My Mother

6.2

1. UghiY.
    Jul 10, 2005
    I liked the film. Best I've seen in a while. Nothing special. But, I thought Louis Garrel was amazing. Good cinematography. A little sexual but you know. One of the best French films in a while. The NC-17 rating was so cool!
  2. PrudenceK.
    Jul 10, 2005
    Louis Garrel and Isabelle Huppert both deserve Oscar for their chilling performances! Incredible film. The best film I've ever seen of all time.
  3. Rob
    Nov 5, 2005
    This movie fails on almost every level except for 2 heavily important ones: the acting, and the depiction of how one wreckles soul can destroy the lives and steal the innocence of everybody she comes into contact with.
  4. OscarP.
    May 16, 2005
    One of the worst french films i have seen in the cinema. I. Huppert is the best of this.
  5. Mandy
    May 28, 2005
    AWFUL. sick, perverse. i walks out after an hour and a half and i'm shocked that i stayed that long. the plot was weak, so the gratuitous, violent, sexual scenes grew to be boring. yes, they were disturbing, but there was no plot to back them.
  6. MoiA.
    Jun 15, 2005
    All I can say is......YUCK!!!!!

1. So clinically detached it borders on absurd.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Director Christophe Honore's respectable, tightly coiled, but ultimately unrewarding adaptation of Georges Bataille's posthumous novel.
    Can't transcend its own suffocating milieu.