My Best Friend's Wedding

7.7

1. frankbentez
    Nov 22, 2005
    loved it....smartest romantic comedy in many years in all respects
  2. JoeB.
    Sep 5, 2005
    This proves that the critics don't count. The critics were very blah on this movie but the people who saw it loved it. It's very good.
  3. ChristianG.
    Apr 29, 2005
    I'm really impressed it got a 50 in the metascore. Julia Roberts and Rupert Everett are charming to death. Off course is not a deep movie, but surely it's entertaining and engaging. Something that not most movies can say.
  4. EnzoP.
    Aug 3, 2009
    My Best Friend's wedding is clever, funny, entertaining overall a delightful movie. Julia Roberts is dynamite in this film they picked the best person to play as this role. I was expecting it to be much more laugh out loud then how it was. Oh ya almost forgot Rupert Everett also acted terrific. I am totally surprised that someone would give this movie a twenty. Now that makes me want My Best Friend's wedding is clever, funny, entertaining overall a delightful movie. Julia Roberts is dynamite in this film they picked the best person to play as this role. I was expecting it to be much more laugh out loud then how it was. Oh ya almost forgot Rupert Everett also acted terrific. I am totally surprised that someone would give this movie a twenty. Now that makes me want to talk to Stephen Hunter to see why is think this movie is a snore. Sure it wasn't a masterpiece but come on a 20? I guess I might never know what was up Hunter's Butt. My advice to you is to see it but remember this is not an Oscar worthy movie. Expand
  5. Gilbert
    Nov 26, 2002
    51? FIFTY-ONE? Nuh-uh. It's not a masterpiece of cinematic complexity, but it's a wonderfully watchable, frequently very funny little rom-com (pauses to wash mouth out with soap). Catch it if you can. With a rope.
  6. BooI.
    Aug 23, 2004
    Definitely a 10 for me.. all thumbs up... my favourite movie ever! love it.. and still loving it..
  7. AutumnM.
    Dec 8, 2006
    I agree that Rupert commands the screen. I think the movie soured as it said sexual desire is more important then promises and best friends. I also agree that it felt like they had to end the movie and they chose the wrong characters. It left me feeling that it didn't fullfill the silver screen " girl gets boy , boy gets girl scenario". It should have been Julia Robert, then it I agree that Rupert commands the screen. I think the movie soured as it said sexual desire is more important then promises and best friends. I also agree that it felt like they had to end the movie and they chose the wrong characters. It left me feeling that it didn't fullfill the silver screen " girl gets boy , boy gets girl scenario". It should have been Julia Robert, then it would have had the makings of " happily ever after". Expand
  8. Brandond.
    Feb 9, 2007
    Ten years after the movie came out in theaters, I am watching it on TBS television while on vacation in Orlando, FL. Movies on TV usually do not interest me, but MBFW is funny, bright, well acted, and just a good romantic movie. I guess a gorgeous Julie Roberts held my attention and that's good since she had the camera for most of the picture. The plot is a pre-wedding love triangle Ten years after the movie came out in theaters, I am watching it on TBS television while on vacation in Orlando, FL. Movies on TV usually do not interest me, but MBFW is funny, bright, well acted, and just a good romantic movie. I guess a gorgeous Julie Roberts held my attention and that's good since she had the camera for most of the picture. The plot is a pre-wedding love triangle and it easy to get caught up in the threesome's predicament and try to figure out who is going to win the cute boy. I had seen the movie before, but never did figure out who, since none of three were models of honesty in their relationships. Expand
  9. ValM.
    Nov 17, 2002
    It's the best movie ever.
  10. Marta
    Jun 16, 2002
    This movie engulfs all the characteristics needed to make a film spectacular and unforgetable! Julia Robert's and Rupert Everett's talent (amongst others), contribute to the meaningful emotion that this movie easily transmits to its viewers.
  11. Feb 25, 2011
    Julia Roberts' character is incredibly irritating in the film. The rest of the cast are alright, but Julia manages to get on your nerves and alienate the audience at the same time. Cameron Diaz is stunning, if annoyingly naive at the same time.
  12. Sep 1, 2014
    Although it may not have been the ending we were looking for--just like life it is a sweet surprise of a movie. Julia Roberts continues her streak of memorable and top-notch performances.

1. The New Republic
    Reviewed by: Stanley Kauffmann
    We get the feeling that, about nine-tenths of the way along, after he had all the characters knotted up, Bass suddenly thought, "Good heavens! I've got to find some way to finish off this thing." The way that he found is lame and makes a hash of what precedes it. [28 July 1997]
    One of the pleasures of Ronald Bass' screenplay is the way it subverts the usual comic formulas that would fuel a plot like this.
    The film makers understand that it's possible for a romantic comedy to appeal not only to the heart, but to the mind as well.