My Name Is Khan

8.6

1. SailV
    Feb 21, 2010
    Im sure some of my peer who have reviewed this movie with such high ratings are joking. As a long time bollywood movie fan AND a shah rukh admirer, i have to be honest in my evaluation and tell the truth, this movie is extremely poor. There are some half decent aspects to it, namely the cinematography, but all in all the film disappoints from the even the very first few minutes, with Im sure some of my peer who have reviewed this movie with such high ratings are joking. As a long time bollywood movie fan AND a shah rukh admirer, i have to be honest in my evaluation and tell the truth, this movie is extremely poor. There are some half decent aspects to it, namely the cinematography, but all in all the film disappoints from the even the very first few minutes, with SRK's unrealistic portrayal of Aspergers syndrome, and then to the unlikely romance between him and Kajols character. The middle improves to some extent, but is let down by the ridiculous and extremely cheesy 'forrest-gump' like exploits in the latter half, where he comes to rescue an african-american family from some floods closely followed by hordes of other half-submerged well wishers, and then finally meeting with Obama. With high expectations i went to see this film, especially after various interview of the lead people of the movie, including a light-hearted one of SRK on the Jonathan Ross show on the BBC, but all of my friends felt the same disappointment i felt as we left and reviewed what in retrospect was a rather wasted few hours. Other than a consisting of a few light hearted and funny moments, this is one film i will not be recommending to people. Unfortunately. Expand
  2. TejoPanini
    Feb 14, 2010
    This movie is absolute fake. Full of hero khan glorification. Director lost plot in btw and started glorifying the protagonist.
  3. VikrantV.
    Feb 18, 2010
    By no means it deserves any comment except that it is a bad film which presumably comes from one of the finest directors of India Mr Johar (actually he is not)...the movie is shameful exploitation of stereotypes and a juvenile understanding of what America is all about.

1. A very average, ordinary film that goes haywire.
  2. This is a movie not built for subtlety, but it does tackle a subject American movies have mostly avoided -- that of racial profiling and the plight of Muslim-Americans.
  3. A potent, energetic heart-tugger and Khan and Kajol, major Bollywood stars, are highly appealing and equal to the demand of their emotion-charged roles.