5.6

1. Aug 25, 2014
    This movie wasn't any better or worse than the first one, in my opinion. Of course, if you haven't seen the first movie, you don't really get some of the character interaction (my own memory was a little rusty, so I did notice this).

There are some neat moments and facts tossed around, but what really bugged me in the first movie as well was that even if there were questions and
    answers, the movie didn't REALLY bother to explain how exactly the characters reached certain conclusions. Of couse that would make it less like what most people want to go and watch, but for me, it was as if the makers of the movie just didn't bother to dig deep enough to dare and really SHOW how it's done. Expand
  2. May 3, 2014
    When I first saw the movie in theatres, I felt disappointed. My first impression of the film is that it didn't have the same excitement as the first film, and I thought the vibe was too different. It was too tough to get around, and with Helen Mirren in the movie, I thought it was a bad sign.

The first time I had seen the movie since opening day was earlier this week on Encore. My
    opinion on this had been a lot better than the first time. I knew there was going to be no way it would be better than the first, so I wasn't expecting much. It actually was just as good as the first. I first thought the direction it was going didn't seem to be good, but I had to trust the film with the plot. It didn't really push any of my buttons and didn't become a dud of a sequel unlike TRANSFORMERS 2! Expand
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    Another winner in the series, Book of Secrets is even better than the first film. It has more suspense and more action, and is very fun and entertaining to watch. I hope they make a 3rd.
  4. Mar 1, 2014
    It's not as good as the previous one, because the ending was a little boring and the movie overall wasn't that entertaining as the previous National Treasure movie, but it's still a wonderful movie that got fabulous music, great actors (especially Bruce Greenwood and Nicolas Cage), an awesome story, a high amount of action and a great tempo.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets gets a 8/10
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    This sequel, "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" is almost exactly like the first but with different locations. However, this film does have some excellent and unbelievable special effects that you wouldn't have imagined. Once again, though, the story is ridiculous and many historical information are inaccurate.
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    A Book of Secrets on how to make you vomit.
    National Treasure creates a very unnecessary sequel to the mediocre prequel. A very illogical, uninteresting, soulless piece of trash formulated as a pure cash grab.
  7. May 26, 2013
    I hate that this film is the exact same film as the first, but it's still fun. A bit sillier at times and slightly more unbelievable, but still a fun ride. Although I have no desire to buy this DVD ever, anytime the movie comes on TV, I normally watch it simply because it's entertaining.
  8. Sep 2, 2012
    What a step down from the first. The movie came across very phony and seem to recycle themes from the first. Helen Mirren put on a performance that should have been up for a razzie.
  9. Sep 2, 2012
    Most certainly not as good as the first. It still manages to repeat all the great qualities that made the first one good, except the the story line. just wasn't as interesting.
  10. Apr 9, 2012
    Well to me this film was FANTASTIC. I know this might be shocking because of what other people are saying but i think Nicolas Cage was a great actor in National treasure 1 and 2. I loved every part of the film.
  11. Jan 27, 2012
    The film is more funny and entertaining than the original and features solid performances from a great cast who have fantastic chemistry, but sadly at most times the film is way too over the top and unbelievable no matter how entertaining it actually is. I give this movie 57%.
  12. Dec 29, 2011
    Not as good as the original National Treasure, and even that was pretty horrific. The acting as always, is O.K. It's always the crazy and unbelievable storyline that ruined both movies.
  13. CRL
    Jul 30, 2011
    It's not the original by any span of the imagination. It's about half as clever, half as funny, and the chain of events is less than half as plausible. Still, I did enjoy seeing a couple of the characters again, and every once in a while it would show a glimmer of the intriguing history and humor made the original so great.
  14. Apr 3, 2011
    This film was painfully bad. The dialog was so poorly written that many of the lines are downright embarrassing. The shot sequences felt rushed and the performances were not engaging. I am all for suspending some sense of realism for the sake of an exciting story line but jeez, some of the stuff going on here is so unrealistic and so poorly executed, it's almost laughable! I do not understand Nicholas Cage as an actor. In this role, particularly, I do not understand his hair, his smugness or his delivery. The only saving grace of this film is the lovely Diane Kruger, who shines despite the ambivalence of her fellow actors, or maybe because of them. Expand
  15. Aug 23, 2010
    Not as good as the first one but still decent. There was even more action and excitement in this one, but was a little more far-fetched. Also, it kind of bugged me that they didn't reveal anything in the book of secrets...

1. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    This ain’t "The Da Vinci Code," folks, and the reason you can tell is that it’s actually quite entertaining.
  2. All you want from a movie like this, really, is a little brainless fun, and it keeps holding out on you. Everyone looks fatigued. Even Cage’s toupee seems ambivalent about having signed on for a sequel.
  3. It contains all the elements from the original film...But that's the problem: It's virtually the same movie with new locations. Oh, plus Helen Mirren. Not a bad addition, but the popcorn fun is gone.