7.8

1. Jan 8, 2011
    Napoleon Dynamite is definitely not my kind of comedy. As Roger Ebert called it "studied stupidity," the film just shows how stupid one is. Or awkward. Or both, really. Which, not being American, does not resonate with me at all. Yes, maybe many Americans feel that way about themselves, but god - this was just a horrible film! It is one of those films that does not really have a point to itself, I feel. Maybe it does, but the entire experience totally goes passed me. I could not even finish it all the way, quite frankly. I could feel my IQ fall with every minute... Definitely would avoid this by all means. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2010
    I tried to understand why ANYONE would find this movie entertaining. One thing I noticed in reading the positive reviews was that most of them have numerous misspellings and grammatical errors ( as would be in the lower intellect segment of society). Hence the good reviews.
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    If the quality of a comedy is based on the quantity of laughter involved after the punch lines then this movie should rate LESS than ZERO... Simply because almost every comedy produced on earth results in at least ONE laugh, ergo Napoleon Dynamite needs to be rated as the worst comedy in history!!! No laughs and script gaffs should be cut in halfs !!!
  4. Mar 24, 2013
    This movie is not a comedy. One wold assume for a movie to be classified as a comedy it would have to generate at least ONE laugh throughout it's entire boredom. If you did laugh at this you must have been using some illegal substance to change your environment into an all humor universe! Get into reality and find actual comedic movies. Try Mel Brooks, Woodie Allen, Cohen Brothers etc, etc...
  5. Nov 24, 2011
    Its original and it is a little funny but really the entire film is just so stupid that I simply can not stand it. I dont understand how people find this film any good.
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    The movie is less comical and more of an awkward mess. Quite, possibly one of the worst movies I have seen, in over twenty years and definitely the worst comedy. No idea how this gained a score of anything over 3, the movie is simply... BAD!!!
  7. Aug 10, 2011
    Just a terrible movie.To say that it's deliberately stupid is an understatement.The characters are incomprehensibly asinine and incredibly boring.There isn't one believable moment in the whole movie.The whole experience was shockingly mind-numbing and the movie, painfully unfunny.Usually I tend to enjoy movies about eccentrics and/or social outsiders but this was horrible.It just bored me terribly and didn't make me laugh whatsoever.I hated it!â Expand
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. What an asinine waste of time. Even ten years after seeing it in theatres I look back on the film with hatred.
  9. Jan 28, 2014
    What to say about Napoleon Dynamite? I really didn't think it was all that funny. I think it started out pretty funny, and I liked the ending, but for the most part it was extremely boring and lacking in humor. Now notice I said for the most part. There are a few funny scenes scattered throughout, and it contains a unique sense of quirkiness, but when an hour and twenty two minute comedy feels like a whole day you know it wasn't very good. It thinks that the characters standing there looking stupid and depressed is hilarious, but in reality it's just humorless and strenuously boring. Sure it's different, but that doesn't automatically make it great. Expand
  10. Sep 15, 2013
    This movie takes gross, kiddie-gloved movies to a whole new level. It was boring, and it was not funny at all. The censoring of curses by saying dang and gosh was annoying. either say the word, or don't say it at all. This was a kiddie PG flick not worth your time.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    As long as you don't mind making fun of the afflicted, there are some killer comic moments.
    The cast playing these eccentric characters is magnificent...This is definitely one of the most unique comedies you’ll see all year.
  3. A one-note, lightweight, condescending comedy about the rubes of Idaho.