8.3

1. Jul 17, 2012
    Maybe it's just because I've been dying to see a new and decent World War II movie, but I really enjoyed My Way and it is easily one of the best war movies I've seen in the past two years. If you can handle reading subtitles and the occasional melodrama present in East Asian films, you'll be in for a great experience. The battle scenes and CGI were amazing and even the story held togetherMaybe it's just because I've been dying to see a new and decent World War II movie, but I really enjoyed My Way and it is easily one of the best war movies I've seen in the past two years. If you can handle reading subtitles and the occasional melodrama present in East Asian films, you'll be in for a great experience. The battle scenes and CGI were amazing and even the story held together well for being as seemingly far-fetched as it was. The only reason I didn't give My Way a 10 is because the story was too rushed. The producers should really have made this into a trilogy or at least a mini-series. Other than that, if you liked Tai Guk Gi and are sick of the crap Hollywood has been unloading on us for the past four years then pick this one up; you won't regret it. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    May 3, 2012
    Jang and Odagiri are good as the rival runners and soldiers. But they are surrounded by over-the-top performances, which play out like a mugging contest.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    May 2, 2012
    The most expensive South Korean film ever made is also one of the most realistic (read: gory) depictions of the horrors of war, specifically World War II, global cinema has ever produced.
  3. Reviewed by: G. Allen Johnson
    Apr 20, 2012
    Kang is so over the top and jumbled in his storytelling, this could be his Michael Cimino ("Heaven's Gate") moment.