Alliance Atlantis Communications | Release Date: July 26, 2000
7.9
Generally favorable reviews based on 29 Ratings
WATCH NOW
AntoaniP.Jan 6, 2006
I love this movie, remembers me to a good friend of mine, I hope Blockbuster have this movie 'cause I gotta buy it. You wouldn't catch me crying if I got to leave. I'd smile and wave goodbye.
MR.Sep 9, 2007
Great portayal of growing up in small town Cape Breton.
EdG.Jan 16, 2006
Growing up on the ocean as a "Beach Townie ", as I did, I was drawn to this story. It was as if I relived a significant portion of my life, if for only a few moments. A grand flick!
MargaretAug 22, 2006
my favourite movie. so real, so funny.
PhilipB.Sep 25, 2006
Having been raised in an Irish Catholic community near the ocean, this movie rang true in depicting the culture as I experienced it. The music, the views of the older people, and the desperate desire of some young people, such as I once was, Having been raised in an Irish Catholic community near the ocean, this movie rang true in depicting the culture as I experienced it. The music, the views of the older people, and the desperate desire of some young people, such as I once was, to experience the larger world, while others will remain in the community forever. My children are growing up in a a different place, in a different state, and a different world. This recreates so much of what once was for them and, at the same time, is a warm, funny, affectionate, and smart view of female adolescence and the ways of my people in small communities. I don't believe the view is too cute, but instead portrays the charm, wit, superstitions, love of music, and the bizarre mix of ignorance and intelligence that was part of my growing up. Expand
JodiS.Oct 26, 2005
I really enjoyed this movie, it was hilarious and I would watch it again for sure!
SueG.Apr 26, 2007
I love this movie...and watch every time it's on cable.Does anyone know where I can find the soundtrack...I really enjoyed the music.