6.5

1. PaulK.
    Jun 15, 2007
    This was actually enjoyable. The clever odds and ends add to the well written story. As far as summer popcorn movies go, this is a safe bet for families and anyone looking for mild comedy/mystery.
  2. DanB.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Great! They didn't ruin the legendary Nancy Drew. They didn't make a joke of her. Instead they actually let Nancy maintain her traditional dignity and sincerity. Hollywood did it right this time! This life long Nancy Drew fan is extremely pleased with this movie. Nice job!
  3. JSewell
    Jun 18, 2007
    Stays in the spirit of the original books.
  4. ChadS.
    Aug 22, 2007
    The filmmaker had seven seasons of the Gilmore Girls on DVD at his disposal, which would've come in handy since "Nancy Drew" begins clumsily in a quaint small-town(a chaste one, too) that has none of the charm of Stars Hollow(the fictional setting of the now-defunct WB show). The opening scenes are godawful. "Nancy Drew" never recovers. What worked in "The Brady Bunch"(which is to The filmmaker had seven seasons of the Gilmore Girls on DVD at his disposal, which would've come in handy since "Nancy Drew" begins clumsily in a quaint small-town(a chaste one, too) that has none of the charm of Stars Hollow(the fictional setting of the now-defunct WB show). The opening scenes are godawful. "Nancy Drew" never recovers. What worked in "The Brady Bunch"(which is to contrast the wardrobe and demeanor of two disparate generations), doesn't work here. The case Nancy works on isn't interesting. Emma Roberts is defeated by a terrible script. For starters, a detonating bomb is probably not a good idea. Also not good, the sexlessness of the teens, in all places, Los Angeles, is a major distraction. Nancy probably thinks that babies arrive via stork. Expand
  5. JaredC.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Its well paced, and its very interesting, but its not the movie with the best of script.
  6. AlexaReymann
    Jun 18, 2007
    Crap! Why is Emma Roberts acting? She is terrible! The only reason she is in films is because her dad is Eric Roberts and her aunt is Julia Roberts. She looks way too young to even be playing Nancy Drew, let alone to be driving a car in the movie. Boring and not true to the books many people have come to love. Its time we get some REAL talent in Hollywood!
  7. KMcGowan
    Jun 20, 2007
    True to the books, but the young actress is a complete bore, as life like as a plastic barbie doll.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I agree COMPLETELY with Alexa. Emma Roberts sucks and the movie was crap.
  9. KenG
    Jul 2, 2007
    Emma Roberts is a lot better than the clumsy script.
  10. JayH.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Emma Roberts is beginning to develop into a good actress and is well cast. The movie is more enjoyable than I would have expected. Good mystery, it's always entertaining and it draws you into the story.
  11. BonnieC
    Jun 17, 2007
    I think it was a very good movie for older kids and adults. Nancy did follow the rules a little bit to much. She should of went over the speed limit to save her life! Otherwise it was a very good movie. I give it a thumbs up!
  12. kayleighms
    Mar 28, 2008
    Car chases, gunfire, bombs, and more kidnapping attempts abound, but seem out of place even in Los Angeles. Nancy is not intimidated by any of the threats
  13. Apr 10, 2015
    HOLY. **** This is cinema gold. Honestly how the **** didn't this win an oscar? Emma is at the top of her career and her performance as the devious gal was stellar. Barbara Barbara was a complete gem and added so much depth and humanity to the real estate world, I want to be a real estate agent now! Poor ned tho, what a boi. Those effects when that manhole blew up was absolutely fantasticHOLY. **** This is cinema gold. Honestly how the **** didn't this win an oscar? Emma is at the top of her career and her performance as the devious gal was stellar. Barbara Barbara was a complete gem and added so much depth and humanity to the real estate world, I want to be a real estate agent now! Poor ned tho, what a boi. Those effects when that manhole blew up was absolutely fantastic I literally grabbed my father beside me and held him close, I felt that heat from the flames. I really shipped nancy and the fat kid, but that cockblock ned had to ruin it. Overall this movie was amazing and I think that it had so many good quotes. I loved the realism of Deliah Dreycott and I thought she was a real person. I just HAD TO BUY some penny loafers because they are so in right now. I also felt really sad when Deliah's daughter got evicted because I recently had to evict my little dog from my house from eating my nutella. I also changed schools to the one they filmed at because I want to sit at that lunch table every day and eat perfectly sliced sandwiches and sit with **** who eat cupcakes. When she was about to fall of the building after sweet talking the mass murderers into not wrecking her up, I thought she was a true hero. Her father is a total dick however and totally ruined the mood, with his whiny opinions about emmas sex life, and crashing her party. LET HER GET THE DICK! All in all, what a fantastic amazing cool sweet awesome life changing movie which changed my life for ever. I have legally changed my name to Drew Nancy, not exactly her name, just to honor her, as I can never be as cool and swaggy as she was when she hopped on neds dick. Best movie i have ever seen in my life, and the only one to give me sweet fantasys and dreams of being a super sleuth. NO MORE SLEUTHING NANCY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Expand

1. The culture-clash procedural, which brings the small-town teen to big bad Hollywood, feels more perfunctory than inspired.
  2. Reviewed by: Lael Loewenstein
    Purportedly an attempt to modernize the young detective's adventures for a new generation of tweens, the pic instead serves up stale mystery-movie cliches and overcooked red herrings in a thoroughly wooden adaptation.
    This tweener goddess--a virtual Batcave of handy accessories packed in her shoulder bag--may prove too annoying for general audiences, particularly as Roberts plays her comically straight.