Focus Features | Release Date: June 17, 2005
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 141 Ratings
WATCH NOW
ERG1008Sep 1, 2010
Two girls from different backgrounds meet one Summer, spend time together, fall in love, Summer ends.
Decent story & well acted out by the two lead actresses &, of course, Paddy Considine.
Nice setting of a small Northern town & a good
Nice setting of a small Northern town & a good soundtrack to back it up.
shannonNov 30, 2005
If you think that this movie equates homosexuality with insanity, you've missed the whole point. And I think the anti-Christian theme was fresh and daring. Plus, the movie is quietly hilarious. Best movie I've seen in a long tiome.
PaulS.Sep 23, 2006
The best film I've seen this year. It is stunningly beautiful. England's countryside draws you in. You won't be able to take your eyes off the principal actresses; they're brilliant. This is an art film that delivers...I The best film I've seen this year. It is stunningly beautiful. England's countryside draws you in. You won't be able to take your eyes off the principal actresses; they're brilliant. This is an art film that delivers...I hope Hollywood is paying attention. Expand
snewgoblinJul 31, 2007
Perfect acting, good story and anti-Christian theme make My Summer Of Love one of the best movies I've ever seen. The only weakness is that the last 20 minutes are too predictable. But it's still a fantastic movie.
TomasS.Nov 2, 2005
Beautiful, haunting and evocative. The camera, the cinematography, the environment - everything is utterly captivating. You won't always sympathise with the girls, but apparently that isn't even the director's intention. Beautiful, haunting and evocative. The camera, the cinematography, the environment - everything is utterly captivating. You won't always sympathise with the girls, but apparently that isn't even the director's intention. It's a compelling and riveting story about love and disillusionment. Expand
DanC.Nov 2, 2005
Extremely well acted. Our sympathies lie with Mona, and even grow at the end, despite the revelation of her darker side. A very fine, emotionally genuine film.