7.1

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Definitely not as bad as the critics make it out to be, but National Treasure's storyline is very preposterous. The acting is O.K., and I'd say so is the movie. The history is terrible, however.
  2. Sep 10, 2010
    The critics have this all wrong. National Treasure was one of the best movies ever. P.S. There are like 50 guys who gave this a N/A score but said they loved it. What's up with that?
  3. Feb 20, 2014
    National Treasure is an enormous flawless movie, and it's very entertaining and exiting.

The opening scene in National Treasure is completely super, and I really enjoyed the historical references in this wonderful movie. The story might be one of the best ever made, and combined with the enormous well played actors, couldn't this movie be more awesome as it is. National Treasure is an
    exiting movie that keeps me entertained, and it's also funny. The amount of action in National Treasure is the greatest thing about this movie, because it's so fascinating and entertaining. Another thing that's great about this movie is the music, it's so damn good! The ending in National Treasure is wonderful, and the movie overall never felt boring at any time, which is why I'm giving National treasure a 9/10.

National Treasure gets a 9/10
  4. Aug 23, 2010
    A really interesting and entertaining movie. Lots of fun and I was really intrigues as to where and what the treasure would be. There were also lots of good chases and action. Pretty dece.
  5. Jan 21, 2012
    I'm not sure if my dvd of National Treasure was the same as the critics but I thought this movie was fantastic. Sure there was some faults here and there but personally I'd rank this on my top 5 N. Cage movies. I thought Sean Bean was great in this film and people that don't like it is probably because they already know about American History so they know that a low of stuff in the movie is BS but I didn't know much about the Founding Fathers etc so I guess I understood it more on a movie persperctive Expand
  6. CRL
    Jul 30, 2011
    This is definitely one the critics just couldn't understand. National Treasure was a fantastic movie, especially for a history geek like me. Nicolas Cage isn't quite as crazy, Diane Kruger is surprisingly good, and Justin Bartha makes one of the greatest comic reliefs in Riley I've ever seen.
  7. Jan 26, 2012
    National Treasure is Disney's attempt at Indiana Jones and for the most part it works. The films are entertaining in the fact they are simplistic and yet well constructed. National Treasure revolves around Ben Gates (Benjamin Franklin Gates if you want to emphasise a stupid plot device) as he travels the US looking for clues leading to a treasure of unimaginable wealth with the assistance of Tech Wizz Riley Poole, Art Restorer Abigail Chase (if you didn't know it was a chase movie) and his father Patrick Gates. All the while they are trying to stay ahead of a rival treasure hunter Ian Howe. The film moves from set piece to set piece well with the film never really stopping to relax. This unrelenting pace makes the film thoroughly enjoyable. However they still make it easy to follow making the viewing easygoing which is exactly what is needed from a Disney film. That being said the film seriously embraces cheese both in its script and in some of the action and at times its hard not to notice. However the overall feel is one of lighthearted fun and that is exactly what you will have watching the film. Expand
  8. Jan 27, 2012
    National Treasure does seem just unbelievable at times, but thanks to its talented cast, its wit and humor it ends up being one of the most entertaining films in recent years. I give this film a solid 74%.
  9. Mar 30, 2012
    National Treasure is a wonderful adventure, showing all the great landmarks of this country. Giving us a history lesson never seem boring, even through the eyes of Nicholas Cage. The score was heart pounding and so was the movie.
  10. Jul 4, 2013
    Solid entertainment. Misinterpreted history has never been more fun. The action, the music, the one-liners, they all blend well together. Nice to see some landmarks.
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    "National Treasure" is the sort of movie that when you're watching it, you think it's great, but after watching it and you think it through, it's just kinda silly. You'll find many of the historical contents ridiculously inaccurate. Unless you slept through history classes, that is.
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    This film is so much fun! I love History and the film is pretty exciting, and honestly, I can't complain with that. The script and acting is average, but the movie is fun and the characters are likable.
  13. Mar 8, 2014
    National Treasure is an intriguing adventure film with an interesting premise and carefully plotted clues about America's biggest secrets. Nicolas Cage is great as Ben Gates, and this is one of his best roles.
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    National Treasure fails to strike gold.
    With a very interesting and well thought out premise, National Treasure exceeds to entertain and fails royally to actually explain the motives and decisions of many of the characters.
  15. Jan 4, 2014
    I remember watching it the day before winter break in History class. At the time, I found it a good movie. Reviewing the movie outside of history class? Not so great. The plot can barely be called a plot, but the actors/actresses try their best. Overall, the movie is a "meh", although it makes a nice boredom breaker.
    And hey, it has Nic Cage!
  16. Ozy
    Apr 2, 2014
    Im shocked at the critics review of this movie. I specifically joined to put my 2cents against them. One of my all time favourites. National Treasure has had a lasting affect on me. I've never met anyone who didn't like it. If you're into a mission impossible style movie this is a must watch. It has action adventure comedy romance and a happy ending, what else could you want in a feel good movie! It had fantastic twists all throughout, in particular the end. Its not the pianist or shindlers list- not all movies are like this nor would we want them all to be. Expand

It lacks the conviction to embrace its own garish awfulness, resulting in little more than tedious historical and patriotic hokum, a preposterous potboiler done in by slack pacing and pedestrian execution.
  2. Isn't any fun at all, which is ultimately the most damning thing you can say about a Bruckheimer movie.
  3. Overall the film is alluringly over-the-top without being overcooked.