4.8

1. Dec 14, 2011
    Don't waste your time with a movie that seems merely to have been made to showcase as many name actors as humanly possible. Story? Im still not clear on what that may have been. It's not a movie I would tend to go see but I got roped into it and it couldn't have been more painful. At least each actor I can't stand is only in it for a handful of minutes. It seems like just long enoughDon't waste your time with a movie that seems merely to have been made to showcase as many name actors as humanly possible. Story? Im still not clear on what that may have been. It's not a movie I would tend to go see but I got roped into it and it couldn't have been more painful. At least each actor I can't stand is only in it for a handful of minutes. It seems like just long enough for them to pick up a paycheck really. Expand
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Even though New Year's Eve is nowhere near the worst film ever ("The Bounty Hunter" comes to mind) it's true to say that it is not good. However, if you are prepared to play a round of "spot the false teeth" then you are in for a treat! Does anyone in Hollywood have their own teeth these days?. My advice? Go with a bunch of girlfriends but make sure you have a very liquid lunch/dinner first.
  3. Jun 6, 2012
    This Is A Good Movie!
    Why All The Bad Reviews?
  4. Oct 20, 2012
    Ugh! Only one of the five or six different stroylines was even a tad bit interesting. Clearly, "NYE" is a vehicle built to attract an audience eager to walk down Hollywood Blvd. Two time Oscar winner Hillary Swank was simply a dud...Or should I say her character. Mr. Marshall has done this sort of thing before - thinking he will be exonerated from blame for a crappy script by providingUgh! Only one of the five or six different stroylines was even a tad bit interesting. Clearly, "NYE" is a vehicle built to attract an audience eager to walk down Hollywood Blvd. Two time Oscar winner Hillary Swank was simply a dud...Or should I say her character. Mr. Marshall has done this sort of thing before - thinking he will be exonerated from blame for a crappy script by providing the audience with a bunch of big names. Well, this small name thought this was a waste of time. Expand
  5. Dec 30, 2011
    How was a movie like this made? My friend & I made a last minute decision to go to the movie and this was the only one playing, so we went. I am amazed that someone green-lit this film...it's horrible. From the drag-queen makeup on the ladies to BonJovi's red leather jacket that looked like it was from Brittany Spears tour circa 2002, then there's the plot and the writing...horrible. IHow was a movie like this made? My friend & I made a last minute decision to go to the movie and this was the only one playing, so we went. I am amazed that someone green-lit this film...it's horrible. From the drag-queen makeup on the ladies to BonJovi's red leather jacket that looked like it was from Brittany Spears tour circa 2002, then there's the plot and the writing...horrible. I stayed to watch because it was like a train wreck. I can write so much more, but I'll leave it at that. I guess I'm the biggest loser here because I paid to see it...but reader be warned. Expand
  6. Feb 23, 2012
    Really best! One of my favourit!
  7. Dec 7, 2012
    Likable cast, but completely pointless. I honestly have no idea why this movie was made. Overall I was entertained, but it left no mark on me whatsoever.
  8. Mar 20, 2013
    Didn't go into it expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised It's corny I'll give it that but it's also an enjoyable film to watch, plus it's fun guessing what's going to happen next! The all-star cast works well together especially the couples linked with one another. It's similar to other films with large casts like 'Love Actually' and while not as good as that was it's still aDidn't go into it expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised It's corny I'll give it that but it's also an enjoyable film to watch, plus it's fun guessing what's going to happen next! The all-star cast works well together especially the couples linked with one another. It's similar to other films with large casts like 'Love Actually' and while not as good as that was it's still a decent effort and it will hit the right audiences, so overall it's worth a shot. Expand
  9. Mar 21, 2013
    Same as the first cliche, A-List actors to bring in the money, predictable, ok plot but this one tries a little to hard, but I prefer this to the first. The movie as the same as the first are only for the months it portrays Only watch the movie in December and January. Every other month it will probably be boring. I mean I like it I just only hate Ashton Kutcher he really can't act all heSame as the first cliche, A-List actors to bring in the money, predictable, ok plot but this one tries a little to hard, but I prefer this to the first. The movie as the same as the first are only for the months it portrays Only watch the movie in December and January. Every other month it will probably be boring. I mean I like it I just only hate Ashton Kutcher he really can't act all he does is either overact Yell, Scream, Childish. or underact boring, and stupid I dont like him in anything other then those What Happens in Vegas series thing. But I say watch New Years Eve in Dec and Jan. Expand
  10. Jan 27, 2012
    If you go in expecting an Oscar contender, of course you will be disappointed. But if you enjoy a cute story and a cavalcade of stars who make you laugh often and cry at least once, you won't be.
  11. Dec 14, 2011
    This is a stylistic followup to "Valentine's Day," which was fun. It's directed by Garry Marshall and features an enormous name-laden cast, including De Niro, Swank, Berry, Kutcher, Pfeiffer, Efron, Biel, Bon Jovi and Heigl. They star in multiple scenarios that revolve around the last night of the year and they all do a good job. The moviemaking is competent and the pacing never lags (howThis is a stylistic followup to "Valentine's Day," which was fun. It's directed by Garry Marshall and features an enormous name-laden cast, including De Niro, Swank, Berry, Kutcher, Pfeiffer, Efron, Biel, Bon Jovi and Heigl. They star in multiple scenarios that revolve around the last night of the year and they all do a good job. The moviemaking is competent and the pacing never lags (how could it with so many stories?), but there isn't enough comedy and it tries to be too heartfelt. As a result, it's just busy and flat. Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2011
    Ok, I bet you guys are wondering why I am giving to this film such a great score, so there it is: I went to the movie expecting to see any movie that would made me feel better, and it brought it. I think that people aren't seeing that the beauty of the movie is exactly its simplicity, and how possible its happenings are. If you are looking for a smart and brilliant movie you shouldn'tOk, I bet you guys are wondering why I am giving to this film such a great score, so there it is: I went to the movie expecting to see any movie that would made me feel better, and it brought it. I think that people aren't seeing that the beauty of the movie is exactly its simplicity, and how possible its happenings are. If you are looking for a smart and brilliant movie you shouldn't watch it, but if you are searching something that have the power to make you feel better about your own life, go for it. Thanks a lot for reading. Expand
  13. Dec 12, 2011
    Having read reviews about this film on the cinema's website and from reviews in newspapers and on this site, I was expecting to waste two hours of my life watching the worst film ever, until I was talked into it by my girlfriend.

Frankly, the reviews do not do it justice. Whilst it is true that it is a bit predictable, if you are looking for an easily-watchable Christmassy movie and nothing more (e.g., a true chick flick, feel-good plot) then you will enjoy it. It is basically an American & New year version of "love actually"; mirroring it in every way down to the emotional story lines, theme, ensemble cast, etc...

My girlfriend cried like a baby during it, and without giving away too much, Robert DeNiro's storyline was particularly moving... Although I would never admit it to her, my eyes got a bit watery during that part too. I must have got something in my contact lenses!

Aside from being a little predictable, the only other negative points are Lea Michele's lip syncing - which hasn't got any better since the first episode of 'Glee', and the UNBELIEVABLY white teeth of most of the cast. I can't really deduct points for teeth though...

By the way, If Ashton Kutcher is reading this; you look like an unwashed hippy with your long hair and beard - go back to your look from 'The Guardian'.
  14. Dec 17, 2011
    how delicious for critics to sink their teeth into and lambaste movies. i'm an armchair critic, buti kinda liked this one. consider all them boy gets girl/boy loses girl/boy gets girl twaddle flicks that've fared better than news years eve.
  15. Dec 23, 2011
    this movie was exactly what i thought it was going to be...just like valentine's day ( which i was not impressed with either). for having such a talented cast don't you think they could have made a better movie?? some of the sections were very slow too, i almost fell asleep in parts. I still think however, this was a fun holiday movie!
  16. Jan 5, 2012
    Remember the 2003 film Love Actually? Of course you do. It was a British classic. And do you remember the 2010 film Valentineâ
  17. Jan 13, 2012
    I'm giving this a mixed review - it was a pleasant surprise in that it wasn't your usual typical cringe-worthy rom-com but I feel the director tried way too hard to have an A-list packed cast. I think it's a shame when this happens because there's so many aspiring actors who can act much better than Jon Bon Jovi.
  18. Feb 8, 2012
    It wasn't so bad. Obviously it wasn't a colossal or a block-buster but it was enjoyable. The acting it wasn't for a Oscar nomination but it was funny sometimes.
  19. Feb 9, 2012
    Okay this is so bad, this is a bad way to make a movie, to many people in this movie the story is a jump around. The only good thing about this movie and why it gets a 1 because of the love in this movie.... But the acting was really bad.....
  20. May 1, 2012
    It all comes down to what you expect before you start watching the movie. I expected cheesy, sappy, chick flick and basically this is what I've got. However, I was surprised by some of the stories (Michelle Pfeiffer & Zac Efron, Josh Duhamel). I would like to point that Michelle & Zac have a very strange chemistry and their story seemed believable and offered hope. This movie is a greatIt all comes down to what you expect before you start watching the movie. I expected cheesy, sappy, chick flick and basically this is what I've got. However, I was surprised by some of the stories (Michelle Pfeiffer & Zac Efron, Josh Duhamel). I would like to point that Michelle & Zac have a very strange chemistry and their story seemed believable and offered hope. This movie is a great holiday movie as it awakes optimism and strengthens the belief that finally everything will be alright. Everything else, really doesn't matter... Expand
  21. Aug 14, 2013
    This was so painful. So, so painful. I'm not sure what the draw is to getting big casts and compiling them into crappy holiday movies, this and valentines day were a huge waste of time.
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    I've watched this movie plenty of times and I get the same good feeling every single time. Anyone that loves the holiday season will love this movie. Bon jovi is the only negative part of the movie for me.
  23. Mar 25, 2014
    i understand the bad reviews but i understand you . let me explain you why they made the movie . new years eve movie is about a new day , new year , resoultions and a goal for new years . that's why the writers made the film . my opinion of this film is i kinda like it and its new years enjoyable . Grade B

1. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Dec 12, 2011
    Even with the bar lowered, this seems appallingly bad, a lazy assortment of weak punch lines, sentimental music cues, and trite situations.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Dec 12, 2011
    New Year's Eve may be the ugliest movie of the year, from the garish lighting to the heavy make up and bad costumes.
  3. Reviewed by: Dave McGinn
    Dec 9, 2011
    New Year's Eve. It's big and shiny and crowded and no matter how much you might look forward to it, it never lives up to the hype. The movie is even worse.