• Release Date: Apr 4, 2008
6.8

1. SebastianB.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Characters were undeveloped, I couldn't feel empathy for anyone. I'm a fan of Norah Jones' music but her acting semed very flat. A forgettable movie.
  2. MaxB.
    Nov 1, 2008
    Dull dull dull.
  3. MarcosF.
    Jul 5, 2008
    An inspiring exercise of a road-movie by one of the most talented of the directors alive.
  4. TinaR.
    Jun 28, 2008
    PU! This movie had no real plot. It was boring to say the least.
  5. JayH.
    Jun 23, 2008
    5.5/10. My Blueberry Nights has all the right ingredients, a skillful director, great cast, good story, but for me it just didn't work and I found my mind wandering and not wanting to stay focused. It lacked character depth.
  6. DiamondS.
    May 24, 2008
    This movie was engaging, but the plot failed miserably. The screen writer should have done more with Norah Jones character. It was definatly missing something and Norah Jones was not believable in the role. She had more sexual chemisty with both leading ladies then she did with Jude Law.
  7. ChadS.
    May 10, 2008
    In an episode of NBC's "Friends", Joey(Matt LeBlanc) uses a deep lothario-like voice to make the most innocuous phrases sound lascivious; for instance, "grandma's apple pie". In "My Blueberry Nights", this filmmaker transforms the blueberry pie "a la mode" into a sexual metaphor; read: a feminine body part in flux. Now this is an American pie ready for action. The filmmaker In an episode of NBC's "Friends", Joey(Matt LeBlanc) uses a deep lothario-like voice to make the most innocuous phrases sound lascivious; for instance, "grandma's apple pie". In "My Blueberry Nights", this filmmaker transforms the blueberry pie "a la mode" into a sexual metaphor; read: a feminine body part in flux. Now this is an American pie ready for action. The filmmaker depicts female desire through dessert(rivulets of vanilla ice cream streaming down the crust and filling) with lyricism(read: slo-mo), because he wants to maintain an air of mystery about Elizabeth(Norah Jones). Does she come into Jeremy's cafe for friendship, or for love? The pie is a clue. The patina of cream lewdly smeared on Elizabeth's lips that suddenly disappears is another clue. But the filmmaker withholds the particulars about this vanishing smidgeon of vanilla towards the end of "My Blueberry Nights". The kiss belongs to Jeremy(Jude Law), a stand-in for the filmmaker, who records the moment on a surveillance tape(a metaphor for authorship). The kiss is personal. The kiss is performed under the filmic construct of auteurism. This kiss, is no ordinary kiss. This filmmaker, is no ordinary filmmaker. Expand
  8. CoreyJ.
    May 3, 2008
    One of Wong's best films. The subtlety and craftsmanship remain as he transposes his work into the American idiom. A fantastic piece on love and the waves it sends through people.
  9. DavideL.
    Apr 19, 2008
    the interpretation of Norah Jones is the very nice surprise of a very bad film. a film with a ridiculous plot and nothing to say.
  10. BessyR.
    Apr 5, 2008
    Not very engaging, hard to see Jones as an actress when she is also singing for the film's theme...disappointing..
  11. JoeT.
    Apr 5, 2008
    Horrible photocopy of Wong's previous films (notably the magnificent Chungking Express)... but it's now in speak English! The movie scores '1' for any English speakers frightened by subtitles. Everyone else definitely should view any of his previous splendid films.
  12. JaredC.
    Apr 1, 2008
    Even if Wong Kar Wai and Lawrence Block's My Blueberry Nights doesn't have a high-pitch note to whistle the beauty of romance, it still has a firm mood that audiences will feel awry about.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Gonzalez
    Jun 4, 2013
    Every shot is painstakingly thought out, but less emphasis is placed on the human face than on the surfaces that reflect it and the objects that obscure it, and the overall effect is close to that of fetish art.
    My Blueberry Nights may not quite be what fans of either Jones or Wong Kar-wai -- directing his first film in English -- are expecting. It's a late-night, lovelorn mood piece in a minor key, not complicated or convoluted, finally more confection than substance.
  3. The director is chasing a mood here -- a mood, an atmosphere and feelings -- much as he did in "In the Mood for Love."