6.6

1. Jul 18, 2011
    This was the funniest movie I've ever seen, the cancer part was hilarious. The way they depicted both the sisters as being bad is silly to me, it brought a light chuckle. When the one that didn't have cancer died I was surprised because the girl with cancer should always die first. It's natural selection...
  2. Sep 25, 2011
    saddest movie that made me mourn! damn! awful movie, but some scenes were ok. Sofia Vassilieva is looked excellent, I loved her in general is not for whiners movie because it will dry.
  3. Jan 20, 2011
    Thiz is a wake-up call movie! It is a tearing-down movie. Oh, it made us realize how precious every moment in our life. How lucky we would be, rather than complaining tiny meaningless things. It well directed by Nick Cassavetes. Cassavetes was a second class Actor that became more talented in directing movies. He is the man behind THE NOTEBOOK (2004). His deep comprehension about humanThiz is a wake-up call movie! It is a tearing-down movie. Oh, it made us realize how precious every moment in our life. How lucky we would be, rather than complaining tiny meaningless things. It well directed by Nick Cassavetes. Cassavetes was a second class Actor that became more talented in directing movies. He is the man behind THE NOTEBOOK (2004). His deep comprehension about human heart is really useful on thiz movie. The story is about Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) that sick from leukemia since baby. Her dependence from her other sister, Anna (Abigail Breslin) was transpiring for years bcoz of their medical-match. The illness became a major burden and also a hidden-blessing in the same time to unite the family stronger than ever. All Casts properly fill their shoes. I always said to myself since LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE (2006) that Abigail Breslin was a great young Actress. With the age like that, we could see the quality of young Jodie Foster was reborn like on her first appearance in TAXI DRIVER (1976). Cameron Diaz not just good-looking but always made an impressive performance when she involved in indie or small movie like thiz, last time I remembered thiz quality on BEING JOHN MALKOVICH (1999). Diaz successfully brought a firm mother character. The father also played convincingly by Jason Patric. The scene-stealer performance made by Thomas Dekker as Kate boyfriend. The narration, muted dialogue, slow motion scene, the score and soundtracks really blend us into our deepest sympathy. There are so many touching-heart scenes in thiz movie. The one is that really tearing me down is the scene of the last wish of Kate. She simply wants go to the beach, her dad granted her wish. Her mom and dad argue hard to let her doing it considering her critical health. But later her mom coming to join anyway. Her mom hugs her dad, Kate claps her hands. The scene describes beautifully when Kate enjoys her last moment with her family on the evening wave in the beach with background song FEELS LIKE HOME by Edwina Hayes. It is simple and powerful scene. It really stabs and takes out all of emotions from our heart.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  4. Apr 13, 2012
    A very moving, touching and emotional story about a girl with life-threatening illness (cancer) A young girl was born, named Kate, whom one day when she was roughly six years old, was told she had early stages of cancer, and the film goes on about how she went through her life with her illness. This made me cry but smile in some scenes, and would definitely be for teenagers. 10/10, aA very moving, touching and emotional story about a girl with life-threatening illness (cancer) A young girl was born, named Kate, whom one day when she was roughly six years old, was told she had early stages of cancer, and the film goes on about how she went through her life with her illness. This made me cry but smile in some scenes, and would definitely be for teenagers. 10/10, a fantastic but emotional film :) Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    Incredible how a movie can make you feel true emotions ! Great performance of the actors. Saw it yesterday and it reached diirectly my Top 100 Hall of Fame.
  6. Aug 29, 2014
    Is it possible to make a drama too sad and depressing to watch? Quite possibly. My Sister's Keeper might just fit that criteria. Abigail Breslin shows her potential but never quite nails this role.
  7. Jan 11, 2015
    Screenwriter/Director Nick Cassavetes tries so hard to make Jodi Picoult's tragic,romantic,cancer story into a movie were people fans of romance can be filled with tears he does it very well. Abigail Breslin plays Anna a wonderful caring girl who does not want to give her sister kate a kidney, Breslin is charming i do not find her love able but she is sweet in (Signs and Little MissScreenwriter/Director Nick Cassavetes tries so hard to make Jodi Picoult's tragic,romantic,cancer story into a movie were people fans of romance can be filled with tears he does it very well. Abigail Breslin plays Anna a wonderful caring girl who does not want to give her sister kate a kidney, Breslin is charming i do not find her love able but she is sweet in (Signs and Little Miss Sunshine) and that's what she does in My Sister's keeper. Cameron Diaz play selfish,stupid **** mom who forces Anna to give a kidney to her sister and i found Diaz's character over ratted and plain out Not good also i can't believe that Jason Patric's character is agreeing with the mother. This is the best romance movie that Cassavetes ever done since That "okay" Sparks' disaster The Notebook. From the director of the notebook makes a huge huge huge huge improvement. Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2014
    An example of a film where too many emotional devices become unbearable. Too forced, too cheesy and too sad. Good for people who like this sort of film, but really not my cup of tea.

1. If you're going to make a weepy, there's no reason you can't make it with intelligence and insight as the makers of My Sister's Keeper have done.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Unsubtle, uneven and undeniably effective, this take-no-prisoners cancer weepie poses a fascinating moral quandary.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    You don't usually see this unblinking attention to the progress of physical decay in a PG-13 wide-release movie, and to the degree that it represents a real aspect of human experience generally curtained out of sight, it is, in the language of movie people, a brave decision. But makeup department realism alone can't redeem the dramatic fallacies surrounding it.