Neighbors

6.3

1. Sep 24, 2014
    This movie reminds me a lot of other Seth Rogen films like "This Is The End" Or "Pineapple Express" but without James Franco. Instead of him , you get his little brother. Witch isn't that bad, The acting is what you expect from a late night comedy that's geared towards people who probably are not sober well watching the film. But the part that you care about in a comedy movie the most isThis movie reminds me a lot of other Seth Rogen films like "This Is The End" Or "Pineapple Express" but without James Franco. Instead of him , you get his little brother. Witch isn't that bad, The acting is what you expect from a late night comedy that's geared towards people who probably are not sober well watching the film. But the part that you care about in a comedy movie the most is great. The jokes, Offensive, Original and very adult.
    Definitely get some friends together and watch this as a late night movie.
  2. Jul 31, 2014
    In a summer that is filled to the bone with high levels of explosions, slinging webs, and carnivorous apes. But, on the other hand, if you look closely that lightly seeded throughout the busiest movie going season, we do get a splash of genuine heartfelt comedies. We saw this last year with “We’re The Millers” and the beloved “This Is The End” and previous years with the likes of “HorribleIn a summer that is filled to the bone with high levels of explosions, slinging webs, and carnivorous apes. But, on the other hand, if you look closely that lightly seeded throughout the busiest movie going season, we do get a splash of genuine heartfelt comedies. We saw this last year with “We’re The Millers” and the beloved “This Is The End” and previous years with the likes of “Horrible Bosses”. While it comes sooner than expected, with summer 2014 already stacked high with tons of R-rated comedies. The new film “Neighbors” gets to draw first blood.
    From the creative team of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and director Nicholas Stoller. While the film’s premise is intriguing enough, and believe me there are plenty of laughs to go around. However, in terms of the teams best, “Neighbors” is nowhere near the levels as last summer’s “This Is The End”, a film this team also had a huge stake in. However, thanks to the quick witted comedic timing of co-star Zac Efron, and the high velocity and energy levels of on-screen couple, Seth Rogen, and the always funny Rose Byrne “Neighbors” is hilarious. Although the film falls into a slew of typical plot patterns. Though towards the end of the film’s duration, the humor, the jokes, and the message (if you can find it) are more than enough to equip “Neighbors” under another successful entry into the other Seth Rogen films that have preceded it.

The film follows “Big” Mac Radner (Rogen) and his wife Kelly (Byrne) a young couple with a newborn baby, Stella. Which prohibits them from living a fun, and engaging life. Including their long time friends. This eventually leads to several failed attempts to maintain their old lifestyle (including a decision to take their baby to a rave). These thoughts are immediately thwarted when a fraternity Delta Psi, known for their outrageous parties, move in next door. Lead by president Teddy Sanders (Efron) and VP Pete Ragzolli (Dave Franco). The Couple eventually breaks a secluded promise they endeared to Teddy. Stating that if they had any issues, they won’t call the police and instead talk to them personally. Thus causing a righteous uproar and bidding the war, as the tagline suggests, “Family vs Frat”.

If we look at the other films Nicholas Stoller has helmed including; “Pineapple Express”, “The Sitter” and...yeah .. “Your Highness”. Speaking literally, “Neighbors” is almost as good, if not better than all of those films. Partially because the film has such a strong story premise that mostly anyone can relate to. While the film’s box office success will be propelled by women fleeing to see Zac Efron with his shirt off 85% of the film. I commend the actor, and truly felt him as a comedian. (This being Efron’s first “real” comedic role, well.. if you count ‘That Awkward Moment”). As with most Rogen-esq films, the writing is top notch. Never does it cease to amaze me, that since “The 40 Year Old Virgin” these descendants of the great Judd Apatow are eerily consistent with every film they put out.

The film, however, is nothing without this impeccable cast. Lead by Seth Rogen, but the real show stealer must belong to, Rose Byrne as the loveable, yet manipulative wife. While her character is not stereotypical in any way, I felt the role was tailor made just for her. There is also some good supporting work as well from MADTV alum, Ike Barinholtz. And fan favorites Christopher-Mintz Plasse and Dave Franco. The film comes on strong a few times, but the story progress nicely. “Neighbors” also transitions well between some hefty raunchy and lude R-rated behavior, to a more sentimental approach about friendship.

“Neighbors” on a grander scale as a whole works diligently in the path it’s headed. It caters to it’s young crowd of college students, but also makes it worthwhile for older adults as well. There were moments in this film when I could not see the screen, because, I was laughing too hard. The film easily balances it’s themes, inappropriate humor and value perfectly. Never settling for second hand jokes, the film that has enough quotes to last the summer. Sure there are escalated times of when you may not be laughing enough. However, all the stars are evenly matched and the film no question earns my good graces, as well as, the hefty R-rating bestowed upon it.

B+

Studio: Universal Pictures
    Release Date: May 9th 2014

Thanks For Stopping By.
  3. Jan 4, 2015
    The thing that makes this film special is that it tries to innovate the studio comedy genre. The performances are fun and so is everything in this. Efron definitely has changed and it's going to do great things for his career.
  4. Mar 12, 2015
    Seth Rogan is absolutely fantastic, there's no going around it. He has a lock on raunchy comedy like no one else in Hollywood. His style and comic timing are almost impeccable and he effortlessly lights up the screen every time we see him. Thriving alongside a talented cast including Zac Efron and Dave Franco, he brings us some of the funniest work of his career.
  5. May 9, 2014
    Neighbors is just undeniably laugh out loud funny, it is hell-a- arious . If you are going in expecting a typical R rated comedy you are going in blind and that's good for you. If you did not watch the trailers and you are going in blind that is great for you, because every minute in this movie either has a joke or is sweet. Everyone in this movie did a great job, Seth Rogen plays likeNeighbors is just undeniably laugh out loud funny, it is hell-a- arious . If you are going in expecting a typical R rated comedy you are going in blind and that's good for you. If you did not watch the trailers and you are going in blind that is great for you, because every minute in this movie either has a joke or is sweet. Everyone in this movie did a great job, Seth Rogen plays like every Seth Rogen in a movie which is really fun to watch, Rose Byrne is actually very funny in this movie and HOT. Zac Efron is the one Disney lead that did not ruin his life and apparently his movie career is going up and I am happy for him he was so funny in this movie, he can be goofy and douche perfectly well! Apparently this movie is a step forward in its genre, it is unforgettable, hilarious and just so well made I highly recommend it to everyone! Just go see it and you'll know why! Expand
  6. Jun 1, 2014
    "Neighbors" is a funny, entertaining and surprisingly thoughtful film. It’s about old vs. new generations going at it, but at its core, it’s a film that’s about learning when to grow up and take responsibility. The script is infused with hilarious jokes, ridiculous pranks and situations, and intelligent pop-culture references that bridge generations. The story itself is quite enjoyable,"Neighbors" is a funny, entertaining and surprisingly thoughtful film. It’s about old vs. new generations going at it, but at its core, it’s a film that’s about learning when to grow up and take responsibility. The script is infused with hilarious jokes, ridiculous pranks and situations, and intelligent pop-culture references that bridge generations. The story itself is quite enjoyable, even though at times the movie can feel a bit unfocused.

The characters are colorful and likeable and the actors give some great comedic performances. Seth Rogan is hilarious and provides most of the laughs. His shameless attitude really allows for some awesome and gut wrenchingly funny moments. Zac Effron proves yet again that he is a born star, who will be one of the biggest stars in the near future. His comedic timing is impeccable and he is just so great to watch. Dave Franco is also no short of awesome as well as the rest of the cast.

Overall, “Neighbors” is a really hilarious film that is not short on laughs and also some valuable life lessons. It has a fun soundtrack and the direction, especially for the party scene are well done. Probably the best comedy of the year and really worth checking out. I give it 4/5
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    This movie was absolutely hilarious. i don't think i went more than a minute without even chuckling at something. Although it is not as funny as This Is The End, it still holds it own. Zac Efron shows off his comedic skills and surprisingly holds his own against Seth Rogen. The movie has the comedy to appeal to the young college audience, and also the adult with kids humor that willThis movie was absolutely hilarious. i don't think i went more than a minute without even chuckling at something. Although it is not as funny as This Is The End, it still holds it own. Zac Efron shows off his comedic skills and surprisingly holds his own against Seth Rogen. The movie has the comedy to appeal to the young college audience, and also the adult with kids humor that will attract parents and grandparents. There were people of all ages in the theater, and they all laughed just the same. I highly recommend watching this movie. Expand
  8. May 9, 2014
    Good movie. No more, no less. It was funny, had good characters, decent acting and is sure to please most audiences. Not great, nor oustanding though. Just a solid movie.
  9. May 18, 2014
    I'll admit right off the bat that the comedy isn't the best aspect of this movie. I was laughing consistently throughout but not much was absolutely hilarious. That being said, what really makes Neighbors work in my opinion is 1) the acting, which was all very well-done (including from Zac Efron) & had good comedic timing to it, 2) the story, which was engaging all the way through & madeI'll admit right off the bat that the comedy isn't the best aspect of this movie. I was laughing consistently throughout but not much was absolutely hilarious. That being said, what really makes Neighbors work in my opinion is 1) the acting, which was all very well-done (including from Zac Efron) & had good comedic timing to it, 2) the story, which was engaging all the way through & made the wise choice to stay fairly short length-wise, and 3) the characters, who are all as likeable or unlikeable as the movie wants us to be at any given time, and both main characters go through a good amount of growth, solidified by an interesting ending moral. Overall definitely worth your time, as long as you lower your expectations a little in he laugh department to focus on other elements.

(For a long, more in-depth review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it.)
  10. May 20, 2014
    While the humor can be good, the plot differs. The story can sometimes be very confusing, and both of the two main characters have boring goals. The characters were okay this movie did make you feel for Zac Efron's character and it also made you feel for Seth Rogan's character. Overall neighbors is a movie that can definitely be supported by its great humor.
  11. May 27, 2014
    This movie was hilarious. I found myself laughing from beginning to end. I reckon it's even better than "This is the End," mostly in part to that movie dragging on longer than it should have. If you're a fan of Rogen's work, you're going to absolutely love this movie.
  12. May 13, 2014
    Gross jokes and scenes were my expectations but there is some depth and tenderness in this film which brought me to view it again. Having lived in a male fraternity in a New England private college, the reality of party life and the immaturity portrayed here are actually realistic. I remember one drunken fraternity brother riding his motorcycle around our dining room to the great amusementGross jokes and scenes were my expectations but there is some depth and tenderness in this film which brought me to view it again. Having lived in a male fraternity in a New England private college, the reality of party life and the immaturity portrayed here are actually realistic. I remember one drunken fraternity brother riding his motorcycle around our dining room to the great amusement of our drunken brothers and the enormous mess that this party created - spraying beer at each other etc., etc. But there was also deep bonding which endured as we shared our lives and growing older and becoming adults seemed so, so far away - just like this fraternity portrayed here. The contrast with the couple next store (really struggling with their transition to adult responsibilities) provided the depth that was below the surface of all the comedy and tensions. This is a good, funny flick worth seeing. Expand
  13. May 11, 2014
    Great laugh-out-loud comedy. Laughs all the way through. All of the cast are stellar. Rogen and Efron have great chemistry and the supporting cast of Dave Franco, Rose Byrne and newcomer Jerrod Carmichael really impress and help to offer more great laughs. 10/10
  14. May 10, 2014
    Featuring some uproariously multi-faceted waves of humor, brilliantly fleshed out characters, solid performances, and shockingly affecting moments of heart sprinkled throughout, "Neighbors" marks yet another successful comedy for Rogen, Goldberg, and Point Grey Pictures stunning filmographic repertoire.
  15. Oct 26, 2014
    New parents Mac and Kelly Radner are worried that with the new responsibility of being parents all of their good times are at an end. When a fraternity moves in next door things get a crazy. A back and forth battle for the neighborhood starts that the Radners use to bring their lives some new excitement.

Crazy antics, well polished humor, and near-perfect comedic timing make this an

Crazy antics, well polished humor, and near-perfect comedic timing make this an absolute laugh riot. The real strength of it is how this whole scenario feels like it could actually take place. The characters are believable thanks to the entire fantastic cast. Efron in particular is enjoyable just because this is something that you might not expect to see him in. The best part about it is that the trailers didn't spoil all of the funny parts. The whole movie is hilarious.

Admittedly you do have to be a fan of r-rated comedies and Rogen's work. If you are then I see no reason why you wouldn't find this to be the laugh riot I did. So far I think it's the best comedy of this year. If you're looking for some laughs then I recommend you give this a shot. It's pretty much the perfect mix of goofy and raunchy humor. My total score for it is a 9.9/10.
  16. May 10, 2014
    Neighbors is funny, I get it, but it never fulfills its goal to be a brilliant comedy film. Seth Rogen plays Mac Radner and Rose Byrne plays Kelly Radner and this movie is about them moving into a new neighbourhood and meeting 50 brothers (led by Zac Efron and Dave Franco). Nicholas Stoller- director of Get Him to The Greek directs. It's a raunchy, over the top comedy film- and at that-Neighbors is funny, I get it, but it never fulfills its goal to be a brilliant comedy film. Seth Rogen plays Mac Radner and Rose Byrne plays Kelly Radner and this movie is about them moving into a new neighbourhood and meeting 50 brothers (led by Zac Efron and Dave Franco). Nicholas Stoller- director of Get Him to The Greek directs. It's a raunchy, over the top comedy film- and at that- its funny. Seth and Rose give good performances but Zac Efron is the best of the bunch, not every Disney star gets pinned. But there are flaws, the frat vs family prank war gets tiring quickly, with mind numbing party scenes which just suck. There are more than 200 sexual jokes in the movie (if that makes you want to watch it). Well, Neighbors is a bluray buy for me, it's really funny but it's flawed. Expand
  17. May 13, 2014
    A hilarious new offering from seth rogen and nicholas stoller lives up to the hype. Bad Neighbors the funniest movie of 2014 so far. The chemistry between Seth Rogen and Zac Efron and Rose Byrne is fantastic. Rose is actually the funniest bit of this film. Zac proves himself to be a force of nature in hollywood and he shows in this film that he is here to stay. Yes it has some flaws butA hilarious new offering from seth rogen and nicholas stoller lives up to the hype. Bad Neighbors the funniest movie of 2014 so far. The chemistry between Seth Rogen and Zac Efron and Rose Byrne is fantastic. Rose is actually the funniest bit of this film. Zac proves himself to be a force of nature in hollywood and he shows in this film that he is here to stay. Yes it has some flaws but everything else is SO GOOD! I can ignore those problems. For me it gets a VERY FRESH! score of 85100 Expand
  18. May 10, 2014
    90 minutes of frat vs. new found parents hilarity is just about right for this movie. There us a reason it is rated R, with revealing of private parts and crude humor the movie may turn off very secure minded people. Still if you are between the years of college and new found parenthood, you will have a connection that allows you to love the movie. There is a heart-felt scene shoved in90 minutes of frat vs. new found parents hilarity is just about right for this movie. There us a reason it is rated R, with revealing of private parts and crude humor the movie may turn off very secure minded people. Still if you are between the years of college and new found parenthood, you will have a connection that allows you to love the movie. There is a heart-felt scene shoved in there, for those who are about to leave college and have "brothers" who have been with you every step of the way. Actors did a great job( not an oscar winning performance) allowing context and relate-ability with the characters. Still the humor is top-notch in my opinion and makes you kinda wish you were at the epic frat parties presented in the movie.
    This is a really enjoyable comedy movie that I am willing to share with my friends once in a while, and thus I give this movie a 4 Silver A-stars.
  19. May 10, 2014
    Neighbors is an awesome movie. It's absolutely disgusting yet surprisingly insightful about growing up and the unknown future. While not quite as astounding as This is The End, Neighbors starts off the summer in one of the best ways possible.
  20. May 12, 2014
    Neighbors is for sure a raunchy laugh out loud comedy, Its 90 minutes of crude humor but somewhere behind all the pot smoke the movies actually has a heart. Nicholas Stoller has made some decent films like Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Five-Year Engagement but Neighbors is his best movie to date. There are a few extremely funny gags running throughout the film with your typical fratNeighbors is for sure a raunchy laugh out loud comedy, Its 90 minutes of crude humor but somewhere behind all the pot smoke the movies actually has a heart. Nicholas Stoller has made some decent films like Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Five-Year Engagement but Neighbors is his best movie to date. There are a few extremely funny gags running throughout the film with your typical frat humor in between. The part that was a shock to me is that some scenes were lighthearted i guess its such a shock to me because you really never see that it this type of comedy. The cast is solid Seth Rogen is Seth Rogen i guess some would consider that a bad thing but i on the other hand do not. Zac Efron did a solid performance and i know for being an old Disney actor people seem to write him off but the guy can act also him and Dave Franco were an hilarious duo i wouldn't mind them two being in another movie together. Rose Byrne really caught me off guard with how funny she is i wasn't expecting to be laughing so hard with scenes where she is the focal point.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Neighbors kicks off the summer comedy slate with a bang, its for sure the most i laughed at the theaters this year so far, well actually im not so sure about that because The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was hilariously bad anyways Neighbors is well worth a watch.
  21. May 10, 2014
    An absolutely hilarious comedy that lived up to my expectations! Neighbors is easily the funniest movie so far this year! While it isn't quite as funny or outrageous as This is the End (at least in my opinion,) it still managed to make me laugh and put a smile on my face multiple times. Seth Rogen was funny as always. Rose Byrne surprisingly steals several scenes with her upbeatAn absolutely hilarious comedy that lived up to my expectations! Neighbors is easily the funniest movie so far this year! While it isn't quite as funny or outrageous as This is the End (at least in my opinion,) it still managed to make me laugh and put a smile on my face multiple times. Seth Rogen was funny as always. Rose Byrne surprisingly steals several scenes with her upbeat performance. Zac Efron and Dave Franco also made for a hilarious duo. Overall, this is one funny comedy that offers some honest laughs and isn't cluttered with too many clichés like most comedies nowadays. Expand
  22. May 20, 2014
    I found the movie to be hilarious. I enjoy the raunchy humor in the same vein as Superbad and 21 Jump Street. If that kind of humor is not your thing, do not go see this movie. If it is though, you will enjoy it!
  23. May 9, 2014
    In terms of comedic timing, the film is light years beyond anything in recent memory. Although the film tried to give itself a conscience sometimes which was terribly unnecessary. Kind of like if you were eating the most awesome piece of cheesecake ever and randomly some dude just ran up and interrupted it by explaining, ever so briefly, how bad all the sugar and fats were to your body.In terms of comedic timing, the film is light years beyond anything in recent memory. Although the film tried to give itself a conscience sometimes which was terribly unnecessary. Kind of like if you were eating the most awesome piece of cheesecake ever and randomly some dude just ran up and interrupted it by explaining, ever so briefly, how bad all the sugar and fats were to your body. Ethical Monday morning quarterbacking. Also, the token black guy nailed it in this one. Expand
  24. May 16, 2014
    So raunchy but funny for sure. Wasn't expecting the sex scene, caught me off-guard. Not the greatest writing story wise, but kept me laughing. Cool! Love to laugh!
  25. May 24, 2014
    This movie is funny period. The jokes are funny, the physical humor was ridiculously funny and Rogan and Effron were great. Honestly other then a few instances you like these guys and want to party with them.
  26. Jul 22, 2014
    This is a must see if you are a Seth Rogen fan. This is one of my favorite movies he has done, and I am a huge fan of most of his work. It has a great cast that works together well. It will keep you laughing almost the whole time. It is one of the best comedies of the summer.
  27. Oct 1, 2014
    Satisfyingly funny but not quite classic comedy status, Neighbors delivers enough laughs and a decent cast that makes it worth a watch or two. I'm happy I saw it but I probably won't go out of my way to see it again anytime soon.
  28. Sep 6, 2014
    Neighbors is one of the better comedy this year. Great chemistry between the main casts, and while their antics became a bit ridiculous, it's still a fun romp.
  29. Jun 16, 2014
    Great times, Worth seeing in theaters. Zack Efron and Seth Rogan are at their bests. They make us laugh a little bit and the dialogue isn't that bad. The reason why I have to give it a 7 out of 10 is because at times of comic fight scenes it gets a bit cheesy and it's only funny up to a certain point and then it gets boring and it's no longer funny. But Neighbors is worth checking out andGreat times, Worth seeing in theaters. Zack Efron and Seth Rogan are at their bests. They make us laugh a little bit and the dialogue isn't that bad. The reason why I have to give it a 7 out of 10 is because at times of comic fight scenes it gets a bit cheesy and it's only funny up to a certain point and then it gets boring and it's no longer funny. But Neighbors is worth checking out and everything is pretty much on key here. The storyline is good, the acting is good and everything's not to bad. Expand
  30. Aug 3, 2015
    If this movie falls flat in conversation and plot set up, it usually makes up for it with silly, unexpected and sometimes tounge in cheek jokes that had me balling throughout. Super funny film and Seth Rogen is once again comedy gold.
  31. Jun 28, 2014
    Neighbors is the latest hilarious comedy with Seth Rogen though the stand out performance in this one comes from Rose Byrne. She makes this film her own with many of the funniest scenes in the film. While I would give a slight edge to This is the End, Neighbors isn't far behind. A
  32. Jun 11, 2015
    Totalmente predecible de principio a fin, pero como siempre el viaje de llegar a la conclusión de la misma es lo divertido del mismo, en este caso cumple con el aspecto comico.
  33. May 26, 2014
    Neighbors is a wet dream for party-movie lovers, and some college kids who want to see a movie on a Saturday night. While it manages to be well-scripted, well-shot, and even well-acted, it takes some of the jokes way too far, and beings to get repulsive by the middle. Some will embrace the repulsiveness with open arms, while others will find it offensive. I rather liked it for the mostNeighbors is a wet dream for party-movie lovers, and some college kids who want to see a movie on a Saturday night. While it manages to be well-scripted, well-shot, and even well-acted, it takes some of the jokes way too far, and beings to get repulsive by the middle. Some will embrace the repulsiveness with open arms, while others will find it offensive. I rather liked it for the most part, even though it went a bit too over the top sometimes and didn't know went to move on to the next scene. Expand
  34. May 27, 2014
    It defiantly proves that frat bro's and new families just don't come together--especially when they live side by side; which usually isn't funny. But when you put it into a film format with a decent cast and an ever so funny script, you can't help but to laugh every now and then.
  35. Oct 4, 2014
    Really funny movie. I was really entertained by this movie I was laughing non stop it is very crude and rude but that makes it really funny. Not the best comedy of the year but it is up there in terms of comedy. Seth Rogan is great in his role and was the funniest part about this movie. Not the best story but it can be expected for this type of movie.
  36. May 31, 2014
    My **** seth and zac definitely repped themselves well in this film! I was in a frat myself and this definitely reflected what i felt in my last year of frat!
  37. Jun 10, 2014
    It is a pretty funny movie but not as funny as I had expected. It definitely made me laugh at certain parts. I just don't think I would watch it again.
  38. Nov 21, 2014
    I know I am not going to see a movie that has Seth Rogen in it where it will be just funny as This is The End but I know that I would I have some good laughs in this movie.

The plot was okay and a bit predictable but Seth Rogen’s signature brash, over-the-top humor makes it up for it. I liked the cast of this movie which attributes why I like the characters in this movie. I am amazed

I liked the cast of this movie which attributes why I like the characters in this movie. I am amazed at Zac Efron’s comedic effort in this movie. He is now shying himself away from the “chick flick romantic lead guy” which is great for his career. I also liked Zac Effron and Seth Rogen’s dynamic together. It seemed like they’re old buddies exchanging jokes to each other. I also like Rose Byrne’s comedic effort in this movie especially with his chemistry with Seth Rogen, she manages to be funny without trying too hard.

The length of the movie is what I have a problem with. It seemed like it should have been shorter considering its concept that could be solved much more easier and faster.

Although this movie is not one of my favorites like This is The End and 22 Jump Street, Neighbors is a funny movie thanks to the cast’s great comedic effort. This movie is better watched with your friends.
  39. Nov 22, 2014
    Perhaps the funniest film of 2014 and probably the most anticipated film of the year. Seth Rogen are great. You find yourself cheering for either one of their side as you acquire more and more information. Its hard to believe that this is a film that has never been done before. Its so original.
  40. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than you might expect.

It's very much in the Rogen oeuvre but more restrained and less self-indulgent than usual.

It is confusing that the villains win the day while the heroes fail - but that is just one of the many surprises awaiting you in this film.

It's a great deal of fun.
  41. Oct 14, 2014
    This movie was hysterical! I had low expectations going in to see this movie and was surprised as I found myself laughing throughout the whole movie. I was entertained the whole movie which says a lot for comedies of this type especially.

The humor is most definitely adult so if you're offended easily be prepared. The movie has excellent writing and a good, fun premise. Worth seeing.
  42. Oct 22, 2014
    A young couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house as they battle to see who owns the neighborhood.
  43. Dec 4, 2014
    Summary: Neighbors is likable and wickedly funny. 80/100 [B+]

Summary: Neighbors is likable and wickedly funny. 80/100 [B+]

Even though I have some issues with "Neighbors" such as the characterization and the character development, I really enjoyed the movie, especially the performances; all of them are quite likable, except Seth Rogen he is just a "meh" for me, I don't even remember his name in the movie, anyway, he's just OK. Moving on, the plot moves quickly and there are a lot of funny moments during the first 30 minutes. It has a decent running time (96 min) but it feels very short, the movie is so entertaining and funny, 10 minutes more would be great.

The dialog is a little bit overcooked and quite insane sometimes. Neighbors is for a very specific audience, it's a very crude comedy. Also, I loved the cast, Rose Byrne was terrific! there's a scene involving her boobs and it's definitely the best scene in the movie. Zac Efron gives his most standout performance since "Hairspray" and Seth Rogen as I said he's just watchable. In addition, Dave Franco was great too and he has the most realistic character in the whole film; finally, there's a cute baby called "Stella" and she will steal your heart. [B+]
  44. Nov 2, 2014
    Neighbors is a raunchy, modern-age college comedy that pits family versus frat in a never-ending feud filled with jokes that go a bit too far. The cast does a great job delivering strong characters that go through immense development with very relatable themes. Although the jokes limit the target audience they coincide with the theme of the film, which helps make this film the new-era, yetNeighbors is a raunchy, modern-age college comedy that pits family versus frat in a never-ending feud filled with jokes that go a bit too far. The cast does a great job delivering strong characters that go through immense development with very relatable themes. Although the jokes limit the target audience they coincide with the theme of the film, which helps make this film the new-era, yet slightly less memorable, ?Animal House?. Certainly a film to see if you enjoy the work of Judd Apatow or racy college-centric films. Expand
  45. Jun 23, 2015
    This is the kind of movie that most people either love or hate; and while it's not mind-blowing, it doesn't disappoint. It's just a good conflict comedy that has some cool parts, some good laughs, and some non-realistic scenes good enough to be funny. It's not the comedy of the year or anything remotely close but most people will enjoy it.
  46. Feb 3, 2015
    no movie is perfect there were some things that turned me off but i was left with a good feeling after watching this a funny movie with a good message not pure crap
  47. Apr 27, 2016
    "Neighbors " has been one of the comedies more sucking i´ve seen in my live. All parties, vulgarities and unmistakable comedy were a nice touch of emotion that made me missing, but was too strong for the looks .
  48. Jul 14, 2016
    Though its final act loses steam and the vulgarity is a tad overdone, Bad Neighbours' talented cast and mostly funny script are enough to keep things afloat. Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne were as funny as ever, while Zac Efron displays a surprising range of comedic gifts. The jokes, while sometimes overly crude, are often hilarious, and the film makes the most out of its solid premise. DuringThough its final act loses steam and the vulgarity is a tad overdone, Bad Neighbours' talented cast and mostly funny script are enough to keep things afloat. Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne were as funny as ever, while Zac Efron displays a surprising range of comedic gifts. The jokes, while sometimes overly crude, are often hilarious, and the film makes the most out of its solid premise. During the last third or so, however, it grows a bit tiresome. It kind of abandons its themes about the anxieties of getting older and starts to feel slightly repetitive. Still, all complaints aside, Bad Neighbours is a fun battle-of-the-ages comedy that should please Seth Rogen fans- though it's certainly not for the easily offended. Expand
  49. Apr 18, 2016
    Good movie. No more, no less. It was funny, had good characters, decent acting and is sure to please most audiences. Not great, nor outstanding though. Just a solid movie.
  50. Feb 22, 2016
    Maybe I felt so stupid after watching this movie, but hey... at least it's worth a shot giving one to watch this movie just to grant out some laughs or maybe a few.

1. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    May 9, 2014
    The result is a funny and raucously lewd comedy fueled with enough penis jokes to keep an actual fraternity in stitches for a trimester.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    May 9, 2014
    Neighbors makes "Animal House" look like "Remembrances of Things Past."
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 9, 2014
    Can it be considered a comic masterpiece on the same level as "Animal House," that mother of frat-house comedies? Not by a long shot.