Has he actually ever put in a a funny performance in a Hollywood film? However Tina Fey is excellent as the Gulag guard, as is the Clouseau-inspired French detective. To be honest it's the cameos that make this film. Ironically the muppets are the weakest part of every Muppet movie, in an age of CGI they little more than a nostalgic throwback to simpler times. Expand
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    Besides the atrocious singing, stupid story, worthless cameos, the dumb Russian Hermit and the rest of the annoying Muppets, the movie isn't all that bad.
  12. Aug 11, 2014
    A ridiculously stupid boring movie. There are a fair number of cameos that are almost all equally dumb. It started off nicely but then quickly descended into total nonsense, and that is where it remained.
  13. Sep 24, 2014
    We really enjoyed the reboot of the Muppets franchise, and happened to be in Disneyland this spring when they were promoting the new movie with a very funny interruption of the television broadcast that happens before the Muppets 3D show. Then we began hearing the reviews coming out about the Most Wanted not being as good. We delayed watching it unitl it came out on video and were very pleasantly surprised by the experience.
    The songs are clever, the plot makes sense (within the logic of a Muppet show) and the cameos are a fun little addition (Robin!). Tina Fey makes a great Russian prison warden. I found Miss Piggy's voice a little "off", but I have to say, she looked pretty good with her hair put up :) If you're a muppets fan, you won't be disappointed.
  14. Mar 22, 2014
    A return to form for these fuzzy anarchists. No longer are they nostalgic backup for their human headliners. Some trimming is in order, but this is the closest to Jim Henson's Muppets since he passed (even though it's under the Disney shingle).
  15. Mar 24, 2014
    :/ I was really looking forward to this movie. I love the muppets. It wasn't terrible, but it was too long and really felt slow...it's unfortunate because the first one made me so happy. If the Muppets are going to continue on successfully, they need to stop relying on nostalgia and come up with some different concepts. Hope they get another shot!
  16. Mar 26, 2014
    As a huge Muppet fan it pains me to say that Muppets Most Wanted lacks most of the fun and almost all the heart of its predecessor. The movie has its moments that work, but the songs are bland and its just not worth a recommendation. C+
  17. Jul 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Walt Disney Picture's Muppets Most Wanted is an animated movie released in 2014 exploring the theme of false identity featuring the characters that I and many other people grew up admiring, the Muppets. Despite not reaching heights that its predecessor, The Muppets, achieved, MMW is still a movie worth watching for all ages due to the brilliant, catchy songs and fabulous acting displayed. The movie literally starts off from where The Muppets ended. After the muppets realize that they are still being filmed and a sequel is on the way, they decide going on a road trip around the world would be the most appropriate idea for the movie. They meet up with an apparent "manager" named Dominic Badguy who earns the trust of the muppets after suggesting good ideas to them related to the trip. What the muppets don't know is that, with the help of the most notorious criminal on Earth, Dominic is planning to put a stop to the muppets. I enjoyed the plot as it contained plenty of suspense.
    However, the Muppets does lack originality in certain aspects, specifically humour. Much like most movies today, there were an excessive number of cliches used that would only appeal younger generations. Cameos from Lady Gaga and Celine Dion do improve the overall feel of the movie, but in my opinion the Muppets was a good idea that was poorly executed. I can't quite explain why, but it just is.
  18. Mar 29, 2014
    While the plot is very weak, Muppets most Wanted delivered good comedy. The lead actors have us a run for their money, and we some great cameos. I can get that it's not as good or enjoyable as the 2011 muppets, but Muppets most Wanted was a good comedy, with a weak plot.
  19. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When i watched this movie with my punt my cousin my brother and i, i ahas expecting something better than the original but when i watched i f'''ing wanted my time back, the plot consist of the muppets in a world tour when kermit is bodysnached by a theif who sounds horrible yadda yadda yadda the point is it isn't interesting i don't want consantine the theif he is a bad character, the only thing that is good in this movie is ricky gervais and thats it oh but the songs are incredible and very cachy for your own risk watch it pirate in your computer. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2014
    This movie is don't awesome, it's a nice movie but you dont gonna say, mom can you buy me the muppets?
    This movie it's short but you gonna stay a little borring in the cinema but you gonna like it so much.
  21. Aug 16, 2014
    Not Really the Best Muppet Movie, But the Songs were really good. Sound Mixing: Not Really the Best.
    Actors: Really Talented. But I Think the Muppets can do better.
  22. Apr 14, 2014
    Unlike the previous movie which felt like a Muppet movie, this entry feels more like a movie that has the Muppets in it. That being said, It's actually a very good movie with lots of laughs and great moments.
  23. Jun 13, 2014
    Not the Best Movie in the world but... enjoyable in most parts, But the plot was a little all over the place. Over All it probably made top 250 and I recommend it to kids age 5-12
  24. Jun 23, 2014
    Not nearly as clever as the reboot. Many of the jokes including the songs are forgettable. It's best joke comes in the opening song which is about sequels. It states that the sequel is never as good as the original. Unfortunately that becomes true in this case.
  25. Jul 16, 2014
    One thing about the movie was it's not original plot. I mean, I miss something different, like "Muppets from Space". Something new, something more imaginative and cute. :D We know Muppets are Hollywood stars, just like any actors or actresses in real world, so why not let them do the show with being someone else besides themselves/that boring The Muppet Show. It feels like a circus rather than be a theater things. So, I suggest if there will be more sequel (I believe they should do it! Even transformers do it!), they should make a movie where Kermit being not Kermit, also other Muppets. No more The Muppet Show on theater. Expand
  26. Sep 23, 2014
    The first Muppet movie (well, Muppet reboot) was a fantastic reminisce, but how does the sequel fare? Much better than I expected!
    The movie opens up with the very clever song, 'We're Doing a Sequel!' that even poked fun at the fact of it being a sequel. The music was decent and the characters maintained their classic charm, while dealing with the plot-driving issues.
    Everything in this
    movie was fun, (perhaps a bit cheesy but not excessively) and a good movie for anyone who loved the last one. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Mar 25, 2014
    The most significant and bizarre problem with Muppets Most Wanted is a lack of a protagonist.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Mar 24, 2014
    Nearly as good as the last film — the starrier cameos compensating somewhat for the more scattershot plot — this is fun but could have been more deeply felt.
  3. Reviewed by: Stuart Heritage