7.4

Feb 20, 2009
    Intense film.
  2. SueS
    Mar 19, 2009
    C'mon can't anyone just rate this without trying to be melodramatic or trying to be the next author? Let's just call it. They were both stuck in this marriage that I don't think either of them wanted. She wanted great kids, I'm not sure what he wanted, but it was clear what they both wanted when he traveled for business. I would call it an understanding. The hell C'mon can't anyone just rate this without trying to be melodramatic or trying to be the next author? Let's just call it. They were both stuck in this marriage that I don't think either of them wanted. She wanted great kids, I'm not sure what he wanted, but it was clear what they both wanted when he traveled for business. I would call it an understanding. The hell that was for her and for many women in the 60's was the expectation of the women "Kept" at home. I know women from that time and it was very accurately portrayed in this film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    The secrets revealed here are not quite as shocking as the hints of child molestation captured in "Friedmans." Still, this is an equally intriguing and unsettling look at the turmoil hidden behind the white picket fences of suburbia.
  2. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Dews helps Allis hold out a gendered posthumous snapshot of an era whose smug surface, barely masking oceans of suffering, makes "Revolutionary Road" look like a tea party.
    Watching the American nightmare of Must Read After My Death play out, it's impossible not to be both horrified and powerfully moved. Impossible as well not to feel profound admiration for the artfulness with which Dews has pieced these archival cries for help into a singular creation anyone who appreciates first rate filmmaking absolutely must see.