My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

5.9

1. Aug 6, 2013
    Well, this movie was...interesting. At first I was extremely sceptical. I mean: Ponies turn into real humans? That is weird. But after I've seen it, I have to say: It's not that bad. I'm going to split my rating in some parts.

PLOT Yes, the plot...not really amazing: Sunset Shimmer steals Element of Magic, flees into "real World", Twilight follows her, meets her friends' human

PLOT
    Yes, the plot...not really amazing: Sunset Shimmer steals Element of Magic, flees into "real World", Twilight follows her, meets her friends' human versions....rest is spoilers It's okay, but not really good.

Animation/Style
    A negative point. Animation is good as always BUT: Humans are not supposed to have purple/pink/orange/etc. skin! This is just weird! I understand that they wanted to show the characters as humans but not like that...

Songs
    The songs are okay. I will list them in order:
    Title Song Remix: Ewwww...worst thing I've ever heard! This is so bad!
    This Strange World: It's okay...not really good, but not bad
    Time to come together: best one(in my opinion)...still not that good
    This is our big night: Way to girly...MlP:FiM never did that before so it was kind of weird
    A Friend for life: it is kind of bad

Characters
    The human version of the characters are exactly like the normal versions so that's cool.

Humor
    It actually is funny. It does some jokes that were done in the first season again and brings back memories. But it also manages to make a lot of new ones. And, sam thing as in the show: Almost everytime Pinkie Pie talks, it's funny as hell!

Conclusion
    A movie that is quite okay but it cannot keep up with the high-quality of the TV-Show. It's main problem is(for me) that it is, at certain parts, too girly. Lauren Faust(creator of the TV-Show) stated that she didn't want to create a stereotypical girl show but something everyone can watch. Equestria Girls picks up some of the girl-movie stereotypes(Lauren Faust was not involved in the movie)
    I normally would give it a 6 but because it's My Little Pony I'll raise my rating by ONE WHOLE POINT! WOW! THAT'S SO MUCH!
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    I kept hearing lots of good inputs but also bad inputs on this movie. I figured, I'm already a brony, might as well try this out. I must say, it was better than I originally thought, but it's still not perfect. While the movie overall was good, it lacked length a bit more story development. But let's face it, it's a My Little Pony movie. It was intended for kids.... mostly... So I'll goI kept hearing lots of good inputs but also bad inputs on this movie. I figured, I'm already a brony, might as well try this out. I must say, it was better than I originally thought, but it's still not perfect. While the movie overall was good, it lacked length a bit more story development. But let's face it, it's a My Little Pony movie. It was intended for kids.... mostly... So I'll go ahead and give this movie a 9/10. It was simple, but overall fairly entertaining. Expand
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to say, I expected this movie to be complete and utter bilge, but it wasn't. Even though all the marketing and trailers (bar one) portrayed it as a mindless high school film, it was like an extended episode of the show (except, obviously with humans). I especially like "It's time for us to come together" but all the songs were very good as well, so kudos to Daniel Ingram. And Megan McCarthy's writing was very good as well. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    Not bad. I expected a poor and boring movie for little girls but this is a overall not bad movie. Etertaining if you wanna watch a cartoon movie and you liked My Little Pony.
  5. Dec 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Last Winter the first images of Equestria Girls were revealed. I was not pleased at first, but as the spring came I was more hyped by seeing the trailers. Alicorn Twilight ends up in a human World after chasing the unicorn villain Sunset Shimmer. Twilight and her friends are humans in this version. Now it's up to Twilight to win her crown back. There are many so many highlights. You don't have to be a hardcore Brony like me to watch this movie. Here is something for everyone like light pop songs, focus on a high school bully that turns into a succubus, a soccer match and lots of shout outs. Derpy shows up at the end. It's no 12 times Oscar nom winner, but a lighthearted fantasy. If only Lyra had a bigger role. Expand
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Equestria Girls is a brilliant, if unorthodox, silver screen adaptation of the My Little Pony cartoon. As the movie retells the story of the Elements of Harmony from the TV series, the movie reflects the series also reflects the show in another way: It's a perfect example of the elements of a good cartoon. It's funny, it has its dramatic moments, it's entertaining and above all it appealsEquestria Girls is a brilliant, if unorthodox, silver screen adaptation of the My Little Pony cartoon. As the movie retells the story of the Elements of Harmony from the TV series, the movie reflects the series also reflects the show in another way: It's a perfect example of the elements of a good cartoon. It's funny, it has its dramatic moments, it's entertaining and above all it appeals to all ages, which is a thing the show did without really trying. Perhaps the same could be said of the movie.

Some of the plot points are a little predictable, but aside from that there isn't really anything bad about this movie. Some plot elements mmay seem a little dark for a child audience, however this isn't really a big deal as the movie seems to be aimed at slightly older girls, dealing with typical high-school problems, which also makes it an excellent movie for children who still watch the show, but are just leaving its target demographic.

In short, if you're looking for a great movie that the while family will enjoy, Equestria Girls hits the mark perfectly. It's nicely glazed with the girly elements that will appeal to the original target audience of younger girls, but also contains generous helping of drama and plot (no pun intended) to make it an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
  7. Apr 15, 2014
    I LOVE IT. Great storyline, great ending. I love everything about this movie, it has great songs and a great ending, I love the human portrayals of each character.
  8. Aug 29, 2016
    Pony. Pony pony pony. Pony to the pony. Pony pony. Pony up the pony.

P-p-p-Pony.

Pony?

PONY!

By the pony. For the pony. And thus, pony, pony pony.

Pony me. Pony you. We pony.

Pony,

The ponies.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Reviewed by: Gwen Ihnat
    Jul 16, 2013
    My Little Pony: Equestria Girls continues the appeal of Friendship Is Magic, as the heartening lessons of Ponyville—on friendship, leadership, morality, etc.—transcend its equine-dominated world.