7.9

1. JackB.
    Mar 2, 2005
    This could have been improved by including more humorous scenes (since this is a comedy) and there was few in this film.
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    One of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it really captures the average socially awkward teen and dysfunctional family perfectly, I loved every character and every moment of this hilarious movie, while some say some of the scenes are useless I disagree, I felt they were all necessary in defining the characters, if you like comedies or just good movies, this is a must see, this is aOne of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it really captures the average socially awkward teen and dysfunctional family perfectly, I loved every character and every moment of this hilarious movie, while some say some of the scenes are useless I disagree, I felt they were all necessary in defining the characters, if you like comedies or just good movies, this is a must see, this is a masterpiece that is deserving of nothing less that a perfect 10. Expand
  3. BryceA.
    Sep 6, 2004
    Heck yes Napoleon Dynamite is amazing, its its incredible. IT does whatever it feels like it wants to do Gosh. It gets funnier every time I see it.
    Sep 8, 2004
    GREAT MOVIE, CANT BE BEAT "Do you think people will vote for me? Heck yes! I'd vote for you. Like what are my skills? Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache. "
  5. JennieM.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Okay this was an awsome movie and trust me it only gets better EVERY time you watch it!
  6. krystalg
    Jan 8, 2005
    If i could i would definetly give with movie a 15...Everything about it is just so hilarious. the voices, the clothes, the plott, EVERYTHING i could go on but i mean the point is that its great. Napoleon, Kipp, Pedro..? just the names alone crack me up!! i love Napeloen Dynamite.
  7. MBG
    Jan 9, 2005
    Heck yes this movie is pretty much the best movie in the world!! Its freakin awesome if you know what I'm sayin!! So if you do then you must vote for Pedro!! HAHA!
  8. AndyM.
    Jun 27, 2009
    This is movie is incredibly peculiar. It has this bleak and depressing tone, yet it still manages to be heartwarming, uplifting, and comedic. It doesn't hit you over the head with gags, as some people might have expected when they first saw it in theaters. Rather, it has this quirky, subtle, eccentric appeal that grows on you. Great acting, great soundtrack... it's a must-see This is movie is incredibly peculiar. It has this bleak and depressing tone, yet it still manages to be heartwarming, uplifting, and comedic. It doesn't hit you over the head with gags, as some people might have expected when they first saw it in theaters. Rather, it has this quirky, subtle, eccentric appeal that grows on you. Great acting, great soundtrack... it's a must-see film. John Heder plays this role perfectly (though, sadly, he can't play any other role). You can keep coming back to this film, and it will only get better. Just... don't expect a blockbuster teen comedy. Expand
  9. DrewG
    Feb 1, 2005
    Flippin' awesome film!
  10. marcusm
    Feb 7, 2005
    Halarious from start to finish, and the special ending was really funny. You easily fall in love (in a sense) w/ the characters because you can relate in one way or anther (you were/are like them, and/or you know someone who is). Perfectly scritped and acted, these characters could easily pass for real people. A must see and must OWN!!
  11. VincentH.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Yes, this film is the poor man's "Rushmore" (it essentially has most of the same ideas) and Jared Hess seems to be the poor man's Wes Anderson, but this film has enough solid belly-laughs & set pieces to please those looking for a pleasant comedy. There is a subplot involving Napoleon's loser uncles that is kind of boring but other than that this is highly recommended to Yes, this film is the poor man's "Rushmore" (it essentially has most of the same ideas) and Jared Hess seems to be the poor man's Wes Anderson, but this film has enough solid belly-laughs & set pieces to please those looking for a pleasant comedy. There is a subplot involving Napoleon's loser uncles that is kind of boring but other than that this is highly recommended to people looking for an unique comedy that is a welcomed alternative to those unlucky souls who become caught up in the hell-like vortex known as "White Chicks". Expand
  12. BenS.
    Jan 25, 2005
    hilarious
  13. KellyD.
    Jan 6, 2005
    One of the funniest movies i have ever seen in my life.
  14. KatieB.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Awesomest movie ever!!!!!
  15. ChristianH.
    Jun 16, 2004
    I've never watched a movie and laughed so hard that I actually cried . . . and I did with Napoleon Dynamite. Definitely not a movie for everyone, but the negative reviews that say that ND is a self-deprecating, self-hating movie have completely missed the point of this film.
  16. RulonL.
    Jul 9, 2004
    One of the best comidies I have seen in ages. It was wonderful to see something that I could enjoy all the way through without feeling uncomfortable because of bad language, etc.
  17. GregJ.
    Aug 30, 2004
    Look at the critics ratings, and look at the user ratings hahaha. The critics are really bombing this year. People love this movie, from start to finish. This is the best movie I've seen all year. It is interestingly enough, comparable to Forrest Gump. I loved it, and you will too. Definately a movie that people will enjoy
  18. BetsyH.
    Sep 10, 2004
    This movie is hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing and if you ask me "heck yes!" I would see this movie again!
  19. KatieR.
    Sep 5, 2004
    I love this move with a passion! it turns me on and it gets me all hot and bothered. i am anxiously waiting for it to come out on DVD so i can love it and cherish it even more!
  20. gabyg
    Jan 8, 2005
    Man this was the best movie ive ever seen I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!i want the boots he has but i cant find the anywhere. :(
  21. MathewR.
    Mar 1, 2005
    First time it was 9/10, then when I watched it again the next day it was pure 10/10. I was in tears the second time. Good off-the-wall comedy.
  22. MattA
    Mar 30, 2005
    This movie made me laugh my ass off...its a cult classic forshure, its so original and funny, and the actor of napolean did an amazing job...its one of my most favorite movies of all time!!!!! NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!
  23. tommym.
    Mar 7, 2005
    Im really busy ryt now!!!
  24. AbbyG
    Mar 9, 2005
    Why do you love me..why do you need me...always and forever!!! Hilarious movie :-D
  25. giad.
    Apr 10, 2005
    This is a funny movie! Its so stupid its funny!
  26. tinam.
    May 7, 2005
    Loved it.
  27. BobP.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Best movie ever.
  28. WhitneyB.
    Nov 21, 2004
    I thought this movie was so hilarious i was crying!! i have seen it so much i can say the words right along with the characters! if i could i would give this movie a 15! it was that good! any one who thought it was dumb can bury themselves in a hole and keep their negative opinions to themselves!
  29. AdenR.
    Oct 10, 2004
    This is the funniest movie i have seen all year, and i cant stop quoting from it.
  30. EmilyD.
    Dec 7, 2004
    Haha, this move is sweet. Napolean is my hero! I love how its made in Idaho, (i'm from Idaho) I live for the random thing Napolean comes up with.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    As long as you don't mind making fun of the afflicted, there are some killer comic moments.
    The cast playing these eccentric characters is magnificent...This is definitely one of the most unique comedies you’ll see all year.
  3. A one-note, lightweight, condescending comedy about the rubes of Idaho.